Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Post Your Furbaby's Name Here (Closed, see Post #4)
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
LS Support
preceded by this post:

http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.ph...t=0&#entry20587
Daisy's Mommy
Daisy

Born - April 24, 1994
Died - April 1, 2006

My beautiful, tiny Yorkshire terrier. She was my best friend and my baby for almost 12 years and I miss her terribly.

She was devoted, loyal, brave, comforting and loving, a true friend with a beautiful soul.

There will never be another Daisy, and I thank God for having given me the privilege of knowing her.

Her Mommy,

Anne

-- April 1, 2007 - One year without my Daisy - how can it be so long since I held her in my arms? Yet, she remains in my heart, forever loved and greatly missed.
keijan2001
Our beloved Arlo, your time with us was far too brief. You will always be in our hearts and memories.

Arlo
2003-2006
Bartendersblueswolf

Here is my boy, my heart , my soul he was with me for almost 22 years and this August 13th will my 4th year without him. My heat still calls for him. But when is time I wil be with him again and will hold him again. I know is a seperation of bodies but not of hearts or souls. I wish you all peace of heart and healing. For they send us love on the colours of the Rainbow and kisses in the rays of the sun

Jackie Bartendersblueswolf
karen424
My husband and I were sitting out on our deck tonight talking about our the furbabies we have with us currently, Bunnie & Charley....then all of the sudden I just burst out into tears thinking of Buster and Max.....each little soul is just so different and precious and there is something unique about each one of them. That's what we miss the most, the "uniqueness" of them..

"I miss you guys so much, my Buster and Max".....

Love your mommy,

Karen
Maryjune
Murphy was in our lives for a long time before he became a member of the family but he was always in our hearts.
Murphy had a gentle spirit and a heart as golden as his fur. He brought warmth and sunshine into every life. Murphy was so special in that he had three households that loved him.
I took care of him for an elderly lady who was his companion first. He was special to my sister Rose and became a ray of sunshine when she lost her own dog.
I helped take care of Murphy since 2001 and he helped me deal with the lost of my own dog Josie. I took him to my house nearly two years ago when the lady went into a nursing home.
Murphy had such a gentle, loving and kind spirit. He got along with an all white cat, Thomas who still misses him. Living in a household of cats that I have was not easy matter but Murphy dealt with the difficulties he had with his usual loving ways.
Life seems bleak now and sometimes it is difficult to go on. I think of the old time song "My Buddy" and its words are so what I am feeling.
Murphy was my true friend. I would say to him when he came back from my sister's Rose's house on one of his visits. "Buddy, I missed you"
My Buddy, I will miss you forever!
MaryJune
kmom
Kasey

born: June 1, 1998 - observed
died: Feb 16, 2006

Nickname: Roo Roo

Thursday will mark what would be your 8th birthday and the 14th week I'll be without you.

I miss you soooooooooo much.

Love,

Mom
juniper8204
Here's to you, my Cup o' Joe. While your stay on this earth was so short, you brought abounding joy into my and my husband's life.

You are truly missed, but still and always loved. You'll always be "the best puppy EVER" in our eyes.

May you rest in peace.
January 2005-April 2006.
Mink&WillowsMom
Ah, my beautiful Minkerdoodles, tomorrow it will be two weeks since you were hit and killed. It hurts a little less, but you are still constantly on my mind; you haven't been away from my thoughts more than 5 minutes. You were my little baby boy, always ready to cuddle or play. My joy, my light.

You were born ~May 10, 2003, I found you at the Kitten Rescue in September.
You died June 11, 2006, just before 3pm, two days before my birthday.

Nicknames: Minkers, Minkerdoodloos, Stink, Baby Boy

What I loved about you: Your elbows. The way you'd tuck your head into my chest. The way you loved your brother: constant buddy, grooming him, playing with him. Your sideways-Halloween-cat prance when you played on the lawn. The fact you'd always keep your claws sheathed when you chased 'hand under the blanket'. Your double little "hi-hi" greeting. The fact I could reliably call you in by rattling food bowls together.

What gives me hope: You recognized me when we first met. I never was quite sure in which guise you'd been with me before, but you obviously knew me. So if you found me once, I hope you find me again.

Willow and I miss you so much, but I'm starting to think we're going to make it through. See you in my dreams, and let me know when you're here.
onahotinrf
Cyril Octavious (4/15/91 - 6/22/06)

You had a long and loved life but no amount of time would have been long enough fo me. I will miss you always, Mom...
slbrock59
CoCo. Our blessed furbaby was a chocolate Pomeranian. He left us on July 1, 2006 at 12:28 pm. There was nothing about him we did not love from the start. He loved being a dog and being a friend. His spirit now lives at the Bridge and his memory lives in my our hearts.
Dad & Mom
Lisa Quirke
Furbabie: Shetland Sheepdog
Name: Max
Born: 28th June 1995
Died: 18th January 2006
Nickname: Mad Max, Hansome boy, Mr man, Furry Wurry, Baby Bear

Taken from me after sudden illness .
Thank you for loving me and allowing me the honour and privilige of being your friend. Thank you more for being my friend in return. Im so empty without you. I love you always and forever Max. You stole my heart the moment I laid eyes on you and you will live there until we meet again. I still cant even bare to go to the supermarket and walk past the pet food aisle without feeling utter despair. Kisses from me and daddy and Michael and Rhiannon. I ask God every day to help me through this grief and am so sorry if seeing me like this upsets you, I want you to be happy where you are now and not to worry about us. We understand you had to go but are still at a loss as to what happened . I loved life with you in it. Im tryng to learn to love it again. Goodnight my love..
Mammy
DJ - Edgar, Jesse, Tom's Mom
Edgar Gilroy Aubert - 8 years old
Jesse Gilroy Aubert - 8 years old
Tom Gilroy Aubert - age unknown
Arthur Gilroy Aubert - 3 years old

I find my heart bruised and aching as I type these names and the tears are beginning to fall.

Edgar died of a heart attack while I was away - he died in his Daddy's arms.

Jesse was suffering from incurable cancer - I held his paw and looked into his face as the vet pushed down on the syringe.

Tom was a stray we tried to save - he was older, with four teeth left and had FIV - he was put to sleep by the vet without my presence.

Arthur had IMHA and was too weak, in the end, to even lift up his head. His eyes met mine as the vet put the second syringe into his catheter. He faded in front of me as I stroked his head and paws and told him what a good boy he was.
smb
Rompy

August 2005-June 28th, 2006

You brought us more joy and happiness in 7 months than I can even begin to explain.
We miss you so much.
Melchiondo
My little baby bunny

Stokely
1997-2006
Erindira
Snicker was a grey tabby I had for 6 years. I had to put him down Tuesday.
MyMeiko
Thank you for putting this up.....

Name: Meiko
Date of Birth: July 29, 2003
Died: May 13, 2006
Meiko came into my life: October 2003
Favourite nicknames: My Meiko, Meiko peus, my buddy
Favourite activity: Drinking water from the sink faucet, chasing the laser light, sleeping in the sink, playing in the grass, pulling food out of his bowl and chasing it across the floor.

Meiko,
I will forever remember you since you have left a lasting impression on my heart. I will see you one day but until then just know that I love you and miss you every moment of every day. No one will ever take your place, you are special and unique in every way. Until we meet again......

Your mommy
BellaandChiflo
It has only been 8 days since I lost my little chihuahua angels. They were such great companions and I have been crying for them every day since. I keep on blaming myself and keep on wondering what I could have done to prevent their tragic death. My two dogs; Bella and Chiflo were mauled by my pet greyhound Spirit. I have been informed that it may have been out of jealousy. Spirit's sister Caper also lived with us and they were both rescued from a racetrack. Bonita, another chihuahua that shares our home survived the attack by hiding.
Spirt and Caper had never hurt Bella or Chiflo in the ten months that they had lived with us. Bella and Chiflo we've had each for 5 years. I was never expecting to hurt them.
The dilemma that I have now is that my wife or son will not go near the greyhounds and they refuse to feed them or give them water. They want them out of the house for good reason. But still they are my babies and my responsibility. I also love Spirit and Caper. They have not been with me for as long as Bella and Chiflo, but the love is there. I refuse to take them back to the track, because I feel that they had been getting abused there. I know that in the end I must get rid of them, but I am not ready to lose two more dogs.
Beagiemom
Hildy

1988-2006

We said goodbye to our beloved beagle girl Hildy this morning at the age of 18.

We'll always love you and never forget you, sweet Hildy.
Bearcat's Mommy
The other night Bear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamt I held you in my arms...
When I awoke Bear, I was mistaken.
So I Hung my head & I cried!

You are my Bearcat, moms only bearcat!
You made me happy, just 'cause you're grey!
You'll never know Bear, how much I love you .
No one can take my Bearcat away!

I love you my little boy. You will be forever missed!
Theodore Edward Bear 1992-2006
(Ted E. Bear)
Precious' mom
Precious Adorable
Born: 03 August 1987
Died: 06 August 2006

Missing him but knowing his presence is still with me is such a comfort.

"All dead, all dead, but I should not grieve
In time it comes to everyone...
All dead, all dead, but in hope I breathe
Of course I don't believe
You're dead
And gone
All dead
And gone."
Brian May (Queen), All Dead All Dead
smile.gif
Susan-Molly's mom
[FONT=Courier]Molly
Born: February 4, 1990
Died: September 18, 2006

I'll use this photo of you as a baby when we had all those years to look forward to. You were my shadow, my little girl. You had the kindest heart, the sweetest eyes, and I shall miss you every day of my life.
Jeepers Mommy
We adopted Jeepers in 2000 shortly after the doctors told us that children wouldn't be possible. He was 5 mos old and a little black ball of feline fur! My first actual kitten! We had a dog and 2 rescued adult cats waiting for us at home, but i felt the need to have a "baby"! The minute I saw him and he started following me around the enclosure at Petsmart I knew we belonged together. He was my "Pe***ey Sweety" because he never got any bigger than 5 lbs! I love all my "babies" the same, they are our children, but Jeep and I had this bond that I never really felt before! A lady had found him living under her porch and eating out of her trash can (a habit he NEVER broke) when he was a wee kitten and took him to the vet. Cats are People Too ended up with him and then I had the privlege of spending his short 6 years of life with him! He slept with me every single night, he would follow me around the house 24/7-wherever I was Jeepers was right there. He loved nothing more than to lay on my belly and "knead my stomach" until we fell asleep! He was an extremely affectionate baby who gave me kisses every single morning and snuggled with me every chance he got! I nicknamed him, among other things, "my little heating pad" because every month when i had cramps, he seemed to know that I needed him; he would curl up right against my belly and keep it warm. He was also quite the "talker"! Not like a Siamese, but actually calling me and conversing with me! If he was sleeping and I walked into the room he would always greet me with a slew of meows and more often than not jump into my arms! He also had the most obscure tastes in food. He absolutely loved anything with garlic, including raw cloves of garlic, and could not get enough Gyro sauce! Over the years we added another dog and 2 more cats, and my Jeepers got along with everyone of them!

As a general rule, because he was sooo small and jet black he was NOT allowed outside! But as most cat parents know, they can sneak out on you every now and than! He never went far and ALWAYS came back! A little over 2 weeks ago i became seriously ill with a 104 temp, headache, and unbearable pain in all my joints. My husband is an over the road truck driver, so I'm home alone alot and while I was sick my husband was on the road. Jeepers never left my side (actually all 6 of my "babies" never left my side) until my husband got home and was taking me to the doctors. Jeepers saw his chance to scoot out the door and I didn't have the energy to try and catch him. We got back from the docs and he wasn't home yet. The next day I had to go to the ER because my fever wouldn't break. Jeepers still wasn't back yet and I was getting worried. After a brief stay in the hospital and a couple of days to recover at home I was on the hunt for my baby. I called every place i could think, made flyers, canvased the neighborhood! Still no Jeeps! I was sick about it! I walked the streets just to make sure he wasn't hit. I wanted to bring him home one way or another! Then I started to smell something coming from our guest bedroom, but I couldn't find anything. My husband was back on the road, so I called a friend to come over and see if he could find out what was causing the odor. Well, he did, and it was my baby. He must of scooted in without my husband noticing, maybe with the dogs or something. We don't know what happened to him. If he was hurt or maybe poisoned. But he went into the guest room, under the futon and passed away. All that time i was looking for him and he was right here. I don't know how long he was in there or how long he survived under that futon. It was 9 days from the day he went missing that he was "found". I am glad that he was here, at home where he was safe and loved and not on the side of the road, but i really do feel so guilty. I feel like he died alone. If I hadn't been sick he would have never gotten out. We buried him Thursday, off our deck in front of my lily's! I go out there several times a day just to be close to him. I keep finding little furballs of his hair around the house and i just break down. I can't even go into our guest room. I haven't been able to sleep in my bedroom because it is right across the hall. I feel like I've been cheated. That we should of had another 10-15 years together. But I do take comfort in the fact that I told him (and all the rest of my babies) EVERYDAY how much they are loved, cherished and appreciated. Everytime Jeepers would jump in my lap or snuggle with me, I thanked him for giving me such a wonderful gift! He was my little prince charming and his passing has truley broken my heart. He will NEVER be forgotten! For the rest of my time on earth I will thank God for giving me the time I had with him. And my little Jeepers taught me to relish every single minute you have with your babies, even when they are knocking stuff off the counters or getting into the trash! What i wouldn't give right this minute to walk into my kitchen and see that little sh&t on the counter or find my garlic missing.....Jeepers, my little 'Pinocchio', your mommy loves and misses you more than words can express. You were my little boy, my baby and I am so lost and lonely without you. It's so hard to sleep without you curled up along side me. Baby Girl misses you so much she only gets off the couch to eat and use the litterbox. I think she's waiting for you to come home, she just stares at the front door. Daddy wouldn't let me do anything with you until he got home. He wanted to be the one to put you at peace and say goodbye. You were an absolute gift to me and everyday you graced me with your love and companionship. I am honored that you loved me & I pray that someday you will jump in my arms again and greet me with your wonderful meow's, just like you did everytime I walked in the house!! We put you right off the deck by the pond and right in front of mommy's favorite Lillies, that way you will always be close to us.
JOANNE
RAGGS MILLER 1-6-90-7-5-06
MOMMY'S BABY GONE BUT ALWAYS IN MY HEART
gillian
My beautiful Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Bono.

March 25th, 1998 - October 16th, 2006.

Suffered from Endocardiosis (MVD) and slipped into heart failure. He passed away some hours later.

How can you be gone, when you are in my heart ... Mummy
DJ1976
Cleo-03/1992-10/17/06

My beloved precious baby and my world. You will forever be in my heart and now you are with the big brother you never knew until now, Fred. I will see the two of you again one day and we, along with any new furbabies will all be a family again. I love and miss you dearly.
Schtoobing'sMom
My sweet baby, Schtoobing....

October 15, 1989- November 13, 2006

My dearest friend and soul mate, I will miss you every day, for the rest of my life.

xrayspex
FROM 4 TO 4EVER

OUR BABY CHASE

FROM NOVEMBER 2002 to NOVEMBER 2006

She was just 4

Me & Mommy will miss you always, we love you little girl

jazmin
Zack

May 21st 1991 - November 16th 2006

Zack my heart and soul, you have left this earth and your pain, I will love you for the rest of my life. My dearest sweetest friend, I love you so much.
KimL
Little Girl
June 15 1993-November 21, 2006

I love you so much forever and ever, my darling beautiful angel.
michelles kitty
pooh-bear october 1993 to sept 3 2006
dsh~tortie
what can i say you had the loudest purr i ever heard, you love to try and get the birds on the feeder thru the window, you loved belly rubs. you loved kitten with all your heart and most of all you loved your mom and dad and we miss you so much
michelles kitty
kitten 1988~2006
dsh calico
double pawed.
you were the sweetest kitty. you and i were one. we belonged together. there will be no greater bond than you and i in my life. i miss your head butts i miss your purr most of all i miss they way you used to sleep on my back in the mornings. your belly rubs they way you spread your toes out when i tickled your back feet.. the way you stuck your head in the fridge thinking it was for your amusement. if i could just have one more moment with you again.. my baby girl i miss you so much i always love you...
AlleysMama
Name: Alley
Birth: May 1997
Died: December 9, 2007
Condition: Cytauxzoonosis
Nicknames: Alley Cat, Baby Girl, Mamas Baby, Fat Cat

I miss you baby girl. Rest in peace.

Moose Mom
To Moustache

You lived large and loved big. You were so loved back. Your daddy misses you so much, he needs his best little buddy. Autumn and I don't know what to do without you.

10 years was NOT enough
Never to be forgotten
1996 - 2006

I love you buddy
Mommy
vizsla-angel
Copper
01/24/98 - 12/31/06
"The World's Greatest Gun-Shy Bird Dog"

Copper has been my constant companion and source of unconditional love for almost a decade. When I got Copper 9 1/2 years ago, I expected to get a great hunting dog. I ended up with a great gun-shy hunting dog. I got a dog that wanted to please me so much that he turned into a scatter-brained fool during obedience training. A dog that did just wag his tail, he wagged his whole body. A dog that was so happy to see certain people -- and they know who they are -- that he'd pee on their feet when they'd visit. He was so demanding for attention that he would hit people with his paw until they petted him. Or he'd jump on the couch next to them and stick his nose in their face. If all else failed, he'd put his 75 lb body on their lap. He loved people more than anything in the world and that made him the best dog I've ever had.

He will be sadly missed....
sheps mama
The one and only Shep Savelli: 9th July 1992 until 30th December 2006. You live on in our hearts and souls. Your daddy and I miss you terribly but as long as we remember you, you live on. I know you are pestering everyone up there for a butt rub - and I bet you get it too. All blue eyes and fur...... I will love you till the end of my life. Take care my sweet baby - mama loves you.******x
vizsla-angel
PATTON
03/09/2000 - 11/07/2000

German Shorthaired Pointer, Solid Liver -- No Photo Available

=======
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON LIGHTNING-STRIKE 11/08/2000, 2:38 AM:

Last Saturday, our German Shorthaired Pointer puppy, Patton became very ill and was rushed to an emergency animal hospital. He died Tuesday, November 7 at 4:30 am after all humane measures to save him failed. We knew he was weak and couldn't handle another surgery or open heart massage after CPR failed.
Patton was born March 9, 2000. At 7 or 8 weeks old, he went home with his first owners, David & Tina. They had always dreamed of starting their own GSP kennel and Patton was to be their foundation dog. He was a beautiful solid liver pup who was already pointing and retrieving on instinct and promised to do well in show and field compet*itions.
My husband Mark and I met David & Tina through our trainer. We saw them almost every weekend last summer. We watched with amazement as this little puppy showed up every other dog training, including our 4 year-old Max. Although we only saw each other in the field, we began a friendship based on our mutual love of upland bird dogs.
On August 30, David was murdered. He was only 32. He is survived by Tina, 26, their one-year-old daughter, and many other family members and dear friends.
Our tribute to David was to buy Patton from Tina and fulfill David's dream by competing Patton. After completing his show championship and master hunter t*itle, we were planning on giving one of his first puppies to David's daughter. We were in the process of pet*itioned the AKC to change Patton's registered name from "Lake Bluff's Trademark" to "David's Trade w/Mark". Unfortunately, Patton's death proceeded the completion of this.
Patton went on his first pheasant hunt with Max opening weekend. The dogs worked their hearts out, but were unsuccessful. Patton went another time with Mark and was again unsuccessful. He never had another chance to get his first pheasant.
When Patton first became ill two weeks ago, we thought it was just a virus. Unfortunately, it was a partial intestinal blockage which caused his intestines to begin attacking themselves. He had a five hour surgery in which the damaged section of his intestine was removed. He had lost approximately 8 lbs. because of his inability to digest food and was very weak. I transferred him from the emergency clinic to my vet Monday morning. He had no blood pressure and his temperature was 93. She gave him fluids and put him on a warmer to stabilize him for transport to an advanced emergency center 50 miles away. I climbed into the kennel with him and cuddled him for an hour to help him warm up. When we arrived at the emergency center, his temp had increased to 97 and he had a blood pressure of 80. He had many ups and downs Monday. That evening, Mark & I visited him and let him know how much we loved him. He raised his head and tried to wag his tail.
This morning, I called Tina. She asked me how Patton was doing and I told her he's with David now. We met at the emergency center together and said good-bye. We told him to "Go find Daddy David and get the birds."
While Tina and I were saying good-bye, Mark & Max were hunting. They got a young hen. I believe David and Patton's spirits were with them...
==================
FROM PATTON'S OTHER MOM:
I miss Patton and David so much that I can't even bear the pain at this point. Patton was one of the sweetest dogs I knew. When David was taken away from me and my daughter. I knew that Patton had to go to a home that would hunt him and keep David's dream alive of him being a Master hunter. Becky and Mark took that dream over for me since I am not a hunter. He was in a great home with two great people that loved him very much. I will never regret the decsion of selling him to them. I will forever think of patton and David in the field hunting and smiling with one another. I know I have two great sprits watching over me and my daughter from now on...
vizsla-angel
Moon Cat

Returned To The Wild ~~~ 2001

No one could believe you used to be a ferral cat with your regal beauty and love of people. But after 3 short years, you heard the call of the wild and left us for parts unknown.

I will never stop looking for you.....
vizsla-angel
Magic
Crossed over in 2004
Birthday unknown

My Magic girl who could magically appear and disappear. Her purr sounded like leaves in the wind. She was a soft spoken kitty with the purest love any heart has every known.
macgrl
Leo

Born: Some warm August summer day 1992
Died: Coldest day of the year, February 5th, 2007

Somehow it was fitting that this was the day his physical self chose to start shutting down, coldest day of the year and the deepest of winter symbolizes death.

When we first brought you home we did not know the impact you would make with our lives..and the lives of your small human siblings. You even had grandparents that you would come out to 'talk' to and greet by 'petting' their shoes, in cat language you were claiming them as your people.

You loved to hang out while mom did her gardening, delighted with every weed she pulled, stay very close to dad when he had some good stuff on the grill because you knew it was a given that you would get some treats for being the chef's support smile.gif

Those warm days is what we try to keep in our hearts when we think of you, because that is the best life gets. We will be thinking about you when the flowers bloom, the music is playing and the smells from the grill fill the yard.

one summer dream
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v201/mea...nt=MVI_0096.flv
Benjamin's Daddy
This, my sweet little boy, Benjamin, just a few days before he died.

Benjamin Bunny

December 5, 2000 - February 25, 2007
Beaglegirl
Boo

You came into our hearts when you were only a few hours old, and a hole was ripped in our hearts when you passed at a baby age of three.
We love you and we miss you.
My Buddy
HRUDEY, Red Golden Retriever, he was part of a litter born to an older mom who was not supposed to have any more litters. She was a very dark red and a smooth coated lady. His father, a large curly coated a little lighter red. He was the only male, large and fuzzy and into trouble from the start. I brought a basket with me when we picked him up in Palmdale CA., of course he wouldn't stay in it. He preferred to sit on the back of the seat, head facing out the back window, catching the breeze. He was a chubby buddy, who grew into a beautiful 80 lb, red boy, with lots of curls. He was the forever good looker... people always admiring him. He was always a sweet natured gentle guy, a real pushover with Fuzzball our cat, Frank. Frank ruled the roost. Hrudey ruled me. He was my main love and always will be... there is no other more dedicated and faithful boy. He never walked too far ahead of us on a walk, he was never far from my side. In the morning he would climb up in our bed and throw himself down in between us and sleep as long as we did, He loved swimming, chasing balls, tennis balls, chewing pine cones, sticks...every stick in the world was his, swimming at the beach, Big Bear Lake, swimming in rivers, swimming in pools, he loved smelling the salt air, or wild smells while camping, he loved pizza crusts, he loved stealing from you, socks, slippers anything to get your attention, carrying his leash in his mouth, he loved rolling on the bed and playing monster under the covers, he loved the feeling after a bath and a blow dry, he could hear your car when it was coming down the street and was waiting when you walked in the house, he loved to chase cats (except Frank) he protected Frank and Frank protected him. He loved snow, he first saw snow when he was two years old, we were in Mammoth CA, in January, he refused to stay inside our cabin, instead standing at the door to go out, he bounced and chewed and chased snow balls, and threw it in the air, absolutely loved snow...he would swim in the lake by breaking through ice on the edges in the winter time coming out with icicles on his fur, he would shiver as I dried him by the fire, loving every minute. He jumped into my bathtub when he was a baby, and would throw his tennis ball in the toilet so he could dunk his head to retrieve it again..

Born on August 5th, 1992, died on December 25, 2006, Lived 14 1/2 years long, a cherished forever sweet boy, a day does not go by that we don't think of you and smile...You are forever in our heart. My world will never be the same without you, you paved the way for all the dogs in our lives from now on.....they will be blessed in your memory...Until we see each other again in Heaven, Peace my boy, swim, run, chew, eat pizza crusts, roll on your back,get brushed all over, get kisses on your cheeks, get scratches behind your ears and soothing sleeper hold strokes under your chin...You are always with us.
Your family, Tory, Howard and Sophie XX00000000
wub.gif
vizsla-angel
Penny
01/30/2001 - 03/31/2007

No dog should have ever gone through what you had to for the first 4 1/2 years of your life. As cruely as they treated you, you still had the ability to love. But you still had so much fear.

Penny, if I could have just made you understand the phrase, "I'm not going to hit you," it would have all been ok. But the only one who could was your best friend Copper. After he died and your world fell apart, I tried so hard to help you understand.

I know you'll be happier with him...
JOANNE
My precious Raggs you have been gone almost 9mos I cannot believe I have been without you that long. I guess it is because you are always with me. Love you always.
Your Human Mom
My Buddy
Frank,

Frankie, Frankenfurter, Fuzz ball, Fuzzie, Born: 1980 Died: 2003, 23 years

Adopted at the Dumb Friends League, Boulder Colorado, 1980, by my husband Howard, he lived in Boulder Colorado, was an outdoor cat, scrapping with other cats, catching mice, snakes from the creek or any other crawly creatures. He did not like to share Howard, and would sit in my seat or scratch me when I tried to pet him. He was not the nicest guy I'd ever met. Eventually, we both moved to California, where we lived together and the beginning of cat love. Frank would sleep by my legs in the bed, no matter where I put him he would re-settle himself right between my feet, he put up with vet appointments, regular baths and special food, and in the end medicines and treatments including sub cu fluids. He was always a tough guy preferring to not be held, but liked to sit on your lap when it was cold outside when he chose. He loved to sit right next to our wood stove, or on the window sill. He loved peas, cantolope, hamachi Kama from the sushi bar, and tuna, in the order. He was pretty much an alley cat, who fought regularly with neighbor cats, would beg food, and even lived with neighbors on a few occasions, was called a different name by those walking by. He escaped the yard even in his old age, begging tuna from the neighbors. He liked to sit under parked cars on the street and had a perpetual grease mark on his forehead. He grew to like my dog, although at a distance, Frank ruled my boy I'm afraid, however did protect him from another dog, trying to get down and fight, on his hind feet. He had to be rescued. He did not like car rides, or going up to Big Bear cabin, but did put up with it in the end. He would howl at the vet, did not like it a bit. His life ended in his 23 year of life, from a cancerous tumor, even though he had absolutely zero kidney function surprising the vet many times, he continued to eat, sleep, try to jump from table to counter, etc, he fought even to the end. He was soothed by my husband being with us in the end. We will always love him, Fuzzball, we miss the buddy, the pal, the little ball of love. We know you are with Hrudey now, probably protecting him and keeping him in line. Peace my boy, hoping you are getting brushed, eating peas and cantalope, sleeping in the sun or next to a warm fire, stalking through grass or catching all sorts of wild things, getting lots of love and care, until we are reunited. Take care of Hrudey boy, he needs you, kisses my boy, even if you didn't particularly like them, only on the forehead. Our hearts are broken, but we know you are in a better place, no more pain and suffering, lots of love, Your Family, Howard, Tory and Sophie.
mikebrowne
Moosh
Summer 1992
March 29, 2007

Our dear old dog, Moosh, has gone to the big field in the sky. She had become very dizzy, was falling down and was confused.

It turns out she was having strokes rather than just vestibular disease and her heart was calling it quits. We found a lump on her neck that turned out to be an infected salivary gland and took her to the vet this afternoon fearing the worst. The vet said he didn't believe that she would survive the required treatment for the glandular infection and may only have lived a few days longer. He confirmed what we suspected last night, that probably the kindest thing we could do for Moosh was to relieve her suffering.

Dr Loff gently walked us through the whole ordeal as I'd seen Dad, as a veterinarian, do a number of times. He made Moosh comfortable with a soft bed and blanket and we were with her as he relaxed her with the first shot and as she went off to sleep with the second one. Moosh passed away very peacefully at approximately 4:15pm our time. Moosh had a warm loving spirit right to the very end. She was nearly 15 years old and very easy to love.

We're having her privately cremated and will spread her ashes in a couple of her ###### places, namely Ambleside Beach and Lynn Valley's nature trails.

We'll miss our friend are sad to have lost her, but are glad she's not suffering any more.

I think tomorrow I'll do a more creative memorial.

I love you Moosh. I sure will miss you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.