Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still Missing My Sweet Girl
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
Peggy's Human
It’s been
Six long months since you went away
Six long months since I’ve seen you play
It’s been
Six long months since since we cuddled in bed
Six long months since since I stroked your sweet head
It’s been
Six long months since I shared your joy
Six long months since I bought you a toy
It’s been
Six long months since your collar was worn
Six long months since my heart was torn
It’s been
Six long months since you moved on
Six long months since you’ve sung your song
It's been
Six long months since I soothed your fears
Six long months since days without tears
It’s been
Six long months since your body went still
Six long months since this void was filled
It’s been
Six long months since you left this life
Six long months since days without strife
It’s been
Six long months since your playful shove
Six long months since I lost my love

I still miss you as much as the first minute you left, my sweet Pegus. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. There will never be another like you and the world (my world, anyway) is a darker place for your absence. I'll love you forever.
leejaye
Dear Peggy's Human, Your poem tribute to your girl is absolutely beautiful, perfect. I don't think i took the opportunity before to thank you for your great kindness and compassion after i lost Mischief girl, I should have, you offered me such great comfort. I'm not sure if we ever entirely lose the ache our furry soul's absence leaves, there are days where I still cry because i'll never feel her beautiful fur under my hand again, or look into those eyes, but those souls are a part of us forever, linked to us in our memory and our now - all that they gave to us is still there, buried in our hearts and being, I hope the world is nice to you today, sending you huge hugs Leejaye
bubkins
QUOTE (Peggy's Human @ Aug 25 2011, 07:45 AM) *
It’s been
Six long months since you went away
Six long months since I’ve seen you play
It’s been
Six long months since since we cuddled in bed
Six long months since since I stroked your sweet head
It’s been
Six long months since I shared your joy
Six long months since I bought you a toy
It’s been
Six long months since your collar was worn
Six long months since my heart was torn
It’s been
Six long months since you moved on
Six long months since you’ve sung your song
It's been
Six long months since I soothed your fears
Six long months since days without tears
It’s been
Six long months since your body went still
Six long months since this void was filled
It’s been
Six long months since you left this life
Six long months since days without strife
It’s been
Six long months since your playful shove
Six long months since I lost my love

I still miss you as much as the first minute you left, my sweet Pegus. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. There will never be another like you and the world (my world, anyway) is a darker place for your absence. I'll love you forever.

bubkins
Dear Peggy's Mom,your poem is absolutely beautiful as is the photo of your beloved Peggy she has such a kind sweet face,the pain is so unbearable i know that,i am only 5 days into my nightmare and your are longer into your journey.I don't know if i even make any sense at the moment with what i say,but what i do want to say is that she is waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge and you will be together again,that much i know.Sending you my love.***x
Gretta's Mom
OH Peggy

What a wonderful poem to your Pegasus! Of course tears are falling as I think of you and the great, insightful, generous friend you have been to me during my own grief journey. Everything, EVERYTHING, you say in the poem is SO true. Even though we've welcomed new fur-kids into our lives, our hearts will never, EVER be the same. Something has gone with them and, though we love our newbies with all we have, a bit of light has gone out of our world for sure.All these people here must be right .... the road goes on forever ... until we're reunited in the Perfect World.

Thank you, my friend. Keep well and know that some of my tears are for you and Peg.

Gretta's mom
Cheryl83
Hi Peggy,

Thank you sooooo much for sharing that poem. It expresses perfectly the pain and emptiness that we're all experiencing. It brought tears to my eyes, but tears are good.

I hope you're doing okay today. Remember, we're all still right here with you, and always will be for as long as you need us.

Take care,
Cheryl x
LoveMyMickey
Dear Peggy.....That is such a beautiful and heartwarming poem you wrote to your Peggy. I remember your Peggy passing on my husband's birthday, 4 days after my Mickey.......A few nights ago I dreamed a golden dog was lying on it's back and I was giving it a belly rub. The next morning I was wondering why it wasn't a white dog. Maybe, just maybe, your Peggy was visiting?......

Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture and poem. My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend...God Bless...

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, Peggy, just stopping by to say hello and to thank you for sharing your and your beloved Peggy's six month angel-versary with us. Thank you for sharing your beautiful love poem to your beloved girl with us. Your precious Peggy is also remembering with a heart filled with love and devotion how well you cared for her during her earthly journey and how much she knows you love her. The physical absence is hard to adjust to, for sure, but I promise your beloved Peggy is forever a part of you - - she is always a heartbeat close to you.

I hope you will have a very peaceful evening, Peggy. Plesae know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you're doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Peggy's Human
Dear Leejaye, Bubkins, Gretta’s Mom, LoveMyMickey, Cheryl and MoonBeam,

Please forgive my blanket response, instead of replying individually to each of you. It’s after 4am and I have to be up at the crack of dawn to finish preparing for the storm. As they say, ‘a hurricane’s a-comin’!
Moonbeam, as I recall, you are on the southern-east coast so I hope you’re safe through the mess that has us all in its sights. I’m in Massachusetts and were I live, we’ll be east of the eye which means we’re gonna get the high winds with all that rain. Thank God I don’t live on Cape Cod (gee, that’s the first time I’ve ever said that! Usually I’m the one who wants to buy a house down there.). Anyway, I don’t want another day to go by without me thanking you and this seems to be the only way I can reach out to each of you and still get a little sleep.

Thank you all so much for your support, compassion, love and kind words. It’s been an incredibly busy summer with tons of things going on (mostly not good) and I have missed posting on this board. I want to thank each of you for the time you’ve taken to help me as I struggle through the loss of my little Peggy. I really think she was the ultimate love of my life. I miss her so much. Each of you has been a tremendous help and knowing you’re here somehow makes things more bearable when life gets too challenging. I thank you for your time and ability to offer comfort through a medium which can make it challenging to convey empathy. You are all wonderful and exceptional people with incredibly generous hearts and I am privileged to have met each of you. I wish peace and joy for each of you, you all deserve at least that much from this world.

Leejaye, I remember you and Mischief well and I am so happy that you have welcomed a new family member. I know you still miss your sweet Mischief but I have no doubt that she wholeheartedly approves of your latest addition. Mr, Purzival (sp?) is a true cutie so CONGRATS on the latest addition to your family! BTW - I am sure you ’thanked me’, which was not necessary at all! I don’t recall if you said those exact words but you certainly conveyed that emotion in our communications so please don’t apologize for anything. And if I helped in some very small way, I am thrilled to have returned a small portion of what has been offered to me on this board!

Bubkins, I know we’ve just ‘met’ but I have a feeling we’re going to get to know each other before too long. I am so very sorry for your loss and please know you’re in my thoughts and I’m hoping you are able to find some peace in the coming days. BTW - just to avoid any confusion I may cause with the different names I had/have for Peggy. Her ‘legal/registered name’ was Lady Pegasus and her nickname from the breeder who had her for her first 2 years was Peggy. She shared my name long before she or I even knew the other existed. I called her Peggy, Pegus and Pegasus (as well as Fatty-Fatty-Fatty and My pretty girl, which made her feel adored!).

Jeanne, I’ll e-mail you over the weekend, as long as I have power in the house (got a lot of trees so who knows what will happen if we get those high winds)!

LoveMyMickey, I am so sorry that you’re also at your 6 month angle-versary (thanks for that term, MoonBeam!). I had forgotten it was also your husband’s B-day and it’s a shame I now associate such a tragic event with a day that should be for a happy event. And I do wonder about your dream. I still tell Peggy ‘good-night Pegus, I love you’ every night. And I have suggested to her that she go to visit Mickey since I don’t think he’d be mean and try to bully her as other dogs often did. Maybe she popped in to say ‘hi’ to you and your husband when visiting Mickey? smile.gif

Cheryl, your beautiful poem killed me! LOL Last time we communicated you were taking finals. I hope you got through that without too much stress and achieved the grades you were hoping for! BTW - belated Happy Birthday!

Moonbeam, I hope you and your kitty (I’m so sorry, I know his name, it's on the edge of my brain but I'm totally blanking on it!! augh!!) are doing well and staying safe in this weather. Hopefully you won’t have any significant clean-up to worry about after the storm passes.

With love and heartfelt thanks,

Peggy
Gretta's Mom
Peggy

You KNOW I'm crying reading your lovely heartfelt poem to Lady Pegasus. I've saved it to a file I'm keeping of touching words and pictures from this site. Oh-oh, here comes Rufus-the-Radar-Dog. he was out cold until I sniffled JUST ONCE! Please take care of yourself and Mom-mom during this dastardly weather.

Gretta's and Rufus's mom
kaylasmom
Hi Peggy,
Another friend who wants to thank you for your kindness when I first joined this site. Yours were the first responses that I received after Kay left me and you (along with others) helped immensely.

I'm sorry to hear your summer has not been going well. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Shelby
moon_beam
Hi, Peggy, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you're doing. Noah and I are doing well. We are well inland to the west of Irene. All we received today were clouds and breezy conditions - - no rain. However, I have been checking on the radar periodically and it now looks like the New England states are receiving a royal lashing from this fierce storm. I pray that you and your mom will be safe through this night, and that you will be spared any damage to your home.

Actually, I borrowed the "angel-versary" from Cheryl who first shared it with me on my topics for Oslo and Abbygayle. It is a very special and appropriate title for our beloved companions, and every time I use it I thank Cheryl in my heart for her comforitng insight, and try to share the comfort and encouragement I have been so blessed to receive.

I am so sorry that this summer has not been a pleasant one for you. Please know that we are here for you to share whatever is in your heart and on your mind - - only as you feel comfortable sharing. I hope things are beginning to settle down and improve for you.

Peggy, thank you again so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and I hope you are not adversely affected by Irene's passing through your neighborhood. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to knowing how you're doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.