I came across this good (and pretty extensive!) website article for information on pet insurance which might be of particular interest to anyone who is adopting another furbaby, no matter their age. It includes links to both US and UK pet insurance comparison sites, as well as numerous related and other various articles (unread by me so far) on both sides of the page.

I like the author's basic atti*tude, too, that being that the "cheapest" is not often the best, NOR the wisest choice. He puts it this way:
"It is always words like “free”, “cheap” and “low cost” that people search for and I have to admit that I am pretty….. well… sad or disappointed about that fact. Let me explain why. I don’t think cheap pet insurance is the way ahead.....As stated earlier I feel that looking solely for cheap pet insurance is the wrong approach and that you should first check to find the level of coverage you need and then start looking for the best price. Not the other way around!"

I remember looking for insurance long ago, when there were barely any offerings or companies available, and even at relatively young ages, my kidlets already wouldn't have qualified for even half-decent rates at the time, given even the FEW, small health issues they'd already experienced. I'm supposing that times have likely changed since then, at least in some ways, and I'd definitely take another look nowadays. Plus, in hindsight, now knowing not only all the many, different health issues that can crop up, how animals today are actually LESS healthy overall than they used to be, plus knowing how much we really did end up spending during the course of our kidlets' lives, even if I paid a fairly pricey yearly fee for health insurance, it might easily be recouped with merely one, non-pre-existing disease, depending on what you're allowed to claim back for. Someday, I hope to have a need to re-research all this, and this looks like a good place to start.

See the website here.