Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puppy Burned In New Jersey
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
forduffy
There was a 3 month old Beagle puppy, doused in a caustic chemical and it badly burned much of his little body in Paterson, New Jersey. Who does this to a defenseless baby like this?! The puppy is being placed in a foster home and they plan to do as much as they can to avoid euthanasia. The puppy needs a skin graft and then the prognosis will be good. A wonderful woman rescued him. A non-graphic article is at this website, if anyone is interested: http://www.baristanet.com/2007/10/reward_o...bused_puppy.php

They are taking donations and any information regarding this horrendous crime. I know how much love is on this website and how many prayers this baby will get if I let the lightning-strike family know about it.
toonie
Beyond understanding why someone would choose to do that. I do believe in euthanasia -- for the hopeless offenders of that kind!
I hope that that little puppy makes it through and that his life will now know only human kindness. Thank goodness there are more caring people in the world than there are sad.gif mad.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif
forduffy
Toonie, I did see an update that they were able to raise enough money for the puppy to get skin grafts and there has been an outpouring of people willing to adopt him and give him a good home. You were right-thank goodness that there are great people out there!
Furkidlets' Mom
Sickening, absolutely sickening!! I always wish I DID have some information to give the authorities when these horrid cases come up, like in this one, close to my neck of the woods (the second bastard has until early Nov. to get another lawyer. (the first and younger one got with practically nothing!!....what kind of sc*um even represent such heathens, anyway?!?!?!) And, in their infinite 'wisdom', I'll bet that social services isn't even looking into the family lives of the abusers, cuz you can bet there's a long trail of abuse, both animal and human, behind each and every one of these crimes. We've been trying for over 2 decades here to get animal abuse laws updated (they're something like 100 yrs. old, for crissake!), but the gov't won't budge. Man, I'm so full of FURY about stuff like this! If I was the brother of this guy, I'd be plotting his murder in secret and to hell with the 'justice' system!
Daisy Duke
For The Love of the Dog
Dogster Forums
You can't even cry hard enough when it comes to things like this..... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
k9pal
What exactly do these degenerates of society get out of abusing such innocent loving animals. Furkidlets' Mom, I agree, The law stinks when it comes to animal rights. Both guys will probably eventually get off with a fine and court ordered therapy. Ya right! As if therapy will do them any good. I think the only therapy that they could benifit from is to be able to empathize with the dog. So with that being said, they should be beat, then dragged behind their truck just as the poor dog did. Death would be to light of a punishment for them. Let the s%% experience the absolute pain and agony that poor Daisy Duke suffered.
Furkidlets' Mom
EXACTLY. This poor dog's story gave me daymares (nightmares in the daytime), it was so brutal. And worse, I JUST read that this family still has another dog!!! AND that the AB SPCA and the RCMP both determined (what? with their heads up their a*sses??????) that she is "safe" to stay in this home!!!!!!!!!! This has GOT to be nothing but political clap-trap, just so that, ooooooo, those "ridiculous" animal rights people don't get any 'weight' in the news or the legal system. No one knows better than the police that a home with physical abuse, no matter who the victim is, has some serious problems and where there's animal abuse, there's just about always child &/or other human abuse if not already, soon to follow.....not that human abuse is any worse, but just an indicator that animal abuse was often the first kind. Meanwhile, let someone harm or kill a cop, even quickly, by a bullet, by comparison, and the whole world is up in arms over it.......if this kind of brutality happened to a human, NO ONE would sit still, but animals just don't count in society as a whole.

The first perp, a kid under the age of 18, already got off with a slap on the wrist (probation, or some damn thing). And the huge pet*ition to the govt. did squat for getting the latest (and really useless, watered-down version) amendment to the animal cruelty laws even looked at yet. I can't stand it any more.....our species SUCKS!
Simba's Daddy
What is it with people burning animals???
There was this moron here in Michigan that set his dog on fire... he had the dog for quite a while and just decided to set him on fire... The man ran after he set him on fire and the dog STILL followed him down the street while on fire... it was on the news.

They showed him in court saying how he felt remorse and sorry for what he did... just to avoid punishment I am sure... don't know what he got out of it if anything.

The laws need to do a better job protecting animals. You abuse an animal you go to jail... When people start realizing that they will do jail time for animal abuse I am sure it would help cut down on it quite a bit...
Furkidlets' Mom
Gad......they're all just too sad for words. There was a cat here, too, who was set on fire....he didn't make it and died after a couple of tortuous weeks trying to recover at the Humane Society, where, what else is new?, no one even claimed him. I don't think they even caught the kids who they suspected had done it. I hope they simply die soon somehow because if they stay alive, they'll do it again, and do even more each and every time. But then, hey.....even the Shriners have done the same thing, in the name of science - they set baby pigs on fire to test out burn victim treatments.....and then say it's justifiable because it helps human kids.

I just don't understand why all authorities and governments AREN'T listening to all those studies that have shown a direct correlation to animal abuse/violence and human abuse. All the added and fast-paced communication avenues in the world today haven't seemed to have made a dent at all in getting these things moving as quickly as everything else is.

Well, actually, that's not true...... I DO understand why they're not. Those who are threatened by an increase in animals' status are frightened because that would mean, ultimately, they could no longer avoid looking at EVERY area where animals are used (and abused), including as sources of food, product testing, fashion, toys for other animals (a particularly heinous and ironic thing!), classroom science, drug, medical and veterinary research, zoos, circuses, roadside petting zoos, and on and on and on. If it's more convenient to NOT change lifestyles, most people won't, period, no matter HOW it affects other beings, even including other humans. So it's utter selfishness (and greed for all the money to be made from using animals) that drives it all. That makes me equally as sick.

And before Halloween, each year I sit and hope everyone in the world gets more brains and keeps their furkids indoors if they normally let them roam around unsupervised (which they shouldn't anyway, obviously), for all the hideous ritualistic killers and others similar to them will be looking for easy targets.
forduffy
What horrendous stories! My focus has always been to attack the current legal system. Animals need a voice! I hate the fact that punishment for crimes is virtually nothing. These people are potential psychopaths that derive pleasure in the pain of others. I cry with each story but then become infuriated. There need to be stricter laws and animals rights groups have to barrage our idiot politicians. Unfortunately, the politicians only want to listen to the big corporations because they could pay the price for lobbyists. Is it the same in Canada?
Furkidlets' Mom
Yup. If you read all the links about poor Daisy Duke, there was one that mentioned the MP for that area was 'all for' making these penalties stiffer.........BUT, not for farm animals, which would still fall under the (also-outdated, and ridiculously non-specific and subject to 'interpretation') Animal Protection Act, which is really nothing more than a license for any rancher or farmer to practice "acceptable standard practices". That, of course, means however it's been for whatever time frame they'd LIKE to reference, including such things as castration w/o painkillers, dehorning, debeaking, hauling "downer" cows around, etc., etc. I almost puked.....not that I was surprised in the least, just disgusted at all the, pardon the expression, kow(or cow)-towing to big industry. It's the same here for environmental concerns which naturally affect wildlife.....oil and gas, big development, logging - they all win and the animals lose BIG time.

There's now an official political party registered in Ottawa (our Capitol) run by an animal rights/welfare woman who ran a group called Animal Alliance, and its affiliated Project Jessie, which rescued pound animals so they wouldn't be sold to research labs and universities (for experiments). Naturally, she's called an "extremist" and a "radical" by other political pundits and the media.....something pretty much every great thinker who made a positive difference in the world was called at one time or another. I hope this party gains so much ground that they can't ever be ignored again, cuz it'll be about TIME someone was able to do something meaningful for animals in society.
Isabel'sMommy
That is so aweful - we had a Beagle growing up and they are so sweet and trusting. I just can't imagine what kind of monster would harm an animal when all they do is give their love and patience. Thank goodness kind people are taking care of him now and he'll have a good home once his medical needs are met. I always wish I could give info to nail someone like this too - I always think that if there was a reward I'd donate it to a shelter too to show my kids that you do the right thing because it's right, not because you get a reward. My husband always says he wishes the cops would just leave the creep in a room with him for about ten or fifteen minutes - he's very protective of all things furry, or just cute, tiny or defenseless.
Amy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.