Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Styx Kitty Is Very Sick And May Be Dying
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
Pages: 1, 2
AngelCareOne
I'll try to make it brief at this time since I'm keeping 24 hour watch on him. Styx, named after the band and not the "evil river," just turned 13 years old on September 10. That is if he was born in 1996 and not earlier. Can't recall and can't find his papers. Still, pretty sure I'm right and I am positive his birthday is September 10th. He was 5 months old when he chose me, I took him home and he went to work straight away at being so sweet, affectionate and precious.

All started about a week ago with him manifesting symptoms. The Emergency Vet feels it's more likely to be kidney disease or failure and not diabetes as I strongly suspected at first. Crisis was late morning of November 12th and I'll tell you later what happened. Not all tests are in yet but if it's kidney disease or failure, not much of a chance if any at all.

Please send positive vibes to Styx kitty that at least he's not in pain and won't suffer. If you're one who prays, we'd be very grateful for that, too. Remember, Angels Breathe!

God Bless and Many Kind Thanks!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

Please Hang In There Styx Kitty!!!

You are so Loved!!!

janika
Hi Dottie and Styx

So sorry to hear that you are poorly Styx. Sending love and prayers.

Thinking of you both.

Love Jan x
AngelCareOne
The good news is that Styx kitty's "comfort level" was "good" while being examined by Dr. Gladden at the Emergency Vet Hospital. The bad news is that "good comfort level" can change at any time to "no comfort level" at any second, then go back to "good comfort level" and continue to vacillate back and forth. I want to share this with as much sensitivity as possible for those reading who are suffering grief right now due to your own fur or feather kid losses ...

Styx is in very bad shape and it would require a minimum of $1,500.00 up to $1,800.00 in order to even begin all necessary diagnostic tests including extensive blood chemistry levels, sonograms, other tests, possible in hospital observation, IV medications and maybe even surgery to begin any type of treatment. That's just to begin. I was given an estimate of approximately $3,800.00 for ... I cannot even recall, but it has to do with his ongoing treatment after all the "beginning" things have been done.

I was told that Styx's problems will most definitely require a long course of various types of treatment. Even then, it may or may not be successful. Taking into consideration his tremendous obesity and advanced age, the prognosis is not good.

My options are to put this very affectionate, sweet, loving kitty who trusts me and everyone else ... To put him through a whole lot of fear, pain, loneliness, discomfort and feelings of abandonment of being stuck in a small hospital cage having to hear all the other animals barking, cats crying and gosh only knows what else ... Or to do all I'm able to keep him as comfortable and happy as possible here at his home while he still has quality of life.

Oh my God, this is so difficult to say and even harder to type as one can well imagine. However, I do feel blessed having worked ... Well, assisted ... With so very many similar cases over the past 30 years and have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. For kitties like Styx, I've mostly seen the ugly. Ugly for the poor fur kid, that is to say.

So, I have the choice of making me feel better by assuring myself I did everything humanly possible ... Or, I can choose to keep a cat happy for as long as possible until it's obvious that he no longer has quality of life. Oh my God, this is so hard to type out. I'm so sorry!

Okay, like I was saying, what we have is a tremendously obese cat who is at least 13 years old, if not then he's 15 years old. I still can't find his papers. He's suffering kidney ... We don't know what but do know it's his kidneys and that ain't good. Not good at all. Styx is comfortable for the most part at this time, sleeping most of the time, purring a lot when awake, being kissed, held, petted, scratched in all his favorite places. All that is being done in his home where he feels safe, secure and no fear.

Please forgive me. I can't continue right now, but I feel certain that anyone reading this knows where I'm leading. The question is: Do you want your beloved fur kid to have "quantity of life" no matter what he would have to go through ... Or do you wish your fur baby to have the best "quality of life" for however long or short a period of time that may be.

Dam*ed hard choice to make. Isn't it? However, with all things regarding Styx that I've shared above, my greatest wish is for my kitty to be as comfortable, happy, feel safe, loved and secure for as long as it's possible. That could be anywhere from ... Heck, there's really no earthly way to tell. Not even an uber Veterinarian, Scientist nor the Pope would have the answer to that one.

At this point in time, I choose quality of life for Styx since he cannot speak for himself. And, I believe with all my heart that he'd choose the same if he could tell me. That's all for now and thank you for listening.

God Bless you, your Fur Kids at home and your Angel Fur Kids!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
{{{{{Jan}}}}} I was composing and made my above post so didn't see your well wishes until after having hit the add reply button.

Thank you!!! Thank you so very much from Styx.

And from me, too.

Bless You and Your Fur Kids!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
Flossie's Mom
Dottie,

I am so, so sorry to hear of Styx Kitty's troubles. After all you have been through to have this hit such a sucker punch is just so unfair.

I think you are making the absolute right call on this. All things considered, he has had a good life and you are such a kind, loving caregiver I am sure he trusts you to make the best decision for him. They are like children in that they cannot understnand what is happening but look to person making us for comfort and guidance. If only they could tell us where it hurts and how much I think the decision would be an easier one. And then the thought of not having them with us in body any longer sort of clouds our thinking doesn't it?

What a heartbreaker this is for you I know but I also know from everything you do for all of us here that you do not even know that he will have the most loving, caring, compassionate person to do what is best for him.

I don't have the ability that you have with all the graphics, poems, songs and words for anyone here who needs it to comfort you during this time. I only hope the road the two of you travel for however long it may be will be filled with love, hugs, kisses and be as free of pain and sadness as possible.

Hugs and prayers to both of you

Ginger
AngelCareOne
{{{{{{{Flossie's Mom Ginger}}}}}}} Your post made me cry. Thank you and God Bless You Most Abundantly for your support, thoughts and prayers for Styx kitty and for me, too. Big Hugs!!!

He's doing amazingly well for a kitty who's organs are slowly shutting down. I'm so glad I chose to keep him here! Styx sleeps most of the time. On occasion, he'll get up, walk to his water, but he doesn't want to drink. This is quite alarming because before his crisis, he was drinking all the time. Way too often. Oh, he's stopped going potty, too. Oh No! I knew something was wrong. Now, he'll just look at his water bowl, then turns around, sits down on the floor and looks at me. What to do?

Eureka! I first gave him the juice from a can of tuna and he slurped it down with gusto. So, I put some of the tuna in the bowl with it because he has stopped eating his cat food. He ate! So far, we've done that twice today.

Styx is still enjoying being kissed, petted and scratched in this favorite places. Purrs so sweet! The best thing is that he hasn't fallen over then found himself unable to walk so dragged his hind legs while pulling himself along the floor with his front legs while crying. That was one of the crises. Man, I freaked out to say the least! Called my Vet, they were not in that Thursday but the recorder gave two emergency numbers to call. I didn't take time to hear the second one cuz I had to book it quick, fast and in a hurry.

My kitty was in pain and ... Oh My Gosh!!! So ...

I called the Emergency Vet Hospital, spoke with the most wonderful Tech Allen. I don't recall when I've ever spoken so fast. Allen was great! Lucky for Styx kitty that the Emergency Vet Hospital is only about five minutes away from my home. Thank you, God! Next, I called United Cab and they know me very well. This time, I allowed myself to speak franticly in hope they'd get someone here immediately. They did. Thank goodness for that. Allen and Dr. Gladden are saints, too! Word!

Well, that's enough for now. Him and his teddy bear. So dear! Just want you all to know that Angels really do Breathe and are watching over Styx kitty. I think some Angels may be under his blanket with him as he sleeps and they give him lovely dreams because every time I check on him by gently petting the top of the blanket, I can feel him purring. I am so grateful!!!

Oh, here are some of his Angels ...

Please God, let Styx kitty continue to do so well and help him to go gently into that good night. Blessings!!!
AngelCareOne
Oh dear! ohmy.gif From the looks of it, Styx kitty may have only a few hours left. I could be wrong, but I'll be shocked as all get out if he manages to rally again.

The good news is that he's curled up and appears very comfortable asleep near my pillow on the sofa. However, he's not under the covers anymore and hasn't been for the past few hours since he rallied the last time, drank tuna juice and even ate some tuna. Also, he isn't purring anymore when I gently pet him while checking to see how he's doing. Well, that could very well be a sign that he's going deeper into unconsciousness and drifting to The Rainbow Bridge. At least he's peaceful, not suffering and in no pain. I pray that he continues to sleep ...

I sure will freak out in a major way if and when he dies here at home. That's never happened to me since I've always taken my fur kids to be put to sleep at the Vet when their time came ...

Oh dear. Well, if he does keep going deeper and deeper as he's doing now and then passes away, Scott will be here tomorrow at around 9:00 AM or 10:00 AM EST to fix my toilet and I'm sure he'd help me bury my baby. Please keep Styx kitty in your thoughts and prayers that he doesn't go into crisis again before his long sleep. Oh, if he does, I'll snatch him up and get him to the ER Vet again so they can put him out of his pain.

Please, God. Please, don't let that happen.

Will keep you posted as I hold vigil. Thanks so much for being here!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
Knock me over with a feather! Styx kitty woke up about five minutes ago, I quickly got him a bowl of some tuna with juice, brought it to him at the sofa and he ate it. I am amazed!

Then again, humans many times rally just before the end ...

We'll see what happens.

Thanks so much for letting me talk. It really helps a lot!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
madi
So sorry to hear that Styx Kitty is not well Dottie. You've certainly not had your sorrows to seek over the past months. I did read Alex's story Dottie, even though you asked me not to and I am absolutely appalled by the heartless cruelty displayed to you and your precious pets. You have been through so much and I can't even begin to understand how people like that woman tick, she is a monster, I would fear for her safely if I ran into her. I want you to know that I am thinking of you and your beautiful Styx Kitty, hugs to you both.

madi xx
AngelCareOne
{{{{{{{Madi}}}}}}} I so wish you had not read about Alex in your fragile state after what happened to your sweet fur baby. But, my curiosity would have gotten the better of me, too. Big Hugs!!! Yep, there's a bunch of us who would love to feed some asphalt to all three of those monsters. Nico is the ring leader. Make no mistake, all was planed.

I'm not getting much hope from my lawyer, the police nor the District Attorney even though they robbed my house blind and I caught them in the act. After not getting anywhere regarding what they did with my pets, one would think that the law would protect a disabled person who has as much dirt on those three characters as I do and all on tape, in documents, photographs and more. Oy. It's like pulling teeth. Word!

As Charles Dickens writes: "If the law supposes that, then the law is a ass, a idiot! If that's the eye of the law, then the law is a bachelor. And the worst I wish the law is that his eye may be opened by experience." And "I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. Don't trust that conventional idea. Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance, any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it."

I've learned that the hard way because, as Dickens also said: "Laws are the spider's webs which, if anything small falls into them they ensnare it, but large things break through and escape."

But, I ain't giving up. No way, no how. The greasy wheel gets the oil, ya know. Just believe this: All three of those culprits will eventually have to answer to a Higher Power and it won't be pretty. You betcha.

Back to Styx kitty: I feel gobsmacked! Utterly dumbfounded. This kitty is still resting comfortably, he even drank some water and ate a few bites of his cat food after I had whet his appetite with the tuna and tuna juice. He's done that three times since I last posted and is now back under his blanket. Oh, even did one poop and peed at least three times. Yay!

As for me? I got a headache that had Excedrin written all over it from staying awake so long in order to monitor Styx's progress and make sure he doesn't go into crisis again. No worries. I snuggled up with him and grabbed a few winks so we're good to go.

Thank you so much for your support and caring!!!

Styx kitty sends Hugs and Buttefly Kisses to you, too!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
madi
Hi Dottiie, cats and tuna, they just can't resist it can they? I have coaxed many a cat from their hiding spots by just opening a can of tuna., only human eating tuna with mine though. It is uplifting to hear that Styx Kitty is getting some liquid nourishment. Looks like you have a similar legal system over there as we do here, all you need is a good lawyer and you can get away with anything. These three criminals have done this before no doubt, it's obviously a very cruel racket they are into. Take care.

madi xx
AngelCareOne
Hi Madi,

I know for a fact that two of them have broken laws before regarding this Home Association, the US Disabilities Act, and the US Privacy Act. One has committed embezzlement of our HOA funds on at least three occasions, but don't know if the other has embezzled or not. Wait. At least two knew about the misappropriation of HOA funds and all three of them profited. So, I suppose that would make them accessories to the crime? I don't know.

The ring leader Nico (our home owners association president) has used his Rasputin charm to assure people he will is there for them, he will help them. Well, he's helped at least two of them right out of their homes, bought their homes, then rented and/or put them up for sell. This is after me made sure his wife got her Real Estate license so they could keep the commission as well. This may also hold true regarding another home here, but I can't say for sure so will just stick with what I know.

I could go on and on like the Ever Ready Bunny as to what all those two have done. At least one of the crimes would assure jail time. It's too bad that I didn't realize until after they abducted Alex that you're supposed to register all Service animals. Alex did act as my Service animal as well as my best friend, constant companion, heart, life and world. If only I'd known he needed to be registered as a Service Animal, they'd all three be in jail right now. True.

Where are all three of them now? Well, two are doing well and the third? I don't know where she is. That would be the woman who took Buddy dog and Styx kitty to the pound, said they were strays, signed papers okaying to have then euthanized, tried to put a rush on it, but forgot to remove their current tags. Thank goodness! That lead them right back to me. Do one or both of the other two monsters know where she is? Well, the home association management lady did know and may still know. The home association president knows everything the management lady knows and she does his bidding. Me? I don't know where the third one is right now.

I hope they're all three enjoying their evening meals. Well, I wouldn't cry if they choked and no one was around to perform the Heimlich Maneuver and save them. Oh My Gosh! My thinking something like that makes me as bad as them. Gotta stop that. Hey, their attorneys are taking good care of them so enough about those three because they are all a waste of the air they breathe. You betcha.

Styx kitty is still hanging in there. He's still doing amazingly well, too. However, I'm exhausted so need to pace myself a whole lot better or I won't be any good to him, Buddy dog, Percy bird nor to myself. Got some good rest and gonna get some more. I do keep waking up on my own to care for and check on all my babies, continue to monitor Styx's condition and keep up with the tuna juice and tuna. Bless his heart!

Thanks so much, Madi! Blessings!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
Hi, everyone. Just want you to know that Styx kitty is hanging in there. Major kudos to Buddy dog for all his help to Styx and me after having overcome his fear of going blind in his right eye not too long ago. That was so difficult for him at first. But, after many days of loving therapy given to him from me, he returned to his usual wonderful personality. Bless him! A few kudos to Percy birdie for not attacking Buddy dog or Styx kitty anymore. That's a great help, too.

He did have a couple mild crises beginning Tuesday night which led into Wednesday morning, but no noticeable pain. Just a bunch of pee puddles again in the hallway which leads to my front door. Kudos to ceramic tile floors, absorbent paper towels, disinfectants and Larry my cab man for all his help. Styx has been resting comfortably for many hours now.

Much thanks to all for your support and for caring!!!

Many Hugs to you, your Fur Kids at home and your Angel Fur Kids!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
Oh dear. unsure.gif Styx kitty is doing that "very deep sleep" thing again under his blanket. I used my fingernails to gently stroke his back and side on top of the blanket as I've been doing. He's not purring and he wasn't moving at all either. I couldn't even tell if he's breathing. So, I used the palm of my right hand to gently push his back forward to see if there was any response. There appears to be, but I can't be certain. I sure don't want to disturb him if he's sleeping peacefully. Also, he was up at least two or three times since the wee hours of the morning to drink real tuna juice and ate some tuna. And, he did pee a couple or three times in his litter.
I think the last time he made a tiny poop was early this morning.

I'll keep watch over him and report back if and when he wakes again.

Sleep well, sweet Styx Kitty. I Love You!!!
goliath
Dottie,

I'm so sorry to hear Styx Kitty isn't doing well. sad.gif I remember how relieved you were when you got him back after that awful woman left him at the pound. Gosh that was time ago now.

Know that my prayers and thoughts are with you as I send nothing but positive vibes your way. You've been more than a wonderful support person for all who have come here. It's special people like you who make others journeys just a little bit easier and brighter.

God bless you and Styx Kitty. May all your days with him be the brightest and shiniest ever. wub.gif

Hugs of love and comfort from my heart to yours,
Beth

AngelCareOne
{{{{{Beth}}}}} Thank you so much! I just checked his cat litter and there's a small pee and poop in there. He must have done that sometime around 7:00 PM give or take. I didn't hear or see him get up to move from the sofa so it must have been while I was creating an image to post for someone here. He usually makes this loud, low, howling meow to let me know he's up and about and I always clean his litter right after he does anything so I can monitor if he's stopped pottying again.

Well, I just now petted him once more over the blanket with the tips of my fingernails, could not feel him purring and he didn't move so I put my ear to the blanket and did hear him purring. That could be very good or very bad. Cats will purr when they're in pain, too. I wonder how many people know that? Yes, it's true. I may sneak a peek under there if he hasn't moved by 2:00 AM or 2:30 AM ... I simply don't want to disturb him and I'm sure that he'll let me know with his loud, low, howling meow if he want's something from me. Bless his heart!

Looks like another long night ahead.

But, he's certainly worth it! Thanks again so much, Beth! Hugs!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
madi
Oh Dottie, It's such a sad time for you and I too am sending positive thoughts of love your way. Just remember when the times comes for your darling Styx to pass over, we are here for you just as you have been here with your positive thoughts for us.

Hugs madi xx
AngelCareOne
Thank you so very much, Madi!!!

We'll wish for some magic.

Hope, Pray and add a little fairy dust for good measure.

And keep a candle burning. Thanks again and Big Hugs!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
sheppie
I am still so raw but am wishing Styx well.
AngelCareOne
Thank you, sheppie.

Styx had one minor crisis tonight about 15 minutes ago.

So, I'll be sure to keep a close eye on him. He appears to be resting comfortably right now, but as I said in a prior post, this could change at any moment.

My brother was so kind as to call me today and ask about Styx. Bless him!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
It's going on 6:00 AM and I've not been to bed yet because Styx kitty hasn't been doing too well. So, I'm going to curl up with him and Buddy dog right now to see if I can catch a few winks.

Hopefully, Percy birdie won't wake me up by nibbling my toes. I could close his cage, but that upsets him so much.

We'll see how it goes. Blessings to you and your fur babies!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
ann
Hi Dottie, I stopped by to wish all a happy thanksgiving.. and saw your news... How dreadfull. I hate to see anyone go thru this..thoughts and prayers are with you and Styxx kitty...Ann
AngelCareOne
{{{{{Ann}}}}} Thank you so much, Dear One!

Many Comforting Hugs and I Wish You Peace!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
Brutus
How is Styx kitty this evening?..I hope well..sending prayers!
AngelCareOne
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers, Sonya. Hugs!!!

Styx has his good moments and bad. Goes from not eating, not drinking and not going potty then back to drinking way too much water and peeing way, way, way too much. I don't know what to make of it. Ut oh. He's fussing right now so I'd best go see to him.

I'll post back another time when I'm able. Thank you again, Dear One.

Bless Your Heart for asking, Sonya!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
janika
Love and hugs and prayers for you and Styx Kitty. xx

Jan xx
AngelCareOne
QUOTE (janika @ Nov 29 2009, 06:33 AM) *
Love and hugs and prayers for you and Styx Kitty. xx

Jan xx

Thank you so very much, Jan. Blessings!

Many Comforting Hugs to you and your Fur Kids Noushka And Tasha!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
Oh My Gosh! Beginning about 15 minutes ago or a little more ... I heard Styx kitty drinking so I went to his litter to make sure it was clean. There was a lot of urine so I began to scoop it out as Styx walked to his litter pan. He let me continue scooping while he peed and ...

Oh My Gosh! That cat peed like a large dog. I am serious. A hard, fast flow and a whole, whole lot of pee. Between what I'd scooped while he was there and what he'd just done, I had scooped out way more than half his litter. Again, I am serious ...

Then I heard him go back and drink a whole lot more water as I replenished his litter with new from the box. I'd barely finished when he came back to his litter and I thought he was going to pee some more. But, no. One could tell he was straining badly and he only made five tiny hard little poops. Very tiny. Then back to his water to drink a lot, lot, lot. Then back to this litter where he just sat by the box ...

I didn't know why, so I went ahead and scooped out those 5 teeny tiny hard poops ...

That made Styx happy because he stepped into his litter pan and began straining again.

I have got to get him some cat laxative. One doesn't need a prescription. Anyway, he did one small poop but it looked normal and was much larger than those tiny five which were so hard. This time it was normal consistency ...

Then back to his water, back to his kibbles, then ... He just stopped, turned around ... Back to his water and drinking more and more and more and lots and lots and lots ... This cat is drinking way, way, way too much water. Oy!

Me thinks we're taking a trip to the Vet when they open or sooner if this keeps up ...

Ut oh. He's howling. I'm off to see to him. Will keep you posted ...

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
janika
Aww bless him. He knows his mom will look after him. thinking of you both.

Love and hugs

Jan and my angel girls xx
madi
Oh please do keep us posted Dottie, sounds like he should be seen to I think. Could he be diabetic as well? Thinking of you and Styx and sending you love and hugs.

madi xx
AngelCareOne
Thank you so much, Jan and Madi. Hugs!!! Madi, I also believe he's diabetic due to him drinking so much water as that's one of the symptoms. In fact, that was all I felt it was until taking him to the Emergency Vet and finding out there's kidney involvement and probably other related problems. Possibly some unrelated problems, too. This cat is as huge in the belly as a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade giant balloon. That's only a slight exaggeration. Word. So, you've got to know some bad stuff is going on in there ... What other organs are affected? Liver? Gallbladder? Heart???

He's resting very comfortably right now and, unfortunately, I can't get him to the Vet until after 12/3/2009. My God. I feel so helpless ... Still doing all I'm able to keep him happy and comfortable. Please keep Styx in your thoughts that he won't go into crisis again until I'm able to get him to the Vet ... If he does, I'll find a way. I will! Hey, the first time he went into crisis, I was not well and the paramedics came to help me so hooked up Styx and checked him out, too. Word! They were wonderful. Bless them! Still, I won't fake illness to get paramedics here for my cat only. No way, no how. That just ain't right. Also, very illegal.

I'll keep you posted and thanks so much for your thoughts, prayers, and love to Styx.

Blessings to you and all you Angel Fur Kids!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
Brutus
Awwee, poor Styx Kitty. My mix Radar has problems with kidney stones sometimes, at least we think that's what it is. He would have trouble peeing sometimes or he would just walk around and it would dribble and when he would finally go alittle, we would collect it and have it tested but by then nothing was found (it happened twice) and the vet feels he passed the stones. Also Radar will sometimes drink tons of water...I mean tons...he is on 45lbs and he would stand there and drink close to a gallon of water for no reason (even though he hadn't been playing or running around)...then of course pee tons. We had blood tests done and everything was normal...we too thought maybe a diabetes thing, but vet says no. He has always ate fine (except when he got pancreatitis once), and his poops are normal. It's just occasionally that he will do the drinking/peeing thing...like maybe once a month, he will drink so much he can't hold his pee for more than 5 mins and he will dribble, he is 9...it's very wierd..it worries me, but I don't know what else to do since we had all the blood tests and they came back normal. I wonder if an ultrasound would show anything? I'll need to ask my vet.

anyhow, I hope Styx kitty is feeling better. Sending prayers and good thoughts.

Brutus' Mom
AngelCareOne
Hi, Sonya. I'm terribly sorry to be getting back to you so late. Poor Radar doggie. How odd that nothing showed up on the tests. How old is Radar now? And is he a bit overweight in any way? I'm wondering if it might be a weak bladder problem only. That's something I'd definitely ask my Vet about. As for Styx kitty, no dribbles, just lots of puddles and streams. Since cats are nocturnal, Styx usually does his thing after midnight each day.

He's been doing surprisingly well lately. Thank Goodness!

Please do keep me posted about Radar should you find out he has a problem. Okay?

Many Comforting Hugs to you and your Angel Fur Kid Brutus!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
Brutus
Hi Dottie..so glad Styx Kitty is doing better.

Radar is around 9ish...he isn't overwieght...and he is a very very active dog. He just occasionally will drink so much water that you are right..it just leaks out cause it's so dang full...I don't think it's a problem with his bladder..I think the problem is he will drink so much...but we have no clue why he is drinking so much...it's wierd..he hasn't done it in a while..knock on wood!

Continued prayers for Styx kitty coming your way!
AngelCareOne
Oh my gosh. Please, I don't want to alarm anyone. You've all got so very much on your plates already. I think Styx kitty may be dead. Now, remember, he's pulled this on me before when he went into crisis and I took him to the Emergency Vet ... I think it was November 13th of last year. Right now and for the past several hours, he's been under his blanket again and ... I can't tell if he's breathing. I sure don't want to disturb him if he's either resting peacefully or if he's in the process of "going gently into that good night." Still, he's completely unresponsive when I pet him and give him soft little nudges on the top of his blanket ...

Again, remember this happened the last time, and the next thing we knew, he was drinking juice from real tuna and very shortly after that, was also eating some of that tuna which I'd cut into tiny pieces. So, please don't sound the alarms and alert the media just yet. Please send him positive thoughts, vibes, and if you're one who prays, I'd be very grateful for that, too.

For now, just let me be the one to worry because I'm getting very good at that. I am very calm at this time and feel I'll remain this way unless he goes into a crisis. Of course, then I'd take him to the Emergency Vet in a nano second. They're only about five minutes from where I live and my cab people are wonderful regarding this sort of thing.

I'll keep you posted and God Bless!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
PS. By the way, Styx has lost some weight from the diet I placed him on, but he's still terribly obese and many times suffers Sleep Apnea. Maybe I ought to check and see if he needs mouth to nose resuscitation since he's not doing that loud snore which he does because of his obesity. It's Google time and I'll also call the Emergency Vet right now asking his advice.

Thank you all so much for letting me talk. Yes, I'm calm. But, this is very scary. Really though, I am fine. Off to Google and make those phone calls. Blessings!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox
janika
Dear Dottie

I woke up this morning and I thought 'I wonder how dear Styx Kitty is doing, as Dottie hasn't mentioned him in her postings? '. Please give him a hug and I am saying prayers for him. I know that you will be calm and will do everything possible for your darling.
Please keep us posted whenever possible, and if you need to talk, buzz me on AOL IM at the e-mail address I sent to you.
Love and hugs

Jan and my Angels and Pixie xx
Cheryl83
I really hope he's okay. You're both in my thoughts. Keep us posted.

Cheryl x
AngelCareOne
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers dear Jan and Cheryl. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} Well, he's still hanging in there. Perhaps he's winding down due to his age. The Cornish Rex and Sphynx cats usually have a life span to about 15 years. Styx kitty just turned 14 years old on September 10th. Also, they don't behave at all like most cats do even when young and healthy. Styx bas only gotten sick one time in his life with fever, runny nose and other such symptoms. That's back when my late husband Kenny was here so had to be on or before 2003. A very good run of health for any critter.

The more photos I see, videos and reading about their personalities, I tend to agree with everyone who meets Styx. He looks far more like a Sphinx than a Cornish Rex even though both breeds are very similar in appearance, behavior and quiet, loving temperament. Right down to his coloring and markings. Word. I went hunting and didn't have to go far at all to find some videos of Sphynx cats that look practically identical to Styx except that Styx does have that little tuft of fur on his neck just above his shoulders.

Anyway, he's resting peacefully right now. Think I'll go curl up with him for a bit. Thanks again so much youze guyze!

Many Bright Blessings of Love and Light to All and your Angel Fur and Feather Kids! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always, Dottie xoxoxox
Rudy's Mom
Hello! Im glad to hear Styx is ok. I will say a prayer for him. Its good to read of happiness. Enjoy your snuggle time!
AngelCareOne
Thanks so much, Rudy's Mom! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif It's up and down with Styx kitty, but he's hanging in there. smile.gif

Many Bright Blessings of Love and Light to you and your Angels!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox
moon_beam
Hi, Dottie, just checking your posts about Styx Kitty and am wondering how he's doing. Life sure does take a tumble when one our precious companions is not feeling up to par. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers and will look forward to knowing how Styx Kitty is doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
AngelCareOne
Hi Moon Beam,

Remember how I said Styx is still so very obese? Not any more. He's thin, lost his belly and has a whole bunch of loose skin hanging down now. Not in his way or anything like that. Began about a month or less ago and happened pretty fast considering I've had him on a diet for many years. Also, remember how I've told you about his low, loud, howling meow? Well, a little over a week ago, I met him walking toward me in the hall as I was going to the bathroom or kitchen. He let out that howl, but it was different. So very amplified. Loud, loud, loud. He sounded like a woodland creature who'd just gotten snared in a sharp teethed trap.

In a soft voice, I looked at him and said, "My God, cat what is wrong with you?" Scared me terribly. Had to have been pain. He proceeded to throw up a bunch which he'd been doing for days. For many days. I gave him some homemade soup of real broth, rice, bread, but feared to put meat in it. Styx ate and enjoyed the soup. Next day, I shared some noodles and cheese with him, but just a little. Well, for him, it may have been a lot. He kept it down. Then the next day, he got up from where he was lying on the sofa with me, turned around and gave that same amplified howl! Yep, poor kitty threw up all over the place again.

Since then, I've been treating him very differently ...

Every time I hear him eating, I call to him sweetly to stop eating because he's had enough in hopes that he'll eat just a few bites of his kibbles at a time then go back later for more. He comes to me, I pick him up, very gently hold him against my chest, or on the sofa and cover him, or kiss and pet him, etc. Knock on wood! It's been several days since he's thrown up again. He can walk a whole heck of a lot easier now that he's lost at least 10 or 15 pounds and he appears happy, content, comfortable, purring and loves to nuzzle. But! I sure did refuse to let him kiss me right after he had thrown up all those times cuz ewww!

All in all, this darn cat never ceases to amaze me as he keeps coming back to happy.
Purring, nuzzling and so on from being on the verge of death. 'Tis a puzzlement.

Ya think he's faking it? Nawww. Me thinks a bit of affection goes a long way. Poor Buddy dog gets sad and jealous, so I make sure to have them both close and keep going back and forth with loving on them. As for that dad gum Percy Bird Green Cheeked Conure Parrot, he pretty much rules the roost. Tell ya more about him at another time. Thanks so much for asking, Moon Beam. Blessings!

Big Hugs and Lotsa Love!!!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox
janika
Hi Dottie

Such good news that Styx Kitty has rallied again. Whatever you're doing it seems to be working. I'm sure that Buddy Dog and Percy Bird are getting their fair share of Mommy love too.
I can't write more right now as this aged PC is really playing up, or is it me.... ? It takes about 5 seconds to type each word.
Thinking of you and sending much love.

Jan and My Angels and Pixie xx

AngelCareOne
Thanks so much for your kindness, Sweet Jan! {{{{{Hug}}}}} Oh dear, not you too with the PC problems. Sure do hope you get everything resolved. Perhaps it is your ISP? Well, I do hope to gosh your PC doesn't go *Poof* on you, Hon.

As for Styx kitty, he's been so close to death several times within the last year or so, but still takes a licking and keeps on ticking. That darn cat is gonna outlive me. Bad news is that he's back to drinking way too much again. Good news is that his appetite has improved and he still hasn't thrown up any more yet. Knock on wood! Now, if he goes and puts all that weight back on like before, I shall be sorely tempted to take the fatty boom balatty feline in for liposuction cuz Dang. wink.gif

Oh, and he's peeing a lot more again, too. Dear Lord, please spare us all any forms of kitty Déjà vu. Arg.

Will keep you posted and thanks again so much. Love to you, your Angels and Pixie!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always, Dottie xoxoxox
sandyp
Sorry Dottie, I didn't know Styx was sick. There are so many posts and I'm slowly reading some of them as time allows. Even with my mind consumed so much with Bailey's death, time goes on. I am looking for permanent employment (not just subbing) and it's so hard to keep focused.

I hope that Styx continues to do better. Please tell me about Percy Bird...

Sandy
madi
Hello darling Dottie, I didn't know dear Styx was not well again, but it seems by your later posts that he is on the improve again. I know you take very good care of him and Buddy and Percy bird. It's was nice to pop back onto this forum and see that our "angel Dottie" has returned. Hope to catch you on chat again one day xx

Madi xx
AngelCareOne
Hi Sweet Madi. Well, things have taken a turn for the worse with Styx kitty. A few days ago when I was walking toward the hallway leading to the bathroom and kitchen, Styx met me head on and gave out one of his loud, low, howling meows. This time is was different. I don't know quite how to explain it, but his meow sounded amplified as though on a microphone or megaphone or ... I just don't know what. Scared the heck outta me! I softly said, "Oh My God. Styx kitty, what is wrong with you?" He sounded like some woodland creature who'd just been snared in one of those sharp toothed bear traps and was letting out a death scream. I am serious. So very alarming! Wait. I talked about that in post number 43. Then, he did it again two days later as he woke from his newest favorite place on the sofa, got up and ... HOWLED! Just the once. Threw up all over the place again.

Today, actually yesterday, he threw up at least 7 to 10 times. It's gawd awful. Then, about a half hour ago, he followed me into the bathroom. OMG!!! He's lost a lot more weight, you can easily see each of his spinal vertebrae (bones) and his ribs are starting to show, too. Oh My Gawd! I picked him up and he feels almost weightless compared to a month ago. Maybe 6 or 7 pounds. If I can pick him up using my bad left arm, wrist and hand, that means trouble with a capital T! He's so very thin and it happened so very fast.

This cat is on his way out. Still, he loves to be held, petted, kissed, nuzzled, scratched. Just a whole lot more gently though. I'm terribly worried, but there's really nothing that the Vet can do. Styx is 14 years old. His life span as a Cornish Rex is to 15 years old. I don't know if he's going to make it. We will see. I've been staying up for days at a time catching naps here and there when I'm able in case he ...
I don't even want to finish that sentence.

Please keep Styx kitty in your thoughts and prayers that he remains comfortable as he ...
That is all for now. Sorry, I just can't see the screen ...

Always, Dottie xoxoxox
moon_beam
Hi, Dottie, I'm so sorry that Styx Kitty is not feeling well these days. I do know how those "improved" days just make your heart soar with happiness and hope, and then when our precious companions take another "turn" it just makes our heart sick with sorrow and fear and concern. I know about the sleep starved nights, too, Dottie not wanting to be asleep in case our precious babies need us.

Dottie, please know you and your precious kitty are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
AngelCareOne
{{{{{Moon Beam}}}}} Please forgive me for not having responded to you until now, and I still don't want to say anything. Sweet, Loving Moon Beam, I think you probably know the reason I'm sharing nothing at this time ... No, he's not dead yet ... But ...

Thank you so much, my dear friend Moon Beam. Your support means the world to me!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always, Dottie xoxoxox
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.