Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Love You, Gretta
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Gretta's Mom
Hi Baby G

Here we are in our new house. There will never be enough tributes for you, you miracle dog. Please sniff around the neighborhood and find all our friends. I just know they've been waiting for us. Let me know if you can't find someone and I'll send a message to his or her mom or dad. Take a nap and let's settle into our new house ..... this one will last until we DO meet again.

I love you, Baby G

Your Mom
Bobbie
Hi Gretta!!!

Welcome to your new home!!! It's definitely not as busy here, but the words are ever more precious. We pay tribute to you and your many talents at loving and understanding the human population (or should I say tolerating?).

We just have to tell LoveMyMickey that you are here now, too. She posts a lot on Mickey's original site, which is fine because your mommy can always check over there and Bejamin is there, too!

I'm going to go tell all our friends that you're here! Talk to you later!

Trevor and the mom wub.gif wub.gif
LoveMyMickey
Hey Miss Gretta, wub.gif

I also welcome you and your mommy to the Tribute forum. Since I already have a tribute here to my babies, I will still talk to Mickey in the support forum.

I will be back later because I have something to find for Trevor and his mommy.

I LOVE YOU GRETTA and your MOMMY!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Auntie LoveMyMickey
Gretta's Mom
Hi Aunt Bobbie and Aunt "Mickey"

I'm so happy you found me over here. It just seems like the right place to be - especially since you two are here. Doxie and find us, too and we'll be the same old Musket-dogs we always have been.

Gretta

Hello Babyface

See, our friends found our new house right away. Friends always find you, even when they don't know they're looking for you. Gretta, my sspirit dog, would you do mommie a huge favor? (I know you will.) You made it to the Perfect World. What was the trip like? I think I know something about the destination and I know what the trip looked liked from t his side (something every single person here knows only too well) What did it look like from the traveler's point of view? The reason I'm asking ... well ... you know what it is. Could you do me another one, too, please? Would you make an appointment with the Big Father, please, and ask Him to help your mom with something? He knows everything, so He'll know what you mean.

Thank you so much for choosing me as your spirit-mom. We'll make it and be together.

I love you Gretta-Girl.

Mommie (and little brother)
Gretta's Mom
Oh thank you SOOOOOOOOO much, My Doxie. Your poetry goes straight to the deepest depths of my heart. I do kneel and weep for a friend, two friends actually - Gretta and Bobbie. And of course two more - you and Love My Mickey - who do so much for the first two. I'll try to view the You Tube vdo later today.

Eternal thanks to you, our heart-knowing poet. Rest and strength to you in your grief journey as well.

Gretta's mom
Gretta's Mom
Dear Gretta baby

Bobbie's cousin Mark gave us some tremendous words today and I need your help in acting on them - because this is what you did for me every day we shared on earth and are keeping on doing from the perfect World. "Let's all do our parts to make today a good day." You do your part just by being.

I love you sweetie.

Your Mom
Bobbie
Hi Sweetie Pie!!!!

Just stopping by to remind you how much your mom and ME LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you! foreverand ever and ever, etc!

Have a super duper day with all your friends!

I LOVE YOU. GRETTA! wub.gif
XOAuntie BobbieXO
LoveMyMickey
Hello Sweet Gretta,

I know you, Rufus, and your Mommy need a butterfly hug too.....I LOVE YOU ALL!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

XOXOXO Auntie LoveMyMickey XOXOXO

Gretta's Mom
Oh thank you SO much Love mY Mickey. I don't know where you find these beautiful, always-on-the-mark pictures or (even more difficult) up load them to LS, but they are SOOOOO greatly appreciated and helpful. And all the while YOU are going through so much heartache yourself - you are a living saint, my friend.

[size="5"][/size]
[font="Impact"][/font]
Gretta

MOM NEEDS HELP! THANK YOU MY BABY!
Gretta's Mom
Hi Baby-Doll

Thank you for asking the Big Father to send blessings Aunt Bobbie's way. There's a long road ahead, but we can do it with His help - and the love of our human and animal packs.

Have a nice warm day, Babyface.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Your mom and little brother
Gretta's Mom
HI again, babyface

It looks like it's just you anad me here for a while but we KNOW that's not true - look at how many animals you have in your heavenly pack and how many people have yellow bracelets on their writsts and love in their hearts for Trevor's mom. Please send a couple of strength rays to your mom today and tomorrow. We're going to see the dad.

Love always and forever,

Your mom
LoveMyMickey
Hi Sweet Mommy,

Auntie LoveMyMickey helped me find some Strength Rays for you. I hope they help you to feel strong.....I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

XOXOXO Your Babyface Girl, Gretta XOXOXO

Gretta's Mom
Oh Gretta, you asked the one an only person, Love My Mickey, who could help you find a picture that went right to Mommie's heart. Thank you, my sweet babyface. Never forget that you have a mommie (and a little brother) on earth who will NEVER EVER stop loving you. Go see Trevor and encourage him in sending strength rays to his mommie (your Auntie Bobby) cuz she's going through some very hard times. Ok, baby?

Dogs are miracles, and our one- and - only spirits dogs are one-and-only special miracles.

Thank you for looking for me, finding me, and choosing me.

Your mommie who loves you.

XOXO Mommie and Little Brother
Gretta's Mom
Hi Babyface

Mommie's heart is full of tears and fears for you aunt Bobbie this morning. Your cousin Trevor is her spirit-dog and came to her at exactly the right time in her life. Please round up the pack and think some good thoughts about her today.

Your little brother Rufus has claimed the loveseat so mom's going to sleep on the dog bed this morning - she has a little headache today.

Gretta, I love and miss you and am back relying on you for strength and love - just like while we were living together here on earth.

Please say hi to Mickey and his cousins and all the doggies and kitties and bunnies (like Hermie) and all our other friends up there.

How I wish I could stroke your velvet ears, Babyface. I'll do it in my memory.

Love you always, my dear Gretta the Great.
LoveMyMickey
Dear Sweet Mommy,

All the animals here in Heaven are praying big prayers for Aunt Bobbie. Mommy, I know you need them too, so you will have big prayers too, also for all your family.............Say hello to my brother Rufus for me and to be good to our mommy....I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Your Sweet Girl, Gretta....

LoveMyMickey
My Dear Mommy,

I heard through the angel-vine that certain people and furbabies miss you around here. They hope you and Rufus are okay.....I LOVE YOU, MOMMY! wub.gif

Your Cute and Loving Daughter, Gretta..... wub.gif
Gretta's Mom
Thank you Gretta the Great - and Love My Mickey, too. Your brother is enjoying himself back on the farm where he was fostered and can run around free and play with his friends and get the love of his first mom and dad. But when I get back, he'll come back. Wish mommy and Anut Bpbbie well - tomorrow we're going back to that hospital for her to get that very very strong medicine in her veins.

I love you.

Your mom
LoveMyMickey
Dear Gretta and Gretta's Mom,

Mickey and I and all the Spirit Animals are saying prayers for Aunt Bobbie. We hope that ole strong medicine helps her get well and won't make her so sick.

We love you all! wub.gif

Auntie LoveMyMickey
Gretta's Mom
Oh thank you SO much, Love My Mickey.
Bobbie did go for chemo yesterday. They gave her some extra anti-nausea medicine by IV and a $240 each pill to take the mornings of day 2 and day 3 after chemo. She's been sleeping all day and drinking juice, eating a little chicken noodle soup and just now ate a bread and butter sandwich. I'm hoping for a good night and then an early morning return trip to Hopkins for a cehk-up and possible rehydration and remedication.

Thank you for sticking with us during this awful time. All we have is our family and friends (YOU at the top) and God.

Only He knows what the outcome will be. The rest us of must keep praying with belife and confidence.

Thank you again a million times, Love My Mickey. You are truly a living saint.

Jeanne B (Gretta and rufus's mom)
LoveMyMickey
Thank you, Jeanne for letting us know how Bobbie is doing. I hope the extra anti-nausea medicine helps. You're right, only the Good Lord knows what the outcome will be, but I pray for her many times each day.

When Bobbie feels like it, would you tell her I finally found just the right butterfly stakes for Mickey's gravesite. They have little springs in the wings and they move in the wind. I went on and ordered them today and when I get them set up I will send her a picture in an email.

Tell Bobbie I said "hello" and that she is in our thoughts and prayers....Jeanne, you are a wonderful sister for the care and encouragement you are giving your sister.

Hi Gretta.....You can look down on the little butterflies too, with Trevor and Mickey.

Love to You ALL!!! wub.gif

LoveMyMickey
Bobbie
Hello Ms. Gretta!!

Don't tell anyone, but your mommy is working way too hard right now. I won't tell you what she is cleaning now (NO, it's not the oven. That's only been cleaned once in 25 years! for real). But if she treated you any way that she's treating me, you had it made!!!!!

I hope you have a fun, fun day playing, running, jumping and eating lots of treats!

I LOVE YOU, MISS GRETTA!!! wub.gif
XOAuntie BobbieXO
Gretta's Mom
Hi my sweetest babyface

I'm sorry I haven't written a letter to you for such a long time. I know you can see right into and through my heart and so you know how much I love and miss you and how much I have been counting on you to help me through some very very dark days. You are the kindest dog who ever lived. Thank you for giving me all that kindness every day - even now. And thank you for sending some to Bobbie and Love My Mickey and Shane - especailly Bobbie cuz she really needs it so much now. If you're not already there, go over and nuzzle Trevor and let him know that you know how much his heart is aching and yet how much love he's sending to dear Bobbie - his other half.

On Baby, just one stroke of your velvet ears would give me enough strength to last a month. I know I'll be able to do that some day. Meanwhile your picture and your memories and your pillow give me what I need to get by day by day and still have s ome left over to try to help Bobbie and Stan.

I love you, my sweetheart - with everything I have.

Goodnight, my darling. Rest peacefully and give some of your wise, kind and patient help to newer and younger doggies and all pets up there so they can help their momies and daddies down here.

I can't say it enough times - I LOVE YOU GRETTA!

Your mommie
Gretta's Mom
Hi my love of all time

You know my heart and mind and soul so you know how much I need your love and strength and courage right now. Thank you fof coming into my life - for choosing me from all those other people at the adoption event to be your forever mom. Someday we'll meet again, my love. Always remember your forever mommie loves you, my Miss Velvet ears.And please tippoff Little Brother that I'm coming back to town next Saturday and will pick him up next SUnday. I hope he still remembers me and loves me - He's a dog, a lab like you, so I knwo he will.

Thank you my beautiful friend.

And I can fell your tongue wiping away the tear dripping down my cheek. I love you babyface.

Your forever mommie.
Gretta's Mom
HI Gretta

Mommie is a little sad today because after five wonderful weeks, she's going to have to leave Aunt Bobbie's house and go back home. It's a little lonely there without people around 24 hours a day and without the preaching of a wonderful pastor who first helped me when Aunt Bobbie was so sick many years before you were born. Just Little Brother and me (and your spirit, of course). This little three-some will have to (and WILL) make it - with our love for each other and with the help of God - whom I'm sure you see every day.

I love you, you little munchkin.

Mommie
Gretta's Mom
Hi Munchkin

I look around here at Aunt Bobbie's house and the whole house is full of pictures of doggies she has loved and who (all but Dreamer and Kelly2) are all up in heaven with you. IN just two more days "the dad" will be here and then just two days after that I'll be going home. Please let me lay my head on your beautiful neck and weep a few tears because I have to leave my little sister. And then give one of your very rare barks to let Little Brother Rufie and me that we'll be OK. That's what the Glorious Man says, right?

Love forever,

MOmmie
Gretta's Mom
HI Baby Gretta

Mom always has a heavy heart these days - for little sister, for myself, for missing you. Every once in a while maybe you could whistle that song "The sun is shining on me today, I found the answer, I learned to pray. for me. Some of the doggies up there with you bound to know it.

Thank you my sweet sweet heart.

Mommie and (soon)Rufie
Bobbie

HI MOMMY!!!

I HEAR YOU ARE COMING TO PICK ME UP AND TAKE ME BACK TO OUR HOME IN THE MORNING!!!!!! YAY!!!! I'VE MISSED YOU AND TRIED TO BE A GOOD BOY, BUT THINGS WILL BE MUCH BETTER NOW THAT YOU ARE HOME AND WE CAN PLAY AND PLAY AND PLAY SOME MORE!

I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!!!!!!!

Mr. Rufus
Gretta's Mom
Thank you so much, Bobbie and Trevor!
Gretta's Mom
Babyface - you're home! How confusing it must be to be shuttled around between your former home with a wonderful foster mother and lost of doggies to play with to your forever home (here) with just us two and PLENTY of walks around the neighborhood. Today has been a big change for both of us - and we've done the same thing: slept most of the day. It's so good to have you back, Rufie. Your foster mom obviously treated you well - looks like she gave you a bath and cut your nails and brushed you a lot. You're all "puffed up". I hope you still like it here - I love you. Let's take a couple of days to settle back in.

Welcome back Rufie.
My Doxie and Me
Summer winds Hold are hearts as falling leafs cover are friends Paw prints within are mind
Only to be seen in are dreams that carrie us through time...As summer winds end Fallen leafs
Bring Memories of friendship..As friendship falls by are side and we sing for a friend as if on a Branch..

Click to view attachment
As a Song bird sings within are Reach i hear a stroy of a friend that teaches...For a friend that gives her last breath as she whispers...
I hear heart felt words for a friend..I wish for a walk a tale that will tell me how Gretta Began i remember a poem long ago only the words i chose
where with pain as are love blinds us,Will you take us through a walk as Love holds us close as you look into your friends eyes;

When Summer leafs bring winds of fall that cover are friends Path..If we look close we can see the inprint of Life still Teaching and holding
are Hearts as we sing in the morning lights as we speak for are friends...We see true as Hearts filled with the ones that sit by are side as love
inprints Memories as we hold them close they speak without Words. We hold them...As Angels hold are Head and we kiss them good.....We fall into night
and tell a beautiful story that other wise might fade into time...To have a friend sit by are side so polite and quite as only a tail
will thump through the night as when we wake we see pure light that shines from a friends eyes as we Cook Meatballs for the ones
that lay by are side;..

With Angels Touch...
Click to view attachment
So to my friend and My thoughts please forgive me i still see a Angel that walks the long corridor to find a friend that has so much to...
With each passing only one stops to say i will....As you cook for a friend and say all will be right as you sleep without fear i hold you close
as no more Tears will fall and each word you speak will be heard for a cage will hold you no more... i hear you my friend for the love you
have givin me I give to others as i speaks for you and tell a storie for all to see my friend......

Water runs from a river that brings a single Fallen leaf of Summer...Colours of life float with waters that hold are Thoughts
A speacil Leaf Sings to all as this Leaf travels down stream as she passes life and friends colour starts to bring
life as this river brings a beautiful Leaf that sings as a frozen branch lays a Song bird that will sing in the winters
of the night so a friend might sleep without the grief that we hold and hide for others to listen to are heart
as are friends begin to depart;.. Heavenly father hold my friend as she takes her journey from this earth....

Poems at The Poetry Showcase

My heavenly father,I just want to thank you.
As the sunrise to proclaim the dawning of another day,
I lift my humble cry heavenward to thee.

My heavenly Father,I just want to thank you.
In spite of my many sins and numerous transgressions,
I must realize that i am blessed by you.
Through them, You taught me some valuable lessons.

My heavenly Father, I just want to thank you.
As the sunshine cascade down upon my awakening frame,
I just want to thank you, my heavenly Father,
One more day, I can rise to sing praises to my Beloved
The one lost at your Hand.

My heavenly Father, I just want to thank you.
I am divinely blessed to be in the land of the living.
I truly thank you,my heavenly Father.
I am blessed to be with my best friend

As she rest her head in my hands
i see Angel wings that catch the winds
that carrie the one that holds my last breath
When white light blinds us from are sight
we forgive as we wait for Father to hold are hand....

A single Leaf carries waters stream as Life brings us Hope as River carries
On Angels Wings as we take breath we lay are head in the running waters
as are faith holds us...As angels sing as they brush are feet we kiss are friends
as they pass through are Heart we believe as we....Forgive...

To my Friend Forgive me for my Thoughts

Click to view attachment
Gretta's Mom
How can I thank you enough My Doxie! Bobbie (Trevor's mom) needs something you wrote a while ago - hop over to her post and see what you can do, OK? Thanks so much.
My Doxie and Me
To my Friend Thank you in finding some comfort in my broken words or Tears as are thoughts carrie are Hearts...Your Care for Gretta has givin me
some common ground where i might reflect with some form of hope in this light you shine for a friend as my own tears form a reflection
in which i kneel infront of a window of life as i beg for forgivness within myself i see my own Pain that brings me whispers of thoughts of a friend...
The little white dog sits with Angels kiss as are friends wait to see the ones that care and speak for are fallen... as we hold there pain... they run free;
Click to view attachment

Each passing day with Morning shadows pass by my friends place i still stand in hopes to see my broken heart a familiar face
if you look close as the grass bends to light as bright white brings pain as this care for a friend so others will hold peace in their
Hearts as a simple reflection we can see each tear fall from are eyes as words go unspoken as we speak so others can chase the
Fallen leafs as we sit on a bench in a park at a special place when morning light warms are heart we close are eyes as we see an Angel
Sing as this little white dog has so much to say...

An old man sits at a bench after a friend has passed he see's nothing more then sorrow in this sorrow a friend sits within reach;..
Click to view attachment
Gretta's Mom
Beautiful, oh so beautiful, My Doxie. Thank you more than I can say. Someday I will write a poem, too. For now my heart is consoled by your beautiful words.

Jenna is truly behind them.

The little white dog - I cannot even think of him without tears falling from my eyes. Tears of sadness. Tears of loneliness. Tears of gladness to see him. Tears of happiness that I can pet his sliky fur. Tears of warmth that he lives and loves - me - and everybody who sees him.

Thank you so much My Doxie for giving so much of yourself to Bobbie and me at a time when you own heart is shattered. That is true love - the kind animals bring to our human word and once in a while a human - like you - learns how to do it.

My heart thanks yours.

Gretta's mom
Gretta's Mom
Hi Baby G

I can feel your soft sweet ears. I can see you with your head by the door, over on your back playing "who wants to be a wolf?" with me. Gretta, you are teh best dog in the universe. I miss your physical presence but I know you are in the Perfect World where your back does not give out on you and where you have a full body of beautiful soft fur. Little brother and i are getting along as best we can. He's sleeping upside down on the couch. Auntie Bobbie is very sick. Please asl the Big Man to make her well and let her live a long life with us here on earth. Eyes are always leaking, but with your help, the help of my friends here and especially with God's help I know your mom will make it. Thanks for choosing my, Babyface, and thanks for sending Little Brother to me.

Gotta go for now.

Have a heavenly day, precious dog.

Mommie
Gretta's Mom
Hi Babyface

Another day here on earth where, like you, we try to keep one foot moving in front of the other and get through it. Someday we'll be together. Please find Jenna and Yodi and while you guys are romping around, ask them to send a sign apiece to their dads. Ther daddies are SO sad and need a ray of sunshine from them. You are my sun shine, Babyface, and noe one can take that away. Please stay by my side during these next weeks and months. YOu know why.

I love you Baby.

Your mommie
Gretta's Mom
Gretta Baby

Would you please do mommie and Auntie Bobbie a huge favor? (I know you will smile.gif) Would you get ALL the animals you can (and then have them get all their friends, and their friends and their friends ..... until all the animals in the Perfect World are facing God and ask Him to see that Auntie Bobbie gets good news tomorrow?

Thank you Baby. You know how important this is.

I love you Gretta-girl.

Mommie
Gretta's Mom
Good morning Gretta-Girl

Thank you for organizing the animal army. I could hear your prayers in the wind all night last night. Thank you so much, you lover, you. I give you news as soon as i get it.

Your mommie
Gretta's Mom
BABY G!! It worked!! Auntie Bobbie got good news AND you guys got a new friend - COusin Mark. Run up to him and play wolf. He'll get it for sure. He's a great guy and you guys are lucky you can now have him for a for-real member of the pack.

Thanks beautiful.

Mommie
Gretta's Mom
Gretta

How can it be that in the midst of some good news (finally) yet another blow lands? Our Dreamboat has suddenly and mysteriously come down with heartworm aafter not having it for a year and after your mom having given him his medicine faithfully? What does God want from us? I guess he thinks we haven't given and given up enough. That we're still too connected to earthly stuff and not enough to heavenly stuff. Well, we're human and we want to live HERE and have our doggies live HERE with us and be WELL. We know that when we leave here we go to the Perfect World and we know that alll things there are good. But we know that with our heads - and we HOPE that with our hearts. Our human hearts believe what they see and touch and hear (and smell!). He's called on us too change our hearts by BELIEVING - and we're not very good at it.

Gretta, baby, please send down some rays of BELIEF and COURAGE to us. Your cousin Trevor knows all about courage and so do you, almost starving to death on the cold streets of Minnesota. We know how your story turned the corner: on the very day you were due to be executed, you cahrmed a kind lady's heart and although she only had permission to rescue one dog, she looked into your kind eyes and just couldn't leave without you. That's courage. That's belief. Thank you for showing me the way, Gretta girl. May mommie's heart learn your lessons fast - they are needed now.

I love you, Gretta-girl.

Your mommie
My Doxie and Me
Click to view attachment
Gretta's Mom
Hi baby-face. Mommie loves you and sometimes mixes up you and your brother's names! I miss one thing especially that you used to do - sit up on the couch at night and watch out the window for me to come home from work. Then wwhen I'd wave at you I could see you get down from the couch and I knew you'd be right there at the front door to meet me. Do you think your litte brother could learn to do that? His trick is to lie down on the couch with his head on one of the arms - UPSUDE DOWN with his feet sticking straight up in the air. Boys!!

Please send some light and strength and love down to Auntie Bobbie. She needs as much as we can gather up for her.

Thank you Gretta-girl.

Mommie loves you - more than ever.
Gretta's Mom
Hi Gretta baby

I hope you know that even if mommie doesn't write to you very often, I still love you more than anything!! I miss my little heart-piece. Thank you for coming to me in a dream the other night. Telling me that you and Rufus were really the same dog.

I love you, baby-face. Have some fun in heaven today. OK?

Mommie
LoveMyMickey
Hi Sweet Gretta,

Just stopping by to say I haven't forgotten you and I still love you too. That was a nice dream you gave your mommy.
I hope you, Trevor, Mickey and all the gang are being good, but of course everything is good in Heaven.

XOXO Auntie LoveMyMickey XOXO wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Gretta's Mom
Hi auntie Mickey

Thanks for sending me a message. Creatures likes us (you, me, Bobbie and all our beloved doggies and birdies) know each other in our hearts and feel each other's presence every minute of every day - then sometimes we get a letter - which is an extra blessing.

I hope things are well with you, Love My Mickey.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
LoveMyMickey
Hi Sweet Gretta, wub.gif

I want you to know I still love you. Take good care of your mommy too. We're all in this thing together and need to help each other.

Auntie LoveMyMickey

Gretta's Mom
HI gretta-baby

Yup - the three earthly musketeers are alive and well and fighting (not among ourselves) but for each other). We know we have an army of fur-musketeers up there in the perfect world fighting with and for us too.

i read a very touching book yesterday and had to lie down with Little Brother and rmind him how much I loved him and how much he meant to me - just like you. I know he knows that- I was really reminding myself. You two both have the softest, velvetiest big triangular ears. Just what's needed to wipe away tears. Thank God for bringing you two into my life. And for our FOUR earthly musketeers.

I love you babyface.

Your mommy
Gretta's Mom
Hi Gretta-girl

The day after tomorrow is Thansgiving Day here on earth. I want to tell you that you are one of the people I am most thankful for. Thank you for choosing me at that adoption event. I'll never forget your sweet face lying in my lap and your gentle paw on my leg saying, "Please take me home." I got it, Baby. And I did. And we had five good years together on earth here - and now you and all our doggie and kitty and bunny friends are waiting for us in the Perfect World. Did you know that there are two books out that say exactly what mommy has been trying to tell other people about animals and the perfect world.

And I'm so thankful you senet little brother Rufus to live with me. Someday we'll all be together again/

I love you, Gretta. You're the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived.

Your mommie wub.gif
LoveMyMickey
Hi Sweet Gretta, wub.gif

I want to wish you, your mommy, and Rufus a Happy Thanksgiving and I love you all.....Have fun with all your angel friends and don't chase the turkeys. smile.gif

XOXOXO Auntie LoveMyMickey XOXOXO
Gretta's Mom
Thanks for the picture - of Gretta chasing heavenly turkeys. And thank you for remembering us on Thanksgiving.

Gretta's mom
Gretta's Mom
Hi Beautiful Girl

Happy Thanksgiving (that's what day it is on earth here)! Auntie Mickey is sad today because it is her second Thanks giving without Mickey on earth - just like us. I'm sad, too, but every day I love and miss you and I tell everybody about the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. Yesterday I saw a picture of someone's dog who looked just like you. She used it as her little picture here like I use yours.

Thank you for choosing me as your earthly mom, Babyface. Thank you for showing me that kindness is something you ARE not something you DO. Kindness shines out from your beautiful eyes, Gretski. Thank you for always running or walking by my side. Thank you for sleeping beside me on your dog bed - the best that could be had. Thank you for standing on the couch in the evening so I could see your beautiful face in the window when I came home from work. Then I'd wave and I'd see you jump down so you could meet me at the door. Thank you for bringing me the missing piece of my heart. Thank you for forgiving me for all the mistakes I made - you were my first dog and you could see into our future to know all the times I didn't understand or put you through something uncomfortable or just plain nuts. Thank you for making my love for my baby sister even stronger than it was - as she taught me how to care for a dog properly.

Thank you for bringing me Auntie Mickey - whose poem explained to me that, even if I didn't realize you were sick unto death and then left you at the hospital on your last night on earth, it was OK. Her baurtiful poem still makes me cry. Thank you for MoonBeam who got me through this first year of not having you with me on earth. Thank you for my LS friends Shane-of-the-Gentle-Heart and Doxie, who writes the most incredible poetry. And thank you for sending me a "little" brother, Rufus, to live with me and teach me some more lessons. See him right now in his usual morning place - the couch. He really knows how to relax!! Did you see him the other day sleeping totally upside down - head hanging over the side of the couch and all four feet in the air?

I could go on and on - and will when we see each other again in the perfect world. For today, just one BIG THANK YOU, Babyface.

Your mom

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.