Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Animals Are Only Human, Too
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Websites, News and Other Info
Furkidlets' Mom
Martha Norwalk's credentials are impressive, but more than that, I've heard her on her radio show and she's absolutely wonderful! I've just read one of her articles from her website and have to say it's probably the BEST OVERALL ARTICLE ABOUT ANIMALS I've ever read! This woman really GETS it, big-time! You can read it here. And while you're at it, check her out! She also said (on radio) that she provides one FREE "evaluation" by phone! What more could you ask for?! She's a treasure, for sure.
goliath
WOW! What a great article FM. I also agree with all she had to say about our "pets." I know Goliath brought the best out in me and have always sensed how much they feel about everything that goes on around them. Because I have always had such a special connection with animals my entire life, they undoubtedly understand and feel much more than most give them credit for. Actually I believe animals are much more sensitive and compassionate than the majority of human beings. We have an opportunity to learn so much from them.

I have seen Martha on Animal Planet before and found her to be an exceptionally enlightened individual. It is people like her who may just be able to reach more people and open their minds to what an incredible experience it can be to have such a special connection with their "pets."

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful and enlightened testimony of a woman who does truly understand.
Furkidlets' Mom
Yes, I couldn't agree more with what she says in this article, too. She gives it to you straight and as I've always noticed, if you have some "credentials" behind your name, the more people listen. It's silly and not always any real measure of 'smarts', but it happens, so I'm glad she can act as a credible spokesperson for the animals and people who 'get' it already. Her ethics seem sound, too, and that's so rare to find.
...they undoubtedly understand and feel much more than most give them credit for. Actually I believe animals are much more sensitive and compassionate than the majority of human beings. We have an opportunity to learn so much from them.

Exactly, and no kidding! I was born with this sense, too. It's what makes it SO hard for me to understand how people CAN'T see all this for themselves! rolleyes.gif To me, it's plain as day.

One day, maybe we'll actually pay for more than just standard Cable in our house, so I can enjoy her, or anyone else, on Animal Planet, too! laugh.gif I actually just heard her radio show online (read about it here), when she had Dr. Ella Bittel and Dr. Tina Ellenbogen on, talking about hospice care education/promotion for our furbabies. It was a FABULOUS show (2.5 hrs long!), but unfortunately it isn't archived, as far as I know. Otherwise, I would have posted a link for it here. (I had posted about Dr. Bittel's vital work awhile ago, though) I'll have to try and tune in to her "Animal World" radio show more often, now that I know about it, and see what other guests she has on.

I also took a quick peek at her list of suggested books and was SO pleased to discover that I've had almost 3/4 of the list already for many years, including our vet's (Dr. Hamilton) book.....so I know she and I must be on the same page....oh, ha.
goliath
QUOTE (Furkidlets' Mom @ May 13 2008, 10:54 AM) *
Exactly, and no kidding! I was born with this sense, too. It's what makes it SO hard for me to understand how people CAN'T see all this for themselves! rolleyes.gif To me, it's plain as day.

It's plain as day to me also. However, I don't understand alot about some people either. Different people have their own ways of seeing and understanding what is important to them. So, I don't expect others to understand the way I look at nor feel about the love I have for these special little creatures. That's the beauty of embracing all people and respecting them in spite of our differences. Each of us is unique.

Keep bringing these wonderful articles you find. I always enjoy reading them. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.