Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulmonary/lung Disease
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
LilArgie
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with severe pulmonary hypertension in dogs or any underlying lung disease such as fibrosis.
Kevin Lee
I'm glad my dogs are healthy not to acquire this disease. It's a serious case for dogs! What happened to your pet? Sometimes, what they eat is a must. Take a look at this news. "There are, of course, many welfare benefits one can receive if a person can’t provide for themselves or is in a tough spot, but they aren’t much help if one has a pet to look after. However, there really is a program offering pet food stamps, sort of". laugh.gif
moon_beam
Hi, LilArgie, thank you so much for sharing your query about pulmonary hypertension / lung disease / fibrosis in canine companions. I have not personally had these experiences with my beloved companions, so unfortunately I cannot share any first hand knowledge with you. However, you may be able to obtain information on the internet which may help you better understand these medical issues, and offer you an opportunity to ask your veterinary care provider specific questions that are on your mind.

I hope you are able to find the information you need, LilArgie. Please know you are among friends here who do understand the stress of having a companion who has a chronic / serious medical challenge, and we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Pippin's Mom Kel
QUOTE (LilArgie @ Oct 29 2010, 02:14 PM) *
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with severe pulmonary hypertension in dogs or any underlying lung disease such as fibrosis.

LilArgie, I don't have experience with this in dogs, but I see it in humans all the time. Do they think the pulmonary hypertension is because of pulmonary fibrosis? What symptoms is your dog experiencing?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.