Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Omg Ziggy Shot, Now A Yorkie
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > CyberShoulder Room
Zita'sMom
I just went to put a new poster up to "Ziggy's shooter" on the local mailboxes - there are two main mailboxes in our area, three if you go a bit further, and there is another sign. "A Psycho shot our Yorkie".

Apparently the dog was shot in the flank and bled heavily. This is not next door, but in the same rural area. Whoever shot Ziggy is out to kill more pets.

Zita went missing in October and many other signs for missing cats have appeared on mailboxes. I will go to talk to the people with the Yorkie tomorrow and to the constable in charge as well as to the newspapers and television station. I will be posting more flyers.

I can't even express in words how angry, drained, shocked and devastated I am. We live in a very, very dangerous area for our pets and I don't know what to do. My pets are my life!

The extension of our "dream house" on a beautiful acreage has drained us in health, finances and many personal costs/sacrifices, but losing the cats is the absolute worst. Knowing the shooter is out looking for more prey is... oh my God, I am just sick.

We have 5 dogs all rescues, now just one cat (3 dead all under 5 years old since 2006). Our old border collie sometimes gets onto the road. This person / people is sick, sick, sick. I just don't know what to do. Moving is not yet an option because the reno's aren't even complete. This is a total nightmare!

I live in a war zone. Even if we leave, someone is out there shooting innocent pets and other creatures for the pure entertainment of watching an animal fight for it's life... This is not accidental, there is no way a Yorkie looks like a squirrel or a rodent (and shooting them is sick enough as it is).

sick, sick, sick.

My heart hurts. What can I do? This has to stop.

Jan.
AngelCareOne
I just went to put a new poster up to "Ziggy's shooter" on the local mailboxes - there are two main mailboxes in our area, three if you go a bit further, and there is another sign. "A Psycho shot our Yorkie".

Apparently the dog was shot in the flank and bled heavily. This is not next door, but in the same rural area. Whoever shot Ziggy is out to kill more pets.

Zita went missing in October and many other signs for missing cats have appeared on mailboxes. I will go to talk to the people with the Yorkie tomorrow and to the constable in charge as well as to the newspapers and television station. I will be posting more flyers.

I can't even express in words how angry, drained, shocked and devastated I am. We live in a very, very dangerous area for our pets and I don't know what to do. My pets are my life!

The extension of our "dream house" on a beautiful acreage has drained us in health, finances and many personal costs/sacrifices, but losing the cats is the absolute worst. Knowing the shooter is out looking for more prey is... oh my God, I am just sick.

We have 5 dogs all rescues, now just one cat (3 dead all under 5 years old since 2006). Our old border collie sometimes gets onto the road. This person / people is sick, sick, sick. I just don't know what to do. Moving is not yet an option because the reno's aren't even complete. This is a total nightmare!

I live in a war zone. Even if we leave, someone is out there shooting innocent pets and other creatures for the pure entertainment of watching an animal fight for it's life... This is not accidental, there is no way a Yorkie looks like a squirrel or a rodent (and shooting them is sick enough as it is).

sick, sick, sick.

Jan.

Oh No! {{{{{{{Jan}}}}}}} I realize what I'm about to say is a very, very tall order. First of all, breathe. Don't forget to breathe. Breathe slowly in through your nose, then release your breath out of your mouth. Repeat again and again. You are a nervous wreck right now and that's very understandable since it appears apparent that there is a serial animal shooter/killer in your area.

Next, keep your kitty indoors. I know your kitty hates that but you've got to do it. Okay? I used to walk my one of my cats after training him to use a harness and leash. You may take your kitty for walks using a harness (NOT a collar outdoors) and a leash. Don't let your kitty out of your sight. I assume your kitty is litter trained for the indoors? If not, then make it so right now.

Next, what can you do to keep your old border collie off that road? How can you keep your dogs all near your house on your property?
If you do not have a fence, there is a simple and inexpensive solution.

I will wait for your response before I go any further.

Breathe, Jan. Okay? Breathe and talk with me and us. I'm here.

The Warrior Angel,
Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
Just a quick note: Jan, the solution is Not to put your dogs on chains. That's called tethering. It is bad and cruel. Do not use chains or ropes tied to any kind of anything in order to secure your dogs. I know I didn't have to say that but wanted to make sure you and everyone knows that is not done. It is a bad thing to do.

There are invisible fences for dogs. Have you heard of them? Let me google to see how expensive they are. I'll be back.

Tons of Comforting Hugs!!!

Your Friendly Warrior Angel,
Dottie xoxoxox
goliath
QUOTE (Zita'sMom @ Sep 23 2008, 07:44 PM) *

Oh Jan........I am horrified and in tears again after having read that once again this monster has struck. You must be absolutely beside yourself with worry. I feel just awful for you and what you are going through. It's difficult for me to understand the mindset of one who can commit such atrocities with blatant malice.

I'm not sure what you can do except to keep your precious furfamily as close to you as possible until this maniac is caught. He/she is bound to slip up and get caught.

As for me, I am going to pray and ask Him to stop the killing before anymore animals are targeted. When my heart feels burdened and I am powerless to change something, I ask for our Lord's divine intervention. Tonight I will ask that it stop NOW!!!

Much love to you Jan. I'm sending you hugs of comfort and peace as well.

Hugs and love from my heart to yours,
Beth
havana
I have been reading all your posts about your Sweet Baby's past and the way it was, I want to tell you how sick, hurt and sorry I am. I mean I wanted to tell you the way I feel since the first time I found out but I was speechless and did not know what to say to you, that was a sick cruel thing to do to one of our Furbaby but he-she will pay for it in this world not in the other one, wanted to tell you how sorry I am you have lost such beautiful Baby, always here if you need me, Jorge wub.gif Click to view attachment
AngelCareOne
I am horrified and in tears again after having read that once again this monster has struck. You must be absolutely beside yourself with worry. I feel just awful for you and what you are going through. It's difficult for me to understand the mindset of one who can commit such atrocities with blatant malice.

I'm not sure what you can do except to keep your precious furfamily as close to you as possible until this maniac is caught. He/she is bound to slip up and get caught.

Hi Beth. I also feel horrified but am not in tears because I feel so ticked off that you cannot imagine the foul language going through my head right now. Yet, I am doing my best to remain calm and come up with the first step. That first step which one takes when a serial killer is on the lose is to protect your fur kids, family and yourself ... Yes, I am seeing Red. Red. Red!

I've seen this ... Sorry, almost used a bad word ... I've seen this type of act before and more than once. I do feel sick to my stomach and really want to go Jackie Chan on some arse or arses. The mindset is simple. Google sociopath. Here, I'll do it for you ...

Profile of a Sociopath ... Click Here: http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

What is the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath? Not much! Click below ...

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-differ...a-sociopath.htm

They know it's wrong, it is a mental disorder but does not constitute insanity. These monsters are the pox on the planet and all need to be behind bars. They will not change because they do not want to change. I'll stop there for now because I feel my blood pressure rising.

As for me, I am going to pray and ask Him to stop the killing before anymore animals are targeted. When my heart feels burdened and I am powerless to change something, I ask for our Lord's divine intervention. Tonight I will ask that it stop NOW!!!

Beth

God Bless You Dear Sweet Beth!!!

Okay. Jan, as I was saying, the first thing you need to do is to take measures to protect your fur kids, your family and yourself. Here's some preliminary information and I'm still working on it. Dang! I am grinding my teeth. I feel that much rage and ... You don't need to hear that, Jan. That's not going to help you except to know you're not alone in the rage and horror that you're feeling ... And "D" it ... You are very justified feeling that way! Pausing to collect myself ... Oh, the preliminary information ...

First: This company has a toll free number at the upper right of their Website but the add looks like they may be pretty gosh dang expensive. This is just a sample but is safe for cats and dogs. I just now tried to call the toll free number to get more information and was prompted to enter my area code then was given the business name and phone number in my own area. All was automated. That toll free number is 1-866-804-1250 ... Here is the Link ...

http://www.invisiblefence.com/

Next:

Even the toughest dogs learn their boundaries. I do Not know if this is also safe for cats but it can be used for as many dogs as you have, Jan.

Price: $195.25

This electric dog fence system was designed to handle the really stubborn dogs. It will also operate as many collars and contain as many dogs as you desire. The adjustable correction zone allows you to set the boundary as far as 20 feet from the buried wire.

With a range of up to 10 acres, big yards aren't a problem. This makes the Stubborn Dog Fence good for neighborhoods or farms. With a larger yard comes larger responsibility. That's why the stubborn dog system features an audio wire break alarm, as well as a blinking light on the transmitter to warn you if the wire has been broken. System comes with 500 feet of wire, 50 training flags, 1 collar, 1 transmitter and waterproof splicers. Recommended for dogs 10 pounds and up, this containment system will work on even the strongest willed dogs.

Here's the Link ...

http://www.pet-super-store.com/html/Stubbo...adio-Fence.html

And here is the main Website where I found the above ...

http://www.pet-super-store.com/pet-supplie...ric-dog-fences/

The above also has above ground UltraSmart In-Ground Pet Fencing. It is more expensive and appears less effective but I only just skimmed it. Here's the direct Link ...

http://www.pet-super-store.com/html/UltraS...et-Fencing.html

This next one is only for one dog so would ultimately cost you more than the top one since you have 5 dogs. It would cost $148.04 for one single dog and here's the Link ...

http://www.pet-super-store.com/html/Radio-...--Standard.html

The above site also has a Toll Free Number: 1-800-507-5908

I'm still looking and I shall return with information on how to catch the killer. He Must Be Stopped Now!!!

Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
OMG. These monsters even have a Website which includes many areas including a discussion forum. You would not believe the horrible things those criminals post on that board! No. I shall not post the link. There is an area where you can ask a sociopath or psychopath a question and it says the response will be posted in one of the areas of the Website. I asked, "How does one catch a sociopath who is killing people's pets in a neighborhood?" Of course, I don't have a response yet. I'm off to find something more substantial but will check back to see what, if any, response I do get to my question at that Website.

Your Warrior Angel,
Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
Dear Jan, I'm gathering more information: First the question, then the "Best Answer" followed by the link leading to other answers. By the way, I did google "sociopaths killing people's pets" and I am leaving in the question poser's typographical errors ...

Question: My 16 year old son likes to kill neighborhood cats, can I get in trouble?

My 16 year old son has been riding around with a buddy of his killing neighborhood cats with a crossbow. They claim to have killed over a hundred. The local paper just reported a story on a cat killer and I think they are refering to my boy. I'm not going to report him or anything he is my son and I certainly dont care about the stupid cats, they are just a menace. I'm just wondering if I can get into trouble. does killing cats ever cary any real penalty? If not he can kill away, I just don't want the police knocking on my door one night, Any advice?
2 weeks ago

Best Answer Chosen by Voters:

I am greatly disturbed by this question, and if this is a troll asking, very often the questions or answers we write come from our unconscious issues, as well. You sound like you are very angry about something to ask a question of this kind that you know will disturb this group.

But just in case this is not a troll question, and the question is legitimate, I am shocked by your lack of appropriate parenting.

Worrying more about if you will be in trouble more than the emotional problems which your son is exhibiting is very troubling. It sounds to me that both you and your son could benefit from counseling to resolve the underlying issues which are impacting the issue in which you are describing.

Animal abuse is often the first indication of future spousal and child abuse frequently transfers to spousal and child abuse.
http://www.americanhumane.org/site/PageSer...act_sheets_link

I just hope that someone catches your son in the act so further destructive and dangerous behavior may be prevented.

Troublesniffer
Masters of Social Work/ Certified Social Worker
2 weeks ago

Link ... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...04101805AAP5XWw

As I stated, others made responses at the Link above.

I'm going back in to penetrate the mind of sociopaths and psychopaths who kill people's pets, their own pets and other animals in order to hopefully find a pattern. As an aside, I did register to join that Website I mentioned in post # 7 above this one. Lots of information at that very, very disturbing Website and I want to study it in order to ... You already know why.

This Angel is on the war path. Legally, of course. Danged sick stuff I'm reading, people. Sick! Sick! Sick!

Dottie xoxoxox

Important Note! First will google those high tech binoculars to see how much they cost and where they can be purchased. I feel sure that staking out that mailbox and seeing just who is ripping down those posters will be a great help in apprehending this criminal. Oh, it may not be the killer who is ripping down your posters. But I'll bet my bottom dollar whoever is ripping them down has some information that will lead to the pet killer ... And possibly if not probably knows who the pet killer is and is trying to protect that person(s) or ... Something ... Just free flowing thoughts here ... Oh, will try YouTube as well but first the binoculars I talked about in another post of yours, Jan. Here I go >>>>>>>
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (AngelCareOne @ Sep 23 2008, 08:04 PM) *
Next, what can you do to keep your old border collie off that road? How can you keep your dogs all near your house on your property?

Hi Dottie

I saw a "live" friend this evening so haven't been back to the computer. We are fenced in, we will have to make sure all gates are shut. They are only outside on their own first thing in the morning and just before bed to relieve themselves but I am with them outdoors all other times.

Zeus - well that's hard. I have very mixed feelings about keeping him indoors always. He is such an outdoor cat. I know he is at risk. I spoke to an animal communicator on Sunday who said that Zeus really needed the outdoors, and I tend to agree. This whole thing breaks me up because quality of life is important too - for my pets and for me and living in a sort of prison at home just feels so wrong. I have to think about this. I keep telling him it's not safe, but he "tells" me he just wants to be out in the morning. He has been back in the early afternoon and at night. 4 acres in a no-traffic area and I am keeping an outdoor cat inside - I know all the reasons to do it. I just really have to think on all of it.

Tomorrow I will talk to the people with the Yorkie or with the police and will go from there. But the papers and tv station will hear about it.

I am trying to see if I can purchase a security camera that records what happens on the road - like the ones in stores that record criminals. If anyone knows of such a thing that is inexpensive and inconspicous please let me know. I need to start finding out who is coming down this road, especially Saturdays because that is when Zita and Zeus both went missing. The Yorkie, I wonder - it was on the weekend but I'm not sure when.

Thanks for all your links - I've always had fenced in yards and it was more in the trust and very minimal traffic that our old dog went on the road. It happens very rarely but I'm fully aware of the risk by this sicko.

more soon

Jan.

Zita'sMom
QUOTE (goliath @ Sep 23 2008, 09:20 PM) *

Beth

Beth - thank you. I do believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking. I keep doing the same and asking for help and guidance in stopping the murderer.

6 months maximum jail time or $2,000 is not much punishment even if caught. But I do believe there is a higher source that is an equalizer for injustice... I also believe, my own personal belief, that when we cross we have a life review and feel all the impact of our actions on others. This is probably a belief that helps me cope with the injustices of the world.

I must also believe that Zita and Ziggy are safe and loved and cared for wherever they are now.

thank you for caring.

Jan.
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (AngelCareOne @ Sep 24 2008, 12:25 AM) *
This Angel is on the war path. Legally, of course. Danged sick stuff I'm reading, people. Sick! Sick! Sick!

Dottie xoxoxox

Important Note! First will google those high tech binoculars to see how much they cost and where they can be purchased. I feel sure that staking out that mailbox and seeing just who is ripping down those posters will be a great help in apprehending this criminal. Oh, it may not be the killer who is ripping down your posters. But I'll bet my bottom dollar whoever is ripping them down has some information that will lead to the pet killer ... And possibly if not probably knows who the pet killer is and is trying to protect that person(s) or ... Something ... Just free flowing thoughts here ... Oh, will try YouTube as well but first the binoculars I talked about in another post of yours, Jan. Here I go >>>>>>>

Oh Dottie thanks - I am sorry to get you so riled up, you have enough going on!

I do need to figure out a camera sort of auto picture type thing. The mailboxes are far away from my home, I wish I could set something up there. Kinda hard for me to hide there too it's a pretty open spot....

But, I am going to post a new poster once I hear from the Yorkie's owners. I am going to put out a plea that everyone pay very close attention to anyone on the road, walking on the road, driving on the road etc etc

Someone I bet knows something, and I need them to simply have to spill it...

I can't live in a neighbourhood like this. Even if I move this person(s) will strike again. I have to do whatever I can to stop it. At the same time I feel major anxiety about not having any clues and not having a starting point. I am not a vigilante type person, this sort of thing really hurts me deeply and if all I can do is pray about it, and write posters... well I just need for the right guidance, clues to come my way. This person has to be stopped.

I do believe in the power of group prayer or thought, so if anyone reading can send thoughts that this person stop or be stopped in their killings please send that out...

thanks again Dottie

Jan.
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (havana @ Sep 23 2008, 09:34 PM) *
I have been reading all your posts about your Sweet Baby's past and the way it was, I want to tell you how sick, hurt and sorry I am. I mean I wanted to tell you the way I feel since the first time I found out but I was speechless and did not know what to say to you, that was a sick cruel thing to do to one of our Furbaby but he-she will pay for it in this world not in the other one, wanted to tell you how sorry I am you have lost such beautiful Baby, always here if you need me, Jorge wub.gif Click to view attachment

Jorge, thank you so much for your thoughts. Do you really think this person will pay for his/her actions in "this" world? I really hope so. It is scary when the person thinks of killing pets as a game of entertainment and laughing at my pain by putting bullet holes through my poster. Then shooting more pets. These are the same people that murder humans as well.

Both my cats that are gone were ever so trusting. I just hate to think they walked right into the aim of a killer. Wherever they are I hope they are cared for and loved as much as I did. I have to believe they are safe and in a wonderful place.

It is nice to have your support - I have read many of your posts also and I know you share in the pain of loss as do all of us here.

take care

Jan.

ann
QUOTE (Zita'sMom @ Sep 24 2008, 01:44 AM) *
Jorge, thank you so much for your thoughts. Do you really think this person will pay for his/her actions in "this" world? I really hope so. It is scary when the person thinks of killing pets as a game of entertainment and laughing at my pain by putting bullet holes through my poster. Then shooting more pets. These are the same people that murder humans as well.

Both my cats that are gone were ever so trusting. I just hate to think they walked right into the aim of a killer. Wherever they are I hope they are cared for and loved as much as I did. I have to believe they are safe and in a wonderful place.

It is nice to have your support - I have read many of your posts also and I know you share in the pain of loss as do all of us here.

take care

Jan.

Thoughts and prayers you find your answers.. Don't give up. There's got to be a way to find out who, where and why. Get as much info from these people as possible. Time, day, etc. Hopefully they will cooperate, and compair it with yours. Calling all detective minds!!! We need help!! How about tying a stuff animal to a tel pole, stupid I know, Just to see how close to the house this person has come if the decoy get shot. Target practice purposes only, (don't get me wrong, I didn't want you to think someone might mistake it for a real animal).. I wish I had answers for you Jan, just prayers right now.. Hugs..Ann
AngelCareOne
Zeus - well that's hard. I have very mixed feelings about keeping him indoors always. He is such an outdoor cat. I know he is at risk. I spoke to an animal communicator on Sunday who said that Zeus really needed the outdoors, and I tend to agree. This whole thing breaks me up because quality of life is important too - for my pets and for me and living in a sort of prison at home just feels so wrong. I have to think about this. I keep telling him it's not safe, but he "tells" me he just wants to be out in the morning. He has been back in the early afternoon and at night. 4 acres in a no-traffic area and I am keeping an outdoor cat inside - I know all the reasons to do it. I just really have to think on all of it.

Dearest Jan, it's great to hear that your property is fenced in. That's a relief to know. Okay, I realize Zeus is an outdoor cat and that's what he loves and where he wants to be. Jan, imagine for a moment that you're Dr. Dolittle and can actually talk with the animals and they can talk with you. During this magic time, you sat down and explained to Zeus that there is a dangerous serial animal killer out there and Zeus could very well be the next victim. What do you think Zeus would say? Better yet, what to you believe the animal communicator would tell you now considering the latest event of the Yorkie being shot?

How about this. There's an F5 tornado outside where you live tossing debris, houses, 16 wheel trucks, derailing trains, pulling hundred year old trees out of the ground by the roots and flinging them at hundreds of miles per hour all over the place along with everything else and causing devastating damage. Do you let Zeus go outside during that tornado? Of course you don't. You wait until that tornado passes, the coast is clear and let him out again ...

That tornado is temporary and this hideous situation is temporary, too. This monster will be caught on this earthly plane and perhaps soon. Either that or he will get busted for some other unrelated crime and be sent to the slammer. It's doubtful that he'll move unless his situation makes it necessary for him (or them) to do so. It's not their modus operandi to move ...

However, and this is very bad news, it is this type's M.O. to change their method of killing when they become bored so wish to make things more interesting, thrilling or gratifying for themselves. Can you guess some of the other methods of killing cats and dogs that this monster will employ? I'm not certain how well you're acquainted with the way they work but it ain't pretty. Please remember that I have worked as a psychiatric nurse for several years of my 26 plus year career as well as in Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation for close to 30 years. Jan, I have seen this before. It's predictable. The good news about that predictability is that he (or they) do get/become careless and do get caught. Fact. Hugs!!!

Back to Zeus: Most cats will cry to go outside. I know mine have so I put a harness on them and walk them on a leash letting them take their time to sniff here and there and go wherever they wish at a very leisurely pace. There are inexpensive, light weight extender recoil leashes that extend to 25 feet and 50 feet which you can lock in place at the distance you feel most comfortable and unlock or pull in the slack of leash to make it shorter. You do know why you need to use a harness when a cat is outside and not a collar, right? Unless, of course, your cat has a special break away collar. Very important stuff to know.

I realize you feel trapped, helpless, angry, filled with rage, sorrow, grief, horror and like you're a prisoner in your own home. Your world has been shattered by a faceless monster but this is a temporary situation. I guarantee you, this is temporary. In the meantime, animals have no voice and no choice. You have to be their voice and choice. Please, I beg that you reconsider keeping Zeus safely indoors for just a while or I dread the next post you may be making, your heart more broken and your soul more shattered. So, please reconsider. Just for a while, Jan. Hugs!!!

I do need to figure out a camera sort of auto picture type thing. The mailboxes are far away from my home, I wish I could set something up there. Kinda hard for me to hide there too it's a pretty open spot....

Jan, approximately how far away from where the posters are hung is the nearest large tree? Place to safely park a car so there will be no suspicion? A building where one or more "watchers" can either duck around the corner or go inside that has a window which points in the direction of those posters? Where you can place a large cardboard box or other place to hide inside with view pointed to those posters? How many feet or distance in city blocks? 1 block? 3 blocks? 5 blocks? More? A true story ...

I was married at private a garden on their island. The photographer took some photos from way on the other side of the lake near the woods almost a half a mile away and I thought he was out of his mind until I got those photos back with the rest. It was though he was just a few feet away. Amazing but true. Jan, something can be rigged up. I just need to know approximately how far away someone can safely "hide" along with the equipment while still having it point towards those posters.

Don't worry about or give a second thought to me doing foot work, Dear One. That's what I do. Save animals and help my friends. Love you bunches, Jan!

Dottie xoxoxox
AngelCareOne
Hi, Jan. Here's some more information. I order practically all my fur kids' needs through PetCo. online. It's far less expensive than any pet store, grocery store and even WalMart and Kmart and that includes their small shipping charge. You don't need to be a member to purchase. They do have a toll free number to ask for help with any questions regarding any item or will help you locate any item. Here's their main Link ...

http://www.petco.com

Some cat harnesses. I love the reflective one but the others are nice, too. You'll find more at the Link above but I wanted to show you three samples ...

http://www.petco.com/product/104278/Petmat...ss-in-Pink.aspx

http://www.petco.com/product/7813/Petmate-...-Harnesses.aspx

http://www.petco.com/product/104292/Petmat...s-in-Black.aspx

And extender recoil leashes. Of course, regular leashes will cost less and that's what I used in the past with my kitties. They were all very happy campers. Here are some extender recoil leashes ...

http://www.petco.com/product/4359/Flexi-Mi...h-in-Black.aspx

http://www.petco.com/product/2017/Flexi-Cl...-in-Purple.aspx

http://www.petco.com/product/2016/Flexi-Lo...h-in-Green.aspx

As far as the binoculars go, I really need to know how powerful a magnification you need the zoom to be but have found several Websites for them.

IMPORTANT: The binoculars will be the biggest expense. However, the binoculars will be your greatest asset in catching the pet killer ... Fast! Perhaps others who have lost their pets will chip in and make this a group effort. I sure would. You bet!

Big Comforting Hugs!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Dottie xoxoxox
moon_beam
HI, Jan, please believe me when I say I do empathize with what you are going through with your furkids as well as the neighborhood furkds. I grew up in a very dangerous neighborhood - - my biological father thought we didn't deserve anything better. He was abusive of us as well as any furkids we tried to have in the household. So were the neighborhood children with whom I went to school with - - so I was not only abused at home but at school as well with no teacher intervention. This was close to 60 years ago when bullying was overlooked as "children being children." You need to know what your local laws are regarding animal abuse - will the perpetrator(s) be proseceuted and what will be the charges - - will they be misdemeanor or felony? You also need to engage the assistance of the local humane society. And with police assistance attempt to get a list of households who have registered or unregistered guns and other hunting weapons and have forensic evidence acquired from the animals - - companion and wild life - - who are being murdered. Of course this all depends on how serious your local police take these types of crimes, but indeed there is a sociopath loose in your neighborhood. And of course there is the benefit of group pressure on the local police for them to take this situation seriously because the next step for these perpetrators is a mass murder event if they are not caught and stopped. I never let my kitty kids roam - - when they are outside they are on tethers that allow them to access the places they enjoy in their fenced yard. I am so sorry that you are having to live this nightmare, Jan. Please keep us posted as to what happens. And please be sure to take care of yourself, your furkids, and your family from these sociopaths.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LS Support
moved this post to the Cybershoulder forum, the discussion seems to fit better here.

Jon730
I'm going back in to penetrate the mind of sociopaths and psychopaths who kill people's pets..

I'll penetrate their mind.

What state was this in?
AngelCareOne
Jon730 September 24, 07:18 PM:

What state was this in?

Jon, that would be in the state of Anywhere, Planet Earth and I am getting some answers in the sociopath discussion forum which is part of the sociopath Website that I mentioned in one posts #7 and #8 on this thread. I'll keep you posted.

Always,
Angel xoxoxox
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (Jon730 @ Sep 24 2008, 08:18 PM) *

What state was this in?

It's in BC Canada - penetrate away. This person(s) is really sick - more later.

Jan
Zita'sMom
Hi there

There don't seem to be huge consequences for the killing of pets here. 6 months in prison or a $2,000 fine. And we have no evidence yet at all to point to anyone.

I hope the local police will take more interest. I have left a call in to the constable who dealt with the Yorkie incident.

I am putting a community poster together to get people to email me and brainstorm what to do.

I hope together we can do something. The other thought is that as soon as possible perhaps I can put the house up for sale. This isn't necessarily easy because we aren't even finished the extension that we were building. I think it would sell at a loss. It is such a frustrating and infuriating situation.

I do appreciate your ideas and input.

thank you

Jan.
QUOTE (moon_beam @ Sep 24 2008, 05:46 PM) *
HI, Jan, please believe me when I say I do empathize with what you are going through with your furkids as well as the neighborhood furkds. I grew up in a very dangerous neighborhood - - my biological father thought we didn't deserve anything better. He was abusive of us as well as any furkids we tried to have in the household. So were the neighborhood children with whom I went to school with - - so I was not only abused at home but at school as well with no teacher intervention. This was close to 60 years ago when bullying was overlooked as "children being children." You need to know what your local laws are regarding animal abuse - will the perpetrator(s) be proseceuted and what will be the charges - - will they be misdemeanor or felony? You also need to engage the assistance of the local humane society. And with police assistance attempt to get a list of households who have registered or unregistered guns and other hunting weapons and have forensic evidence acquired from the animals - - companion and wild life - - who are being murdered. Of course this all depends on how serious your local police take these types of crimes, but indeed there is a sociopath loose in your neighborhood. And of course there is the benefit of group pressure on the local police for them to take this situation seriously because the next step for these perpetrators is a mass murder event if they are not caught and stopped. I never let my kitty kids roam - - when they are outside they are on tethers that allow them to access the places they enjoy in their fenced yard. I am so sorry that you are having to live this nightmare, Jan. Please keep us posted as to what happens. And please be sure to take care of yourself, your furkids, and your family from these sociopaths.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Zita'sMom
Hi Dottie

I am terribly worried about my Zeus, but I'm not the only one who makes decisions about him. This is difficult and too long to post here anyway. I am exhausted from so many thoughts. I hate it here! In more ways than anyone can realize.

Someone told me that even videotaping the person perpetrating the crime is not considered valid evidence because there is some kind of privacy law, so I'll have to find out more.

I am so glad you people are here to support me because I feel so completely alone.

I did talk to the people with the Yorkie today - the dog got shot twice, 4 days apart. Their next door neighbour's dog came back with blisters all over its nose like it had been sprayed or blasted with something.

I am utterly exhausted.

There are so many things I am dealing with on personal levels on top of all of this. I just go from extremely angry to exhausted and nothing in between.

take care Dottie

Jan.

QUOTE (AngelCareOne @ Sep 24 2008, 11:25 AM) *
Dearest Jan, it's great to hear that your property is fenced in. That's a relief to know. Okay, I realize Zeus is an outdoor cat and that's what he loves and where he wants to be. Jan, imagine for a moment that you're Dr. Dolittle and can actually talk with the animals and they can talk with you. During this magic time, you sat down and explained to Zeus that there is a dangerous serial animal killer out there and Zeus could very well be the next victim. What do you think Zeus would say? Better yet, what to you believe the animal communicator would tell you now considering the latest event of the Yorkie being shot?

How about this. There's an F5 tornado outside where you live tossing debris, houses, 16 wheel trucks, derailing trains, pulling hundred year old trees out of the ground by the roots and flinging them at hundreds of miles per hour all over the place along with everything else and causing devastating damage. Do you let Zeus go outside during that tornado? Of course you don't. You wait until that tornado passes, the coast is clear and let him out again ...

That tornado is temporary and this hideous situation is temporary, too. This monster will be caught on this earthly plane and perhaps soon. Either that or he will get busted for some other unrelated crime and be sent to the slammer. It's doubtful that he'll move unless his situation makes it necessary for him (or them) to do so. It's not their modus operandi to move ...

However, and this is very bad news, it is this type's M.O. to change their method of killing when they become bored so wish to make things more interesting, thrilling or gratifying for themselves. Can you guess some of the other methods of killing cats and dogs that this monster will employ? I'm not certain how well you're acquainted with the way they work but it ain't pretty. Please remember that I have worked as a psychiatric nurse for several years of my 26 plus year career as well as in Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation for close to 30 years. Jan, I have seen this before. It's predictable. The good news about that predictability is that he (or they) do get/become careless and do get caught. Fact. Hugs!!!

Back to Zeus: Most cats will cry to go outside. I know mine have so I put a harness on them and walk them on a leash letting them take their time to sniff here and there and go wherever they wish at a very leisurely pace. There are inexpensive, light weight extender recoil leashes that extend to 25 feet and 50 feet which you can lock in place at the distance you feel most comfortable and unlock or pull in the slack of leash to make it shorter. You do know why you need to use a harness when a cat is outside and not a collar, right? Unless, of course, your cat has a special break away collar. Very important stuff to know.

I realize you feel trapped, helpless, angry, filled with rage, sorrow, grief, horror and like you're a prisoner in your own home. Your world has been shattered by a faceless monster but this is a temporary situation. I guarantee you, this is temporary. In the meantime, animals have no voice and no choice. You have to be their voice and choice. Please, I beg that you reconsider keeping Zeus safely indoors for just a while or I dread the next post you may be making, your heart more broken and your soul more shattered. So, please reconsider. Just for a while, Jan. Hugs!!!

Jan, approximately how far away from where the posters are hung is the nearest large tree? Place to safely park a car so there will be no suspicion? A building where one or more "watchers" can either duck around the corner or go inside that has a window which points in the direction of those posters? Where you can place a large cardboard box or other place to hide inside with view pointed to those posters? How many feet or distance in city blocks? 1 block? 3 blocks? 5 blocks? More? A true story ...

I was married at private a garden on their island. The photographer took some photos from way on the other side of the lake near the woods almost a half a mile away and I thought he was out of his mind until I got those photos back with the rest. It was though he was just a few feet away. Amazing but true. Jan, something can be rigged up. I just need to know approximately how far away someone can safely "hide" along with the equipment while still having it point towards those posters.

Don't worry about or give a second thought to me doing foot work, Dear One. That's what I do. Save animals and help my friends. Love you bunches, Jan!

Dottie xoxoxox

Zita'sMom
Here is a poster I'm going to put up on all the community mailboxes. What do you think?

SERIAL PET KILLER IN OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD

On August 23rd a cat was shot on H.... Road very close to its own property and died 5 days later. On September 19th a small dog was shot on J.... Road, then shot again on September 24th. Another dog looks to have been sprayed with a chemical. An unusually high number of cats have gone missing in this area and have not been found.

The poster on mailboxes asking for information on the cat shooting was found with bullet holes shot through it.

This person(s) doing this obviously has such low self-esteem that they get a sense of power from killing or maiming defenseless family pets, and a sick pleasure from pet owners’ grief.

Many incidents go unreported. If you know of any pet abuse incident or have any information at all on who may be committing these crimes, please contact Constable J. F.... or Constable P... at the RCMP. (phone #)

We are tired of living in a war zone. If you agree that this neighbourhood should be safe for our pets, then we welcome you to email the address below and join together as a community to stop the perpetrator(s) of these crimes.
ann
Great start Jan, keep posting it everywhere you can. Stores, banks, grocery stores, newspapers, police and fire stations. Perhaps you can make a note in it saying it was broadcast on the local news. Perhaps if the sicko reads it, he/she/they will know they maybe being watched.. Best of luck..Hugs.Ann
Furkidlets' Mom
Any local vets should also have this posted in their clinic, as well as being alerted to REPORT any suspect wounds in their patients to the RCMP AND the Provincial SPCA, AND the closest local humane society. These last 2 should have been notified already, too. AND, I just thought of this, but if you could enlist the aid (in whatever way possible) of the Vancouver Humane Society [ VHS ], they might even write about this in both their newsletter and help put the alert out to radio stations or newspapers, as well as possibly having sage advice on what you can do. They are a fabulous grassroots organization overall and do TONS of things to help animals in every sector and not just in BC (though that's where they put the bulk of their efforts, of course).
nyzki
OMG! I am so sorry to hear of this, My heart goes out to you and your beloved baby. You didnt mention if you had reported this to the authorities. But I will assume that you have. That is the first thing that you can do. The police may not see it as a priority but, getting the word out that a person or people are doing this is a start. With you putting out flyers you are also alerting the area that a lunatic is out there thus making your community more alert and keeping an eye out for them. Eventually the Sick SOB will get arrested and prosecuted. Once again my heart is with you.

Boo, Muse, Poppy, Nyzki sad.gif
nyzki
ok I reread your post and do see that you did call the police GOOD! They will have to take notice especially if this is not one isolated incident which it seems not to be. Anyone who would kill an innoncent animal is unstable and is just as likely to shoot a human. This person is a danger to everyone. You have my support.

Boo, poppy, Muse, Nyzki sad.gif
moon_beam
HI, Jan, your poster is very good. And that's a super suggestion about getting the local vets involved, too. Please keep us posted as to what happens. This is such a worrisome siutation - - one that I remember as though it were yesterday. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Jan.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
ann
Hi Jan, I know the punishment is not that great, and you myself and all here would like to see the same thing done to this wacko as they have done to innocent pets. However, the main focus is to scare this person enough for the shootings to stop. You are doing an exellent job.. Hugs.. Ann
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (Furkidlets' Mom @ Sep 26 2008, 11:58 AM) *
Any local vets should also have this posted in their clinic, as well as being alerted to REPORT any suspect wounds in their patients to the RCMP AND the Provincial SPCA, AND the closest local humane society. These last 2 should have been notified already, too. AND, I just thought of this, but if you could enlist the aid (in whatever way possible) of the Vancouver Humane Society [ VHS ], they might even write about this in both their newsletter and help put the alert out to radio stations or newspapers, as well as possibly having sage advice on what you can do. They are a fabulous grassroots organization overall and do TONS of things to help animals in every sector and not just in BC (though that's where they put the bulk of their efforts, of course).

I had thought about vet's offices - great idea. And thanks for that link.

Since this thread got moved, I somehow missed these posts.

Thank you!

Jan.
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (nyzki @ Sep 26 2008, 03:20 PM) *
ok I reread your post and do see that you did call the police GOOD! They will have to take notice especially if this is not one isolated incident which it seems not to be. Anyone who would kill an innoncent animal is unstable and is just as likely to shoot a human. This person is a danger to everyone. You have my support.

Boo, poppy, Muse, Nyzki sad.gif

Thank you!

I read the newest article in the paper from last week, and was really disappointed. They said the fine for doing this was $100. I think the murderer/ess would just laugh at that.

Still I will post my posters on mailboxes and start going to all the vets with them as well.

I have been really tired but I really need to make these efforts for my Ziggy.

Thank you for the moral support!

Jan.
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (moon_beam @ Sep 26 2008, 05:24 PM) *
HI, Jan, your poster is very good. And that's a super suggestion about getting the local vets involved, too. Please keep us posted as to what happens. This is such a worrisome siutation - - one that I remember as though it were yesterday. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Jan.

Oh thanks so much, that really means a lot.

I get exhausted when I read the news report where the local constable basically undermined the whole thing by saying it was next to impossible to charge anyone because the area is so isolated and no-one has witnessed anything.

I am very disappointed with that.

I think I will have to call the constable again and talk some more. Also I live in BC, Canada and there are elections coming soon. It might be the time to see what candidates are doing for animal cruelty laws.

Jan.
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (ann @ Sep 27 2008, 01:55 AM) *
Hi Jan, I know the punishment is not that great, and you myself and all here would like to see the same thing done to this wacko as they have done to innocent pets. However, the main focus is to scare this person enough for the shootings to stop. You are doing an exellent job.. Hugs.. Ann

Oh Ann, thanks a lot.

I hope the posters are doing some good... I just can't let up on this. I wonder if I contact the local police and ask for some help with the request for vets to report gunshot wounds will they add some clout to the attempt...

It seems that they regard this very lightly.

It is amazing in a world where our pets are so integral that someone would get just $100 fine for killing my baby.

I think I have to try to refocus my pain to making some positive moves though or I could become a very miserable person.

thanks again.

Jan.
Furkidlets' Mom
Jan,
...there are elections coming soon. It might be the time to see what candidates are doing for animal cruelty laws.

If you do want to find out more quickly and easily, first see this link to WSPA's site, read the party leader's responses to WSPA's questions, then go to their "Write Your Candidates" section, fill in your address and you'll get a template letter you can send, either as is or edited to add something else (like maybe your own, personal story and these pathetic laws, apathy, etc.) to any of the ones you want to in your area (the candidates in your area, based on your address, are also shown once you fill that address info. in).

Here's the link for you: Vote For Animals - WSPA

It absolutely sickens me the way that law enforcement never seems to care, and it's the same in our town. It's only when it's a big media story (say, in Calg.) that anything much happens, and even then, it's the people behind the scenes that try to keep things going.....and even so, most offenders get off on technicalities/loopholes in our antiquated laws here. Or they're "young offenders" who can't be tried in adult court, so they get probation or something equally useless. (Canada ranked dead last in a comparison with something like 13 other countries' animal welfare laws - abysmally shocking!)

There was a poor cat in AB, not too far from here, who was microwaved by a bunch of teenagers over last Christmas when her family went away and left her at home alone. It was too sickening for words, what they did and what went on. I had day-mares for weeks and still can't think about it for very long. But the story's just pretty much died out now, even though no justice has been laid for her horrible death, and probably never will be. I'm afraid that if I was a member of that cat's family, one or more of those little punks would be dead by my own hand by now.....I just don't even know how people survive after things like this, or like Ziggy's death. I'd be a total basket-case. So the fact that you're trying SO hard.....it's totally commendable and you deserve all the praise and encouragement in the world!
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (Furkidlets' Mom @ Oct 1 2008, 10:41 PM) *
There was a poor cat in AB, not too far from here, who was microwaved by a bunch of teenagers over last Christmas when her family went away and left her at home alone. It was too sickening for words, what they did and what went on. I had day-mares for weeks and still can't think about it for very long. But the story's just pretty much died out now, even though no justice has been laid for her horrible death, and probably never will be. I'm afraid that if I was a member of that cat's family, one or more of those little punks would be dead by my own hand by now.....I just don't even know how people survive after things like this, or like Ziggy's death. I'd be a total basket-case. So the fact that you're trying SO hard.....it's totally commendable and you deserve all the praise and encouragement in the world!

Oh my God, that SICKENS me. How can humans be like this? I'm ashamed to be of the same species.

It is so important that we all take a stand against these laws. I was reading more about Canada's animal welfare laws, and yes they are abysmal!

Thank you for those links. I have signed up for the newsletter and I've found all the potential MP's email address and will email each personally.

I have put my posters up on all the mailboxes. Next I will keep trying to get a hold of the RCMP officer (they don't call back!) I am also going to write a new letter to the editor based on the $100 fine bit that they published.

And BTW, I really am a total basket case. But Ziggy deserves at least that I try to do something. I just hope I can make some positive mark from her death. So much joy and love was wasted by that sick human who used her for target practice. Who are these people who can do such evil things to animals? And is there a way to impact them?

I'm going to also contact the Vancouver Humane Society as you suggested. Anything that can help. People just seem to act like, "big deal, it's a cat". I have to change this way of thinking - at least on some small level...

Jan
Furkidlets' Mom
Jan,

Yah, I know.....and I just DON'T know! And I try to think of myself as NOT really of this species (!!), in that this is only the form I decided (for whatever reasons) to utilize this time 'round.

It's SO hard to stay centered in sensing-feeling that we're all One when things like this happen. I realize, intellectually, that people who are capable of horrific, cold-hearted things like this MUST need serious help and most likely have had some terrible damage done to THEM, too, or made some serious mistakes in choices to get to this point, even at a young age.....but still, it's virtually impossible for me (yet???) to lend them any great understanding, or, even harder, to begin to accept them into my heart as part of the Whole. To my way of reacting about this, I don't even think they deserve straight death, cuz that would be too easy and possibly peaceful for them! I just can't seem to help feeling huge amounts of total rage towards them. How one "forgives" such monsters, I honestly don't know. And I seriously doubt, no matter how 'high' up on the 'spiritual ladder' most people may be, if it happened to one of THEIR own loved ones.....how would they REALLY feel? I know forgiveness of another is supposed to be for OUR sake, but with things like this....the "how exactly?" of it escapes me on a deeper level.

So it's times like this when I have to fall back on the teachings from the animals and the thoughts that they, too, chose their incarnations and physical "exit points", for whatever their own reasons were, and that so often large parts of what they came here to teach and effect comes out of their deaths.....just as the same often does with human deaths. It's about the only thing that gives me any small amount of solace.

I can understand the drive behind the actions you're taking, and it's a powerful and likely healing way of using your raw emotions towards finding that all-important meaning within Ziggy's death. Whatever your motivations, at least it gives you something helpful to do, provides a more positive goal to set your sights on and keeps you from ONLY sitting there and reliving everything, which isn't good for anyone. Besides, as you say, doing something, your part, to change these disconnected views on animals, and yes, particularly towards cats (I KNOW dogs get more status than cats nowadays, unlike when cats were revered), is a noble effort and calling and will help the planet as a whole, too. Every, little bit helps and it's good to "own" our real power as much as we can. And I've always maintained, too, that if every one of us spoke UP for both animals and how these kinds of things affected US (so as to reach those deafer ears that only care about HUMAN suffering), things would change much more rapidly. It is our SILENCE on such matters that allows such darkness to go unchecked.

You might also tell whomever you speak to at VHS that you were referred to them by a long-standing supporter/donator. I'd hope that might help get you more aid, in whatever fashion they might give it. I've connected somewhat before with both Debra Probert (Executive Director) and Leanne McConnachie (Director, Farm Animal Programs) and they're both lovely, intelligent women, but you might consider asking if you could speak to Liberty Mulkani (President) as she worked in Animal Law programs so might be able to provide more direction for what you're after.

It's perfectly acceptable to be a basket-case, too, at the very same time. I hear you and fully support you in feeling that way. You can certainly ALSO be a basket-case who is doing some very constructive and applaudable things for Ziggy, yourself and all other animals at risk, so you still deserve respect and praise for that, so you're getting it regardless. And if you should feel the need to just sit and do nothing BUT be a basket-case, you'd STILL be equally deserving of full support!

Those ignorant ones who say, or even just think (but you KNOW), "It's just a cat!"......well, there are just too many of them yet! One day they'll find out just how hugely wrong they were to ever think that way. I can feel it coming. But at least we aren't them. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, we're the ones who will be leading humans into our further evolution, and they're the ones who will be asking us to do so at some point. And at least we can rest a bit easier in knowing we won't be at the back of the pack, with SOOOOO much learnin' to do it ain't funny!

Keeping you and Ziggy in my thoughts.....
Zita'sMom
QUOTE (Furkidlets' Mom @ Oct 2 2008, 01:43 PM) *
I know forgiveness of another is supposed to be for OUR sake, but with things like this....the "how exactly?" of it escapes me on a deeper level.

I think forgiveness can only really happen when someone is regretful of actions... I mean I don't believe in harbouring resentment, but the person who did this is still a danger as they were when they shot Ziggy. So I think of this person as sick - like a part of their brain is undeveloped or they are "emotionally challenged". I don't even feel hatred toward the person - I just know what they did to Ziggy, and could still do to another beloved soul.

So it's times like this when I have to fall back on the teachings from the animals and the thoughts that they, too, chose their incarnations and physical "exit points", for whatever their own reasons were, and that so often large parts of what they came here to teach and effect comes out of their deaths.....just as the same often does with human deaths. It's about the only thing that gives me any small amount of solace.

I don't disagree with this - just hard to imagine my Ziggy or my Zita - so innocent and loving, setting themselves up for such pain. I would not want any creature to do this for me, and so it is hard to fathom.

It is our SILENCE on such matters that allows such darkness to go unchecked.

Very well said. And I am resolved not to be silenced. In fact even the more "spiritual" people I've run across in daily life have said things that show that "it's just a cat" philosophy. Like when Zita went missing. I will *always* want to know what happened, and when I cross to Rainbow Bridge I will have my answer, but I hope to have it before that time. But people said I needed to "let it go" and that I "talked about her an awful lot". If a child went missing, a spouse, a relative - *no-one* would say this. It's just that a lot of people's attachment to animals is not so deep. The people here on this forum understand the deep attachment to a pet. In fact my attachments to my pets are deeper than to most people.

You might also tell whomever you speak to at VHS that you were referred to them by a long-standing supporter/donator. I'd hope that might help get you more aid, in whatever fashion they might give it. I've connected somewhat before with both Debra Probert (Executive Director) and Leanne McConnachie (Director, Farm Animal Programs) and they're both lovely, intelligent women, but you might consider asking if you could speak to Liberty Mulkani (President) as she worked in Animal Law programs so might be able to provide more direction for what you're after.

Thanks for that info. I'll check that out too.

It's perfectly acceptable to be a basket-case, too, at the very same time. I hear you and fully support you in feeling that way. You can certainly ALSO be a basket-case who is doing some very constructive and applaudable things for Ziggy, yourself and all other animals at risk, so you still deserve respect and praise for that, so you're getting it regardless. And if you should feel the need to just sit and do nothing BUT be a basket-case, you'd STILL be equally deserving of full support!

Thank you - that makes me want to cry. (Well, actually I am crying - doesn't take much! smile.gif ) I really realize that people who don't grieve the loss of a pet are often those just not attached much to the pet. I also think if I was a pet, I know which person I'd rather spend my life with.

Those ignorant ones who say, or even just think (but you KNOW), "It's just a cat!"......well, there are just too many of them yet! One day they'll find out just how hugely wrong they were to ever think that way. I can feel it coming. But at least we aren't them. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, we're the ones who will be leading humans into our further evolution, and they're the ones who will be asking us to do so at some point. And at least we can rest a bit easier in knowing we won't be at the back of the pack, with SOOOOO much learnin' to do it ain't funny!

Yes - humans tend to be pretty self-important, especially when it comes to other creatures. Sometimes I even think that idea of "group soul" for animals is another way to undermine each animal's individuality. Of course, I'm not sure about ants and things, so I may be wrong. smile.gif But I agree with you - those who are cut off from the sacredness of pets are, in my opinion, not seeing the "whole". I would rather grieve and cry my tears than be cut off from the love and joy these animals offer us, as so many people are....

take care and thank you so much.

Jan.
moon_beam
Hi, Jan, getting caught up on the posts. You are right about finding out the viewpoints of the candidates about animal cruelty laws and animal rights for voting purposes. Anyone who doesn't recognize the direct correlation between animal abuse and domestic violence is NOT worthy of holding any type of political office - - in my opinion. I certainly can understand your feelings of not being able to leave the cruelty that is happening in your area alone. Here in the States, several states enacted animal protection laws because of the deliberate murder of a beloved companion animal - - whose human caregivers would NOT permit legislators to dismiss the acts of violence. It will probably take a lot of pushing on your part, but don't give up, Jan. This is important, and also here in the States the laws that have been passed have been named in loving memory of the beloved companion. Here in my location it is called the "T-Bone Bill" because the companion who was murdered was named "T-Bone". I also know so well what you mean about being ashamed to be of the same human species - - identified with the ones who enact horrible atrocities against God's precious companions and wild life creatures. But you and Furkidlets and all the others who are here on this website are NOT like the twisted humans who wreck havoc on other peoples' loved ones, the wild creatures, and the environment. Please know that you are doing something very important, Jan, and your efforts will not go unrewarded - - particularly in the eyes of your beloved Ziggy and the fur and feathered kids who are looking down at you from the Bridge and are smiling in approval. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Jan. And please continue to let us know how you're doing and how the progress is going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Furkidlets' Mom
I think forgiveness can only really happen when someone is regretful of actions... I mean I don't believe in harbouring resentment, but the person who did this is still a danger as they were when they shot Ziggy. So I think of this person as sick - like a part of their brain is undeveloped or they are "emotionally challenged". I don't even feel hatred toward the person - I just know what they did to Ziggy, and could still do to another beloved soul.

Yes, of course they're 'sick' in some way, the most fundamental way being that they've really cut themselves off from Source/Love. What I mean by forgiveness, though, is not what most people have come to think of as classical forgiveness. I see forgiveness more as having an understanding, especially in the really BIG picture, of why someone has done something awful. This view doesn't necessarily mean one has to forgive the ACT, but just understand where it came from, and one's understanding of this is directly tied into one's beliefs about all sorts of things. The more expansive those beliefs, the easier it is to understand, or at least take into account all sorts of aspects. In this kind of context, whether that person is regretful or not doesn't really play a part in how to view their actions. Like me gaining a broader insight into why my father was such an a**, you know? Because in that particular case, it's not like he was EVER regretful of any or all the horrible things he did to anyone...and yet I still received that bigger insight that one, fine day. However, I also know my "forgiveness" is not yet complete, as I can still manage to feel the emotion of hatred when I think of some of the things he did. And speaking of which, you're one step ahead of me in that regard, too, as my first reaction to people harming animals is STILL hatred and loathing and all sorts of things like that!

I don't disagree with this - just hard to imagine my Ziggy or my Zita - so innocent and loving, setting themselves up for such pain. I would not want any creature to do this for me, and so it is hard to fathom.

Yes, I know. Really I do. It's not an easy concept to apply, especially to personal pains and most especially when we are so attached with love to our babies. And like you, I shudder to think that anyone I love would take on such pain for me, or even for their own lessons....and yet, once again, though, I'm reminded of this story I'd mentioned here in another thread that relates to this concept. It's another example of animal cruelty, so you may not want to read it right now, but I'll give you the link for possible future consideration - here. The point of the story was that it was a most unexpected answer from the abused dog (who is still alive) about lessons he came to teach. Mink&Willows Mom also wrote something in that same thread that also relates to this whole idea, too (so you could just read that instead, if that's easier right now - right at the bottom of the thread).

In fact even the more "spiritual" people I've run across in daily life have said things that show that "it's just a cat" philosophy....But people said I needed to "let it go" and that I "talked about her an awful lot". If a child went missing, a spouse, a relative - *no-one* would say this.

Yes, I've had that experience, too. Even within healers groups, there are many who don't even consider animals as being worthy of healing services! When I mention it, they actually look surprised and it's obvious it's never even crossed their minds before, that someone might actually pay for such a thing! It's astonishing how little people THINK or OBSERVE or SENSE about the world around them. And while I definitely understand your sentiment about how a human child's loss impacts people differently, it's also been shocking to me to discover that even in child loss, many insensitive things have been flung at grieving parents as well. There just seems to be no end to the pile of base humans who are so afraid of being deeply touched by pain that they won't allow for anyone ELSE'S pain to surface, and so shrug it off, as if someone else's pain is 'contagious".

It's just that a lot of people's attachment to animals is not so deep. In fact my attachments to my pets are deeper than to most people....I really realize that people who don't grieve the loss of a pet are often those just not attached much to the pet. I also think if I was a pet, I know which person I'd rather spend my life with.

I couldn't agree MORE and I'll even take it a step further by saying that for me, there isn't any "most". I've never been as attached to ANY human as much as I've been to my animal babies. If humans always treated me as my kidlets did, it would be a different story, but they haven't (such is the nature of all us humans), and they all require MUCH more forgiving, whereas I can't think of even a single example of anything my kids ever did to me that required any forgiveness. So I'm neither afraid nor ashamed to admit my intense love and glowing admiration for animals vs. people, overall.

Sometimes I even think that idea of "group soul" for animals is another way to undermine each animal's individuality. Of course, I'm not sure about ants and things, so I may be wrong. smile.gif But I agree with you - those who are cut off from the sacredness of pets are, in my opinion, not seeing the "whole". I would rather grieve and cry my tears than be cut off from the love and joy these animals offer us, as so many people are....

Yah, I've thought that, too. On the other hand, even many, many ACers have seemed to discover that there's a 'group soul' for all SORTS of entities, however, it's comprised of a bunch of 'individuals' ACTING as a group, which is different than individual energies'/entities' existences somehow being 'wiped out' or 'overwritten' by some large 'unit'. So perhaps some of those who espouse the "group soul" have misunderstood what it's really all about, once again! And yes, even the pain of loss reminds us of the love that gave rise to that pain. Something most of us wouldn't trade having had for all the tea in China. But it still hurts.

On another note, I found this for you in case you might need or want it. It's a page from ALDF with some helpful info. for "When Your Companion Animal Has Been Harmed". Included is info. (which I haven't had time to read through) on how to find an attorney to help you, what to do if your companion has been killed, negligence by a vet who injured or caused your companion to die, etc. The page is here. I'm not sure if there's anything really helpful if the criminal hasn't been found yet, but I hope so. You might also share this with the family whose dog was shot as well, and maybe you can all mount some effective action together. Again, I hope so much SOMETHING in there will help in your search for justice for Ziggy (and the doggie, and your pain) , and equally, to find the killer and stop him/her in their tracks!

Ugh....I just feel SO badly for you and everyone else involved....this must be SO awfully hard for you, Jan.....SO hard.... I hope you can find as many other people (there) who are willing to help see justice served, so you'll be able to be around those who can understand the terrible heartache.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.