Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Kitten Falls From The Sky
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
cfholden
Hello all!
In November last year, my husband and I lost our very much loved 19 year cat Chris Craft. I found this group and it helped for a good long time. I thank you all who talked to me.
A lot of my friends asked us if we were going to get another cat. And we both said "No, we are not ready" but the question continued. After enough "No" answers, we said "If it's meant to be, a cat will find us. If a kittens falls into our lap, THEN we will get another cat." We both just could not IMAGINE a different cat than Chris Craft in our home.
Meanwhile, I had been feeding feral cats at my office (I took over the job from the former tenant) and I would allow these wild cats to come into the office and eat, play and sleep until it was time for me to go home. They would eat out of my hand but REFUSED to be touched. Every night when I left, I checked the whole office for stowaways, and went home.
Then one morning I came in and there were 4 brand new kittens (still wet) and the feral mother on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The mother (Foxie) must have really hid the night before , KNOWING that this would be a safe place to have her babies!! (they are SO smart)
So, FOUR kittens fell our of the "sky" and into our laps!!!!! They are now 7 weeks old and absolutely adorable!!
So. we have decided on two to keep, have found great homes for the other two, and are getting ready for Foxie's first vet visit, which will include neutering. Maybe we will find her a home. She is still feral, but we can pet her (and she LIKES it)
So I can only think that Chris Craft will OK with this. The two that we are keeping are very different than Chris Craft, but just as lovable. We will love them with all of our hearts.

Thank you all again for all the support last Fall. I will never forget it.

Cindy, Chris Craft's Mom and now Mom to Perkins and Dabola.
goliath
I am so sorry Chris Craft passed away last November. However I am soooooo glad about Perkins and Dabola coming into your lives.

May you be blessed with many wonderful years with both of them. wub.gif
Duncan-MyBuddy
Good evening cfholden,
Isn"t it great that miracles sometimes happen?... and when we least expect it!
Maybe, just could be, Chris Craft had something to do with it!

Take care,
-Ken
Candy's Dad
Thank you so much for sharing. It gives me hope that my sadness will one day turn to joy. It's easy to forget sometimes, especialy during grieving that there are so many animals that need our help and love. To give it as you have is very precious.

God bless.

Hal - Candy's Dady

cfholden
QUOTE (Duncan-MyBuddy @ Jun 18 2008, 09:59 PM) *
Good evening cfholden,
Isn"t it great that miracles sometimes happen?... and when we least expect it!
Maybe, just could be, Chris Craft had something to do with it!

Take care,
-Ken

Thank you guys for replying! and to Ken, I do think somehow Chris Craft had something to do with this!! So I'm not crazy for thinking this!!? And to make these kittens even more special, one of them, Dabola, has clearly picked me! He runs to me and purrs on my lap and snuggles on my shoulder. they are all friendly but this little Dabola has me hooked. And Perkins may have eye issues. She is a really beautiful little cat but her eyes focus outward, and the vet is very concerned about possible problems. We start some tests today. Don't know if she would have been adopted by someone else because of this, but we adore her and are going to do everything we can to figure this out and work with her.
She totally bonded with my husband on the first vet visit! So maybe she was "brought" to us to help her. Whatever the reasons are, it was certainly a wild thing to happen in my office. And we hope these kittens live long and healthy lives. And we will have known them since they were less than an hour old!!
Muffins
Hi Cindy:

So, FOUR kittens fell our of the "sky" and into our laps!!!!!

What a beautiful story! I totally agree with Ken, I'm certain that your beloved Chris Craft wub.gif had a paw in this happy.gif .

I LOVE that precious photo happy.gif .. Is that Perkins wub.gif or Dabola wub.gif ?
A cute caption would be, "Okay, okay ....I give up --- go ahead and scratch my belly laugh.gif .

Wishing you and yours much happiness & love,

Denise

myhrtisbrkn
Beyond adorable...I'm so happy for you, and for that little Mother and her babies. Who are going to have good lives and loving homes.

Way to go Chris Craft.
cfholden
Thanks!! I hope that photo isn't way too huge. (but isn't she cute?) That is Perkins. It's still hard to believe they were born in my office!!! I'll probably give Foxie (mother) back to her family, which means she become the "office kitty". So she'll be in good care (by me) I think she misses her litter mates, The other feral kitties. I'm becoming the "manager" of this colony. Trying to trap, neuter and return them to their fellow cats. But I am still learning all the logistics of this.
MEANWHILE......my husband and are blessed with these kittens that will go home with us and hopefully live long and healthy lives.
However, even with these new guys, and after almost 8 months, we still tear up thinking of Chris Craft. I guess that will never really stop.
goliath
Your babies are cute as can be. Isn't it wonderful to feel the joy and happiness they bring? Though it doesn't stop your tears it does bring a new sense of adventure and excitement. They see to it that the love lives on.

I lost my Goliath last November too. Though I think of him everyday and will love him forever, I know in my heart he was very happy when he knew we had adopted a new baby this last April. There is life and laughter once again in our home and hearts. Big brother would be very proud of his baby brother, Browser.

May all your days together bring you peace, love, and happiness together, wub.gif
Beth

Duncan-MyBuddy
Good evening cfholden,
I'll tell you what, i can't say i've ever been known to be a cat lover, but then again the same went for dogs unitl i acquired Duncan and Dolly who came with the property i purchased some eigtht years ago. I'll will say this, those are some cute kitties! You should be proud!

Good evening Beth,
Its really good to hear Browser came into your life! A new member of the family has a way of diminishing the once seemingly endless grief we have for our pets... who have gone through the gates of heaven just waiting for our future arrival!
In my case, my two surviving dogs have helped to fill that void!

Take care Ladies,
-Ken
LoveThem
Absolutely gorgeous pictures. I am so very happy for you and your new ones. They were looking for love and a home and..well..there you were....how blessed you all are finding each other.

They are darling and more darling.

Hugs and blessings to you and those sweet ones! wub.gif
sissycat
Those two are just cute as can be. Been 16 days since Sissy was taken from me. I do so want another cute cuddly kitten to love. People keep telling me I will know when it is time or somehow it will just happen. I hope they are right and it will happen for me as it happened for you. I'm sure he did have a "PAW" in on it. Once again there are sooooooo cute.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.