Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do Animals Go To Heaven?
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > CyberShoulder Room
gillian
In the Bible, we do not hear of Jesus speaking of saving animals, and indeed most of us (not including me, as I'm Ovo Vegetarian) eat animals. I don't believe we need to as I'm very healthy and I was a small child the last time I ate meat.

So for those who believe in God, do our animals join us in Heaven? And if they do, why only our pets? Why not those animals consumed?

Forgive me if I sound controversial. But will I see Bono in Heaven? I'd very much love to. I'm banking on seeing him again. Or just because he is not human, will he be denied eternity?
Jon730
So for those who believe in God, do our animals join us in Heaven? And if they do, why only our pets? Why not those animals consumed?

Forgive me if I sound controversial. But will I see Bono in Heaven? I'd very much love to. I'm banking on seeing him again. Or just because he is not human, will he be denied eternity?

It depends.

Heh. Tiptoeing between and avoiding Jesuit and Talmudic- like debates!

Some sources cite Scripture that "proves" animal have no souls.

However, some sources cite these:

ROMANS 8:19-21 "the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the *** of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
(KJV).

LUKE 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'" (NKJ)

ACTS 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. (KJV)

REV. 21:5 And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. (KJV)

ECCLESIASTES 3:18 I said in my heart, "Concerning the condition of the sons of men, God tests them, that they may see that they themselves are like animals”. (NKJ)

ECCLESIASTES 3:19-20 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath, man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust and to dust all return. (NIV)

LUKE 3:6 "all flesh shall see the salvation of God." (KJV)

PSALM 36:6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments are like the great deep; you save humans and animals alike, O LORD. (NRS)

GENESIS 1:30 and to every animal of the earth, and to every fowl of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth on the earth, in which is a living soul, every green herb for food. And it was so. (DBY)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My personal "take" on it is that when we form a close bond with an animal we become "Soulmates". We imprint a part of our soul and personality on the animal, and there is an interaction. It is like a mutual programming.
Friends of mine say it is an open question whether I trained Miles or she trained me.

Therefore, cutting through all of it, and avoiding being anywhere near Aquinas or Akiba, she has become an honorary human and is an integral part of my gestalt soul.
If that is wrong, I am prepared to take it up with The Boss someday.
goliath
You said it all Jon. There is not a thing I can add to it except.............

AMEN smile.gif
Pammie
I truly believe that pets go to heaven.
From the humblest ant, to our beloved cats, dogs, goldfish, lizards, hamsters, etc to the mighty elephant.
After my dog died, I would dream about her in a garden on a hill laying in the sun. I believe she sent me that to let me know she made it and she's happy and content there.
Also, I also watched the movie and read the book "What Dreams May Come" and I really relate to that and it's my personal belief of what heaven is like. I also read a lot of Sylvia Browne and she will be the first the tell you that yes, they do make it to the Other Side.
I keep thinking that it's been so long since I last held my baby girl, but every day without her is a day closer to when I will see her again.
Pammie
ann
QUOTE (Pammie @ Jul 30 2008, 01:52 PM) *
I truly believe that pets go to heaven.
From the humblest ant, to our beloved cats, dogs, goldfish, lizards, hamsters, etc to the mighty elephant.
After my dog died, I would dream about her in a garden on a hill laying in the sun. I believe she sent me that to let me know she made it and she's happy and content there.
Also, I also watched the movie and read the book "What Dreams May Come" and I really relate to that and it's my personal belief of what heaven is like. I also read a lot of Sylvia Browne and she will be the first the tell you that yes, they do make it to the Other Side.
I keep thinking that it's been so long since I last held my baby girl, but every day without her is a day closer to when I will see her again.
Pammie

I am not a religious person. However, I do not judge anyones beliefs. I may say to you God bless you and your loved one and honestly mean it, because you may believe it. I sometimes think heaven is a creation made up by humans because they fear death, it is so final, there has to be something more. An then there are the "signs" from past humans and animals alike, and it makes you wonder. We joked that Arthur could be torturing all those chipmonks all over again. Well, we all find out someday, and if there is a heaven, I hope everyone has a joyeous reunion with all their loved ones. And the one's we've consumed for our survial will forgive us. By the way I will never put another lobster in a pot of boiling water again..Ann
ashtonrebecca
Call me crazy, but I don't think I would like Heaven very much if it didn't have my horse and cat in it.
moon_beam
Hi, gillian, there is no doubt that all of God's created creatures - - animals - - including our furkids - - are in heaven. To add to Jon's Scripture references, Revelation 5:13 confirms this: "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I (John, the writer of the Book) saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever." The word creature translates out to every created living being - - the animals - - and not just some but every creature will not only be in heaven but will be around our Saviour's throne. Also, John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son. . . " The word world translates out to creation - - not just humans. And yes, all of God's creation bears His identity in some form and fashion - - how could they not? Because of this, our precious furkids do have souls - - which reflect the unconditional warmth of His love in our lives that we do not experience with our human family members and friends. I have a picture of St. Francis of Assisi surrounded by many different animals on my computer, and I made a caption for it that reads: "The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face." Oh yes, and one other thing: God's son was born in a stable not because his parents were poor but so that all of God's creation could know that their Creator was once again among them on this side of eternity, and during Christ's ministry He frequently identified Himself and His father with animals and plants and vines - - not just humans. And this could not have been done effectively if He had been born in a hotel room or a mansion. I was raised a Christian and baptized within a denominational church. But my viewpoints on this very discussion have gotten me banned from several different churches because I do not believe what many recognized denominational religions believe and preach. But I am willing to pay this price because I believe in what I have shared with you. And I hope what I have shared with you will also bring hope and peace to your hearts.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
brinybay
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935.
karen - casey
I just lost my beloved Casey to Lung Cancer last Thursday. My husband purchased a DVD from Dr Jack Van Impe for me and it arrived shortly have Casey made his journey to heaven. It is called Animals in Heaven? It was very informative and "YES" your beloved pets will be in heaven to greet you!!!!
LoveThem
I didn't realize Will Rogers said that about dogs.

I always think that for all of my special friends I have lost....I want to go where they go.

Thanks for sharing the author of that beautiful thought.

Judy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.