Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Thoughts Solicited.
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
Jon730
Today is the big day..Iggy is being clipped, chipped, and snipped.
The vets and technicians were all cooing about how friendly he is, but we shall see how he is after the anaesthesia.
For faster healing and less inflammation I am paying extra for the laser surgery.

I hated leaving him there, and we both do not like being apart from each other. We intend to take him camping with us soon.

I know it is all trivial, but Iggy and I have an extra special relationship, as he was the one who dug me out of the emotional hole after I lost Milels.
I know I make a huge fuss about him, but now that he is there, the "What If" thoughts show up unbidden, and they are terrible.
I will know how he is in about four hours and should be bringing him home tonight.
So thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.
Muffins
Hi Jon!

You can bet that your handsome lil' guy, Iggy wub.gif is in our prayers this morning, and like you, we'll be happy to hear when you have him home in your arms, safe & sound, right where he belongs...

We intend to take him camping with us soon.

That sounds like a lot of fun -- I know Iggy wub.gif will be a very happy camper.

Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way,

Denise

goliath

Good morning Jon,

Big hugs and positive thoughts for both you and Iggy. He'll be home before you know it. Look at it this way...........Iggy will weigh in just a little bit less when he gets home than he did before he left.

Don't let Iggy tell Browser about it though cuz he's next. ohmy.gif

Thinking of both of you,
Beth
LoveThem
I had my two boys go through this, about Iggy's age...and everything was fine.

I know Iggy will come through with flying colors.

So be prepared for your little pink-nosed sweetheart to be getting into everything again
very soon.

This reminds me of the fact that afterwards...whenever I took the boys in for anything, the first question asked was...Is he neutered? I, of course, said..Yes and then, I swear..every time
the next thing the questioner did was reach down and grab my boy's privates..between the legs..like looking just to make sure nothing "round" was felt, I guess.

I laughed at that action, feeling it was really uncalled for..to feel his privates..but it happened every time.

Better warn Iggy to keep his legs crossed in the future and his tail tucked in..cause there are grabby people in the medical offices. huh.gif

Hugs, kisses, and prayers for Iggy. But I truly feel very good about it for him. There are no questions in my mind..that's how sure I feel.

So, Happy Thoughts, Jon.

Judy
Jon730
This reminds me of the fact that afterwards...whenever I took the boys in for anything, the first question asked was...Is he neutered? I, of course, said..Yes and then, I swear..every time
the next thing the questioner did was reach down and grab my boy's privates..between the legs..like looking just to make sure nothing "round" was felt, I guess.

I should have used that line when I was single.

I called the Vet and he is fine and I can go get him in a couple of hours. I miss him. I hope he is happy to see me.
I will ask them if he can travel in a coupe of days-We need a vacation!

Thank you everyone!
Jon730
OK, he is home, and so happy to be here that I can hear him purring from ten feet away.
"Your pet may be listless for 24 hours from anaesthesia".
If Only.
I was looking forward to taking a nap with him, but all he wanted to do was play the "Attack the Feet" game.
After complaining and trying to get out of the Cat Shuttle all the way home, after he attacked my feet, he climbed back into it and finally took a five minute nap.

All Clear. wub.gif
LoveThem
I didn't doubt it for a minute. I hope you can convince him to rest at least for 24 hours but
"attack the feet" doesn't sound like he is into it. He should be eventually. After all,
he did have an operation..the little dickins.

He sounds like a kid in a candy store...happy to be there (like home)..decides he want to eat all the candy at once (activity), and wonders why his tummy feels funny later on (a nap will help).

wub.gif
goliath
So glad to hear Iggy is home with you safe and sound. How are the feet today?
Jon730
QUOTE (goliath @ Aug 12 2008, 11:27 AM) *
So glad to hear Iggy is home with you safe and sound. How are the feet today?

Iggy's favorite game has been preempted by Global W******X I mean "Climate Change", and I am no longer wearing sandals and shorts, so he has to behave. It was in the 50's this morning here.

His "Bite The Feet" trick does not work with shoes, so he gave up in frustration and went back to his little house. I look forward to Fall.
His mood is obnoxiously good, like the drunk at the party who knows all the jokes.

It is not otherwise a happy morning, as we have had a triple fatal plane crash locally and involved the airport I used to fly out of (1B9) (back when I had money), in the parking lot of the supermarket where I shop..I still know a few pilots there. Cessna 152 or 172...cannot tell from the wreckage. Fire at impact.
goliath

Glad to hear Iggy is still obnoxiously good. Are you sure you haven't left a little of the bubbly laying around somewhere?

I was saddened to hear of that angel flight today myself. My prayers go out to the pilot's family as well as the couple's family who lost their lives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.