Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prayers And Positive Thoughts For This Chihuahua, Please.
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
Walk Alone
I am in the process of ending a relationship. One of the hot topics was my significant other's minpin. The dog was very aggressive toward my furry family. After unsuccessful trials, it was obvious that the animals would not mix. Of course, the blame was placed on me. But, I was just not comfortable with the dog. I have to protect my little ones, so I followed my gut instinct.

The minpin ended up remaining in a home with a chihuahua and a small mixed breed, where he had lived for many years. The chihuahua is a retired therapy dog and the sweetest little thing in the world. I believe she is around twelve-years-old now.

The other day, my ex alerted me that the chihuahua was playing with the minpin, as she had hundreds of times in the past. The minpin suddenly ripped the chihuahua's eye from the socket.

While I am relieved that I could recognize this potential and was able to protect my babies, my heart is broken for this chihuahua. What a devastating injury for a senior dog - for ANY dog! I pray every night that this will heal fast and any infections will be avoided. I know that animals can overcome obstacles, and I hope the chihuahua can adjust to her new disability without too much difficulty.

Any prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated. This is such a tragedy.
Cheryl83
Awww, poor little baby, how sad. I will definately keep her in my thoughts and prayers in hope for a speedy recovery with as little complications as possible. Yes, you're right, animals do 'adapt' far quicker than us mere humans, so fingers crossed.

Cheryl x
moon_beam
Hi, Walk Alone, just adding my thoughts and prayers to Cheryl's for this precious little furchild to have a speedy and uneventful recovery from this traumatic injury. Thank you so much for sharing with us what happened, and for your loving, comforting presence in this little companion's life. Please let us know how things go.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Peggy's Human
Dear Walk Alone,

What a horrible tragedy. The poor little Chihuahua, what a terrible thing for him to have to deal with. I know you said they played together for years but I've been around animals enough to know that you can usually see signs that something like this is possible. Thank God you saw the signs and did what you had to in order to protect your furry family. It sounds like the minpin's owner was too arrogant and ego driven to recognize that his dog had the potential to do something like this. It's so sad that others always have to pay the price for an owner’s inability to recognize and control or redirect those kinds of tendencies in their dogs. I have owned a couple of dogs who had that same potential but I made sure they were trained and I never allowed them to be in a position where they could hurt another animal. Please know that this sweet little dog will be in my prayers and I pray he recovers quickly and experiences no complications.

Take care,

Peggy
Bobbie
Dear Walk Alone,

I, too, am so sad that this lovely, little Chihuahua had to be cruelly mauled and hurt like this. Believe me, she is right now in my prayers and will be there every day from now on. I hope she can get away from the minpin for good, to find some peace and love.

Please keep me posted on her recovery. Thank you so very much for telling us about her.

Bobbie
Gretta's Mom
Dear Walk Alone

What a tragedy that this beautiful little Chihuahua has to suffer because of a human not using his heart and mind. You were completely right to pack up and leave this person - to protect your furbabies. I hope for a full and swift recovery for Chi-Chi and for your heart, too. Please keep us posted on how all of you - except Mr Wonderful - are doing. We love you all.

Gretta's mom
Suzanne64
Walk Alone,
Oh, that poor sweet baby. I hate to see any animal suffer.

But take heart, she will recover. The same thing happened to my mom's pug mix Pixie many years ago, though it was an accident that happened when she was playing with her big goofy sister Tanya, a Belgian shepherd. Pixie recovered quite well with one eye, though later she developed cataracts and was totally blind, with mom's love she lived a long and happy life despite her disabilities. After she passed, mom went to the pound and found her new best friend, Jake, a fat black pug. Though he was young and healthy, they said they were planning to euthanize him, because HE ONLY HAD ONE EYE! Mom said, "I don't care how many eyes he has, I want him!" They had 10 wonderful years together until he passed from cancer.

p.s.: You are not walking alone - we are all in this together. smile.gif
Walk Alone
QUOTE (Suzanne64 @ May 15 2011, 02:28 PM) *
After she passed, mom went to the pound and found her new best friend, Jake, a fat black pug. Though he was young and healthy, they said they were planning to euthanize him, because HE ONLY HAD ONE EYE! Mom said, "I don't care how many eyes he has, I want him!" They had 10 wonderful years together until he passed from cancer.

Wow, Suzanne! That is a wonderful story. I really needed to read something like that.

I don't have access to this chihuahua anymore to know how she is doing. I really hope she is doing okay; I think about her all the time.

Thanks everyone for all your concerns and well wishes. smile.gif
Gretta's Mom
Dear Walk Alone

My prayers and all the strength I have are with you and this beautiful little chi-chi. Even though you don't have contact with her anymore, in our hearts we know that our prayers were heard and that she's OK.

Thank you for your kind heart.

Gretta's mom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.