> 7 Long Years W/o My Sabin, My Tribute To My Boy
Furkidlets' Mom
post Feb 2 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 961

*********************** SABIN **********************
************************* Jan.21, 1987 - Feb.2, 2000 **************************

Sabin, our extraordinary and deeply adored furchild returned to spirit on Feb 2, 2000, at his home, at the age of 13 years, after an intrepid, month-long encounter with illness. Born about January 21, 1987, Sabin intuitively 'recognized' his adoptive parents at the Winnipeg Humane Society, on March 28, 1987. Their hearts and souls echoed his and so, within minutes, he and his sister, Nissa, took their places as treasured family members. Thus began a consciously cherished, wholly shared lifetime of love's instruction at their first home in Winnipeg. Sabin spent his first four years there, joyfully experiencing with his family the days and evenings in their garden, as well as many group, and some solitary, jaunts in the peaceful wilds behind his home. There he became the very competent, proud and never-wasteful rodent hunter he was to remain always. In 1991, he moved with his family to Alberta, where, through his qualities of loyalty and leadership, he became thefamily's staunch defender of house and home. Sharing his Mom's love of nature and the outdoors, they spent countless hours exploring the riverbank together and sitting, hunting or playing in the tall grass near their home. Here, 'hide-and-seek' was a shared fav*ourite; one of many avenues that allowed Sabin's comical sense of humour to shine. As special as the white tip of his tail, he persistently demonstrated lessons in devotion, courage, enthusiasm for life, freedom and nonconformity. Sabin's beloved attributes included an innate second sight and the ability to communicate psychically, both a blessing and a testament to the deep, enduring bond he formed with his family. Commanding great spunk, despite many physical challenges throughout his life, Sabin dauntlessly gave his all, lovingly and generously bestowing his unique and powerful gifts of the heart, right to his final moments on this earth. With wonder and undying, loving grat*itude for all that he gave us, and the utmost admiration for all that he is, we pay fitting tribute to our kidlet, our pal, our teacher and soul-mate.

How I love thee, Boo-Boo...and how I always will. Our hearts and souls can never be parted, my Bud. Every day I will await the time I can once again stroke your silky-sleek little head, and kiss you to pieces upon your smoochy-lips. And one glorious day I will again call you wordlessly, and you will hear, and joyously run, "Woo-woo"ing to greet me, when at last we meet in the tall grasses of our eternal unity...together again, forever wrapped in each other's love. I love you, Boo-Boo....endlessly.....

~Mom~

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
... I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
... - I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears of all my life! - and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death."
~ E. B. Browning ~

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlleysMama
post Feb 2 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,356

What an absolutely beautiful and fitting tribute to dear Sabin. Thank you for sharing it, and him, with us.

He looks so handsome and proud in his picture. Seven years is a long time to be without him, but the love they add to our lives, is eternal.

--------------------
Read Alley's Story

May 1, 1997 to December 9, 2006 - Always in My Heart

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post Feb 3 2007, 02:59 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 961

Thanks Paula. This is one of my most treasured pics of my boy cuz he so often had this expression on his face and yet I only captured it once on film....all perky, scampy and, well, maybe not proud so much as co*cky, and plotting ways to be kooky! rolleyes.gif It also highlights his great ears, which, just like Nissa's, were wonderfully oversized....which is what I really like in a cat....and his magnificent whiskahs which, like his tail, were extremely long and matched his fur....so well colour-coordinated (again, just like his sister in both ways). And I can still feel his unbelievably soft and velvety fur on my skin...it never failed to surprise and thrill me no end, each and every time I touched him. Took my breath away, it did. There will never be another black cat quite like him.....Mom's understandable bias aside. I miss my boy SOOOO much.unsure.gif

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:07 PM