Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keepsake Ideas
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
allan
I've been trying to think of different but simple ways to memorialize my pet Tuffy, our cat. She was cremated and now I have to contemplate what to do with her ashes. I am interested in hearing if anyone has found something that has satisfied them in this way.

Just asking

regards
Gretta's Mom
Hi Allan

My Gretta (a beautiful rescue Chocolate Lab) passed on 10 April. Maybe it's kind of a girl thing, and pretty pricey, but the soft pillow they offer on an ad in this site seemed like the perfect answer for my Gretta's earthly remains. That way I can still hug her. Just a thought. Hope you're OK.

Gretta's mom
LS Support
you took the words out of my mouth, Gretta. our dog is getting along in years, if we cremate him when he passes i think i would definitely consider the Soft Pillow. they are a bit pricey, but the thought of my wife hugging her dog again seems great. here is a link to their site, i am also an affiliate so anything bought there we get a small amount of $ to help pay for the site and donations to shelters.

Soft Pillow - Go Here -->

Allan, for my cat Tribble i just found a decent plain can with a lid and decorated it with kitty wrapping paper, stickers, and photos of him. i also wrapped his collar with tags around the lid. inside i placed his ashes, of course, along with some catnip, his favorite toy, a tuft of his fur, and a bit of food. each anniversary of his death (unfortunately, it was New Years Day) i open the can and we have some time together. pretty much anything you do with cremains can be rewarding.
sunshineboy
QUOTE (allan @ Apr 29 2011, 11:31 AM) *
I've been trying to think of different but simple ways to memorialize my pet Tuffy, our cat. She was cremated and now I have to contemplate what to do with her ashes. I am interested in hearing if anyone has found something that has satisfied them in this way.

Just asking

regards

Hi There

I lost my gorgeous dog on the 14th April 2011 and I found it really hard to decide what to do and I came accross a lovely carved wooden dog holding a bone in it`s paws that could hold his ashes, they also do little carved wooden cats and I think that thet are quite wideley available

I was also able to put his chain with name tag around it`s neck as Gunna always hated to have it taken off, he can now wear it forever
allan
QUOTE (sunshineboy @ May 12 2011, 05:35 AM) *
Hi There

I lost my gorgeous dog on the 14th April 2011 and I found it really hard to decide what to do and I came accross a lovely carved wooden dog holding a bone in it`s paws that could hold his ashes, they also do little carved wooden cats and I think that thet are quite wideley available

I was also able to put his chain with name tag around it`s neck as Gunna always hated to have it taken off, he can now wear it forever

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Our pets are special to us and how different individuals show their love is always enriching to hear.

kind regards
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.