Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Dearest Kajoor
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
kajoorsmom
My KJ and me:
Dear kajoor.
everyday is easier and harder at the same time. i can't believe you're really gone. i want to write some cute stories about you, but everything about us was mundane. we did everything together. for a while you even decided that my bathroom was the best place for your litter box and refused to go anywhere else. bathing you, sleeping next to you, cuddling you, nuzzling under your chin, breathing in unison, feeding you, letting you walk me, and hugging you were among the most precious gifts you gave me. thank you so much for giving me the privilege to be your mom. i miss your sneezes...but you have forever changed me for the better. i wish i could've saved you, but you did not want to go to the vet again, so you made your own choice. thank you for not making me euthanize you. thank you for dying in my arms...in the same position from when i first held you--a 6 wk old little munchkin with silly whiskers and huge bulging eyes. you were so brave and rambunctious from the start. and the fact that you thought you owned the place only made me love you more--you did own it, along with my heart. kajoor, just know that i loved you more than my life, and will forever keep your lessons deep in my soul. i love you!
love,
your mom, rachu
janika
Dear Rachu
What a wonderful tribute to your dear Kajoor. I am so sorry for your loss. You shared a wonderful life which does not sound at all 'mundane' to me. Keep writing and I would love to see any photos you could post please.
I'm thinking of you and your Angel Rachu.

Hugs Jan and my Angels and Pixie x
kajoorsmom
he was a bunny! thanks for your condolences smile.gif
janika
He's so beautiful, thanks for sharing the photo.
Hugs

Jan and my Angels and Pixie x
madi
What a beautiful bunny Kajoor was, so pretty. One of my sister in laws had a house bunny once, he was a real charmer. He had a washing basket that he used as a litter tray and he looked so cute jumping in and our of that basket. I am really sorry for your loss, I know how you feel, these beautiful creatures we are privileged to share our lives with leave an empty hole when they pass and are no longer physically with us. Thinking of you, hugs xx

madi xx
Cheryl83
He is gorgeous! smile.gif

I lost my bunny 3 weeks ago, so I know how you feel. A lot of people underestimate them, but they are such sweet, loving, playful little things. I feel so lost and empty without my Daisy. I wish I had a picture of her on my computer to share.

I laughed when you said about him choosing where to litter and refusing to go anywhere else. My Daisy was like that too. She never once did her business anywhere else in the house (except once towards the end when she was sick). Sometimes when I was cleaning her tray she would run over as if she needed to go, but would hold it until I finished, then jump right in!

So sorry for your loss. Hope you start to heal soon.

Cheryl X

kajoorsmom
Thanks for your messages. He was a handsome little fella! Cheryl--sorry about Daisy. It's not easy to lose a rabbit--they are full fledged emotional beings, no less than a dog or cat. I would imagine Daisy wants you to keep her memory alive, but smile when you think of her. Try to get a picture uploaded!
smile.gif
kajoorsmom
i broke down yesterday, but today was a better day. today there were cute memories. he never leaves my thoughts. i hate looking at pictures because it makes it real. i guess this is all just a natural progression. i met some other bunnies yesterday, and i realized how different they are from him. maybe i'm in denial right now.
Cheryl83
The first stage of grief usually is denial. You just can't believe or accept that they are gone. This is normal. You will slowly start to move pass this stage, although you might find yourself returning to it every now and again. You will have "good" days and bad days. Some moments you will feel strong, the next you will be a complete mess. Again, this is all normal. You will get through this. We all will. And we are all here if you ever want to talk more about your baby, or about your feelings.

Take care, Cheryl X
kajoorsmom
These past few days have been ok, but I'm losing productivity. I don't sleep well. I feel sick....and tired. I hope I'm not abusing your memory to not be my best. I want to be the best that I can be...but I always have such issues with it. You made me so motivated....I loved having you around. Sigh. I know you're not too far away. But it's hard. Hard to explain to the world why I just don't really care about work. Why I can't be bothered to impress people. They don't think it's a big deal. Or know your cute brilliance wink.gif hehe
Cheryl83
Kajoorsmom,

I know how you feel. And it's hard for some people to understand. Unless they have been lucky and blessed enough to have experienced the bond we had with our babies, they wont. But we all understand here. Because we have all been blessed.

Hang in there.

Hugs, Cheryl xx
kajoorsmom
Thanks Cheryl.
your words are a huge comfort to me. Daisy and Kajoor are probably hanging out together smile.gif
Cheryl83
That made me laugh smile.gif I got an image of Kajoor being all friendly, hopping over to Daisy, wanting to play -- and Daisy sticking her nose in the air and turning her head. Haha. Daisy wasn't too happy around other animals. She hated something taking the attention away from her. She was a 'people' rabbit. But hopefully, she's learnt how to play at Rainbow Bridge while she waits for me.

Hugs, Cheryl xx
kajoorsmom
Almost two weeks. Still pretty much in denial. I love cute stories about you. I feel like you're not yet gone...and that feels good. I'm trying smile.gif you carried me through 7 years. I am trying to honor your life. I love you.
soojung
Dear kajoorsmom,

I just wanted to extend my deep sympathy to you on the loss of your beautiful kajoor. What an adorable bunny, he looks so soft. It must be so hard to carry on without him since your lives were so intertwined, and I think it's totally understandable to feel drained at times (I know I certainly do). I hope today has been one of the "better days" for you. But if not, then I hope you can be extra gentle & kind to yourself right now.

Finally, thank you so much for leaving a comment on my post w/ Lucy's pictures. Somehow, having people see Lucy & comment about her makes me feel a bit better.

Thank you again and take care,
soojung

kajoorsmom
I'm tired. I miss you. You were so easy to love! I hope you like where we scattered your ashes...it's close enough without being in my face. And now that you're free, you're always with me. My dear love...I still don't know where to go, how to cope. I hide my tears most of the time. I miss your cilantro breath smile.gif
kajoorsmom
We have a new carpet and newly painted walls...and I rearranged our room! There's a corner right by your litter box where I imagine you'd love sleeping. Sweet bunny, I miss you every little mood. I miss how you loved taking your Ibuprofen. And when you would lay down all puppy dog like, sighing to show me that you couldn't believe how your silly human didn't know that you needed some cuddling smile.gif I'd come running...you had me wrapped around your little paws. I love you! Please come visit me at night. Your mom loves you.
Cheryl83
Hi,

Thanks for your message on my thread. It's good to hear from you. I, too, have been wondering how you're doing, since we both lost our bunnys.

I feel the same as you. Some days it seems to be getting easier, then others I just feel.... so sad. I still miss her so much - all the little things, her little personality, and mood swings. I miss her cuddles, and little 'nose nutts'. Aren't bunnies just the sweetest, most adorable things? That's why it's so hard when they leave us. I feel like there's a hole in my life.

Can I ask... have you done any thinking about getting another bunny? I don't know what to do. When Daisy first died I told myself that I would NEVER get another one. I didn't want to ever go through that pain again. And I felt kind of guilty, like I'd be betraying Daisy (she was such a mommy's girl). But lately I've started to think about getting another one. I just feel like I need to fill that void inside me. I have so much love to give, and miss having a little bunny in my life. I really don't know if I could actually go ahead with getting one though.

Well, I hope you're doing okay, and I hope your precious kajoor has remained close to you.

Big hugs -- cheryl x
kajoorsmom
hey k-ja-nator,
i miss you. miss your sniffles. it's weird how i've changed now that you're not around...but i can conjure you up in my mind (to borrow a phrase from darren hayes), and it's lovely. do you know how much i love you?! stay in my memories. stay close to me smile.gif
love,
rachu!
Cheryl83
QUOTE (kajoorsmom @ Aug 3 2010, 04:26 AM) *
hey k-ja-nator,
i miss you. miss your sniffles. it's weird how i've changed now that you're not around...but i can conjure you up in my mind (to borrow a phrase from darren hayes), and it's lovely. do you know how much i love you?! stay in my memories. stay close to me smile.gif
love,
rachu!

Hey Rachu!

What a sweet little message to your precious Kajoor smile.gif I can still conjure Daisy perfectly in my mind too. I can still clearly imagine her expression, her colourings, the way she moved, the way she felt. I look at her pictures every night before I go to sleep and tell her that I love her. It helps. But I still miss her so much.

Good to hear from you. Take care, Cheryl xx
kajoorsmom
Thanks Cheryl,
some days I don't know how to cope, because I just want to tell him how much I love him. I took inspiration from your notes to Daisy...I send him little messages. And knowing that even though people like you are far away, you understand exactly what my pain is, is such a huge comfort. I hope you're doing well. I hope your precious Daisy is staying alive in your memories as well smile.gif
~Rachu
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Rachu.

I am so sorry for the loss of your adorable little bunny, Kajoor. You can still tell him how much you love him. He is with you in spirit, and he will hear you.
Cheryl83
QUOTE (kajoorsmom @ Aug 4 2010, 04:48 AM) *
Thanks Cheryl,
some days I don't know how to cope, because I just want to tell him how much I love him. I took inspiration from your notes to Daisy...I send him little messages. And knowing that even though people like you are far away, you understand exactly what my pain is, is such a huge comfort. I hope you're doing well. I hope your precious Daisy is staying alive in your memories as well smile.gif
~Rachu

Kajoor knows that you love him, but keep on telling him, because I know it helps. I still talk to Daisy all the time. If someone over-heard me they'd probably think I was crazy, but I don't care. Let's keep our loved ones alive smile.gif

Hang in there. Hugs, Cheryl x
kajoorsmom
hey kj.
it's been almost three months--my life is so weird without you. i am trying to live it as normally as possible. i don't cry much. but every thing i do has so much to do with you--i miss you nose and the warmth of your little body. i hope i didn't disappoint you too greatly ever--you were the joy of my day! tons of nose kisses and cilantro to you my love:)
love,
rachu
Cheryl83
Hi Rachu,

Just checking in to see how you're doing?

I was at a pet store the other day. There were lots of tiny baby bunnies. They were so cute -- all cuddled up together, then hopping about doing their little "blinky jumps" (I know you know what I mean, and I bet you miss those little jumps as much as I do). It still didn't feel right in my heart to bring one home. I don't know if it ever will. Right now I will just make do with the precious memories.

Well, I hope you're having good days.

Take care, Cheryl x
kajoorsmom
i'm doing ok cheryl, thanks for asking. my heart is in two places when i see other bunnies--there's hope that some day in the future, another little bunchild will be a part of my life. but there's a deep heaviness because i know no one will ever replace kajoor. i'm only now starting to process the pain...but it's getting better. how are you? hope all is well:)
Cheryl83
I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way. And, I too, feel that I'm starting to 'process' the pain. I'm starting to have more days when I can think of her and just smile rather than be upset. I still talk about her all the time. I realised that she will always be as huge part of my life. As your Kajoor will always be a huge part of yours.

We will get there in the end smile.gif

Take care, Cheryl x
kajoorsmom
dear little baby,
i cried a little in the middle of random movie that had nothing to do with you--i was just thinking of how you scared you might have been. i hope that me holding on to you helped you feel safe. i miss the same things about you as always--your little nose. your big butt. your questioning look...."are you gonna let me eat some of that?!" or when you'd steal treats from my dinner plate! looked at some pictures of us. i love you little one--you were and still are the light of my life. thank you for all that you gave me--especially these precious memories smile.gif
love,
mom
Cheryl83
Aw, what a cute little letter to your baby smile.gif

Thanks for your comment in my thread. Just know I will definately still be popping in every now and again to see how you, and others, are doing.

Take care of yourself,
Cheryl x
kajoorsmom
hey monkey. you let me pet you in a dream! I was afraid you would vanish beneath my fingers but there you were as solid and soft as ever. miss you so much:)
love ur mom
kajoorsmom
hey giver of warm, soft, wet but not sloppy kisses,
i miss your hands. no they weren't ur front feet--they were hands! you climbed on me with them and would hold on to me with them (clumsily, but holding nonetheless). and i miss your mind numbing cuteness, and all that good stuff. i'd settle though, just to look into your eyes, tell you i love you, and steal a precious little nose-boop.
<3 mom
Cheryl83
QUOTE (kajoorsmom @ Nov 15 2010, 05:38 AM) *
hey giver of warm, soft, wet but not sloppy kisses,
i miss your hands. no they weren't ur front feet--they were hands! you climbed on me with them and would hold on to me with them (clumsily, but holding nonetheless). and i miss your mind numbing cuteness, and all that good stuff. i'd settle though, just to look into your eyes, tell you i love you, and steal a precious little nose-boop.
<3 mom

That made me smile smile.gif So cute, and I know exactly what you mean. Thinking of you as you approach your "6 months" mark. I know your precious Kajoor is looking down at you thinking, "Don't be sad, Mommy. I'm still here. I'm still with you."

I would also love to see more pictures of him, if you have any more to post?

Take care, hugs, Cheryl x
kajoorsmom
Hi everyone,
Happy New Year. 7 months without you KJ and I still think I see your infinitely cute face asking for food. I am grateful that I had those last moments with you, but not a day goes by where I don't wish I could cuddle and kiss you. But you feel so close, so I will not complain. I wanted to write, but being back home after 3 months of travel made it a bit painful to revisit the fact that your soft warm fuzziness is not greeting me....well, first being angry that I was gone for so long and then eventually relenting and cuddling like crazy. You were always happy when I came back after more than a few days. I love you.

I have many more pictures of Kajoor, I'm working on retrieving them. It's still hard to look at, but I will do it soon. smile.gif
Cheryl83
Hey,

Good to hear from you. What a lovely little note to your darling Kajoor. Can you believe it's been 7 months? Almost 8 for me now. Sometimes it still doesn't seem real. Whenever I come on this forum I often think of my Daisy and your KJ playing together.

I hope you're doing okay and that you enjoyed your travels.

Yay, more pictures of KJ. Can't wait to see them smile.gif

Hugs, Cheryl xx
Cheryl83
Hi Rachu,

Just checking in to see how you're doing?

Hugs, Cheryl x
kajoorsmom
hey cheryl! i'm doing well...i swore i wouldn't log in until i had more pics of kajoor...so here they are smile.gif i was just thinking about you....can you believe...almost a year? i still talk about him everyday and think about him multiple times a day. it's usually a sweet memory now though. the wounds are sometimes fresh, sometimes healed. just depends on the day.

here is my gorgeous guy!

Cheryl83
Rachu,

He's soooooo beautiful. So soft and cute. I think your Kajoor and my Daisy would have made such a cute couple! smile.gif

I especially love the one where you're putting your head to his. I used to love to do this with Daisy, and just cherish the feeling of her soft, silky fur against my face. Gosh, I miss that feeling. But I can remember it so vividly, and I hope I always will.

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful pictures. I smiled so much looking at them. Thank you for letting us know how you're doing. And most of all... thank you for your support and friendship.

Hugs to you and your angel KJ, from me and my angel Daisy xx
kajoorsmom
Dear KJ,
Have you really been gone a year? My heart breaks to think you're not close and I've cried a couple of times this week--but I found your baby pictures from the first day you entered my house and heart the other day--and feel proud and honored to have loved you. The baby bird growing up in our backyard, right across from where you loved to sleep, also fledged today. It reminds me of you so much, I'm not sure why. I love you! Cute nose boops. And cilantro. And some chocolate, a bite of pizza and a nachos (shh! we'll work it off later, promise smile.gif)
Love,
mom
webmasterpdx
QUOTE (Cheryl83 @ Aug 3 2010, 02:28 PM) *
Hey Rachu!

What a sweet little message to your precious Kajoor smile.gif I can still conjure Daisy perfectly in my mind too. I can still clearly imagine her expression, her colourings, the way she moved, the way she felt. I look at her pictures every night before I go to sleep and tell her that I love her. It helps. But I still miss her so much.

Good to hear from you. Take care, Cheryl xx

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my little Wally (Bichon Frise) after only 6 years due to epilepsy. It hurt so so much. It took about a year for the tears to stop. They still come occasionally, but now I have a happier picture. Because I believe that their love is important to God, I believe they are in heaven all together, waiting for us.....Of that I'm certain. I hope these words can be of solace.

I know what you are going through as I've been there myself. They are truly our babies.

-Donald
kajoorsmom
Thanks Donald and Cheryl,
I still think of Kajoor everyday. It's not with sadness any more though. Yes, there is that raw pain of being away from him, but i know he's still a part of my life. I want so bad to get a new pet, but I just feel like no one can replace KJ. So we'll see...hope everyone is doing well.
~rachna
CarissaP
Hi Kajoorsmom & Cheryl83

I have a bunny too. Still alive for now. Your stories make me so sad. Rabbits are some of the best animals to have. It angers me some think cats and dogs are self aware but not rabbits. they say rabbits can't love you or be as close. What bollocks. Having a rabbit and studying new research all the time they are very similar to cats and dogs. you can train then and everything. they run to you when you get hoe like a dog does, sit on your knee and cuddle like a cat. there is a site where they teach you rabbit language to know their ear signals even. they are very communicative. I live in daily fear knowing one day takhisis may just die or get sick. He was poorly the other day but seems better now. He likes to give us a fright i think.

Hes not a house rabbit as hes a rex eared buck so still intact and marks territory and naughty rexed bite through cables. he loves that. but we have him in doors alot in the dinning room, he has an indoor pen, dining room playtimes and a massive outdoors pen big enough for humans to stand and run about in so I can play with him with hutch inside.
hes 7 so pretty old. how many years did they live?
mind if i asked what they died of. rabbits are so fragile i'm always worrying what tak has when he acts ill but then he hes fine.

I think rabbits are amazing.you can even teach them tricks. so nice to see other people who think rabbits are as good as dogs or cats and who miss them like they were people because they are people!
Cheryl83
QUOTE (CarissaP @ Sep 1 2011, 04:44 PM) *
Hi Kajoorsmom & Cheryl83

I have a bunny too. Still alive for now. Your stories make me so sad. Rabbits are some of the best animals to have. It angers me some think cats and dogs are self aware but not rabbits. they say rabbits can't love you or be as close. What bollocks. Having a rabbit and studying new research all the time they are very similar to cats and dogs. you can train then and everything. they run to you when you get hoe like a dog does, sit on your knee and cuddle like a cat. there is a site where they teach you rabbit language to know their ear signals even. they are very communicative. I live in daily fear knowing one day takhisis may just die or get sick. He was poorly the other day but seems better now. He likes to give us a fright i think.

Hes not a house rabbit as hes a rex eared buck so still intact and marks territory and naughty rexed bite through cables. he loves that. but we have him in doors alot in the dinning room, he has an indoor pen, dining room playtimes and a massive outdoors pen big enough for humans to stand and run about in so I can play with him with hutch inside.
hes 7 so pretty old. how many years did they live?
mind if i asked what they died of. rabbits are so fragile i'm always worrying what tak has when he acts ill but then he hes fine.

I think rabbits are amazing.you can even teach them tricks. so nice to see other people who think rabbits are as good as dogs or cats and who miss them like they were people because they are people!

Hi CarissaP,

I totally agree with everything you said about rabbits. They can be just as affectionate and loyal as dogs or cats -- my bunny, Daisy (a lop-eared/lionhead) was a real love-bug. She was a house-bunny, and would follow me all around the house. She would nut my hand for strokes and cuddles, and whenever I stroked her she'd lie down instantly and start making these content little chattering noises. She was fully litter-trained, and slept in a small dog bed, where she'd curl up and cuddle her teddies. She knew her name and would come to you whenever you called her. So anyone who thinks of a rabbit as an unresponsive pet, that just sits in a hutch eating straw, is so, so wrong!

Daisy died aged 5 during an operation to remove a cancerous tumour. Rabbits are very sensitive to anaesthetic and the vet suggested that the cancer had maybe spread to her lungs and that's why she didn't survive it. You're right -- rabbits don't show pain or sickness very well, they're very good at hiding it. The only thing I noticed with Daisy at first was that she'd gone off her food (which was a big thing, as she LOVED her food), but then I noticed some blood in her urine and rushed her straight to the vets. An X-ray confirmed the tumour. So all you can look out for really are any noticeable changes in your rabbits behaviour, and if anything concerns you, take him to your vet for advice.

I also used to constantly worry about Daisy and dread the day she died. I even used to have regular nightmares about it. She was my baby, and I'd only have to look at her and would feel like the happiest girl alive. I really thought I wouldn't be able to cope losing her. But this forum really was a life saver, and gave me the strength and support I needed to get by. It's been over a year since she died, and I still miss her, and still cry. But I feel her presence with me and realise that a part of her is still here and always will be.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Take care, Cheryl x
kajoorsmom
Hey Carissa,
Kajoor died of a jaw abscess presumably spreading to his brain after surgery to drain the abscess. It's hard to say when rabbits need surgery--as it seems both Cheryl and I lost our kids trying to do what's best for them. I think we have rare cases though, as Kajoor had had two other procedures which he tolerated just fine. KJ was 7.
Rabbits are fragile and I too had weekly nightmares that something happened to him--he passed away in my arms, which was better than any other way I could have imagined.
Enjoy your bunny! They can live up to 10 years, some even longer--but KJ was from a petstore (never doing that again, but I believe we were meant to be smile.gif), and he had many minor health problems that may have shortened his life--including the chronic jaw abscess.
We only post here to continue expressing our love for them--I think i speak for both of us when I say we'd never trade a minute with them even though they were taken from us too early.
~Rachna
Gretta's Mom
Hello Kajoor's mom

I have to say again what a beautiful, funny bunny your Kajoor-baby is! And thank the bunny people for enlightening us cats-or-dogs folks about the heart of a bunny. Shame on people who say that bunny's can't love. EVERY animal can love. especially such special ones as your Kajoor. (I love that name. Where did it come from?)

Please rest assured that these special spirit-animals neve leave us - in fact they have been with us from the beginning of time. They searched the universe over to find their soul-mate, then put themsleves in our paths so we would find them - and BOOM! instant recognition through instant love. One day we WILL meet them again because love is infinite in both time and space.

Gretta (the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived), stroll on over and look for a beautiful bunny named Kajoor and ask her about her special mom. She'll talk your ear off, because a mother's love cannot be told completely.

Take care,

Gretta's mom
CarissaP
Don't get me wrong I love cats and dogs too and all animals, reptiles and everything.

I just hate the way many people devalue rabbits and see them as less sentient than cats and dogs and incapable of love ugh.

I have a special place in my heart for cats and rabbits...and cows for some reason.

I also have a cat who is very old, 16 now and has start of kidney failure :'( although it was caught very very early stage. I knew something was wrong and demanded him taken to vet even though mum didn't want to.

we didn't trust vet after mistakes they said about Takhisis but i knew they are more knowledgable with cats so now he is on special diet and that takes strain of kidneys and prolongs life and it worked he is 100% fine now. This won't last but i am hoping it will last a few years not months so he can live a full life and die at a reasonable age which i think he will we caught it so early and acted immediately and were so lucky he likes the food as he is such a picky eaters.

so both my pets are old, one has start of problems and one wont stop eating things that are bad for him so it concerns me everyday that i could loose one of them. I have had the cat Pierre since I was 5 and cannot remember life before him and Takhisis since I was 13 and grew up with both of them.

I think the way you remember your bunny and mourn him is good and respectful and wonderful. They should be mourned as though they were human. After all they gave unconditional love humans can't.
Gretta's Mom
Hello Kajoor's Mom

Thank you for posting such wonderful, loving messages to your beautiful bunny Kajoor. I'm coming up on the 6 month anniversary of the passing of my Gretta (the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived). Dogs, cats, bunnies, birdies, fishies, the lord God made them all. Sometimes I think I can feel you Kajoor in my arms - such a warm, cuddly, loving bunny. The universe meant you two to be together. Someday we'll all get to meet wach other in the Perfect World to come.

Thank you, my friend.

Gretta's mom
kajoorsmom
Hi everyone
Sorry for not replying to your beautiful messages in a while. My residency has been really grueling! Today I missed Kajoor a lot and just wanted to thank you for your support. A year and half later it's so difficult, but his memories are perfect. Stay in touch smile.gif
~Rachna
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.