Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Love My Black Cats
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > CyberShoulder Room
LoveThem
When I lost my Little Guy ...he was the last of 3 siblings born in my back yard in 1991. All 3 were black and I just adored them.

When I was looking for items to remind me of them I came across a couple of web sites that had cute items...especially about black cats.

One was when I was looking for a Calendar of all black cats..either this or actually having one made up of mine with pictures I have. But this cover reminded me of my Little Girl who loved
to pose like a Halloween Cat.

Click to view attachment

This Calendar place is located at:
http://www.calendars.com/product.asp?IID=3...d=2768&CE=1

Then another I saw had all kinds of things..magnets, key chains, t-shirts, and I really like the black cat picture frame. Also has a clock.

This one would be at: http://www.animalden.com/blackcat.html

Of course, both places have all kinds of animals and all colors too.
Ken Albin
This really made me smile. We have two solid black cats that are father and son and also two sisters who are almost all black with a little patch of white on their chests. Superstitious people hate black cats so we always have trouble finding homes for them at the rescue group we volunteer for. That's how we wound up with so many black cats here. You know, the color makes no difference to their personalities. The dad Velvet and one of the sisters, Ellen, are lap cats. His son Beau is mellow and Elvira, the mistress of the dark, lives up to her name by constantly playing and generally being a little vixen. Here is Velvet and Beau.

All the best,
Ken Albin
LoveThem
Oh, Ken....I love that picture. Strange how so many of these black cats really DO look like each other..not just the color but in the face and also the body shape.

That's a shame about adoptions. I know my SPCA said they didn't put many black cat pictures on their web site cause they don't "photograph" well, being black. Well, I know if anyone looks at my pictures of Little Guy and his siblings and my new boy, Lucky..I don't think anyone could say they don't "photograph" well.

I know here at Halloween they won't adopt out black cats cause they say people use them at Halloween and not in a good way so I am glad there is some protection. But it is sad to think people hang on to the myth of black cats not being good luck. And so, they don't adopt them as fast. When I adopted Lucky...the same lady who was there when I was there the first time..was back and she had been looking at a black cat to adopt...not necessarily because of the color...but that's who she connected with in one of the rooms. Well, she was back the same day as me and for the same reason...adopting the cat she saw earlier and me adopting Lucky.

Thanks for stopping by. I have had a lot of comments from others, especially with black cats, about my Little Guy so I thought maybe people who had a special place for them in their lives would enjoy seeing these web sites. Of course, all cats, dogs, etc. of all colors are represented there too.

I think people comment cause ...like I see here so often...the black cats do look very much alike. When I look at your picture here, I see a very close resemblance to mine.

Judy
Jon730
That's a shame about adoptions. I know my SPCA said they didn't put many black cat pictures on their web site cause they don't "photograph" well, being black. Well, I know if anyone looks at my pictures of Little Guy and his siblings and my new boy, Lucky..I don't think anyone could say they don't "photograph" well.

Snort.

Merlin the Bombay:
Click to view attachment

Murphy:
Click to view attachment

Miles:
Click to view attachment

Iggy: (Well, 90% black anyway!)
Click to view attachment

Jon730
my SPCA said they didn't put many black cat pictures on their web site cause they don't "photograph" well, being black.

Click to view attachment

laugh.gif
LoveThem
Thanks, Jon...I really enjoyed seeing the pictures and comments and ...laughing! rolleyes.gif

And speaking of the pictures...don't you just want to drown in those eyes? absolutely beautiful...all of them!
Mink&WillowsMom
Not photograph well?! *snort* I beg to differ with that SPCA lady..... This is my lovely Mink, the fellow who brought me here. I've always adored black kitties. wub.gif The second one is when he was just a wee tot, pouncing on a bug. Lovely Minkerdoodles.... ~Kim
LoveThem
There aren't enough words to describe these babies but the closest I can think of is..........

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for the gorgeous pictures. If we keep this up,,,,we will have enough right here..for a calendar! biggrin.gif

Mink&WillowsMom
Oh, and let's not forget Miss Sable, flirting on the cat tower!
Jon730
What a silky coat! It was hard to not pet the monitor. He looks like he has been flocked!

I lightnened the picture so I could admire his sculptured look. If you mind, I'll delete it-just PM me.
(It's not my property, after all..)
Click to view attachment
gillian
Since we're posting our black cats, here's my beautiful 6 year old Sasha.
gillian
Sebastian is more dark brown, but he looks black? - he's only 9 weeks old. smile.gif
LoveThem
Thanks, you guys! All of these pictures are adorable. I never tire of looking at pictures. Of course, kittens are ....cute little teeny tiny things but I love them all. Such gorgeous babies!

gillian
My favourite Pic of Sasha, looking very pleased with herself.
LoveThem
Oh, yeah...I can see a lot of thought behind that look in Sasha's gorgeous eyes.

She is a beauty!

nickels
I've had two black kitties. They are very special and I miss them both. Here is a group you guys might want to check out.

http://www.catster.com/group/The_order_of_the_black_cat-3131
nickels
QUOTE (gillian @ Aug 7 2008, 07:08 AM) *
Since we're posting our black cats, here's my beautiful 6 year old Sasha.

Please give us an update on Sebastian! Did you purchase that beatiful red couch to highlight this beautiful kitten. Who could blame you! What a cheesecake photo! wub.gif
oliver's mama
Black kitties are really pretty, they are always so shiny. I've known two and both were incredibly affectionate. I have a suspicious feeling that at some point in my life I will have one. (Remember her name, LoveThem?) It's funny how you feel extra smoochy looking at pictures of poster's cats that resemble one you love. wub.gif
LoveThem
Hi, Nickels:

Thanks for dropping by. I went to your link and went "black cat crazy!" ohmy.gif Beautiful babies!

Hi, Oliver's Mama: Hope you do get one... Well, I think a beautiful name for a girl would be...........................Olivia! (Wonder where I got that idea?) happy.gif

nyzki

I have had many black kitties in the past, and have one now BOO. Some stupid and ignorant superstitons never seem to die out. And it is for this reason that alot of black coated cats are so hard to adopt out. Back in the dark ages anyone who owned a black feline was considered to be in league with the Devil. So both owner and cat were put to death. It is for this reason that my cat Boo is kept inside on Halloween night since there are ignorant people who would do bodily harm to him.

I will always have a black cat. They have the most sweetest personalities and I dont know about you but they seem to be very intelligent. At least in Boos case this is true!

Boo, Poppy, Muse, Nyzki
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.