Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steph
post Jul 29 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 363

Is the white rat the mom? Wow, they are sure tiny and helpless eh? I had gerbils when I was a kid. Did your cats and the rats live peacefully, or did you have to monitor them like crazy?

--------------------
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today."
- Watership Down, Richard Adams

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jul 29 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #3

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

if those two pics are of the same litter, wow they grew fast.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Jul 30 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,836

QUOTE (Steph @ Jul 29 2008, 05:22 PM) *
Is the white rat the mom? Wow, they are sure tiny and helpless eh? I had gerbils when I was a kid. Did your cats and the rats live peacefully, or did you have to monitor them like crazy?

hi steph. yes that's the mom(shirley aka mama). their dad is black and white semi hairless. they are so tiny. now they are running around and driving their mom crazy lol. i used to have gerbils too. they would have babies every month. some of my cats like the rats, some would like to eat them lol. one rat i just adopted plays with the cats and cleans them. he thinks he's a cat:) thanks for caring

with love corina and her angels
1st pic is my kitty chestnut with hizache the rat, 2nd pic is my kitty flower with hizache

Attached image(s)

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Jul 30 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (LS Support @ Jul 29 2008, 08:14 PM) *
if those two pics are of the same litter, wow they grew fast.

yes they are. they grew in the blink of an eye. now they are running around and eatting on their own. now what to do with 8 rats? lol thanx for caring.

+Quote Post
mosmommy
post Jul 31 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 910

I just love rodent and cat species of all kinds.
What a little gift to have them born when you needed more souls to love.
I thought that my Gordon looked a bit like the black and white baby rat. He was a mouse, of course, but when baby rats are that small, they look like his breed.

Thank you for sharing.
Michelle

Gordon did have a "possum" face.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Our beloved Cosmo came to us in June 1995, and died on May 24, 2005.
Our beloved Beaner came to us in April 1992, and died on June 18, 2006.
Our beloved Creep came to us in October 1997, and died on May 22, 2004.
All our babies are loved and sorely missed.

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Aug 1 2008, 03:29 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (mosmommy @ Jul 31 2008, 07:47 AM) *
I just love rodent and cat species of all kinds.
What a little gift to have them born when you needed more souls to love.
I thought that my Gordon looked a bit like the black and white baby rat. He was a mouse, of course, but when baby rats are that small, they look like his breed.

Thank you for sharing.
Michelle

Gordon did have a "possum" face.

awww what an adorable mouse. he did have a cute possum face.some rodents act just like cats. what animal wouldnt want to be a cat? lol.they are a gift. thank you. is gordon an angel mouse or is he still on earth? right now the baby rats look like over weight mice:)thanx for making me smile.

+Quote Post
mosmommy
post Aug 1 2008, 04:34 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 910

awww what an adorable mouse. he did have a cute possum face.some rodents act just like cats. what animal wouldnt want to be a cat? lol.they are a gift. thank you. is gordon an angel mouse or is he still on earth? right now the baby rats look like over weight mice:)thanx for making me smile.

I am sorry to say that my Gordon is an Angel Mouse as of May 21, 2008.

My post of loss

I bet watching those babies grow is fun.
I adopted 2 female fancy mice from the shelter back in late November, 2004. One was already pregnant, and gave birth to 14 babies (12 survived). I had the choice to bring them back to the shelter, but fell in love with them, so I kept all 14 ( 2 adult females, 5 baby females, and 7 male babies.) They were especially fun to watch all together before they had to be separated.

Unfortunately, they were possibly inbred at the shelter because of someone's error in observation, and had much shorter life spans than I am used to. They started to pass in July 2005, and one by one until early 2007. It's been sad with that whole thing.
I'll see if I can find a clear picture, they were all the same color, except the one adult female ( not the Mommy) had white on her.
Attached image(s)

--------------------
Our beloved Cosmo came to us in June 1995, and died on May 24, 2005.
Our beloved Beaner came to us in April 1992, and died on June 18, 2006.
Our beloved Creep came to us in October 1997, and died on May 22, 2004.
All our babies are loved and sorely missed.

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Aug 1 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (mosmommy @ Aug 1 2008, 04:34 AM) *
I am sorry to say that my Gordon is an Angel Mouse as of May 21, 2008.

My post of loss

I bet watching those babies grow is fun.
I adopted 2 female fancy mice from the shelter back in late November, 2004. One was already pregnant, and gave birth to 14 babies (12 survived). I had the choice to bring them back to the shelter, but fell in love with them, so I kept all 14 ( 2 adult females, 5 baby females, and 7 male babies.) They were especially fun to watch all together before they had to be separated.

Unfortunately, they were possibly inbred at the shelter because of someone's error in observation, and had much shorter life spans than I am used to. They started to pass in July 2005, and one by one until early 2007. It's been sad with that whole thing.
I'll see if I can find a clear picture, they were all the same color, except the one adult female ( not the Mommy) had white on her.

im sorry about your loss of gordon and all your fancy mice. never seen a mouse that color. they are so pretty. some mice dont live very long. its sad. my first mouse i loved so much passed in one week. his name was ralph. he was my secret pet because i had bought him as a kid and didnt tell my parents lol. we were best secret friends that whole week. he never wanted to run away. he always stayed on me. your mice sounded so sweet. even though their loves were too short im sure you gave them the best life with love.thank you for sharing your story with me.

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Aug 20 2008, 03:19 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (openhearted87 @ Aug 1 2008, 04:20 PM) *
im sorry about your loss of gordon and all your fancy mice. never seen a mouse that color. they are so pretty. some mice dont live very long. its sad. my first mouse i loved so much passed in one week. his name was ralph. he was my secret pet because i had bought him as a kid and didnt tell my parents lol. we were best secret friends that whole week. he never wanted to run away. he always stayed on me. your mice sounded so sweet. even though their loves were too short im sure you gave them the best life with love.thank you for sharing your story with me.

Just wanted to give an Update: last week the 2 possible fathers of the baby rats passed within 2 days of each other. they went from natural causes.they were adopted from my college after being worked on by people in the vet tech program in may 08. i fell for them as i had never seen semi hairless rats before. they live on in their 8 children. r.i.p. Nike and his bestfriend

Attached image(s)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:05 AM