Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Loving Memory
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
DLL
It is a year later since my cat, my boy Anatole, died.

I wrote about it previously in the grief and support section (http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6602&st=0&p=71129&#entry71129). It seems like it's time to put something in the memorial section of this forum.

He was a good cat.
He was affectionate and very intelligent.
He was the largest of our three cats, and was very agile, fast, and proud.
He found in me someone who had not even wanted to get cats in the first place, and in spite of that he and I developed a deep bond and a special trust.
For seven years he would welcome me home, and when I woke up I always found him sleeping next to or on me.
He guarded our youngest cat Felix when Felix was a kitten, and even when Felix was an adult Anatole continued to go everywhere with him and act as his protector.
While he was typically scared of strangers, he loved us.

I still feel troubled about unanswered questions about what happened to him and perhaps I always will.
I still feel mixed feelings sometimes about making the final decision about consenting to the lethal injection. I know it was for the best, perhaps the only humane and loving choice, but without a human voice I can only look to how he acted in that last day and hope and trust that he knew we didn't want to lose him.
He gave me his familiar 'Hey Dad' loving look in his last moments.
I stayed with him, and I held him as he died.

He was my boy and I was very proud of him.
I loved him.

Anatole
Born: ~, early 2004
Died: September 2nd, 2011

I miss you, Anatole!
Bobbie
Dear DLL,

I do remember when you posted about Anatole. His name is just so terrific for a cat, especially him!

I am so sorry that you have to live through the Anniversaries that will come. The first seems the hardest.

But remember that, all of Anatole's friends in the Perfect World are with him all the time as are every one of his memories of YOU!

You were a great dad! You still are.

My continued sympathy,

Bobbie
Trevor's mom
moon_beam
Hi, DLL, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and your loving tribute to your beloved Anatole. He truly is a proud spirit, and from the expression in his eyes he knows he is loved.

The physical separation from our beloved companions is always the hardest on those who are must continue on their earthly journey knowing that a very integral part of our lives and hearts is no longer physically with us. Although our beloved companions who are with the angels also miss us, they are shielded from the deep sorrow because they are now in eternal joy, and they have the freedom from sorrow, grief, and pain. They continue to share our earthly journey just as they always have with patience for our appropriate time to join them in eternal joy.

Out of all the millions of people on this planet you were selected to be Anatole's Forever Dad - - to be honored with sharing his earthly journey and holding the treasure of his sweet Living Spirit in your heart and memories.

I hope today is treating you kindly, DLL. Thank you again so much for sharing your beloved Anatole with us. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DLL
Thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.