Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Year Today
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
John S
Today is the sad anniversary of the loss of my precious Nikita. They say time heals all wounds and I guess it's true to some extent. Life goes on and the grief subsides but the memories remain. The past few weeks Nik has been heavily on my mind as I looked back at the events of a year ago recalling each milestone as her condition rapidly deteriorated in those last weeks. The old feelings of anger, guilt and despair returned, though not as severe as they were at the time, still painful. I realize I have been forever changed by the loss of Nikita; not only in a bad way. I now have and even deeper concern for the well being of all animals especially cats and look for ways to care for abandoned and strays whenever I can. I don't come on here much but I do check in from time to time. So many new members, so many new stories of heartache and loss. I truly wanted to address each and every new loss but I just didn't know what to say anymore; and at times it was just too painful and I found I had to take time away to heal. I wanted to share this with those who were here a year ago and helped me through what was probably the darkest time of my life and say thank you for being there. And to share with those who have come here since to say you are not alone, myself and the others here know the grief and pain of loss that you are feeling. As I move on into this next year perhaps it will be a new chapter in the process but I'll never forget my Nik and always wonder if I did the right things and made the right choices, the what if's. I'm so glad I had her for those thirteen years and will always miss her.
LoveMyMickey
Dear John....I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Nikita. The Angel-versaries are the hardest times to get through and also the holidays. My Mickey has been gone almost 4 months and I know his birthday and Christmas will be very hard. I still get tears every day. Some of his things are still in the same place.

I love all animals and try to help the ones I can. We put out good cat food on the carport for a couple of stray cats that come around. It started back in Jan. when we had so much ice and snow.

John, take care, and you are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you.

LoveMyMickey
Cheryl83
Hi John,

I remember yours and your Nikita's story so well. It's hard to believe it's been a year, isn't it? May 20th marked a year for me. I can relate to what you say about the 'lessons learned' and about how the loss has changed us. I truly believe it made us a stronger and better person though.

You're in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you well with the rest of your journey,

Take care,
Cheryl x
moon_beam
Hi, John, thank you so much for sharing with us your and Nikita's "angel-versary" with us. They are a two-sided coin - - on the one side they are a reminder that our beloved companion is no longer physically with us. On the other side they bring to mind all the beautiful memories we cherish in our hearts - - and a realization that our beloved companions are forever with us in our hearts and memories - - they are always a heartbeat close to us. As time progresses, John, I hope you will find the beautiful memories you share with your precious Nikita are more prevalent - - for she is sharing these same beautiful memories as she patiently waits for your appropriate time to join her in eternal joy.

John, I hope today is being kind to you, and each day hereafter. Thank you again so very much for sharing with us how you're doing. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that we are always here for you - - there are no "time limits" - - no "expiration dates" here.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.