Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Girlfriend
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
ann
Hi There, long story short. Been housing my neice's cat Piper for almost 2 yrs now. Well her family came for a visit and just as I had suspected, they no longer felt the need for her to be in there life anymore. She is 7yrs old. Pretty mellow, bites when you pet her wrong. But for me she is a good cat. Easy maintence. I call her "girlfriend" a lot. She's adjusted well here, but has a tendency to fight with all the neighboring cats. I took this picture last year. It makes me laugh everytime I look at it. -Just thought I would share, perhaps it'll put a smile on your face too.Click to view attachmenttwisted sister!..Ann
Jon730
QUOTE (ann @ Aug 3 2008, 02:22 AM) *
Hi There, long story short. Been housing my neice's cat Piper for almost 2 yrs now. Well her family came for a visit and just as I had suspected, they no longer felt the need for her to be in there life anymore. She is 7yrs old. Pretty mellow, bites when you pet her wrong. But for me she is a good cat. Easy maintence. I call her "girlfriend" a lot. She's adjusted well here, but has a tendency to fight with all the neighboring cats. I took this picture last year. It makes me laugh everytime I look at it. -Just thought I would share, perhaps it'll put a smile on your face too

My Molly was just like that, and was a female Tabby also! Molly would flop down beside me, then roll against me. If I petted her "wrong" (And the rules changed often) she would leave in a huff, or bat me with her paw.

She was otherwise a "ghost cat" when people visited, so was also low maintenance. Funny..once in a while, someone would visit, and she would make a judgement and accept them, and crawl into their lap. She seemed to have a thing for people on the overweight side, but otherwise we could never predict whether she would hide till they left, or adopt them.

Molly also did not play well with others, so we found a one-cat home for her. She was being spoiled the last we heard, and becoming a blimp, herself.
I think Tabbies are beautiful, and sometimes I just liked to look at her and admire her. They are some kind of throwback to a wild ancestor, and cat lovers see a basic primal CAT in them.

I wish there were cat shows for some of these "unpapered" basic cats, some of whom are exceptionally beautiful.
LoveThem
LOVE the picture, Ann!

I suppose that cute little exposed tummy is one of the "wrong" ways to pet her but it does look sooooooooooooooooooo
inviting!

Thanks for sharing the picture. It is wonderful to see you are keeping her in your home...if she is anything like my new
Lucky...she probably thinks she owns the home rolleyes.gif

Hugs to you and Piper...and rub that little tummy for me....if you dare blink.gif

Judy
forduffy
What a happy ending! I am so glad that there are people like you to give Piper a loving home. She is absolutely beautiful! I love how you call her Girlfriend. That is really adorable. Enjoy her.
ann
This struck me so funny, I hope someone else will get a kick out of it. Well, it may not be that funny to some but what the heck it makes me laugh. Last week Piper had a vet appointment. Routine shots no big deal. My Dad takes her in. The employees there probably thought to themselves "aw, an old man with a cat" (how bad can this be).. Well, they took her out of the cage and she turned into the tazmanian devil. scratching and clawing and biting everyone in reach. It took 3 vet techs to hold her down wrapped in a towel to give her a shot. It would have been 4 but the tech who went to check her heart had to tend to her wounds. They had to "make a note" of it in her file. Dad was quite embarrassed. Looks like it's my turn to take her next year. laugh.gif .. Ann
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.