Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Most Precious Valentine
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
JenniferLynn
Today, on Valentines' Day, I am ready to post a tribute to my most beloved Freddy, whose earthly body passed from us on November 6, 2005, from hemangiosarcoma, just 25 days post surgery. They say man is made in God's image but it is the dog who echoes the divine, who truly walks above all other beasts of the Earth.

Freddy.
My Life Dog.
From the moment my eyes locked with yours in that shelter, I knew.
I knew you were there to save me.
I knew you were sent to me.
I knew I loved you and had always loved you.
I knew I had to overcome earthly obstacles to make you mine.

The seas were parted and you came home.
You took over my heart.
You are my heart.

You KNEW me.
You saved me.
I needed you.
I need you.
You opened the doors to my life.
You set me on the path of happiness.
You taught me everything.

You were a gift, every minute of every day.
Your gifts continue.
You continue.
I pass through the doors you continue to open.
I am humbled by your Grace.
Blessed am I to have known.
Thank you, God, for allowing me to see his magnificence.
A gift to heal me, to love me, to save me.

I am but a living testament to his love.
I am his love.
I live from the hope he gave me.
I know he sees me.
I know he knows me.

The night is not still.
I hear you, Freddy.
I smell you.
I feel you.
I love you.
JenniferLynn
It's been one year and one day since your precious body slipped away.

I told myself that yestreday was not a special day. It is not special because I think of you every day. Your indelible spirit is here with me always. Yesterday was a marker in time and nothing more.

You are my whole heart. You are the love of my life. Yesterday, today and every day I take a breath.

No, yesterday was not a special day.

I love you, my most precious heart.
Ken Albin
Thank you for sharing the tribute. As long as Freddy is remembered and in your heart every day is a special day.

Take care,
Ken Albin
smile.gif
JOANNE
Ken, I checked daddy's cat website and enjoyed seeing the furbabies. I especially loved Luvey and that Sebastian! they all are adorable. I have always had dogs and my sister cats but I love them both. My raggs was the world to me. I had an Aunt that had 5 inside cats and may wild cats she fed. She always had special meals for her inside babies she never had children and these were her babies.
Joanne (Raggs Mom)
JenniferLynn
To my most beloved heart and soul, my Freddy.

It has been two years since you left me. Not a day goes by that I do not think of you. Not a day goes by that I do not ache for you. Not a day goes by that I am not filled with bittersweet joy because of having loved you.

You are my heart and the love of my life. Thank you for the angels you have sent to us.

I love you, my most magnificent boy.
John B
My heart goes out to you as your remember and miss Freddy, but my heart rejoices with you as you remember how precious a friend he was to you. You will never be alone.
eddies mom
JenniferLynn,

your tributes to Freddy are beautiful. as long as you hold onto your memories, his little spirit will always live inside of you. what a cutiepie. i too am dreading that one year mark, so my hubby told me we'd keep celebrating his bday, which is the month before eddie passed. your tributes really touched me. the special ones, like freddy will continue to live on within us.

take care of yourself.
eddies mom
forduffy
JenniferLynn,

[QUOTE]They say man is made in God's image but it is the dog who echoes the divine, who truly walks above all other beasts of the Earth.

I especially love that statement! Your tributes are so touching. What a beautiful boy Freddy was! No-these anniversaries are not special days-everyday is just as much a struggle. They are mere marks in time. I am so sorry for such a terrible loss. My heart goes out to you.
LoveThem
What a wonderful tribute and poem to Freddy. Our special ones are never never forgotten! They have their special place in our hearts and memories that will never be erased or fade away. I am so sorry for your loss. The pictures are wonderful. I can't think of anything else to say because your tribute was so beautiful...it just simply said it all. Take Care.......
JenniferLynn
I want to thank those who so kindly repsonded on Freddy's thread. It means so very much to me that he has a special place here on this forum, a place that I can come to remember him, among caring people who understand and appreciate the magnificent gifts dogs are to us.

God bless you all.

PS For me, I took my grief and turned it into a fierce energy to help rescue abandoned and abused dogs, including the two we adopted (the angels he sent to us) after he passed. Freddy was a shelter dog. In Freddy's honor, I will never stop being one more small but strong voice for adoption, rescue and compassion for all living creatures.
JenniferLynn
My Freddy. My magnificent boy. I will never forget you. Each day, you walk in my heart. You live there. The gift of you will never end. Three years ago today, your physical body faded away but your soul is present in every moment of every day.

Thank you for all you have given to me.
Flossie's Mom
I see you come here to remember Freddie each year to pay tribute. Some are just so very special that they are always with you it.

How wonderful that you saved him and now are so involved with saving abandonded and abused dogs. Freddies "angels". We now have a dog that was evidently abandonded or got lost from her owner and she is such a joy. The way she wants to always be with my husband & doesn't want to be inside the shop unless the large overhead door is open makes us wonder if she was closed in sometime as well as been dumped somewhere.

I hope to be able to save dogs & cats eventually as we will be on a large acerage begining next summer. We have 2 cats & 2 dogs now in the family. The other dog was left abandonded in an apartment so our daughter took her 4 years ago as a little puppy.
LoveThem
The fact that you continue to help rescue these beautiful sweethearts just shows that
Freddie's unconditional love is a gift that...keeps on giving.....now ...through you.

I agree it is special to be able to come here and visit our very best friends whenever we
want to.

You two new babies are very lucky. Your devotion to shelter babies is wonderful.
I did adopt my first shelter cat last December...after I lost my Little Guy. I have given
homes in my lifetime to a couple of wonderful dogs who needed a home also.

Bless you for continuing to help these special ones. Watching over you..I can imagine that
Freddie's tail has never stopped wagging....

JenniferLynn
November 6th is not a special day...it came and went.....I think of you, my precious boy, every day, so November 6th is not a special day.

Did you hear me last night? When I told my new friends about you and laughed with joy when I told them stories about you. Then, like always, that little pang of grief rippled through me. I looked at your picture and wanted so much to hold you. Four years without you. Yet, my heart is not empty. It is full of you, and the legacy you left us. The joy of Max, Peppy and Elmo. They live on and fill our hearts. All because of you.

Thank you, my most beautiful boy. I love you more than ever. I miss you.
JenniferLynn
Hello, Sweet Boy. Today it is five years since you left us. I love you more than ever. My heart is full of you.

We miss you. We love you. You changed our lives. You will never be forgotten.
JenniferLynn
I did not forget, my most beautiful precious heart. Sunday was November 6th. Six years to the day since we lost you. I thought of you all day. I thought of what I'd say here about you. I still miss you and think of you every day. We love you so much. Your legacy lives on. Thank you for the tremendous gift you gave me. My life is full because of you--a little dog with the most enourmous heart and soul of any living creature I have ever known.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.