Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Safe Cat Enclosures Ideas
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Websites, News and Other Info
Furkidlets' Mom
I wasn't quite sure where exactly to put this link, because the idea comes up often (so didn't want it 'buried' in a less-trafficked forum), especially when someone's baby has gone missing in the great outdoors. So I'm just plunking it here - you can move it elsewhere, Marc, if you see fit.

Anyhoo, these are some further ideas for building cat enclosures that I happened upon today. Some of them I don't find all that "enriching", but the addition of more plants and other means for shady and interesting areas could easily be added to many of them:
Cat enclosures - Cats of Australia, and
HSUS cat fencing systems list

If I remember right, I think there was also a link in one of Mink & Willow's Mom's threads, too, as well as one other one I'd posted separately somewhere awhile back. Use the "search" feature to find them. (cat fences, or cat enclosures)
ann
WoW, that whole waterfall, cat walks etc, pretty fancy shmancy. I like to have that just for MYSELF! laugh.gif Interesting tips on the fencing. Might be something to consider one day...Thanks ..Ann
Furkidlets' Mom
One thing I'd just thought of with some of these configurations, though, is that you'd best be sure you could GET to your baby wherever they were in any of these runs or enclosures....just in case there was a problem that arose!

Because of this kind of thing and other reasons, for me, I'd still rather install the fence-topping cat fences instead, if it were cost effective and feasible, so they'd have the run of the entire backyard.....and I could still run WITH them!

Glad you noticed this thread, Ann. I wasn't sure anyone had even seen it.
ann
Yes, thanks again. Even after Arthur got hurt, I still can't get past the idea of keeping a cat indoors it's whole life. I know the dangers and I know a lot of them deal with it and are perfectly fine. But being an outdoor person myself, just breaks my heart for them to not experience the outdoors. Unless I were to adopt an older cat or special needs cat someday, which is definitey a possibility. The one thing I have discovered about myself thru this whole ordeal is that I don't ever want to be without another pet again..So any ideas to have the best of both worlds is completely welcomed..Ann
Mink&WillowsMom
I built a cat fence in July of 2009 and it's been 100% successful in keeping my brood safely in, and threats out. I'm happy to explain how I did it to anyone who wishes. I modeled mine on Purrfect Fence's model. Their's are definitely more elegant, but mine was 1/6th the cost.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.