Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redemption - Groundbreaking Book By Nathan Winograd
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Websites, News and Other Info
Furkidlets' Mom
Through some research into the current state of the "no-kill" movement in the U.S., I came across a newer book out by Nathan Winograd, whose bio. follows:
Nathan J. Winograd is the Director of the national No Kill Advocacy Center. He is a graduate of Stanford Law School, a former criminal prosecutor and attorney, was director of operations for the San Francisco SPCA and executive director of the Tompkins County SPCA, two of the most successful shelters in the nation. He has spoken nationally and internationally on animal sheltering issues, has written animal protection legislation at the state and national level, has created successful No Kill programs in both urban and rural communities, and has consulted with a wide range of animal protection groups including some of the largest and best known in the nation.

His groundbreaking book, "Redemption - The Myth of Pet Overpopulation and the No Kill Revolution in America" is just over a year old now and I plan to get it, read it, and further educate myself on this ongoing movement and about what inside perspectives people like Nathan have to share, even if they are uncovering yet more myths about the states of animal affairs that I, myself, may have believed in the past. (or, for all I know, it won't be anything really new to me after all - unlike many, the ti*tle alone doesn't either scare or enrage me, as this man's no dummy!)

As an addendum to finding out about this book, I also came across some highly disturbing information, through Nathan's Blog, about both PETA and the HSUS, which is obviously a matter of public record, but which I didn't know about until now. In light of this, I will no longer be among their fans (and am now glad I hadn't been financially supporting either of them in the last several years!), and just goes to show you......you gotta keep up with things, and ALL 'old dogs' can still learn new 'tricks'!

To read what I'm referring to, as well as for more information about this vitally-important book, see Nathan's Blog spot, The No Kill Blog.
Timba's Mom
This is a real eye opener and I see what you were talking about now. Thank you for sharing this information.

Allanna
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.