Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On Pet Food Recall
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
mbrammer
Hi, it's been a while since I've posted. I recently aquired a stray ferret and in light on all the pet food recall have been researching information on pet food ingrediants. I know that wheat gluten contasmination was the problem in the3 pet food recall but when I saw corn meal gluten as an ingrediant in ferret food I googled it, the first thing to pop up was research in it's use as a herbicide.
Dr. Nick Christians corn meal gluten. you check it out. Cat's have been found to be more at risk to the wheat gluten, and since ferret diets are more closely related to cats diet needs, I was wondering if anyone has a ferret and what their thoughts are on this?
Kim R.
I don't have ferrets, but when I was doing my search for organic/all-natural foods for my furkids, I actually saw one for ferrets, too. Hmmmm...I want to say it was by Wysong...but you could just type 'all-natural ferret food' or 'organic ferret food' into your search bar and see what comes up! Most of the companies that go this route are privately run and use their own processing plants (and most don't even use wheat...but you need to be sure to read all the ingredients) so I would go the all-natural or organic route for my ferret, too. Better safe than sorry wink.gif !
It has been stated, though, regardless of whether it is all-natural/organic or not, that as long as it doesn't contain WHEAT you are okay...I'm just paranoid rolleyes.gif .
mbrammer
Thank you I'll check on this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.