Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can You Explain A Pet's Death To Another Pet?
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Support Resources and Articles
LS Support
a new pet loss blog article:

Can You Explain a Pet's Death to Another Pet?
ann
Very interesting. I don't think an explantion is necessary. I think they know when something is wrong or missing. My Daisy was in love with a stray tom cat. It got hit by a car and although she didn't see the body she sensed something and mopped for days. This same cat became extra loving to me when I lost my older cat. I took off for 4mo and when I returned she was very upset. My Aunt said she probably thought I'd died. Once my Dad returned home from being in the hospital for a week. I picked her up so he could pet her. She wrapped both paws around his hand, looked him right in the eye and began to "talk" to him. Short mews as if to say "where were you are you ok? So they do know. Some may be more sensitive or showy about their emotions. Thanks for sharing.. Ann
LS Support
i could almost visualize the kitty holding your Dad's hand, very cool. i too believe our animals know much more than we think they do.
ann
Yes it was cool and erie at the same time. Your right though, I too, think they know a lot more than what we give them credit for. Ann
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.