Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Dearest Duffy
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
Pages: 1, 2, 3
forduffy
My PuppyBaby,
It's been 3 weeks and one day since I held you and hugged you. I tell you how much I miss you everyday. You are never out of my thoughts. You have made me the happiest person during your life because of your true love. I hated to watch you suffer and it got so difficult at the end. Had I known that I would be losing you when I did, I would have delayed the trip just to have spent the last 2 weeks of your sweet life with you and just savor you and take it all in. I remember the mornings when I would wake up to you barking to come up on the bed. I knew how lucky I was to have you in my life. I remember scratching your back and shoulders and knowing how fast our life together could end. And still, emotionally, I was never prepared to lose you. People keep telling me that you lived such a nice long life but it is never long enough. I miss sharing our apples. I know how much you loved them and the eggies I would make for you in the morning. You were my constant companion, my sweetest baby. I am so sorry for keeping you downstairs on the last weekend before I left. I did it to save you from the stairs. I knew that your legs were going and I wanted to just give you a break from that damned flight of stairs. That's why I carried you outside that whole weekend. I wanted to restore the strength in your legs. I hope you were able to relax that weekend, although you let me know how much you hated being downstairs. Duffy, I hope you were able to feel the love and admiration that I had for you. I hope that I expressed it enough to you at the end. I love you more than anything and you will never be forgotten. Life is short and it is over in a blink so when it is my time, I will be looking for you at the Bridge.

I do have a question for you. I need a sign from you to tell me what I should do. My friend needs to give his cat a good home. I am considering volunteering for this. As you know, I have never had a cat. I know that I can provide love to this cat. I've never met him and I already love him. I also know that this cat just lost his brother this year and is grieving and depressed, himself. I am thinking that we could help each other's broken hearts. Duffy, I know that you are such a pure soul and that you may be aware of what would be best for another pure soul. Should I take this cat home? Please give me a sign that I am making the right decision for this cat's sake.

I love you, Baby and will be speaking to you constantly. Be well, my puppy, and enjoy the Bridge and know that my heart is with you.
Lucy1Josie2
Hello, there --

I'm so sorry about losing Duffy. What a sweet dog he was, and what a wonderful companion! You say their lives are never long enough, and boy, that's so true!! That's their only fault -- they don't live as long as we do! I'm sure he fully understands now all you did for him, and know that the love between the two of you has never and will never die -- it just has to look different for a while.

I know you've lost your soul mate, but I also read in another post where you've been doing some reading about our pets' life after death, and I hope you're drawing comfort from your reading. You mentioned seeing butterflies since Duffy's death, and I know that butterflies are supposed to be a sign of life and renewal. It's funny, because a few days after I read about the butterfly symbolism, one came right up to me -- almost flew right into my face, I've never had one come so close and just hover for a few seconds. I thought right away, "Is this a sign that my sweet Lucy is sending me, now that I'm actually paying attention?" I keep thinking it was a sign, because it happened so close to my reading about it, and Lucy probably sent it to me as soon as possible because "for sure, Michelle won't recognize it if I wait any longer, she sometimes has the attention span of a gnat - but I love her!" I hope it was a sign, and I hope yours are for you, too!

And I don't know if this is Duffy's way of answering your question, but I think you should take that kitty. As long as you're taking him for himself and because you love him, and not just because you miss Duffy (though I think it's okay if it's a little because you miss Duffy -- hey, we're animal lovers here, we need to have them around!). But since you already love this kitty, I say "Go for it!"

So what do you say, dear Duffy? I think I'm feeling a 'yes' coming on... happy.gif

With much love,

Michelle K.
forduffy
Michelle,
Thank you for such kind words. Duffy was such a gift to me. It's never long enough and that gets so frustrating.

Wow! The butterflies have been hovering around me too. Just this past Sunday, one almost landed on me. Then I saw one on Monday, yesterday, and today for this week. Maybe I never paid attention before. I so want to believe... Lucy sounds adorable. I read in your other post that she even visited you with her new friend. She's quite the little sweetheart, trying to let her mommy know how much she loves you. Tell me a little about her. By the way, your doggies have such great names.

I understand what you are saying about the kitty. I know, in my heart, I would never be able to replace Duffy. I just feel as if someone has to step up and give this kitty some love. His brother, and littermate, died earlier this year and my friend who has him now said that he's still so depressed. He's grieving just like I am. I haven't received an overt sign yet from Duffy but maybe your message is that sign. I just hope that I'd be doing what's best for this little cat. The last thing I would want to do is put him through even more trauma but my friend can longer take care of him. I will let you know what happens.

Stephanie
Lucy1Josie2
Hi, Stephanie --

I sent you a personal message.

-- Michelle
forduffy
My Little Puppy,
Happy month anniversary at the Bridge! You have been on my mind all day long. I never wanted to get to the point where I would be able to say that I haven't seen you in a month. I never thought that I would be here. It's been so empty since you're gone. My only hope is that you are able to enjoy your life now, pain-free. As for me, well, I look forward to being able to be with you, pain-free once again. I hope you know how grateful I am that you were in my life. You brought so much love to my life. You made me so happy while you were here. I am beyond grateful for what you gave me. It has been so painful to know that I can not hug you anymore. I yearn for the day when we can be together again. I no longer can eat the foods that we used to share. It's no fun anymore. I have such a hard time going out in the backyard. It hurts too much. I can't see this pain going away-it's been a huge hole in my life and I don't think I will be able to ever fill it-nor do I want to. That place in my life was reserved for you and no one can ever fill it. I feel like I am all over the place and I can't express what I really want to say. In simple terms, I miss you and love you so much, my Baby. This past month has been so painful without you. I hope to dream about you and how you are able to run and play like you haven't been able to in so long.
All my love, my little sweetheart,
Steph
toonie
I am so sorry for your loss, your soulmate puppy. Duffy will be the one to let you know, but I think you have got the perfect opportunity to help a grieving cat who will know that you are feeling exactly like he is feeling and perhaps both of you can help each other get over the sharpness of your loss together. I would consider it, life is short and we have to live it to the fullest with as many souls as we can share it with. Take care and love, Toonie
forduffy
Thanks Toonie! I think I'm going to take this little cat. A little convincing for my husband, but I think I can help this cat. We made appointments with our allergist. We're kitty proofing the apartment tomorrow. I will keep you posted.
Bue's Mommy
Hugs Stephanie, what beautiful words for your Duffy. He was such a handsome boy too. I had a childhood dog, that I still miss. I felt reconnected to Nero by your words to Duffy.

It is so healthy to come here and let your feeling out. I'm not sure Duffy will give you a sign about the cat, however I do believe Duffy will send you a sign that he is still with you. I have seen a sign from Bue, or what I percieve to be a sign.

The kind of love we have for our companions does not stop just because their physical bodies are no longer on earth.

I have also sent you a PM
Talk to you soon
katzen11
hi, Stephanie unsure.gif
i am feeling so much with you, loosing your best friend Duffy, (11.Sept.2007)
i lost the only dog i ever had way back in 1975
she was a beautiful boxer girl, 10 years old, having heart-problems, could not get an emergency-vet that night, there had not been any emergency-vets, yet..
i remember, i was trying the human helpline, and her vet was out of town..
i buried her with the help of my sisters and brothers under an apple tree, a couple days later
i know, i am talking about me, but i can see a lot we are having together
my dog was my best friend, sharing with me everything, beeing 15 years old, to
the age of 25
she loved me, and i loved her
i took her along everywhere i could possible do,
even when i was out for saturday-night-dancing she was sitting under the desk ( i am sorry for the loud music )
i took her with me to college, to every vacation,she slept in my bed each night
we did make 3 tests at the "dogs-school", she helped me trough 10 years,
well, i did leave her, 69/70, when i had the chance to live in the states, my brother was taking care of her (he thinks, she was his dog..) anyway,
she got her babies by that time, and we kept visiting her babies....
so, Stephanie, Duffy is your life-time-dog
everytime you can see a dog, looking like Duffy, i guess, you will stop, and look, and wait, thinking, i did have a wonderful dog like that, even after many years

did you get that little cat ???

since a few of you mentioned it, i was raised catholic, too, but i don`t believe in churches anymore, and i am just hoping, that there is....., i do not know.......
anyway, cats are very precious companions, too biggrin.gif
i am so glad, that my Jimboycat is supporting me
eva
forduffy
Thank you Bue's mommy and Eva,
For some reason, over the last couple of weeks, I found it so painful to talk or e-mail messages about Duffy. I have not really been visiting this website (or even returning e-mails, for that matter) lately. I guess it's yet another stage of the grieving process. It's been getting cold and dark here as the autumn is upon us and I guess I'm feeling it. It's been lonely without my baby. In any case, yet another pitfall...my husband and I went to visit my friend's cat before adopting him. Both of us have shown signs of allergies to some cats and neither of us have ever had a cat for that reason. Of course, both of us adore cats and have always wanted to be able to adopt them. When we visited my friend's cat, we both found that we were allergic to him. So we made a visit to our allergist who stated that since we are planning on starting a family soon that we probably should not adopt the cat. The chances of our children being allergic would be high and I would not be able to get allergy shots when I am pregnant. So, very defeated, I had to let my friend know that I could not take his cat. I am in the process of assisting him to find a good home for his cat but it breaks my heart that I can give it to him myself. I guess Duffy gave me a sign, in some way. In any case, thank you for your support. Eva, you are right-he is my life-time dog. Bue's mommy, Nero sounds like a wonderful dog especially if he was like Duffy tongue.gif -although all animals are wonderful in their own special ways.
LoveThem
I know how you feel..I lost my Little Guy on Sept 10th. It was an emergency and I had to make the decision immediately.

I don't know what your allergies turned out to be but I will tell you I mostly had dogs cause I found out I was allergic to cats but I had 3 of them for over 10 years in my home. Little Guy just turned 16 this past May. I found that if I petted them and then rubbed my eyes, I would get a terrible itching there and would have to flush out my eyes with water. I also found that if I washed my hands after petting, I apparently got their dander off and I was fine. I was glad to find this out as they were really wonderful to have all these years. All I had to do was keep my hands away from my eyes. I was hoping yours was as simple as that so you could take that kitty who needs a home but it just depends on how your allergy shows up..I'm sure there are some symptoms that are beyond our control, except as you said..getting shots.

Whether it is a kitten or a puppy, I hope you continue to think about bringing another special friend into your home. I've been there before and it truly helps. All my special friends were beautiful! Each had their own special way. I hated the losses when the time came but I don't regret getting my new friends. The best of luck to you. I'm sure you will make the right decision when it feels right to you.
toonie
So we made a visit to our allergist who stated that since we are planning on starting a family soon that we probably should not adopt the cat.

I agree with your allergist, probably not for how you or yours would react to the cat's allergens but just because those first few years are rather busy... wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
I got my two cats when my boys were 6 and 4 years old and I thought that was the right time, the boys were old enough to enjoy the cats and for the kittens to enjoy coming into our family. Of course, each one of us will do as each one of us is, differently! Best wub.gif beautiful sailing ahead, whatever wub.gif

P.S. LOVE THEM: thanks for the tip about reducing allergies, I'll tell my son about this, in case somewhere in his life he becomes blessed with a or more feline(s) rolleyes.gif
forduffy
My Baby,
We are at the two month mark since I've seen you and two months closer to when I will see you next. Two months seems so short and yet I feel like a lifetime has gone by since I've been able to hold you close. I've been living in the past for the last 2 months-wishfully hoping to flash back to some time in your prime when things were at their best. Things are going okay in my life except there is something missing that permeates everything in my life-Your presence. I dread the holidays this year without you. I keep thinking that if I could just sleepwalk through these holidays, next year will be better but what I don't seem to realize is that you still won't be there next year. I disillusion myself so much just to get through this pain of not having you in my life.

But I never want you to worry about me. I want you to be in a wonderful place right now, free from any concerns-my puppy, you've earned it. You gave our family all of your love, and asked for nothing but our company in return. That gift that you gave us was the best gift in this life. It is the gift that I have cherished most and will always cherish. You made life colorful and enhanced it so much. I thank you from the bottom of my soul, my Sweet baby. I can only hope that I gave you enough, because what we humans give out furbabies sometimes just never compares to the love you give us. I love you, Little Duff-you are always on my mind and in my heart and my love for you is forever. Remembering you today, an anniversary, and everyday, my little boy.
toonie
I can only hope that I gave you enough, because what we humans give out furbabies sometimes just never compares to the love you give us

You gave your little Duff the best of life and an eternity of love in which you both
will go on forever. Trust life, it will be good to you, little Duff will see to that for you.
Hugs, this is so early still for you. Take care.
forduffy
Oh Toonie, you are such a blessing. Thank you for your words. I hope you are right that I gave Duffy the best of life. I second guess myself constantly. I will take your advice about the first few years of marriage-you are right, so far-the first few months have been so busy so far! Your sweet sentiments are so helpful. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

LoveThem, our anniversaries are so close! What is so crazy is that Duffy turned 16 this past May 13th. When was Little Guy's birthday? Is that not uncanny? I have the same eye allergy to cats and I get post nasal- not a big deal. Unfortunately, my husband feels as if his throat closes up so there is no telling what kind of allergies our children will have.

As for my friend's little kitty, I am working to help my friend place this kitty in a good home. I have enlisted the troops- one of my friends who is an animal lover and parent of 3 furbabies who has a network of friends who are animal lovers and parents. We are working on it. I will not let this kitty down.
LoveThem
ForDuffy: Little Guy was born May 28, 1991, Memorial Day that year. My husband was watering bushes in our back yard and yelled out that a cat was giving birth under our water fountain. They were coming out one by one. Of course, he quit watering.

As far as the eye allergy, it seemed the last few years either I was very good about not touching my eyes after petting them or my system became more immune as I can't remember the last time I had to flush my eyes out. But I did have to do that for many years.

As always, take care and keep in touch.
k9pal
Forduffy, I can tell that you were a great Mom to Duffy just by the Love that you express for him. My heart goes out to you during your second month mark without Duffy. I know how hard it is. For me, I think the first month that I lost Max I was numb and racked w/ guilt. Then the second month came and I was like OMG he really is gone. The realization that this is my life now. My normal everyday life is now obsolete. I didn't want nor did I care for my new normal. As you stated something is missing. I'm not going to say that as time goes by the pain will go away completely because no matter how much time goes by when I think of Max I still feel that stab in my heart. But now those painful memories also bring me some joy. And as time goes by it does get a little easier to adjust to "the new normal". All we can do is take it one step each day. Take care k9pal
eddies mom
forduffy,

i am so sorry about you losing your duffy. what an absolute doll. please try and squash the guilt bug when it sets in. we tend to feel we should have done this, that, been there more etc...focus on the quality time you spent together. it is so obvious to me through your words that you love this puppy so i can only imagine how you must have showed him when you both were together. i do hope you get your sign from duffy, if this is truly the kitty that is meant for you. i keep waiting for a sign from eddie too. anything....to help me move on. duffy was lucky to have you and one day, when you're ready, you should definitely conisider parenting a furbaby again. you were meant to.

thinking of you
~eddies mom
forduffy
Lovethem-Our dates are so close. What a great story about LittleGuy's birthday. How great it is to have witnessed his birth and to have been with him since his first breath!

K9pal, I HATE this "new normal". I just find that I am trudging through my routine and life is colorless. The realization has set in and I am not happy with it, for the record. I know that there is nothing that I can do but I don't like things as they are now. In fact I hate it! But, thank you for your belief in me. I hope I gave my baby as much as he gave me because he gave me the world and it was amazing.

Eddiesmom, Thank you so much for your kind words about my Duffy. He was such a good boy and it's been so hard. The guilt thing-ah well-I don't even know where to go with it. I hope for dreams with Duffy in them when I go to sleep. It would be so nice. I will be a parent to a furbaby again when the time is right. That I can guarantee.
Bue's Mommy
I feel for you so much Forduffy, I wish I could help you with your pain, especially during this difficult time. The process effects us all differently. I feel as though I met your baby, just by the words you have written here. You have truly touched my heart, thank you for your kind, and beautiful words about your baby, and mine.

Talk to you soon
forduffy
Here is Duffy-
forduffy
This is his 5th birthday-
forduffy
Here is more Duffy-
forduffy
More puppyhood-
forduffy
Oh-and Duffy was ALWAYS interested in dessert.....
forduffy
Bues mommy-
You have helped me so much! You even taught me how to take pics with my cell- it worked! Thank you!!!
forduffy
Oh- and Duffy was not allowed on the couch.....as per my mother....
LoveThem
ForDuffy: Wonderful pictures! I found it means so much to post and look at our babies. It helps me a lot. Set up a picture tribute on the Tributes page and put lots of pictures...It really feels therapeutic, doesn't it? I know it does to me. It shows lots of happy memories...the good times...the times that can never be taken away from us.
LoveThem
Sorry about that..you ARE on the Tributes page...I hope I'm not losing it.......whatever IT is....(smile). But I meant to say all the rest about being therapeutic and getting to look at our babies online. Also...good memories forever.
forduffy
Oh LoveThem-
It felt so good to post pictures of Duffy! I loved just looking at them. The happy times just came flooding back! I needed that.

Here is one more-I really love this one. he looks like he is wearing a tux:
LoveThem
I'm glad the pictures help you as mine do me, as well as looking at others and knowing what they mean to them plus there are just so many darned cuties around here!

Yeah...duffy's tux is precious. I think I see a bowtie there. Quite a gentleman!

This picture made me laugh out loud...it was that adorable! Thanks for a smile today.
JenniferLynn
Duffy is a beautiful soul. Thank you for sharing his glorious life here with us. And don't doubt for a minute--he knew how much you loved him and it made his life pure joy. May God rest his loving soul and grant you peace.

And for what it's worth, I think saving and loving another needy soul is the greatest tribute to those we have lost. So many need love and homes--if you are ready to open your heart, I'd consider it.
forduffy
Thank, guys! I'm so glad that even after Duffy has left the physical plane, he could make people smile. It helps to share the pictures for me. I am finally at the point that the memories make me smile.

I will bring a little one home one day soon, when the time is right. There are so many sweet furbabies that need homes.

Hugs to all of you and best wishes for a peaceful Thanksgiving. It's going to be hard this year without our little ones but I believe that we are strong enough to appreciate their memories.
toonie
I believe that we are strong enough to appreciate their memories.

Thanks for your kind words in my post ForDuffy and my turn to let you know that you bring us courage with your way of dealing with this.
I will bring a little one home one day soon, when the time is right. There are so many sweet furbabies that need homes.
smile.gif

We have had snow here, I have mentioned I have several barn cats, one of them, a about three years old , has started to follow me, I call him Willie. The barn cats are warm and well fed inside the barn but Willie doesn't seem to care much for the others and seems to prefer to stay on our porch at night. So the other day I had placed a cardboard box and wrapped a huge old down jacket around the box, lined the box with an old wool sweater. At night I could hear the wind blow, it was snowing. For once, my thoughts moved away from my heartache and actually worried about cats again, this time Willie. I went to check from the window, there he was, sound asleep, so sweet and looking so comfy in there. It felt good to be worried, it felt good to care. I won't bring him in because he is so afraid when I do. But I'll take care of him best as I can. It felt almost normal again. ForDuffy, I look forward to hearing more about this. rolleyes.gif wub.gif
forduffy
Happy Thanksgiving, My Dear Little Dufferoons. This was our holiday together and I knew that it would be painful. I also knew that I would go through the day with you on my mind all day. I am still not sure if I could watch the Dog Show like we used to. I have not put on the parade, although you and I really didn't watch that that much. But the Dog Show was ours. We'll see. I talk to you so many times throughout every day that maybe you still can watch it with me.

I will always remember how you stayed close by while we all cooked because while we were cooking, we were feeding you. You loved Thanksgiving-the family was all together for an eating fest. There were years that I thought that your little 60 pound body might have actually consumed as much food as one of us. You loved your turkey and gravy and pie crust so much and then after finishing your first dish, you would pick up the dish and bring it back to us for seconds. You were very sophisticated that way. You made us laugh so much. We haven't laughed in a while since you have been gone.

Do you remember how Grandma would secretly feed you throughout the night? She loved you and she didn't love too many doggies. I know that in the last 3 years, Kim's dog, your nephew, Cody would scare you. I hope you know that I was watching out for you. I know Cody could be too energetic but he only had positive enegry for his Uncle Duffy. He just wanted to play. But I watched out for you these last Thanksgivings. You were my baby and I was very protective.

What I miss the most is your little nose nudging me during our Thanksgiving dinner for more food and I want to take some time this morning to tell you that. Of course, I will still be speaking to you throughout the day but you were the first thought on my mind today. I love you, Baby, and this will always be our holiday together.

Oh and this is very important-there will be several candles lit this Thanksgiving so feel free to be drawn to the light. It breaks my heart that you are not in a physical state and that we must rely on candle flames and the enigma of the spirit world to be together but I will take whatever I can to be with you.
toonie
I will always remember how you stayed close by

ForDuffy, I think he is right there with you, please don't be too sad, (((((hugs))))).
Bue's Mommy
OMG what a cutie pie. I love seeing the pics of your baby. It shows me what words can't!

Thank you so much
forduffy
Thank you all for your kind words. I miss him so much but I am at the point in my grief when the pictures are not so painful and are actually very cathartic. As always, Bue's mommy, I love your pictures. They make me smile so much!
forduffy
Hey, my puppy-
I had to write to you. I miss you a lot and tonight has been pretty hard. I don't know why but tonight has been one of the worst. Just know that I am thinking about you, my little Pups. I love you, Baby-
katzen11
Stephanie unsure.gif

please, don`t be too sad, ( toonie wrote that )

when i am looking at my little boy-cat Jim, i keep telling him, to stay with me, for ever...

i do like the pictures of your beloved Duffy a lot
a happy little dog, so much love

Eva
katzen11
oh Duffy wub.gif

you have a new avatar
you are looking soo young and full of energy

let your mom know, that you are still with her
she is missing you so much

Eva and her cat Jim are thinking of you
forduffy
Thank you so much, Eva. That made me feel good. I wish the same for you from Felice.
forduffy
Hello, my baby,
Three months is a long time without you. I still speak to you everyday and hope that you can hear me. I sometimes feel like I wake up and I was with you. I have no recollection of my dreams but I hope I was with you. There is not much that I can write here that I don't tell you everyday since you've been gone, my Bups. I am in pain because I miss you and I feel such an absence and an emptiness in my life. I look forward to being with you again and I hope that happens soon. I miss you, baby. I do light your candle in hopes that you will find it and know that I am thinking about you. I love you baby. Come visit soon.
eddies mom
ForDuffy,

I just wanted you to know that I don't come around as often as I used to....but when I do, I look for your posts. I know how much it hurts, I really do. As I type this to you, my eyes are starting to well up...that's why I try and stay away, the pain rushes back. But when you write to Duffy, I almost always feel that it' s me writing to Eddie. The tone is the same...I feel your pain as I too, continue to hurt 8 weeks after Eddie's passing. It is getting better for me and I hope it's getting better for you too. It doesn't mean that we must move on from the loss or forget their beautiful souls, but I know they'd be sad to know that we are so sad. I went out to Eddie's grave today and this is the first time that I've visited that I didn't break-down. I miss him just the same but I'm managing the pain.

I wish you well Forduffy. You are in my thoughts.
~Best
Eddies Mom
JenniferLynn
QUOTE (eddies mom @ Dec 12 2007, 10:05 PM)
ForDuffy,

I just wanted you to know that I don't come around as often as I used to....but when I do, I look for your posts. I know how much it hurts, I really do. As I type this to you, my eyes are starting to well up...that's why I try and stay away, the pain rushes back. But when you write to Duffy, I almost always feel that it' s me writing to Eddie. The tone is the same...I feel your pain as I too, continue to hurt 8 weeks after Eddie's passing. It is getting better for me and I hope it's getting better for you too. It doesn't mean that we must move on from the loss or forget their beautiful souls, but I know they'd be sad to know that we are so sad. I went out to Eddie's grave today and this is the first time that I've visited that I didn't break-down. I miss him just the same but I'm managing the pain.

I wish you well Forduffy. You are in my thoughts.
~Best
Eddies Mom

So perfectly expressed... me too.

I lost the love of my life 2 years ago Nov. 6. Not a day goes by that I don't ache.

Looking at Duffy (such a beautiful soul--look at those eyes) and reading your words makes me smile. I truly believe they are never gone. The physical body is just one facet of life.
forduffy
Thanks, Eddies Mom and Jennifer Lynn. It feels so good when I get messages from you guys telling me that you understand. I wish, for your sakes', that you didn't because it is so painful but your words are very comforting. I just hate this "new" reality. It is so lifeless. I miss him so much. Hugs to you and thank you for writing to me. My thoughts are with you and your pups-those who are at the Bridge and those living with you presently. They are all such wonderful gifts.
forduffy
Hey my little Duff,
Thinking of you ALOT lately. I love you so much. I miss you so much. I hope that you are happy and healthy. I love you, my baby, forever.

One more thing, my baby-I have been hearing little yelps just about everywhere. They sound like your yelps when you were in pain. I have been pretty alarmed about them because I am not sure whether to think that you are in pain or I am going crazy. In any case, I request that if they are, indeed, you, please don't stop signs to let me know that you are ok. I just want to make sure that you are free of pain and happy where you are. And again, that you are not angry at me. I feel that there is so much that I could have done to prove to you how much you meant to me. I feel like I failed in showing you. You meant the absolute world to me. I hope you know that. I may not have shown you the way I should have but I hope that you now know. You will always be in my heart, baby. I love you again and again!
toonie
Dear For Duffy, If you hear little yelps, I'm sure it's Duffy's way of telling you he's there, I bet you he just wants you to know that he's still with you. If it was about pain or anger or sadness, the whole world would echo really loud there is so much misery on this planet we would be innundated with the sounds of all the souls who would express their grievances.This sounds like Duffy's love talking to you, reaching out for you, just keep on speaking to him from your heart and continue loving him even if you can not touch him physically, just let the love go on and on, as you are already doing and know this can be. He will continue to love you and you keep on loving him, on another plane, until you connect again. I also think that he wants you to feel more relaxed about this, to seek out things that will bring you comfort and let you express you love in a symbolic but ever as true way. Are there colours that you associate with Duffy? Surround yourself with them. Make your world a Duffy world, make sure it is full of beauty and a hommage to Duffy. Not easy at times, exhilerating at others. Hugs, Duffy lives in your heart, he wants you to believe in good outcomes.

No one's death comes to pass without making some impression, and those close to the deceased inherit part of the liberated soul and become richer in their humanness.
Author: Hermann Broch
Bue's Mommy
Hugs ForDuffy, the yelps you hear imo are not pain, but joy. Duffy is letting you know how much he loved you being his mom. Loving your baby everyday is true love in my book.
I look at all the pics people post here, and I'm in aw. The love is incredible in this forum. I know we miss ourt babies, but we have memories that will last a lifetime!

Talk to you soon my friend
forduffy
Thanks, guys! I am wishing you peace and happiness this holiday season. The yelps have since stopped since I wrote that message to Duffy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.