Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > CyberShoulder Room
LeoTheLion
I'm wondering if I should call the animal shelter that I adopted my baby, Leo the Lion, from. He had epilepsy and passed away after having multiple seizures before going into cardiac arrest. I only ask this because when I adopted Leo the Lion he had three sisters there that were also adopted around the same time. I was wondering if I should call them to get a hold of the other owners to tell them to out watch for epilepsy in there dogs, just in case if it is in their genetics.

Any thoughts?

moon_beam
Hi, LeoTheLion, I think it would be wonderful if you called the shelter. You may not be able to contact Leo's sisters family directly, but you could ask the office staff to contact the adopting families to let them know what happened with Leo and to alert them that his sisters may also develop seizures and need treatment as well.

I hope today is being kind to you, LeoTheLion. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.