Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grief Into Love...
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Koda's Mommy
Well we decided to adopt again. We turned in 2 applications to 2 different German Shepherd groups. One responded this evening and told us we were approved!
Already we have a potential dog that might be the perfect fit for our family.
I miss Koda terribly but i really feel it is the right time to adopt again. Our family misses the barking, the cold nose, the 'talking' (German Shepherd owners know what I am talking about). We have a hole in our family. We will never replace Koda but feel we can open our family and home to another dog in need.
It's scary and exciting all at the same time. the last time we did this was 7 1/2 years ago!
Once we are matched up with the perfect new dog I will post pics.
Thanks again for everyone who has been a great support and shoulder for me to cry on.
God bless.
Amber
myhrtisbrkn
That's great news! There are so many shepherds in rescue! You'll find one to rescue your heart.
Jon730
We will never replace Koda but feel we can open our family and home to another dog in need.

We can never replace our special friends, but still, there is no reason another one cannot benefit from the "Love Surplus" we have when that hole is left in the family.
It really does make things better, and the New Hire senses it, and pays us back over and over, as we watch them grow up and develop their special personalities. It's another life cycle to participate in and shows us Life really does go one.

Sometimes I think the "new hire" senses that they have some big boots to fill, and they try really hard to cheer us up and be part of us.
LoveThem
Wonderful news......I am really looking forward to pictures.

My two Shepherds pictures are in Tributes under my topic about a dog. I am so glad you are getting one. They were my babies for a good while and just perfect.

Hugs,
Judy
Koda's Mommy
We're meeting one this weekend but there's another one in Houston (it'll be a drive) but we're willing to go the distance for a new family member! smile.gif
Once we have made our decision i will post pics!
LoveThem
We will be waiting............................. biggrin.gif

Anxiously.......................
Koda's Mommy
We're driving down either saturday 1/17 or 1/18. I'm about 98% positive we'll be coming back with a dog!
I spoke with her foster mom and she sounds perfect for us.
The dog that is local to us we are going to pass on. He's not great with cats. not crate trained, not fixed (yet), and i just didn't get the great vibe after talking with the owner that he'd be a fit.

Princess in houston however sounds like she was made for us. The funny thing is she has a picture pose that looks just like our old dog Koda.

Koda:

This is princess the dog we are heading to Houston to meet and hopefully bring home:

myhrtisbrkn

She's gorgeous. I'm sooooo keeping you all in my prayers.

have a safe trip,
Dayna
LoveThem
I agree with Dayna...she is so gorgeous!

My German Shepherds and my Black Cats really added a lot to my life...and so did all the others who were with me.

I see what you mean about the pictures.

It is so exciting.

Hugs,
Judy
Koda's Mommy
Update we are postponing until 1/24.. my baby is positive with RSV (nasty cold for little ones)
However on 1/24 we'll meet 3 possible candidates (unless someone gets adopted of course!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.