Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prayers For Ivy
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
Nemo's Mommy
Please say prayers for my little kitty Ivy. She went into congestive heart failure late Friday afternoon. They gave her a shot of lasix and some pills for her to take with me.

I didn't think this would happen so soon. I have been monitoring her heart condition and she takes meds and supplements daily. I just lost my kitty Ren to to heart disease (HCM) in August '08, which makes this even more painful.

Ivy is only 3 years old. I have an echocardiogram scheduled for Tuesday morning, I will know more on her heart condition then. But please, please, please say a prayer for Ivy and sending healing/positive thoughts her way. I know there is hope, I know cats can live several years after this happens. Without hope, I would fall apart.

Thank you, Thank you for any prayers, healing thoughts, you can send to my little girl.

~NM
goliath

My prayers and thoughts are with you and Ivy, Nemos's Mommy. Ivy is so young and perhaps she will overcome this condition. I'm sure there will be a large circle of prayer within the forum here at LS. Wonderful and magical things can and do happen.

Sending you warm wishes and hope that Ivy's condition improves very soon.

Hugs and love to you both,
Beth
Nemo's Mommy
Thank you Beth so much for sending your prayers and thoughts for my Ivy. She is just the sweetest little thing. You're right, miracles do happen and I believe in Ivy. She is a strong and very determined little girl. She is my little sunshine.

Thanks again, and my Ivy thanks you too! May positive energy surround her tonight. smile.gif

Hugs~
~NM
sissycat
Of course you will get many hugs and prayers from everyone!!!!!!

I never like to hear of anyones furbaby being ill.

Sending hope, hugs, and prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LoveThem
Double prayers for your girl! Good thoughts are flowing her way. As you said, she is a fighter and that kind of spirit can work miracles.

Please keep all updated when you can.

Hugs to Ivy and Nubis,
Judy
goliath
QUOTE (Nemo's Mommy @ Mar 30 2009, 07:10 PM) *
She is a strong and very determined little girl. She is my little sunshine.

About 5 months after Goliath passed away, we discovered a tumor in my Gidget's face, right below her ear. Since she had a cancerous tumor (grade 3) removed the previous summer from her tail, of course we got plenty worried. unsure.gif The vet had told us that if it was the same type of cancer, that this would not be good. Before this occurred, much of the deep pain I had been feeling as a result of Goliath passing away had subsided. The thought of Gidget passing away terrified me.... and much of my unresolved grief about Goliath came right to the surface. That deep thud and dread made my heart pound so hard with anxiety that I could barely stand it until we finally got the results we were all praying for. I couldn't have dealt with losing Gidget as I had barely survived the roller coaster of emotions that about killed me when Goliath left this world.

Gidget has always been a fighter and been through more than her share of troubles all of her life. It seems each time something goes wrong with her.........angels stand near by and protect her. Each day I spend with her, I give thanks because I don't know when something else may happen. There may not be a tomorrow, so I am going to love her with everything I have in me like mad today!

Praying for you and your little sunshine girl. wub.gif May each and every day you have together be full of happiness and joy.

Love and hugs from my heart to yours,
Beth

Nemo's Mommy
Sissycat, Judy, Ernie's Mom, Furkidlet's Mom, Beth,

THANK you all so much for your kind words and prayers, and positive healing thoughts. I TRULY believe it made a difference in my little girl. Last night she was so energetic, full of life, running around like crazy, she was practically "glowing". It was really neat to see. I think she felt all the positive vibes. I did well most of the evening (sending her positive thoughts) until my other cat Nubis had several asthma attacks. He had this happen last week, and I thought he was over it, but last night was pretty terrifying. He sounded awful and his inhalers weren't helping again. I KNOW they can feel when I am panicked, so it took everything I had to calm down, center myself and remove the negative thoughts. It was really hard, because I was so scared for both of them. I could tell the difference in Ivy when I started being upset. It's amazing how much of this they can pick up on. Nubis is doing fine as far as I can tell tonight, so that's huge relief.

So Ivy had her echo test today. She had "mild" congestive heart failure, which considering what it could have been, I suppose that is good. Her left atrium (this is a really important # in heart disease) had increased from 1.3 cm to 1.5 cm. HOWEVER, some of her other numbers on her echo had actually went DOWN. Yes, down!!!! I looked and some of her echo numbers were lower or had returned to levels back in Jan. 2007!!!! It's like part of her disease had went back in time to when her heart was healthier, before the disease had progressed. Amazing, isn't it? I thought this was fabulous news! If some of these numbers can go down (which I haven't seen until NOW happen), then anything is possible, right? This gives me great hope. My cardiologist said he wouldn't give a time line because too many cats/dogs defy the odds and way outlive what he would have guessed.

I actually envisioned my angels Ren, Zorro, and Nemo sending healing light down to Ivy last night (FK Mom's - thanks for all the good suggestions). I also did imagine Ivy feeling well and her heart getting healthier.

Ivy received all of your positive thoughts and prayers, and I am so grateful. You all are the best and you MADE a difference in my little girl!

Now I just have to keep up with the positive energy, and make sure I keep my mind away from the horrible fear losing another baby.

Thanks, thanks, and more thanks,
from Ivy and I.....HUGS

Nemo's Mommy
QUOTE (goliath @ Mar 31 2009, 10:59 AM) *
Before this occurred, much of the deep pain I had been feeling as a result of Goliath passing away had subsided. The thought of Gidget passing away terrified me.... and much of my unresolved grief about Goliath came right to the surface. That deep thud and dread made my heart pound so hard with anxiety that I could barely stand it until we finally got the results we were all praying for. I couldn't have dealt with losing Gidget as I had barely survived the roller coaster of emotions that about killed me when Goliath left this world.

Beth

I couldn't have put it better. This is exactly what is happening to me. Because I lost Zorro and then a month and 1/2 later lost Ren, my fear of losing another is so great and overpowering it terrifies me. When you said, the deep thud and dread, and anxiety, that's EXACTLY how my heart feels (and definitely how it was feeling last night). The fear is like a fist closing in over my heart, and then I feel like I can't even breathe, or speak, or move. It's so hard to control. I'm actually pretty emotionally exhausted tonight.

I think my angel babies did watch over Ivy (and Nubis!) today, and always will. I think the positive healing thoughts and prayers really made a difference in Ivy. I am in such a better place tonight than I was last night.

I am sure that had to be so scary when that happened to Gidget so soon after losing Goliath. I am so glad she is doing well now, and I am sure Goliath watches over her, too! And you are so right, we have to be grateful for every single day we have with them.

Thank you so much for you kind words, they are comforting.

Hugs
~NM
Furkidlets' Mom
GREAT news!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif And I think YOU made all the difference in the world for Ivy, TOO!! wink.gif
sissycat
I love to hear good news!!!!

Sending more positive energy!!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bubba
Thank God AND the doctor...........God bless little Ivy.........
LoveThem
Glad to hear positive things. I know I just kept saying...it is not her time in a prayer. Ivy has been on my mind since you wrote.

Nubis too. I know it isn't easy to have both of them to worry about at the same time. Yes, they do pick up our feelings easily. So think positive thoughts and they will too.

Hugs and kisses for you and your sweethearts.

Judy
goliath
Hi Nemos's Mommy,

First let me tell you I am elated to hear that Ivy is doing well. I love it when I come here and read some happy news. smile.gif Now that clutch catching hold on your heart can relax awhile. Looks like Ivy really is the determined kind of girl you said she was. I'll continue to keep you and Ivy in my thoughts and prayers.

May the sun that shines in your heart be yours forever. wub.gif

Sendiing loving hugs to both of you!
Beth
Nemo's Mommy
Thank you sissycat, Bubba, Judy, and Beth.

Thanks for sending more positive thoughts and prayers to my little girl.

Both her and Nubis seem to be doing well tonight (which does MY heart good), although Ivy has a bit of a cold I believe. The vet and I are trying to figure out if her wheezing is from possibly asthma or a cold. The cardiologist didn't think her wheezing at this point was related to her heart problem, which is good news. If she hadn't wheezed, though- I wouldn't have caught the problem with the fluid in her lungs, which if it had gone unnoticed could have killed her. The world works in strange ways.

Love and hugs from my heart to yours
~NM

Bubba
NM--------I just asked the 'Boss' If She/He would (could goes without saying) heal baby Ivy.Just one thought would do it if God would see fit to do so.I'll keep in touch.
Your forum pal,
Bubba.........
LoveThem
I wish the same circle of prayers that surrounds Ivy also surrounds Nubis and ask in our prayers and thoughts that both your sweethearts are with you a very long time.

Hugs and prayers and sending positive thoughts to you and Nubis and Ivy.

Judy
goliath
QUOTE (Nemo's Mommy @ Apr 1 2009, 08:32 PM) *
If she hadn't wheezed, though- I wouldn't have caught the problem with the fluid in her lungs, which if it had gone unnoticed could have killed her. The world works in strange ways.

Such a wonderful update Nemo's Mommy! May your guiding light always show you the way. wub.gif

Hugs to all 3 of you,
Beth
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.