Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost Our Boy Squiggy
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
Gunners Mama
I've been on here for the past few months because we lost our boy Gunner. I'm still not over the grief. Then yesterday 5 months and 1 day we lost our boy Squiggy. He was an 11 year old Boston terrier that was the most kind and sweetest little dog that you could have ever met. About 6 years ago he lost one of his eyes and then gradually lost almost all of his eyesight in the other one. He still managed to get around good. He managed to remember all of the different places that we went. We noticed a difference in his behavior after we lost Gunner and thought that he was depressed. Then as it continued we thought it was because of old age and maybe he was losing more sight in his eye. He had been to the vet a couple of months ago and he had a full panel of blood work and it showed that he was a little anemic. Then yesterday my husband called me and was frantic telling me that Squiggy was having a seizure and it was really bad. I told him to take him to the vet. I called them and then flew to the vets office. He had another seizure on the way to the vets office. When they got there they took him in the back and gave him some medicine and he had another seizure and then they had to sedate him. The vet told us that since he was older and had never had a seizure before that it was probably a brain tumor. He continued to have them while he was sedated. We had no option but to have to have him euthanized. My heart broke all over again. My husband held his paw and I pet him until he took his last breath. I'm still in shock. We brought him down to our cabin and laid him in the ground right next to Gunner. I just don't know if I can do this so soon
Jud
Gunners Mama
I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am. My heart is breaking for you and your husband. I can't imagine going through the loss again. There are no words to take your pain away. I lost Buck 4 months ago. I still cry and sleep with his stuffed animals. I always will. I have been seeing a counselor to help me deal with the loss. She always says to be kind to yourself. The shock is a protective shield for us until we can begin to process the loss. I am sending you hugs and prayers. Squiggly is with Gunner. You have two very special angels. My heart is with you.
Jud
moon_beam
Hi, Gunner's Mom, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Squiggy. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company. Losing a companion so unexpectedly and so close after a previous loss intensifies the grief.

Gunner's Mom, I truly wish there were some magical words I could say to you that could take this deep sorrow from your heart, but unfortunately I do not have that power. I do know so very well from first hand experience what it is like to lose two beloved companions in a short period of time and I can tell you it is not easy recovering from the "double grief." Please know we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us. Your plan to bury your beloved Squiggy's physical body next to your beloved Gunner at the cabin sounds lovely.

Thank you so very much for honoring us in sharing your beloved Squiggy with us. I hope you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Squiggy's and Gunner's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Gunner's Mom, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LittleGirl'sMommy
Gunner and Squiggy's Mama,

sad.gif Wow. I'm so sorry to have to hear this news! My heart goes out to you on this 2nd unbelievable loss.

You and your husband, as before, did all the right things. I'm so glad your husband was home at the time! And Squiggy knew he was in good hands and would not suffer. And he and Gunner are together--and are still with you.

But their physical loss, the emptiness, is beyond heart-breaking, I know.

Thank you for coming here and sharing this. We're here for you. I'm just so sorry this had to happen!

Prayers of peace coming your way. Please continue to share how you are doing!

Kathy
LittleGirl'sMommy
How are you doing, Gunner's Mama?
Concerned about you and sending prayers,
Kathy
Gunners Mama
Hi Kathy, Moon Beam and Jud. Thanks for responding and checking on me. I'm sorry that I haven't been on in a while. For whatever reason it will not allow me to log on to the forum on my cell. I thought that I would try the iPad tonight and it worked. I've been doing okay. I still cry at least a little bit every day. We took our Squiggy and put him right next to our Gunner. Gosh I sure do miss them.
moon_beam
Hi, Gunner's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. I can so relate to how you're feeling after losing two beloved companions in a short period of time. I hope in time you will be able to find a peace in your heart that your beloved Gunner and Squiggy are together in eternal joy patiently waiting for your appropriate time to join them. Until then, you are blessed to hold their treasured memories in your heart - - for you are always and forever their Forever Mom.

I hope today is treating you kindly, Gunner's Mom, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Squiggy's and Gunner's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Gunner's Mom, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.