Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cancers Taking Him Away
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
Murphy's Mom
Today we took my love to the vet again and they ran so many tests. They found out he has prostate cancer that has spread to his lungs now. They are not sure how much time he has left but we can only make him comfurtable until we will have to make a choice. They said sometime in the future he will start to struggle to breath and that is when we might want to put him down. My heart breaks for him because he is so young. I have always heard stories of pets and cancer and always thought "not my pet". I find my self in a place of shock . . .and then pain. . .and then anger. Shocked this is happening again so soon. . . angry that it is happening and so sad that i am loseing another best friend. I love him with all of my heart and like my other two loves he will join them soon in heaven on the rainbow bridge waiting for us to join him. Until that day I have to be strong for him because he is so sensitive to our emotions, he doesnt want us upset and crying. . I just cant help it though. I will miss him so much . . .just like my boy Murphy and my Girl scooter. Please pray for healing for my family, we are all in desprite need of strength and healing right now.
Murphy,Scooter and Gabes momma sad.gif
ann
Sending lots of prayers your way..Call on your angels Murphy and Scooter to guide him safely to the Rainbow Bridge. ..Hugs.. Ann
Bubba
Every morning we are one day closer to the Bridge and we will be with our babies forever.Cry,NEVER lose faith(no matter how great the pain) Be deliberate and never quit.There are no words I know of to describe the pain I have in the loss and missing and grieving of my baby boy,Willy.If one embraces their OWN mortality then the realization that all this (earthly life ) is impermanent and is passing before our very eyes.You are among your own kind here at LS.All of us grieve and ache for you as we all know the intimate pain and personal anguish you are in.The reunion at the Rainbow Bridge will be the likes of which we have never seen and will never end.God bless your beautiful child.A spot will be saved for all that want it on the bus to the Rainbow Bridge...............
Peace and all my good thoughts,
Bubba.........
LoveThem
I did post earlier to your topic but I see you started another here so since this is the most recent I will reply here. You said:

Today we took my love to the vet again and they ran so many tests. They found out he has prostate cancer that has spread to his lungs now. They are not sure how much time he has left but we can only make him comfortable until we will have to make a choice. They said sometime in the future he will start to struggle to breath and that is when we might want to put him down. My heart breaks for him because he is so young.

I am so sorry. This is really heartbreaking. Fate is just so cruel at times. You and your family and especially your baby boy have my prayers. Please keep in touch with your vet as to when the decision has to be made.

Years ago, my German Shepherd stopping eating all of a sudden and I took her in right away and x-rays shows tumors in both her lungs, as well as next to her throat and her heart. The vet said 6 months at the most. As much as I wanted to take her home...she was not eating which would make things worse. But still I asked...if I didn't make this instant decision to put her down now..what should I look for to know when it is time...the vet answered when she starts coughing up blood. The thought of that was so hurtful that I couldn't take her home...for me.

My cat, Little Guy, passed in Sept of 2007, leading me to this forum...his emergency was fluid filling his chest and he could not breathe...he struggled coming to our living room to show us he needed help...barely walking and falling and going unconscious. It was thought to be cancer caused...he had no fluid 10 days earlier on an x-ray. Again....an instant decision.

I know how heartbreaking it is to lose them. We try to keep them as long as we know they are not suffering and it is hard to let them go anytime. I have learned from a vet when there is no cure AND no quality of life...that is the time. Those words have been my guide for many years.
It is a horrible decision to have to make but it truly is one these sweethearts cannot make for themselves.

Again...I am so sorry. I just hate cancer. It takes too many of these sweethearts. I pray for peace for all of you and especially for your boy. He truly is too young but then we already know life is rarely fair. Hugs to all of you and a special hug and a kiss to your baby. I hope your vet helped give you a timetable and especially what to look for to know when there is distress.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.