Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remembering Otis
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
Otis_Baby
Otis was always a special dog, he knew if you were down and needed someone there. If you was upset, there he'd be right at your feet, tongue hanging out, tail wagging madly and staring up at you with those big eyes. I loved it in the mornings when he would say hello as soon as you came downstairs. He had this way of looking at you with his big brown eyes and you'd be putty in his er.. 'paws'.

One time I took him for a walk and he slipped off of his lead, I chased him through the park calling for him to come back, but of course the naughty little rascal paid me no mind. It was only when he ran into some poor old man's legs that I finally managed to catch up with him!

I think of him every day and mourn the many more years we should have spent together. But his life was cruelly taken away by some stupid woman who was speeding and then drove off.

I will try not to remember that horrible time, instead I will remember the good times. The times he made me laugh, made me cry and was just there, a constant presence that I took for granted. I wish you were here Otis, I really do.

DannysMom
Otis's Mom: I'm so sorry that you lost Otis in such a tragic way. Thanks for sharing him with us here on LS. He sounds like such a sweetie. I hope that life is treating you kindly today.
moon_beam
Hi, Otis' Mom, please permit me to add my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Otis. Thank you so much for sharing your beloved Otis with us, and your loving tribute to the eternal love you and your beloved Otis share. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company. Losing a companion so tragically intensifies the grief. I know your beloved Otis wants you to remember him with a happy heart, and I hope and pray each day will bring you great comfort and joy in your treasured memories of your earthly journey together. The good news is that your beloved Otis' sweet Living Spirit continues to share your earthly journey - - for he is forever a heartbeat close to you.

Thank you again for sharing your beloved Otis with us. I hope today is treating you kindly. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Otis' Mom, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
xxForeverxx
Hi

The grief path really is a long and painful road. It is good that you can remember some of the great times you had with him though ad that he had a personality that really made him one very special dog. You saying he would run off and ignore your calls reminds me of when Chewy would come to my front door and meow to come in so I would open the door and say "come on then" and then he would run away again! Such a simple thing then.....which sometimes I found annoying.....but now I cherish that funny attitude he had.

I understand your feelings of anger as he was so cruelly taken when he did not need to be yet. I have those same feelings for whoever allowed their pet to attack my beloved Chewy. He would know though that he had the best possible life with you and what happened was very much out of your hands. He left knowing you loved him more than anything in the world and that he had given you something special to keep inside you too. It is so hard and I am not very good at words of comfort as sometimes I find myself saying things and thinking hang on but I don't feel like that yet so why would they? But the fact we can look back at good times is a slight step forward.

I hope you are feeling ok today.

xxForeverxx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.