Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prince Dirk
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Ken Albin
It feels very odd posting here after writing my post about losing Viscount Peter. The wife and I had a long discussion after Peter's death about the possibility of us adopting another bunny from the local kill shelter. Saturday we went there and saw a sweet little guy alone in a cage. It took about 5 minutes to decide and we left with our new furkid. We named him Prince Dirk. Dirk was found in the road in town and was turned in. He is very affectionate and loves to be petted and held. We let him out in the house last night after putting the cats up and had a lot of fun watching Dirk happily binkying and running all over the house. I think he chinned everything in sight. He played until he was exhausted and then put himself up in his cage. Here is one of the first photos we took of Prince Dirk after putting him in his new forever home.

Ken Albin
katzen11
welcome
Prince Dirk wub.gif
you did the right thing
becoming a member of Ken`s big family
Eva
sissycat
Welcome Prince Dirk!!!!

You have found a wonderful home.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Furkidlets' Mom
Dirk is sooooo adorable! No wonder you couldn't resist (and yeah...one less whose life would have been cut short). He's obviously VERY happy already in his new, loving home! happy.gif
Congratulations on your new family member! May he reign as princely as he deserves to. biggrin.gif
Ken Albin
Thanks everyone for the warm greeting for Dirk. Boy, is he ever reigning! Dirk settled in after only a couple of days which is unusual for bunnies. He is not the least bit shy but is not aggressive either. He loves to jump up in our laps and be petted for as long as we can do it. Here is Dirk showing his relaxed side.

Ken Albin
LoveThem
I agree with FK...............Prince Dirk is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing, Ken. It feels good to rescue one, doesn't it? Well, he is in the right home now.

Judy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.