Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trevor's Mom Has Gone Home
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
Gretta's Mom
Dear friends who loved Trevor and his mom (and that seems like half the world - they were miraculous souls)

Trevor's mom joined him in the Perfect World on April 9. They are now reunited, never to be parted again. If it's not too inappropriate, here is a poem I wrote to her. If it is, and the site admin takes this post down, I'll understand and repost.

Little Sister, where are you?
Little Sister, so very tiny – every drop of blood exchanged for life (a total blood replacement at birth)
Little Sister, so very little – of the curly blonde hair and sharp teeth (she bit HARD as a toddler)
Little Sister – screaming in the night no one could wake you up (nightmares from brain effects of the blood transfusion)
Little Sister – I look around for your spirit but I don’t see it, I don’t feel it.
Little Sister – Are you gone forever? Will I never feel your spirit like I felt the spirits of Rufus and Gretta? (my two dogs)
Little Sister – I am here to be with you as we had always planned, but you are gone. Now every city looks the same, the same without you.
Little Sister – You are my heart, you are half of everything I am.
Little Sister – Dreamer dreams lonely dreams and Kelly walks in circles looking for you. I do my best to love them – but they know. (her two dogs)
Little Sister – Maybe I will have to leave your house in order for your spirit to find me.
Little Sister – In the end I could not help you, I could not save you. I am so sorry.
Little Sister – Did you take a part of my heart with you? Does it hurt so much that I can’t feel it?
Little Sister – Did you leave a part of your heart with me? I hope so. Oh how I hope so. Oh how I miss you. Oh how I love you.
Little Sister, little star. How do I know which one you are?

Gretta and rufus's mom
Brutus
Gretta's Mom,

I read the forum but don't post often anymore, I have been following both yours and Bobbie's stories. I am very sorry for your loss of Bobbie, my heart goes out to you. I am praying for you and your family. Much peace and blessing. My thoughts are with you.

Love,
Sonya

LoveMyMickey
A Butterfly poem for Bobbie.

My Little Butterfly

Today a little butterfly flew by me.
I thought to myself where have you been little butterfly.
You come into this world as a cocoon all by yourself and blossom into
this beautiful butterfly and fly off to see the world.
What you don’t realize little butterfly as you flutter through your days
is how you touch those around you in your soft gentle way.
You don’t even realize the wonder and awe you create around you.
she fluttered her wings toward me as if she was waving good-by as she
headed towards the horizon.
She looked very happy and content as she went on her way, as if to say
to me “Don’t worry I’ll be okay”.
I was sad to see her go for she had touched my heart in such a way that
I knew my life would never be the same.
She had left an imprint of all the beauty life has to offer.
I knew each time I looked at another butterfly or horizon I would
remember our moment in time when it was only her and I.
I knew I would be a better person all because this little butterfly flew by
me one bright sunny day.

Written by Barbara Ann Rogers

Bobbie and I both joined LS in April 2011. I had just lost my Mickey two months before. Bobbie's Trevor was very sick but she always found time to comfort me. We shared tears and some laughs too. She and I loved butterflies and believed they are a sign from our pets after they go to heaven. So when I found this butterfly poem I thought of Bobbie and Trevor.

I have planted two Butterfly Bushes here at home in memory of Bobbie and Trevor. They should grow and bloom this summer with flowers that butterflies love.

My Dear Bobbie, send me a butterfly, okay? I'll never forget you and Trevor. Love Ya"! wub.gif

LoveMyMickey
DannysMom
Gretta's Mom, my condolences on the loss of your sister. Even though the loss hurts, I hope it is a small comfort to you that she is no longer in pain. I'm sure there was a happy reunion between Bobby and Trevor.

Hugs,
DannysMom
Gretta's Mom
Thank you so much Sonya for loving Trevor and BObbie and me. I know she has now joined all the dogs she loved on this earth and that she is free of pain and suffering. I am trying my best to honor her memory by loving her living dogs, Dreamer and Kelly, and to visit and tend the graves of the seen dogs and two birds that have gone before her and with whom she is now reunited forever. Thank you for loving us and for these kind words of rememberance.

Grett and Rufus's Mom (Jeanne)

QUOTE (Brutus @ Apr 26 2014, 12:59 PM) *
Gretta's Mom,

I read the forum but don't post often anymore, I have been following both yours and Bobbie's stories. I am very sorry for your loss of Bobbie, my heart goes out to you. I am praying for you and your family. Much peace and blessing. My thoughts are with you.

Love,
Sonya

Gretta's Mom
oh Love My mickey - one of our true blue Four Musketeers. You were the one who taught Bobbie about Butterflies and then she taught me. they really ARE souls fluttering around in this mortal world. landing where they may and thus testing the souls of men. Thos who recognize them for what they are, and heaven-bound. Those who brush them away have a long way to go yet to find happiness. Butterflies are destined for the perfect World and to take the ones who love them directly there. They also continue to remind us that we too have a home beyond the skies. I'm going to ifnd out what Butterfly bushes are and plant two in her yard.

God bless you LMM and please keep on being a member of our Four Musketeers, OK?

Rufus and Gretta's mom (Jeanne)

QUOTE (LoveMyMickey @ Apr 26 2014, 05:48 PM) *
A Butterfly poem for Bobbie.

My Little Butterfly

Today a little butterfly flew by me.
I thought to myself where have you been little butterfly.
You come into this world as a cocoon all by yourself and blossom into
this beautiful butterfly and fly off to see the world.
What you don’t realize little butterfly as you flutter through your days
is how you touch those around you in your soft gentle way.
You don’t even realize the wonder and awe you create around you.
she fluttered her wings toward me as if she was waving good-by as she
headed towards the horizon.
She looked very happy and content as she went on her way, as if to say
to me “Don’t worry I’ll be okay”.
I was sad to see her go for she had touched my heart in such a way that
I knew my life would never be the same.
She had left an imprint of all the beauty life has to offer.
I knew each time I looked at another butterfly or horizon I would
remember our moment in time when it was only her and I.
I knew I would be a better person all because this little butterfly flew by
me one bright sunny day.

Written by Barbara Ann Rogers

Bobbie and I both joined LS in April 2011. I had just lost my Mickey two months before. Bobbie's Trevor was very sick but she always found time to comfort me. We shared tears and some laughs too. She and I loved butterflies and believed they are a sign from our pets after they go to heaven. So when I found this butterfly poem I thought of Bobbie and Trevor.

I have planted two Butterfly Bushes here at home in memory of Bobbie and Trevor. They should grow and bloom this summer with flowers that butterflies love.

My Dear Bobbie, send me a butterfly, okay? I'll never forget you and Trevor. Love Ya"! wub.gif

LoveMyMickey

moon_beam
Hi, Jeanne, thank you so much for sharing with us the news of your beloved sister, and a member of our forum family. It is times like these when words are so inadequate, when sometimes just listening is the greatest comfort to a broken heart. It is not unusual to feel numb when our loved one - - whoever the life form - - is no longer physically with us. The good news is that love transcends all boundaries of this physically oriented world. So please let your heart find comfort in knowing that the love you and your beloved Bobbie share is eternal.

I hope today is treating you kindly and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Gretta's, Rufus', and Bobbie's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
my George
Oh......Jeanne....

Thank you for letting us know.....

((((((((HUGS))))))))

George's mum
Gretta's Mom
Thank you for being our friend, Sonya. Your icon brings tears to my eyes. My second dog was a half black lab/half Newfie named Rufus and he was getting to be a gray muzzler. Maybe the passing of our dogs is practice for the passing of our most beloved people. Thank you for your prayers - they are what does the most.

Rufus and Gretta's mom

QUOTE (Brutus @ Apr 26 2014, 12:59 PM) *
Gretta's Mom,

Love,
Sonya

Gretta's Mom

Thank you so much Danny's mom. Yes, Bobbie is out of the pain that defined her whole adult life and she is in the Garden of Perfect Delight. I'm sure Trevor, also out of his suffering, was trying to inch through gate to be the first one to greet her.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

QUOTE (DannysMom @ Apr 26 2014, 05:52 PM) *
Gretta's Mom, my condolences on the loss of your sister. Even though the loss hurts, I hope it is a small comfort to you that she is no longer in pain. I'm sure there was a happy reunion between Bobby and Trevor.

Hugs,
DannysMom

Brutus
QUOTE (Gretta's Mom @ Apr 29 2014, 08:28 AM) *
Thank you for being our friend, Sonya. Your icon brings tears to my eyes. My second dog was a half black lab/half Newfie named Rufus and he was getting to be a gray muzzler. Maybe the passing of our dogs is practice for the passing of our most beloved people. Thank you for your prayers - they are what does the most.

Rufus and Gretta's mom

I do believe that is true....Brutus was the closest thing I had lost until my parents passed not too long ago. Pain is pain, although different in some ways, it's all painful. I don't know if you are a country music fan, but this song below always makes me smile (through the tears).

http://youtu.be/vTnWFT3DvVA

For me, time did not heal my broken heart from my many recent loses, be it four legs or two, but it makes it more bearable.

I will be praying time treats you kindly ((hugs))

Love,
Sonya
Gretta's Mom
Sonya

Your song has made me cry, too. For all the beings, two-legged and four- who have gone on before me. But I KNOW I will see them again.

Rufus and Gretta's mom
Gretta's Mom
Dear Friends

On August 1, Bobbie was joined in heaven by her precious father. She was his favorite daughter, so I imagine they are each delighted that their earthly sojourn is over and they will be eternally in each other's company.

Dad was the most gentle, caring, unassuming, praying, kind man who ever walked the earth. I am proud to bear his name - now as a reminder of his earthly love for me and as a banner under which to change my life to imitate his.

I love you Bobbie. I love you Daddy. Our homestead is in heaven now. We stragglers have a few more pages in our books of earthly life, and if we live them as well and you two did, we will be joining you in our family's heavenly home.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Brutus
I am very sorry Jeanne. My thoughts are with you.
Gretta's Mom
Thank you ever so much, Sonya. Someday, when we all get to the Perfect World, I want to meet your beautiful Brutus and spend a whole day petting him, OK?

Jeanne (Gretta and Rufus's mom)
Gretta's Mom
Hi Trevor's mom

I know you are having the happiest days in the Perfect World with daddy and Trevor and all your beloved cocker spaniels and birds and all the animals you loved so much through Lightning Strike. I've been walking Kelly and Dreamer for about a mile a day, and wonder of wonders, Kelly has 90% mastered the art of walking with a soft leash. Dreamer seems not to have learned the concept of an "instruction" and I know he would get it quickly if I were to walk him alone, but then he's so sweet and cute that he'll probably get through his life never having to learn to "mind."

Thank you for letting me take care of these two beautiful dogs. They have been such a comfort to me as, speaking from the earthly perspective, you are gone and now daddy is gone, too. I feel like an orphan. Please put in a good word for me with the Good Shepherd and tell Him I'm doing my best to honor both of your memories. One of the two hardest things I have ever done is the thing I did to honor daddy's memory. You know and he knows what it is. Please tell him that that was a gift I tried to gave him - right or wrong.

I love you Trevor's mom. Someday we will all be reunited in the perfect World. I can't wait.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Gretta's Mom
Good morning Trevor's mom,

I know it is not possible to "spoil" heaven for anyone since it is the Perfect World. As expected, someone we know and do not love is continuing her cruelty and greed. If anything it's accelerated. You can see everything from the perfect World and know the consequences which will eventually accrue for such despicable actions. Could I ask you a favor, Baby Sister? Could you put in a little good word for me with the Good Shepherd and ask Him to soothe my mind a little bit, since I'm becoming kind of a wreck over your departure for the Perfect World and then Daddy's and then you-know-who's land speed record to run around and snarf up all the money she possibly can from his estate. I'm sure the Good Shepherd will remind you that the prince of this world is His sworn enemy and that this enemy cannot possibly win against the All-Powerful creator - but he sure can cause plenty of heartache and tears. I'm going to visit Linda B, your old friend, to try to get some help. She was a doll to accept me as a patient. I'm almost all moved in to my lower Charles Village aerie - 38 stairs to go up just two floors - tooo small to get a couch or a loveseat up there so I'm using you guys' old futon as a couch (sans frame. Gather your and my dogs and other animal friends and look down on the place and then roll on the ground with laughter. The investment manager who takes care of the owners property is a mean man - Stan told me these kinds of people were called Baltimorons! what a perfect name. Have a perfect time with daddy and all your animal friends today in the Perfect World.

I love you Little Sister.

Rufus and Gretta's mom
Gretta's Mom
Good morning Trevor's mom

I know you are having a wonderful day in the Perfect World, because every day in the Perfect World is a wonderful day - full or everything I wanted for you: happiness, lightness, joy, beauty, good food, cool water, sunshine and shade - and dogs, dogs, dogs - and all those other wonderful animals that you met here on LS. Don't you just LOVE Baby Marius? And Georgie-Porgie, the Old English Sheepdog? And having daddy with you must be, well, heaven. Please tell him I love him and miss him SOOOOO much. Somehow I see him in my mind's eye sitting in comfortable red flannel PJ's , drinking a cup of coffee (you don't have to worry about things being "bad for you" in heaven, talking up a storm and sometimes wandering over to the Irish section and calling together the old softball team for some reminiscing about the old days.

I love both of you so much and I miss both of you so much. You know how when you're alone, how you cry in secret cuz you don't want to upset people. That's me.

Please keep Trevor-Forever forever by your side (like I have to ask you to do that!) and I will try to do my best down here so I can be sure to join you guys up there in the Perfect World. As the old song goes, "When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing it will be."

With all my heart and all my love,

Rufus and Gretta's mom
Gretta's Mom
Hi dearest sister of all times,

You're in heaven now so you know how much I miss you each and every day. I don't drive on Glydon Avenue now, I go on Bond avenue instead so I can pass by your physical resting place and say hi to you and daddy.

Your chair is empty now but the tray table is still upended on it to keep Kelly off. And you blue prayer shawl is still on the back. It's only YOU who aren't there. I look at the picture with you holding an infant and you have that smile on your face that is one of pure contentment.

Since the dogs are not on the exact same schedule every day because I come and go, they are reverting to pooping and peeing in the house. I feel sorry for them - they have been through so much loss and now I, to whom they have gotten so attached, and who I'm sure they thought would live here forever, am in the irregular come-and-go mode. But I do the best I can because I love them like I love you.

If you could, please send me a thought about what heaven is like and how you and daddy and all the dogs are living. There will be a great big beautiful rottweiler coming to heaven today. His name is Kal-El. He belonged to Shane Meyer, someone I met on Lightning Strike. I started corresponding with him when he lost his previous dog, also a giant rottweiler. He had Kal-El about as long as I had Rufus and he loved him as much as a love Rufus. Unfortunately, Kal-El got cancer of something about six months ago. Shane put him on chemo and he was doing fine until about a week ago, when it was discovered that the cancer had spread to his bones. He stopped eating, lay down almost all the time and Shane decided that he would break his own heart once more so that great Big beautiful Kal-El could be out of pain and could be in the Perfect World. Could you round up our posse and go and meet Kal-El at heaven's door and give him a great big welcome? Tell him his dad loves and misses him so much he could lay down and die himself but he won't. Maybe all of you could join in a giant send-down of love rays to Kal-El's dad so he knows Kal-El is safe and sound and that they WILL one day be reunited. Maybe you guys could think of a signal Kal-El could send to his dad - like Mom sent me feathers and Trevor sent you butterflies and I think daddy is sending me pennies. Some time when Kal-El feels better (oops, he's in the PERFECT WORLD) ask him about the little turtles his dad raises. Our dad will LOVE Kal-El because he is so big and kind and gentle. And please ask the Good Shpeherd to send a blessing down on Shane in honor of all the love and care he gave to Kal-EL and to soothe his broken heart just a tiny bit. Stan told me that many years ago in comic books, Stan told me that many years ago in comic books, Superman's real name was Kal-El.

Little sister, your heart is a big as the universe when it comes to dogs. Please give Kal-El a great big hug from his dad and stroke his beautiful head and tell him he had the best dad in the world.

I love you, Little Sister

Hi Gretta!
Hi Rufus!
Gretta's Mom
Hello Little Sister,

A lot had happened since I last wrote to you on Lightning Strike. You know all about it
since you are in heaven and I'm sure you can see and hear everything that goes on down here. Your husband has been a real disappointment.
I know you love him a lot so I'm cutting him so slack and trying to do things for my OWN reasons, not only his.
I love your dogs so much that I am NOT going to give them up. If I did, they would have a sad life, being left all alone in the house.
It looks like he might have a full time job and if so they would have to be alone in the house all day. AGAIN.
Poor little guys!
Rest your mind, tough. I will NEVER let that happen to them - EVER!
Like is hard but if you keep your eye on what is honorable, decisions are a lot easier.
Please help me when my mind wants to revert to its old ways - revenge, anger, feeling injustice.
This world truly IS governed by the guy who calls himself its prince.
Thank you for the years we had together. They were a miracle. I love you so much and I miss you so much sometimes it feels like I will die of sadness.
But God has a job for me here on earth and obviously it's not done yet.
Thank you Baby Sister, thank you for YOU.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Gretta's Mom
Good morning, Little Sister,

I love you more than I love myself, sweetheart.
The only thing that keeps my heart from shattering into a million pieces is knowing you are in God's Home
Forever free of pain, free of fear, free from sickness, free from braces, free from silent agony.
In the land where we never grow old.
For this I am happy, happier and more thankful than for anything else on this earth.
In that land there is always sunshine and always cool shade to rest in.
In that land where you are reunited with everyone you love and play with every animal who loved on earth.
Oh, Little Sister, no matter how much I miss you or how many times I cry
I am truly even more happy that you are in Heaven and eternally happy.

Thank you and thank God for working the thing out with Stan's possible full time job.
And thank you for leaving two beautiful dogs to brighten my life.
I'll take care of them and love them for the rest of their lives - and then you can take over, OK?

I love you, Little Sister, Little Star. I'm beginning to find out which one you are.

Forever,

Your big sister

Gretta's Mom
Good morning Little Sister,

I love and miss you more than ever. I know you and daddy were watching the revival at church last night when the wonderful Bishop from Arkansas prayed over me. Somehow I ended up getting into the line twice. This preacher is SO good. I am as sad and as lonely and miss you two guys aw much as ever. But after Esau Watson's words and prayers my sorrow seems more first order now. I feel a little less stuck and paralyzed. I feel that there is some kind of like ahead of me, that God does have a plan for me. I will always carry this sadness and loneliness with me, undiminished. And even carrying it, I now feel a little stronger about the future.

I love you little sister. And now I don't wonder which star you are. You are ALL of them and more. Please give all our heavenly dogs sweet words of love and head pats and tummy rubs from their Auntie Jeannie.

Oh how I love and miss you,

Your Big Sister
Gretta's Mom
Good morning Little Sister

I lost this letter to you. I'm too sad to start it again right now. Just know that I love you and miss you and am trying my best to take care of your two sweet doggies.

Your big sister.
Gretta's Mom
Good afternoon, Little Sister

For some reason my heart is ever so sad today and my eyes are leaking badly. I miss you SOOOOOOOO much and I miss Daddy just as much. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't have a heart that feels like a stone and that sometimes I really do wish that you could come back healthy and happy. And think how happy the dogs would be? And Stan!!

My pastor is proving to be a huge disappointment l - doesn't give much of a fly's wing about me, although he was very happy about Trevor's dad coming to the recent revival.

I can't wait until I can get where you are - although the time of that journey is entirely up to the Lord.

I am SO thankful that He gave me the perfect sister and let me have 60 years with you. It just hurts to be separated from you.If you see the Good Shepherd today, would you ask Him for some comfort rays for me? Thank you Sweetheart.

Your forever Big Sister.
Gretta and Rufus's mom

Gretta's Mom
Dear Bobbie,

If I said it every second of every day, I could never even begin to tell you how much I miss you.
Here I am living in a red brick rowhouse in Charles Village, one of my so-called bucket items that we had planned to do after I retired an moved to Baltimore. But now I am doing it without you and it seems like anything but a dream.
Yesterday I went to a funeral at Reverend Gillard's church for a 30 year old woman who had grown up in his house - on of his wife's relatives.
Bobbie, it seemed like your funeral should have been.
Reverend Gillard preached and his sermon was "All She Had Was Love". And that describes you perfectly. Everybody at the KC Christmas dinner said how much they loved you because you were such a loving and vibrant person.
And then, at the recessional, guess what the song was? Yup, "I'll Fly Away", the song I was going to sing at your funeral but was sat own by the Aitkin-Jude combo. But God has a way of making a way - and you got your funeral and your song.
I love you Little Sister. And I know where your star is - it's all over the sky.
I'm trying to take good care of Dreamer and Kelly and they seem to love me as much as I love them. I got little harnesses for them (you had a red one so I bought a blue one for Dreamer after he escaped TWICE from the handy step-in one that doesn't need to go over his head.
The other day Kelly was mini-lunging and barking at someone while on a walk and when he got to the end of his leash, it tore right below the hand loop.
God bless you for putting your hand between him and the person so he didn't get to her and I could grab what was left of the leash and hobble home.
After a few bouts of bloody diarrhea, I finally have Stan trained only to give him SMALL and few bites of human food. He's eating a half cup of Kibble and 1/4 cup of canned I/D food and doing fine now. Of course on walks, I get a change to check progress by what comes out the other end! I'm a very special kind of old person - someone not concerned with their OWN bowels but with those of a DOG! If you were here, I could her=ar you laugh at that line. I hope you chuckled in heaven.
Bobbie, even though I miss you as though acid were flowing through my veins, I am SO happy you have escaped the pain and fear of your life and are now safe and perfect with the Good Shepherd in Heaven. And that all your dogs and birds and the precious animals you met on LS here with you. Did you hear that a few days ago the Pope told a little boy who was crying over the loss of his pet, that we WILL see our animals in heaven - something that we animal lovers have know forever. You ought to hear the Vatican trying to backpedal! They'd probably be able to beat Lance Armstrong in a backward bicycle race.
Trevor's dad and I are doing our best to live right although it's SOOOO hard without you. That you for your help, for watching over us and sending us rays of instruction from heaven. And please talk to the Good Shepherd and give him a millions thanks for us.
I love you more every day, Little Sister.
Gretta and Rufus's mom and Trevor, Dreamer and Kelly (I'm so proud to have earned his friendship - but I still don't think we're good enough friends for me to rinse our his ears!!)
Love forever and a day.
My Doxie and Me
My Dear Friend...< Words From Bobbie>

Tonight I am the one with fear and tears, Then I found your loving, gentle words that bring Mr. Trevor to the forefront of my thoughts. Thank you,
my friend! Without you I would be totally caught up in the Human world of rejection, manipulation and sorrow. YOU have given me a wonderful, wonderful
gift...............your words and your thoughts and your deep friendship which means more to me than anyone, but yourself, would understand;..

Oh how our companions, our dear animal companions, know exactly when to come to us and give us peace. And I am eternally grateful that, somehow, I was able
to bring you some peace and a voice to bring are friends to life again.
Click to view attachment
Mr. Trevor Jeanne was kind enough to allow me to see a simple reflection that craves your attention even if he has to wait until the silly human is done playing with
things that have know matter as I hold you in my eyes as I know how much you worry about me as when you walk out that door I sit and wait for my friend to come
home.. Mr. Trevor it's good to finally meet you my friend I have heard great story's about your floor being lined with puppy pads;) and I have been told that your picture
was never far from Bobbies heart when she was away from you.

Bobbie asked me a Question on Nov 10 2013

Hello, jenna and Friede's daddy!

I didn't know if this would be too personal and totally respect your decision, but if you don't really want to talk about friede on LS, I will
be glad to talk with you...

Dear Bobbie I can talk now.. Your kind words and care you have given to me when iam nothing more then a stranger every time we would
have conversation in my own Deep regret and saddened heart you always seem to make me smile..I miss you my Friend..

Friede is doing well she is 6 years old, one of the most kind acts I have every performed as her story will forever stay in my heart, As you and
your Sister have held my hand with your words I was able to adopt Friede, And now Misty a 2 year old Puppy mill Mommy Now you might
ask and let me stop you right there;.. I have a deep connection with my Car and had plans to add some more Thunder to the Sky's;)
Yet I put this on hold because what's most important to me is Free and I can no longer watch her sit beneath this Tree.
Click to view attachment
So I have filled out an Application at DNRA and my new friend will be coming home on the 23rd, I have to thank you and Jeanne for allowing me to speak
for your friends, as much as my friend speaks thru me...You have given a second chance as i sit to be with... for just a brief moment to say goodbye..
Click to view attachment

Forgive my words tonight Jeanne seems i'am in the past, Present and Future as these where private messages from Bobbie, I just had to show you how beautiful her heart
is as you already know this. Iam still learning from the little Catholic girl that writes with chalk..
Click to view attachment
Gretta's Mom
Dear Todd

Today is the worst day since Bobbie left the earth. Her husband and I had a big disagreement over his dealing with his grief by clinging like white on rice to the first woman who was nice to him and how terribly she was taking advantage of him. So he decided to hit me where it hurts worst - by hiring a dog sitter to take care of his (really Bobbie's) two darling dogs, Kelly-Belly and BeanBag (aka Dreamer) on the one day a week when he is working at the Jewish funeral home and those days and/or nights when he spends his time in the mansion where Ms Wonderful lives in a very wealthy fifth-ring suburb. Please send up a kind thought that he changes his mind, since these two dogs are all I have left in the world. I know you understand.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
My Doxie and Me
To my Friend Bobbie and Mr. Trevor

At the years end of 2014 I must pay my deepest respect to you and your loved ones. My days of sadness have lifted, My tears only fall
when I return to LS and I must say thank you to your kindness in helping me find Higher ground as my own tears where... Bobbie I
have great news and with your help in holding my hand I have followed my friends journey to this point in my life...
Click to view attachment
Let's just say Free will not be alone under the tree's;...

Long story short;) I'am fostering Misty she is a 2year old puppy mill mom from Kewanne IL she was rescued by DRNA
Lois Armstrong and her Husband took in..

Click to view attachment < Getchren>
Click to view attachment< Courtney>
Click to view attachment <Misty>

Bobbie you played a big roll in my endless years of tears, At times I was sure they where never ending... And I had to ask myself why, What have I done wrong...
I believe are friends say goodbye because they know we would never let go;....
Click to view attachment
In searching for answers and trying to mend a Broken wing... You reached out to a stranger as you lift my head to see the great beauty in everything around me
As you speak of your Mr. Trevor and your Sister with great memory and kind heart as we sit under a Willow Tree as you speak of the ones that you keep close
to your heart..
Click to view attachment
Jeanne you may have distance from your Sisters, Your sisters Love is the greatest gift and will always be for you to hold in your heart... So you might do great things with the gift
she has taught you, One comes to mind that I will always remember and the one that changed my life;) Thanks Jeanne..
Click to view attachment
My reflection of Mr. Rufus and my Friend Jeanne;) The day of.. To Honor Miss Gretta , If I may speak She would be proud of you.. I'am proud of you my friend you changed our life...

I have Donated to Alley Animals in behalf of Bobbie and Mr. Trevor I have just received a response and I thought to share with the people that have touched my heart when it was empty...

By Lillian G. Leslie <Alley Animals Rescue>
We hope you were blessed in 2014, Now, in this season
of giving thanks and counting blessings, we want you to
Know your support certainly blessed our work on the inner
city streets all year long. We give our thanks for every
one of you.

As I searched for thought or two to inspire you at this
time of year, I realized I should instead draw a line
under the fact that you inspire and energize our
Determination and are dedication to the work we do..
You are, indeed, the driving force behind our nightly
excursions into the dangerous neighborhoods and
hundreds of alleys where homeless friends hide.

The faces of innocents enduring what no one should endure
light the flame in are hearts, As you make it possible for
us to do what we do...
Unfortunately, this year was no different than those past;
Suffering outweighed are many victories we where able to
accomplish, However, any inroad we can make toward
lessening their pain remains our focus. We push ahead
because of the good we might do, the relief we might
bring to a worthy soul who would otherwise know only
greater and greater suffering, Are victories may be small...

<This touched my heart the most as there is a great deal more>

We ask you to offer what you can in support of are nightly journey
into their world that we might do everything possible to bring them
a blessing of relief. Such blessings of the Homeless and Hurting
joins you to them and to are work as surely as it brings us a
thankfulness for which there is no equal...

Jeanne I know why Bobbie took to this shelter and I thank you for speaking in there behalf in doing so
they have reached my heart in the many friends they save and bring so much joy to there new family's
as they only need a chance; and when the time comes for them to speak it fills are hearts and makes us human again...

So much for the short story;.. Bobbie your Kind act with your friends has touched the hearts of many and in doing so you have
started a chain-effect of kindness from your Dear friend Mr. Trevor to your heart felt stories of your Sister you have changed
the life's of many, and the ones most important, and the ones most in need...
Click to view attachment

Jeanne I can see why Bobbie was attached to this Rescue group Exceptional people Helping the lost souls without a home, so few people
to try and save the world...
Click to view attachment
Well Done Alley Animals...

My friend Bobbie you have saddened my heart in your passing and i had one more thing to tell you... I'am so grateful that we walked the same path in life
as it may have been short, it was like walking home with my best friend on the last day of school;..
Click to view attachment
<In Loving Memory of my Friend Bobbie>
Gretta's Mom
Dearest Little Sister

Every time I think my heart is getting a little better and my back is sitting up a little straighter, I think about you and your not being here with me and the tears start all over again.

I know that is a selfish thought because here on earth you endured so much suffering and now you are completely perfect in every way and living in a world where every creature is perfect too.

I know better than to wish that very common wish "just one more time" because all that would do is bring bad the sadness twice as bad when the "one more time" was over.

I am trying my best to honor your memory. The best way I am doing this is loving Dreamer (whose current name has evolved to "Beanie") and Kelly, who has blossomed into the dog you always knew he could be. He's still a full time mischief maker, but if you look into his eyes, you can tell he feels loved and secure. And that's what counts. He's gone all the way from biting me for trying to extract a bottle cap from his mouth to prevent him from choking to not batting an eyelash when I lifted him onto the loveseat last night. (We put some "duck cotton" slip covers on the sofa and love seat and that fabric doesn't have any foot holds for him so sometimes he can't jump up all the way.) He does a "land shark" by turning over on his side and then I slip my hand under his side and he s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s and arches his head back. I am truly happy to have earned his friendship.

I look around here and everything says your name. Stan buys the dogs stuffed animals which they ruin in one or two days and I see that there are about eight patient in the animal hospital. I try to fix them as best I can with dental floss but they still don't last too long. Yes, your two beautiful cocker spaniels here one earth own me and my every move. Who could ask for better earthly owners?

I will never stop loving you, Baby Sister, and I will always try my best to be good - and even sometimes strong. OH - and even though I have two dog calendars already, I bought a beautiful calendar from a primate rescue organization with absolutely exquisite and heart-warming pictures of monkeys (and a lemur) from all over the world.

I could write forever and crash the site and still not finish telling you how much I love you and miss you. I got my OTP quarterly dividend check yesterday so I am going to order a dozen roses from that silk flower supplier in New York and put them by the body you shed before you flew away to God's heaven.

Everybody's mother or auntie.
Gretta's Mom
Good morning, my dearest Bobbie

This is the coldest, windiest, snowiest day I've ever seen in Baltimore. And the spirit of goodness has been wearing off on Mark. This morning he snowblew ALL of our sidewalks. I don't know his phone number but I am going to go over there and thank him personally. It's BRUTAL outside.

There is so much happening and all of it is sad so I won't remind you of it by writing about it. The two points of bright lights are you two beautiful, warm, waggy-tailed doggies. Dreamer lives up to his name every minute of every day. If it weren't for Dreamboat I would be at Shepherd-Pratt for sure. Kelly is my big buddy now and he reminds me every day how kindness, patience and love can overcome even the most broken and sealed off heart. Right now the two of them are sleeping, one on the sofa and one on the loveseat - the very picture of contentment. (Even though Kelly did keep me up until 3:30 AM with his wanting to go outside (mostly to eat snow). Of course to limit the snow eating, I had to trot along side him in the worst weather possible.

My best friend and sister, there is so much I want to say to you, but just cannot bring myself to write it, especially here on a public forum. But you are in heaven with all of your dogs and birds and people, so you know more about it than I do. Just know that I consider myself the most blessed person on earth for having had you for a sister for six decades. I look forward to being together with you and daddy and all our dogs and all the people we knew, whether in person or via Lightning-Strike.

I love every star because it might be you.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Gretta's Mom
Dearest Trevor's mom, the most perfect and beautiful sister who ever lived.

It's finally getting to be spring in Baltimore. But it is not spring in my heart. Every time I think of your mom, My eyes drip tears and my heart clumps together in sadness. Trevor's mom, you took the better half of my heart with you when you left this earth. Gretta took a piece, Rufus took a piece. Daddy took a big piece too. So I'm operating on just 20% cardiac volume right now.

Today I think I will be able to take your brothers on a walk, but Kelly is already growling to go out so I have to end this letter and let him gp.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXO

Auntie Jeannie
Gretta's Mom
Aww, Trevor, little Trevor-Forever,

I miss you and I miss your mom more than I can ever say. You know I came to live in this town because long ago, even before you were born, your mom and I made plans that when I was finished working, I would move here and we would spend our old age together. God didn't have that in His plans for us and your sweetest mother got sick and left this earth to join you and all your brothers and sister and cousins and friends in heaven.

Last night someone hit my car while it was parked in front of the big row house I live in in Baltimore. The back of it is totally smashed in and there is a piece of debris pushing up on one of the back tires so I can't even drive to your dad's house. Trevor, my sweetheart, beings with such beautiful hearts as yours shouldn't know this, but I know whose work this is. Go to the Good Shepherd and ask Him about it. And tell him and also your mom that I am not giving up to this evil being.

Later on your dad is coming to pick me up and give me a ride to his house so I can take care of your cousins Dreamer and Kelly tomorrow and try to arrnge everything that needs to be done to get my car fixed. Could you ask your mom to do me a favor, Baby Trevor? Could you ask her to round up all your friends and her friends and the dad and maybe even the mom and ask them to send a great big love ray down to me, please? If it has your love included in it, I know it will surely tough my heart and give me the strength I need to go on.

I love you Trevor, Forever. I will love you Forever, just like your name says.

Auntie Jeannie
Gretta's Mom
Hello my dearest Bobbie

I am SO sorry that I have not written for so long. I most definitely have NOT forgotten you or Trevor. You are a saint now and you can see into my heart. You know that I cannot seem to crawl out of this slough of despond that I have been in for two years+. I hope you can forgive me for how much weight I have put on. I'm embarrassed to even go out in public now and can't seem to do anything about it. Please help me Bobbie. I need you and I miss you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

In tears,

Your sister (and Dreamer and Kelly's Auntie J)
Gretta's Mom

They say that this will be the hottest weekend of the year and I hope that's true because I am SWELTERING! And this month's BGE bill should be astronomical! I don't know how you did it, coming from Minnesota.

Did your dear friend Mrs O end up costing you a lot of money? She's befriended me and that's wonderful - and her husband Stan is a big doll - but she has "borrowed" a LOT of money from me for moving around and various fines etc connected with her two houses in Baltimore, moving to NC, then moving yo another house last Tuesday. I am going to have to cut her off because she's into me for what I take in these days in a MONTH!. Stan told me the other day that I was overly generous - which I could be when I was working and will be able to be when I decide to start taking money out of my 401(k) but I've got a couple of years (4 actually) before I have to start taking the mandatory withdrawals.

During the latest clean=out of her storage locker here, renting a big truck, paying for the gas AND for Ed something to drive it to NC and another young man (JT) whom I have to give another $20 to today since he wasn't happy with my giving all the money to ED b/c the mileage of the truck was so low. AND, I have to FIND the Goodwill that he works at up in Nottingham! And even harder will be finding the storage place where she has a few things that she wants to "give" to me when she "redecorates" my apartment.

Today I MUST call Barbara Holmes (Wendell's wife) just to say hi, since I haven't talked to he since the funeral on Saturday.

Last night I went to Bible School and a young man gave a wonderful "sermon" on how we were in God's recycling plant. He really did a good job.

I always carry my grief for you in my heart, and I always remind myself that you are now truly happy and out of pain and you have all your doggies (except the two I still have) and kitties and bunnies and other animals around you, also perfectly healthy and happy.

Thank you for sending the fireflies and butterflies to me. They always remind me that your spirit is near me. Say hi to Gretta and Rufus and tell them I miss them and that someday if I am extra good, I'll see you all again.

Your sister with tears in her eyes.
Gretta's Mom
Dear, dear Bobbie,

Once more tears are the heart of my life. Tears of loneliness. Tears of missing you. Tears of missing my two darling dogs, Gretta and Rufus. Tears of FRUSTRATION at your husband - who - from all indications - has again taken up with the witch lady we took so much time, tears and effort to get ride of. I don't know this for sure but Nuyen called me last night and said that she had come to his house and by 9:30 hadn't left yet. It's partly my fault because I asked Nuyen to call me if she saw the witch's car at your house. Of course I texted Stan twice and called him once but he never answered.

I am trying SO hard to put this into the hands of God and lean on Him to work it out. My new friend, Pinky Holmes, wife of Sherman Holmes, the last surviving member of the Holmes Brothers group, said "You can lead a fool to knowledge but you can't make him drink."

God is teaching me to put problems into His hands and LEAVE THEM THERE as the old song says. If it weren't for the dogs and the expense, I would move back to Minnesota.

I am so glad you are with Daddy in heaven. And with all the dogs you mothered, and all the other animals you loved and helped. And now, the beautiful lion Cecil has come to join the party. Please go meet him and pet his beautiful black mane and tell him how much I love him and how sorry I am that a stupid rich man thought he had the right to pay $50,000 to kill this beautiful animal. Humans are a sorry lot. No wonder we love animals so much.

Please ask the Good Shepherd to look down kindly on me. I am feeling the need for His help more each day.

I love you, Bobbie, and I will every day until we are together again.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Gretta and Rufus's Mom

P.S. Would you give each of them a head pat and tummy rub for me and tell them I love them more each day and that I am counting the days until I see them again.
Gretta's Mom

I love you, I love you, I love you! And daddy, too!

Today there is dumb news and good news. The dumb news is that your husband has drifted back into a relationship of sorts with the Dragon Lady from Frederick. I was surprised and saddened since I had put everything I could - counseling, coaching, advice, heartache, anger, everything I had for more than four months. I even had the locks changed because he couldn't remember" whether he'd given her a key! You know all about it because you had to deal with it for 23 years. Yet you still loved him and he showed his love for you by staying with you 24/7 through out all your illnesses, giving you strength and keeping away the monster of fear.

Bobbie, this time I was angry and disgusted for about an hour when traces of her started appearing around the house again. Then I decided it was not my problem this time. I taught him everything I know. I stayed up nights talking to him about people. You knew all about it. And I did it for you. I knew you loved him and that he was in great pain over your going to heaven and because I DO care for him. Somewhere inside at least part of his heart is good But to throw all this aside, and so soon, made me realize that the maxim "Fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice, shame on me" is so true. So I have decided not to interfere. But I will do anything, ANYTHING for Dreamer and Kelly. Them I WILL fight for like a mama badger. That's the dumb news.

The good news is that in about two hours I am going to get on a train and go to North Carolina and visit Olivia and Stan Bracey.I haven't seen them for four months, since they moved to North Carolina and it will be good to see them, especially Stan, whom I asked to be my Papa since my actual father was gone to live with Mom and you and God. He's such a gentle old grandpa. I love him. And you know Olivia - hyper champion of the world - an idea a minute. We're supposedly going to have a yard sale on Saturday! Look down on us and watch the two Stooges running around like maniacs, not knowing what to do or how to do it.

I love you, Bobbie, The hole in my heart will never be filled until I see you again in the Perfect World, Please ask the Good Shepherd to keep me safe and to drop down some calmness on the next five days and let me be a blessing to Olivia and Stan.

Dreamer and Kelly say hello and they miss you, too. Sometimes I can see it in their eyes.
Gotta to, gotta pack and run to Penn Station (drive, actually)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
My Doxie and Me
To my Friend....
Click to view attachment

Thank you for holding my hand...
Click to view attachment

Thank you for caring...
Click to view attachment

<Alley Animals News Letter In Loving Memory>
Click to view attachment
Jack Frost he was my youngest cat,13 1/2 years old..He was as sweet as could be...

Cheyenne our 11 year old mixed who died suddenly..She was a therapy dog..

Natasha A.K.A Good Girl...

Winnie, many years gone, but never forgotten , Forever in my Heart..

Smokey a wonderful loving cat...After sharing 7 wonderful years with are family....

In Honor Of..
Alley Animals workers. God Bless you all..
Jasmine, my beautiful Oriental short haired cat...

Fiona and Darcy my two (Canine) girls... When I take them out at Night before bed...I tell them how lucky they are and how much they are loved;...
Click to view attachment
Alley Animals what a beautiful group of Humans helping are friends I have just Donated in Behalf of my friend Bobbie and Mr.Trevor... I thought to share tonight;...

My Friend you may have left this earth..
As you have an everlasting effect on are...
Beautiful friends that Walk in are hearts at Night....
Click to view attachment
Gretta's Mom
Another beautiful set of pictures and words. Alley Animals will always be near and dear to my heart. It's about time to start collecting comforters for them for animals who are outside during the winter.

Todd, I am having a terrible time with my brother in law. During the 5 days I was gone to North Carolina, he again changed the locks on his house - this time against ME. We had a blow-up last Wednesday when I got home, which ended up with me taking all the pictures of my family and several framed pictures that Bobbie had made for my dad (and the sock monkey which I made for her and which he had never really liked) after he told me he had changed therapists - presumably because the former one was really good, made sense, and gave him a deadline for getting rid of the Witch Woman. This man KNEW the WHOLE story, especially since I went to a session and filled him in on some things. Later he commented to Stan that I had some pretty good insights. He had to go to a new therapist so he could start with a clean slate and fill him full of whatever and however Stan chose to tell him.. And I KNOW this was nowhere near the truth. Presumably Witch Woman was the one who FOUND this man and maybe even went with him to the session. Stan claimed that this doctor told him I was "toxic" to his health and to get out and not come back.

Todd, I cannot tell you how many tears I shed over never being able to see the dogs again. Stan can go to Sheol as far as I am concerned, but those dogs are my heart. I wrote Stan a poison pen letter about how much I had helped them financially over the years (even I was amazed at the amount 42K) and asked him if he thought I was "toxic" then. Then I went home and cried for three solid days. It was wrong on my part to send that letter so I texted him and apologized (mostly so I could get to see the dogs). Now I can go over there on days he is working ( he leaves the door unlocked) and let the dogs out, play with them and just tell them how much they are loved. They literally saved my sanity during the time Bobbie was sick and then died. And afterward, too. I truly don't know how I would have made it if they hadn't been there.

I really don't want to move out of the place I'm in: I love the old building, I like the neighborhood, I can afford the rent, and moving takes A LOT of energy that I don't have - not to mention it's expensive! But I will do it in the hopes that I can see the dogs, have them come over and visit me, and eventually come to live with me when Stan becomes unable to care for a dog - which he has written in an agreement.

Right now I feel like a dog in the streets with nowhere to go.

Thank you for always understanding and always lifting my heart with the beautiful and touching pictures you find and the words of you beautiful poems. YOU have saved my sanity, too.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Gretta and Rufus's mom (still haven't located a loadable picture of Rufus.
Gretta's Mom
Bobbie

Please forgive your husband for acting like a terrible fool. Please put in a good word for me with the Good Shepherd. And please help me send all the love I can to beautiful Dreamer and sweet Kelly - from a distance. If your love can get there all the way from heaven, surely mine can get to them from just across town.

I love you forever and a day.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Gretta's Mom
Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, Little Sister! I love you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.