Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bouncing Baby Browser
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3
goliath
We are so pleased to announce Browser's arrival into our hearts and loving home. He has brought many very important things with him: LAUGHTER~JOY~HAPPINESS~GRATITUDE~LOVE~INSPIRATION~HOPE. wub.gif

So, without further ado, please accept our invitiation to meet Browser. WARNING: The following content may cause many smiles and warm fuzzy feelings. Very suitable for most audiences. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

While browsing the Internet last week, a friend of mine came across a story of a Momma Chihuahua and her three precious puppies. They were staying in a rescue shelter, awaiting adoption. After I wrote a letter and filled out the application for adoption, I received a call informing me that out of over 300 applicants considered, all had agreed that this little baby boy chihuahua and I belonged together. This was the sign from Goliath I had been waiting for.

WE PROMISE TO:

LOVE AND CHERISH HIM~MAKE EACH DAY A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE~NURTURE HIS EVERY NEED~ALWAYS GIVE THANKS FOR SUCH A LITTLE MIRACLE OF LOVE wub.gif
goliath
This is not the end . . . . It is only the beginning of A NEW LIFE for us and for Browser. wub.gif

Click to view attachment
Jon730

Click to view attachment

(((SQUEEEEEEAL))!!! Have a long and happy life!!!! What a melter!
goliath
laugh.gif I am having so much fun here! That shoe is a size 7 and belongs to me. (At least it used to!) Jon he truly is a melter with a wonderful disposition. He is just 8 weeks old now and I have already potty trained him. Since he now recognizes his name he is awaiting calls from his fans.

Click to view attachment
goliath
YES! I am truly in 7th Heaven and Browser is having a ball!

Click to view attachment
katzen11
welcome
tiny, sweet, gorgeous babypuppy BROWSER wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
i wish you all the luck in the world !
i am staring at your photos, Browser,
yes, with a big smile and warm feelings, just like your proud mom said.
( i do like your darkbrown eyes, they look beautiful and somehow wise, imagine, that you are staying around here for only 8 weeks !)
much love
Eva

PS.:
this is a call from a fan, please, more pictures !
dear Beth, thank you for sharing
forduffy
Fan calling here!
Awwwwww, Beth! I am squealing. He is absolutely adorable! Such a gorgeous face! Wow-you were able to train him at such a young age-you got a smart puppy on your hands. That might amount to a little bit of mischief but tons of fun! Congratulations!
goliath
Browser says ARF ARF ARF (which translates to thank you...thankyou...thank you. I thank all of you as well for sharing in our joy of having this little puppy to love. He is such a vibrant and active little fellow who bears much watching. Yes Steph, he is very smart and catches onto things quickly. I can't wait til we can enroll in puppy kindergarten.

Yes Eva, I will be bringing more pics of Browser soon. Some of them still need downsizing, but I am anxious to share the smiles I know he brings. Browser has brought so much into our home and I love feeling like a teenager again. (Now, if I could only run around like one!)

I have to laugh at him in the mornings. When my hubby turns the alarm clock off and doesn't get up right away, Browser climbs up on his chest and pulls Jim's mustache with his teeth. I haven't figured out yet if he thinks the alarm is the signal for playtime or his way of saying "Cmon Dad, I gotta go potty!"

Hugs to all of you who came to share in our happiness. Browser has helped us to continue healing our wounds. I think Goliath's paw in God's hands selected this special little fella meant only for us. wub.gif
katzen11
QUOTE (goliath @ May 3 2008, 05:18 PM) *
Yes Eva, Browser has brought so much into our home and I love feeling like a teenager again.

yes, biggrin.gif , maybe thats it
feeling 17, no, it is ok the way it is,
our pets love us
that is a great gift
Eva

ARF ARF ARF
you did translate that for me, "thank you"
i still have no idea
what does it mean
what language is it ??
katzen11
QUOTE (goliath @ May 3 2008, 12:10 AM) *
We are so pleased to announce Browser's arrival into our hearts and loving home. He has brought many very important things with him: LAUGHTER~JOY~HAPPINESS~GRATITUDE~LOVE~INSPIRATION~HOPE. wub.gif

BROWSER is the best baby-boy-puppy
to the very best mom and dad and sister
sincerely,
Eva
and her beloved boy-cat Jimmy Klinger
goliath
QUOTE (katzen11 @ May 3 2008, 12:29 PM) *
ARF ARF ARF
you did translate that for me, "thank you"
i still have no idea
what does it mean
what language is it ??

Puppy language Eva. It is that high pitched sound they make during playtime or when they want to go potty. Hearing that sweet voice of Brower's just makes me smile from ear to ear. biggrin.gif
myhrtisbrkn
Beth,

What a huge rolleyes.gif blessing. I'm so pleased for you. I hope you have many happy, blessed years together. And I'm quite sure Goliath is rejoicing with you as well.

Dayna
goliath
Thanks Dayna.................Browser sure is blessing in every way. Goliath was always a very loving and sharing type of furrykid and wanted everybody to be happy. So, I know he would want me to be happy and share the love I have for him with little brother Browser.

Browser is an awesome little doggie and so is his big brother and his big sister. wub.gif
goliath
QUOTE (LoveThem @ May 4 2008, 09:50 PM) *
I wonder.....Who is in charge there...Browser or the ball? It almost looks bigger than him!

LOL laugh.gif I think the ball is in charge there because he often rolls right over the top of it. Browser has pulled all of Goliath's & Gidget's toys from the toy box and plays constantly. Even though the ball may be in charge, Browser didn't hesitate to let Gidget know that he wouldn't allow her to boss him around. This has worked out beautifully. Gidget is far more soft and loving and is playing again just as she did when she was a puppy herself. She and Browser groom each other and at least so far there have been no problems.

By the end of the very first day we brought Browser home, my hubby, Gidget, and Browser all took a nap together. Good sign huh? I just had to smile when I discovered all 3 of them asleep. wub.gif

Click to view attachment

forduffy
That picture is so adorable! I love it, Beth!
goliath
Steph and Judy. Neither of you have any idea just how much joy you bring me when you reply in my threads. Especially this particular thread right now. I actually start crying with tears of joy and happiness. Right now this thread is helping me to worry a little bit less about Gidget and her trip to the vet this Thursday. Will you both keep her in your prayers for me?Yes Judy, it is hard to sneak up on Gidget. She is always very alert to what is going on around her. The sweeter part of her comes out more and more each day. She is such an angel and mothers Browser like he was her very own. I love them both so much.

The following picture is of Gidget when she awakens in the morning. She is such an angel. wub.gif
Click to view attachment
forduffy
You got it, Beth. I hope everything is all right. Please give her a huge hug from me.
katzen11
QUOTE (goliath @ May 5 2008, 11:00 PM) *
LOL laugh.gif

By the end of the very first day we brought Browser home, my hubby, Gidget, and Browser all took a nap together. Good sign huh? I just had to smile when I discovered all 3 of them asleep. wub.gif

what a picture of harmony...i love it,
Eva
katzen11
QUOTE (goliath @ May 6 2008, 01:41 AM) *
Right now this thread is helping me to worry a little bit less about Gidget and her trip to the vet this Thursday. Will you both keep her in your prayers for me?
She is such an angel and mothers Browser like he was her very own. I love them both so much.

The following picture is of Gidget when she awakens in the morning. She is such an angel. wub.gif

Gidget wub.gif , sweet little girl-chihuahua, mother for Browser, and sister for Goliath, be well.
i wish you all the best luck for your vet-visit on thursday.
Eva
goliath
Thanks Steph, Judy, and Eva.....................I really appreciate the support you are giving me right now. I love you all for it because I need you. Today is such a mixed bag of emotions. It is the 6 month anniversary of Goliath's death, worried about the lump in Gidget's lymphnode, and the little squirt (Browser) who's energy is endless. LOL I am finding myself pulled in 3 directions of feelings and need to get a grip here.

Browser is busy busy busy ALL the time unless he is napping. I do have more pics and will share them with you as soon as I get a chance to. Sometime tonight, I need to put some time aside and address the feelings I am having about Goliath on this angelversary. I still cannot believe 6 months have gone by and I am missing him so much today.

Thanks again for all the love and support you have shown me. All 3 of you have been wonderful friends and I am happy to have met each one of you. wub.gif
goliath
QUOTE (LoveThem @ May 6 2008, 05:09 PM) *
Take a deep breath and relax and think about what you read here. Hope something helps.[/i]

Thanks Judy I appreciate your suggestions. When I come here I do find myself able to relax on hectic days such as this one. Most of the time I handle stress pretty well. But today was hectic from the time I rolled out of bed this morning. I just want to make sure I take some time for Goliath this evening. Jim is home now and watching the BUSY BOY while Gidget is asleep in his lap.

There is nothing in this world I love more than watching Browser play. He is very happy and healthy but bears constant watching. laugh.gif I do smile and laugh alot at him all the time. He really is such a joy and source of happiness for me and I realize he doesn't know that sometimes there are things I need to do. LOL he doesn't need the calming............I DO!
As far as Gidget goes I know there is nothing I can do except hold her and love her right now. She is happy and I love seeing her mother Browser. When she corrects him or grooms his ears I smile from ear to ear. biggrin.gif

Days like this are a challenge for me because I am not very good at multi tasking so many powerful and different emotions all at the same time. This too shall pass.

Thanks again Judy for your wonderful and caring support. I will end this response to you by sending a smile your way. tongue.gif

Click to view attachment
sashasue
hi beth,
my thoughts and prayers are with you and i hope all turns out well for you at the vets.
that bowser sure is a cutie pie.
how long was it before you welcomed him in your home?
goliath
Thanks for coming by Judy and Sue. He sure is a cutey, but then again I might just be a little partial. He is such a little dickens. Yes Judy he sure can play the innocent role. Today he got hold of a roll of toilet paper while he was at work with my hubby. The roll was completely undone and he got himself wound up in it in the blink of an eye. After my hubby got him untangled, he just went and found something else to get into. Gidget & Browser both go to work with Jim when he is in town. So, Browser gets plenty of opportunities to wear himself out. That's a good thing because Browser sleeps through the entire night.

Sue, I had not planned to get Browser quite yet. But after reading about him on the internet I was convinced that this was the sign I had been waiting for from Goliath. Browser has been with us for 1 1/2 weeks now and we loved him at first sight. Turned out he was the perfect fit for all of us and for him.

Goliath passed away 6 months ago today and I know he is pleased that this little fella has brought all of us so much laughter and excitement.

I appreciate the comforting words from both of you too regarding Gidget. smile.gif
goliath
RUB A DUB DUB.....................BROWSER'S IN THE TUB tongue.gif Tiny bubbles.........

Click to view attachment
Jon730
The following picture is of Gidget when she awakens in the morning. She is such an angel.

What an adorable picture! She wakes up in a MUCH better mood than our Sam does!

This is a real morning photo, to which my wife added the commentary:

Now maybe this is a Dog vs. Cat Thing. At least first thing!
goliath
LOL laugh.gif Jon that's hillarious.

Gidget may be an angel in the morning. But you should see the transition in her attitude at night if somebody disturbs her beauty sleep. dry.gif

Click to view attachment
Jon730
QUOTE (goliath @ May 12 2008, 06:55 PM) *
LOL laugh.gif Jon that's hillarious.

Gidget may be an angel in the morning. But you should see the transition in her attitude at night if somebody disturbs her beauty sleep. dry.gif

Click to view attachment

EEEK! I have one of those, made of cement, that functions as a fountain in my Koi Pond! Note the "EARS"...

goliath
LOL laugh.gif That cement thing in your koi pond just about describes her too. I swear she becomes possessed when the sun goes down.
katzen11
oh, Beth,
Browser in the tub huh.gif
i can realize now, how tiny he is!!!
and the photo of Gidget`s disturbed beauty-sleep wub.gif
she does look somehow upset ? ha ? ohmy.gif
yours, Eva
goliath
QUOTE (katzen11 @ May 13 2008, 12:55 PM) *
oh, Beth,
Browser in the tub huh.gif
i can realize now, how tiny he is!!!

Browser loves his baths and also will sneak into the shower with my hubby. He's quite a little character.

The other day he got all the toys out of the box and started playing with a pluch pumpkin. He put his head in the mouth of the pumkin and got it stuck on his head. LOL laugh.gif He started moving around so fast and I was laughing so hard I couldn't even take a picture of him. No doubt he will do it again though.

Browser loves the plush toys, especially his hamburger.

IT'S BURGER TIME!!!

Click to view attachment
goliath
Thanks Judy..............I will bring more pics. There are more on my camera, but I want to wait til there are more on it before I make a disc. Browser is such a little firecracker all the time. He's so happy here with us and so are we.
forduffy
Wow, Beth-where to begin? First off, I am loving all of the Browser pics-he is too precious! I can't believe how small he is and how big his personality is becoming. We are moving Saturday so I will be adopting very soon and I have to say, a Chihuahua would be a very welcome baby in our home. We are planning a multi furbaby home so I just can't wait to get settled. I love the bath picture and the insanely huge hamburger.

As for Gidget-that has to be the funniest picture I have ever seen. She is a force to be reckoned with after dark-a little diva! She is in my thoughts and I hope that she is well. I am so happy that she is taking care of Browser and something tells me that by adopting him, you just gave her a role that she could naturally-and happily- fill as his adopted mom.

I am so happy for your family. You all deserve to be happy and enjoy the wonderful moments in life such as these. I send you many, many hugs!
Take care,
Stephanie
goliath
QUOTE (forduffy @ May 14 2008, 08:20 PM) *
We are moving Saturday so I will be adopting very soon and I have to say, a Chihuahua would be a very welcome baby in our home. We are planning a multi furbaby home so I just can't wait to get settled.

I am so happy for your family. You all deserve to be happy and enjoy the wonderful moments in life such as these.

Hey Stephanie...............Thanks for dropping by. I have been kind of in a slump today thinking about Gidget's surgery tomorrow. I am off work now til next Tuesday so I can spend some quality time nursing her and cuddling with her. Browser will go with his daddy so she can get some rest afterward.

Are you really considering a chihuahua for adoption? Doggone it, I wish you were here. Browser has a sister who was fostered out and they brought her back. She is just a living doll and is even smaller than Browser. If she isn't adopted out soon, I may have to go get her myself.

You're right when you say Gidget took a role of a mommy. We were so relieved when the two of them hit it off so well. They bring the best out of each other and we love watching them play so well together. It does feel so good to enjoy the goodness in these wonderful moments in my life. I just hope my bubble doesn't burst with bad news about Gidget's tumor. Right now, I just will feel a little relief once the surgery is over.

Good luck with your move on Saturday. Keep me posted on your additions of new multi furbabies. It sounds like just the environment I love to be around.

Hugs right back atcha Steph...............You take care too. wub.gif

forduffy
Gidget will be in my prayers today, Beth. Please keep us posted as to how the surgery goes. I remember during Duffy's multiple surgeries, I would bite all of my nails off.
Browser's sister sounds perfect. Let's see...how far away is Michigan from New York.....hmmm...I wasn't planning a trip this year anywhere, but... I am really bad-when it comes to letting my heart lead me and trying to figure out if this could be done.

I am wishing you and your family many positive thoughts to get you through the day. I'll be thinking of you.
katzen11
QUOTE (forduffy @ May 15 2008, 01:41 PM) *
Gidget will be in my prayers today, Beth. Please keep us posted as to how the surgery goes.

I am wishing you and your family many positive thoughts to get you through the day. I'll be thinking of you.

that`s what i am doing today, too.
thinking of you,
yours Eva
goliath
Thanks so much Steph and Eva...................As soon as I sign off here Gidget will be on her way with your prayers and have her surgery. Because of great friends like you, it makes this just a little bit easier for me to cope with. While I have to admit I am a tad bit worried, overall I am staying pretty optimistic.

Steph.........If you really think Browser's sister is a possibility, let me know. New York is not that far and perhaps we could meet half way. When I read about Browser and his two sisters, I wanted all 3 of them. LOL...But as long as I am working outside my home, this is not possible. However, there was no doubt in my mind when I saw Browser, that he was meant for me and I for him.

How much fun would that be if I had Browser and you had his sister??? Hmmmmmmmmmm......makes me smile just thinkin' about that.

Love ya girlfriends.................I will post later this evening after Gidget is home and resting.
goliath
Hello my friends! Gidget came through her surgery very well. The doc did a scan of the rest of her body and found a very small shading on her sternum. He said for now he will watch it closely. The tumor that was in her lymphnode, about the size of a nickel, was sent out to be a n a l y z e d. Doc says he is 99% sure he got it all. It took 9 stitches to close her sweet little face up. Her mood is very upbeat and she was sooooooooo happy to see my hubby and I. Kinda tore me up when I first saw her, but I took her in my arms and smothered her with kisses galore. She had lots for me too.

NOW comes the hard part. I somehow have to keep Browser out of her face. Gidget has already let him know that she isn't interested in playing right now, but he has other ideas. The cone will help some, but she really doesn't like it very much. Browser did go up and lay by Gidget and licked her boo boo. So, maybe he will understand that he must stay away from it. We will watch closely to make sure nothing happens to those stitches and that she gets all the rest she needs for the next two weeks. Also, we will try and see to it that Browser gets all the playtime he needs while she is recovering.

She is resting right now. My husband took Browser to the pet store for a little bit of Pop & Son quality time while she sleeps like the angel she is.

I am so thankful for all of you who care so much about my family and me. It is so soothing for me to know that I have such wonderful and loving friends here who truly make a difference in my life. I know in my heart that I never will be alone as long as I have all of you with me.

Much love to all of you with lots of warm hugs. wub.gif
forduffy
Such great news, Beth! I know how heartbreaking it is to see your baby with stitches but it's a temporary discomfort and I am so happy that little Gidget is doing well!

I do see Browser's sister as a possibility but I am not sure how to do this. I will send you a PM to discuss further because I am interested. It would be so wonderful to see these little siblings grow together.
goliath
Stephanie.................I returned your PM and am ecstatic about thinking of this being a possibility for you and your family to adopt Browser's sister. What a wonderful story we would have to tell everybody!

To Judy & Stephanie...............Thank you both so much for sending words of encouragment to me and Gidget. The support and love from everybody helped me so much. She is in pain tonight and laying very low. She's walking a little bit, but has her tail tucked way between her legs. Browser is playing nicely on the floor as Gidget is sleeping in my hubby's lap.

We are still praying that the outcome will be good. One of her lymphnodes is still enlarged. Hopefully, after having had the injection of an antibiotic it will reduce in size. The shading on her sternum will bear watching and he wants us to check her regularly all over her body for any changes. She's my little trooper who has been through many close calls in her life, so I am optimistic that all will be ok again this time.

Smoooooooooches to you both! happy.gif
Jon730
Doc says he is 99% sure he got it all. It took 9 stitches to close her sweet little face up. Her mood is very upbeat and she was sooooooooo happy to see my hubby and I. Kinda tore me up when I first saw her, but I took her in my arms and smothered her with kisses galore. She had lots for me too.

And the best part is she was cheerful and NOT WORRIED..hint hint, listen to her! Our fuzzies are such optimists, but I would take the Vet's 99% as it is and work on that assumption!
E.M
Fabulous news!

Wishing gidget a speedy recovery, the worst is over and it is all good from here on in.

Sending those positive healing vibes your way.
goliath

Thanks Jon and E.M. Though she was cheery last night, Gidget isn't moving much today at all. I called the vet and am taking her in shortly. She finally did eat a little bit of food after I put some broth on it. But, I was more concerned that she wasn't drinking any water. Doc will take a look at her and give her something for pain. We just want to be sure all is okay.

I'm glad Browser is with his Dad at work today. Juggling the two of them with needs so different would be very difficult for me today.

I appreciate the encouragment from you both very much. Thanks again.
goliath
Hi Everybody!

Gidget is feeling much better today. She and Browser spent the day in the yard with us after Browser and I went to the farmers market early this morning.

Browser was so cute and got so much attention from all the shoppers. He was completely worn out by the time we got home. Everybody was petting him. LOL laugh.gif He gave out so many kisses to other people. I had to say, "Save some of those kisses for Momma!"

One of the booths there sold homemade doggie treats. The owner gave Browser some of them to taste. Then we bought some carrot muffins for Gidget. Carrots are her absolute favorite snack.

GIDGET SAYS THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
wub.gif
Click to view attachment

Jon730
Oh, what a melting expression!!! That really proves a point..Of COURSE dogs smile!

When my wife was young a local vet told her dogs did not smile.

She called him an idiot, took her Saint Bernard, and walked out.
katzen11
QUOTE (goliath @ May 17 2008, 08:59 PM) *
Hi Everybody!

Gidget is feeling much better today.

i am sooooo glad.
ahhhhh, what a great photo of Gidget wub.gif i just love it.
you know, babies are so cute, but with those we have been together for many years, those a little bit older pets
do have a special beauty, wisdom, bonding, they are so beautiful till the day after....

about smiling,
i can see, that dogs smile and cats are smiling,
but why, because of their bone-structure, their muscles ???
like cats, purring, when they are happy, and purr, when they are feeling very bad ?
i do not know.
yours, Eva with her cat-prince Jimmy
katzen11
QUOTE (goliath @ May 17 2008, 08:59 PM) *
Browser was so cute and got so much attention from all the shoppers. He gave out so many kisses to other people. I had to say, "Save some of those kisses for Momma!"

Browser will be the world-best-champion-kisser biggrin.gif .
Eva

goliath
QUOTE (Jon730 @ May 17 2008, 06:15 PM) *
Oh, what a melting expression!!! That really proves a point..Of COURSE dogs smile!
When my wife was young a local vet told her dogs did not smile.
She called him an idiot, took her Saint Bernard, and walked out.

I think I may have had the same response. The many expressions these little humans in furry suits wear say so much. One of these days I am going to capture a picture of Gidget when she has one of those looks like an old lady who looks out the top of her glasses, nose down, eyes looking up. That one is the absolute funniest expression she wears, except when she is in a bad mood and curls her top lip up. When she does that, she looks like a little possum.

I had a black cat once named Trucker. He used to sit next to the dining room table when we were having dinner. He would look up at us and chew right along with us; except he didn't have any food in his mouth. laugh.gif
goliath
QUOTE (katzen11 @ May 17 2008, 07:09 PM) *
Browser will be the world-best-champion-kisser biggrin.gif .
Eva

Well.................He sure is working on that. At market today he not only gave all those kisses away, but met a little female toy yorkie. LOL............Browser walked right up to her and both of them started kissing each other. AND she was much much older. Guess he has a flare for the more mature type. Her owners said that was the first time in 10 years she has ever let another dog come anywhere near her. YES, he is a little loverboy. Someday he may just become the world-best-champion-kisser. wub.gif
goliath
QUOTE (LoveThem @ May 18 2008, 11:09 AM) *
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Gidget is feeling better. I was getting worried not hearing.
That picture is absolutely priceless! I love it. She just looks perfect in it...a perfect picture of a perfect lady!

I was worried too Judy. Gidget has had strange reactions before after having been sedated. Her face is still quite tender where they removed her tumor, but her appetite is good. We are trying to keep Browser away from her as much as possible because he wants to play with her and everytime he does, she winds up crying out in pain.

This morning we took Browser over to the east side of Detroit for Flower Days at Eastern Market. Over 50 people stopped to visit with us and shared stories of their beloved pets with me. Some of their stories were of pets that are still with them and others shared their feelings of grief and sadness having had lost a special love. It was refreshing to see so many out there who truly love animals and spent the time talking about it with me. Every single person left with a smile so big it barely fit on their face. biggrin.gif

That's two days in a row that Browser was such a big hit out in public with large groups of people. I had him tucked under my sweatshirt so that only his little head was sticking out the top. He is so good natured and not afraid of people at all. My boy sure is a little charmer! wub.gif
goliath
All of us send the hugs right back at you Judy. It's been a real juggling act to give both of them the attention they deserve since both have very different kinds of needs right now. But where there is a will there is a way and we are all coping quite nicely. Everybody sleeps well and together in this house. Each day gets just a little bit better.

Much love to you and my other friends here who have helped me so much. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.