Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Posting Pics
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Websites, News and Other Info
nyzki
I,
was going through some pictures and found some pics of Boo and his brother as kittens. I would love to put them up on this site. But I dont know how to do this.

Could someone assist me with this ? I have them downloaded and saved to my computer. I am just wondering how to get them on here.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Boo, nyzki & Poppy
LoveThem
First..decide what Section of the Forum you want to post them.

Then you can go to that Section and click on New Topic and type a topic for your pictures. You can attach your first picture at the first thing you write. I have found you can only post 1 picture at a time. But you use the Add Reply to do the next picture.

At the bottom of these replies you see a white box and the word Browse.
Your file should be, if possible, an image file with an extension of .jpg
It cannot be bigger than 300K.
You check your file sizes. For instance, I have photos I scan. Then I use a
graphics program to resize them. My scan will save them in a size of 800x600, which would fit my desktop as wallpaper. I scale them down with the graphics program and reduce them 50% horizontal and vertical so my 800x600 is saved as a new file with a size of 400x300. This is a good size to post.

You can type a reply like this and attach a photo to it. Look at the pictures I have posted listed below ...of Little Guy, of Lucky, etc. and you can see the idea.

When you are done typing go to the bottom of the screen and click on Browse and then what you want in the white box is where your picture file is, in your computer.
For instance, it could say: C:\MyDo%%ents\picture.jpg . That means you went to the folder where picture.jpg is at and clicked to open it and then it appeared in the white box. Once it is there, you can finish by clicking Add Reply and a reply like this is added to your topic with a picture attached to it. I will attach a picture to this reply so you can see the final result. Hope this was not too confusing.
nyzki
Thank you Love for the fast reply. I am very appreciative for the help.

Boo, nyzki & poppy biggrin.gif smile.gif
LoveThem
I saw your pictures and their size is very large for the screen. The ones you posted were the total size allowed but to view them..they should be scaled down to about
400x300. One of yours I checked on was 2,336 x 816. That is too big to really see on the scene.

I also noted you posted on3 new topics. It is better to put all pictures in one topic. I just put some kitten pictures in Tributes...14 of them. I start one topic and attach one picture to that first note I post. THEN you have to wait 20 to 30 seconds from that time before you can hit ADD REPLY and start the next one. The program for the forum will not let you keep posting right away. It needs time to set up what you just posted.
For each picture you want to post, hit ADD REPLY and type words in if you want and then attach the picture. If you have another picture...do another reply after waiting 20 to 30 seconds.

Resize them to a small horizontal x vertical size makes it easier to look on on the computer screen.

You could delete 2 of the 3 you started and add those pictures to the original one you started. If I had started a new topic for each 1 picture...I would have 15 topics and they would be all anyone saw on the screen. 1 topic takes as many pictures as you want but only 1 at a time per ADD REPLY. You cannot do 2 pictures on one REPLY.
Any questions...just ask and I'll try to answer them. You did get the posting done of pictures and that's an accomplishment. You mentioned it wouldn't let you do more.
By the way, if you do lots of pictures then pick a bunch and put them in one topic and then pick a dozen or so more and just start topic number 2 ent*itled like...Here's more Boo Pictures! (these are suggestions).

That can be for 2 reasons. 1. the picture itself is too large or 2. you didn't wait the 20 to 30 seconds and then hit ADD REPLY and post the next picture.

Judy
nyzki
OOPS,

I thought that they were way too big. But this is the first time that I ve put pics on this site. I am sorry I will try to do better next time. I PROMISE biggrin.gif

Boo, nyzki & Poppy
LoveThem
You did very well for the first time. I just happened to be a computer person who loves computers and in the past have written computer programs...so I have been doing this since the 1980's. That's the only reason I have some knowledge and if I can help others navigate what could seem confusing then my learning has not only helped me but others as well. There are some on this forum who have learned to post pictures and I know it really gives them a sense of accomplishment and personal enjoyment when they do it themselves. But then sometimes it can be too confusing trying to explain something on paper and I have no problem posting pictures for people if that is easier at times.

Also, the LS Support here will also help post pictures if asked.

So ask any questions you can think of and I will try and answer them and if what I say gets confusing tell me that and explain what confused you. This is cause I don't know how much computer experience you have and I always assume none as far as pictures but sometimes I find people understand about file folders where they keep their image files, scanning to their computer. The hardest part I found was resizing a picture down but then I found what worked with my graphics program and since people usually don't have the same programs....each setup can be different.

I hope this encourages you to continue as that's how it is meant. tongue.gif

Judy
LS Support
thanks for lending a hand Judy, it helps me out when others help out smile.gif

if you have any experience with forums, let me know. i could use a computer-saavy person as a mod. mine haven't been around as much lately.
LoveThem
Glad to help, LS Support.

As far as forums, this is my first one that I have joined and been on so I have no idea of what is involved as far as moderating is concerned.

So far I figured out how to put my own pictures up so I use my experience to try and help others who ask and it gives me a lot of pleasure seeing them put up these pictures of their precious ones.

I have done a lot of things with my computer over the years. And I have replaced many parts in it to create the kind of computer I wanted to do different things. And I have written machine language programs but I have always learned a lot from books and manuals. I have never been one who never reads the instructions and just jumps right in. I want to do things right the first time so I take my time and that's why I really enjoy computers because there is only perfection when things are done right, which has also lead to the saying "garbage in--garbage out"...that is the only failing but if found it also can be corrected. Oh, no...I'm rambling about computers. Just cause I enjoy using them so much. I'll stop now.tongue.gif

If you want to try and explain what is involved...you might want to send me a PM or email if you want to talk "technical talk" ..maybe I can see a way to help out tongue.gif

Judy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.