Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone Took My Beloved Cat
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Lost or Missing Pet Support
beth
I discovered my beautiful solid white cat, Gorbi, was missing Friday morning 10/31/03
It was very puzzling because we have a fenced in yard with a "cat fence in system" so they cant get out. We have a screened in porch with a pet door so they can access the yard but not go any further. I thought I had taken all precautions to keep my cats safe.I searched over the yard then all around the fence. There was no way for him to get out, and my other cats were there. Then it started to sink in. It is halloween. I had heard of people doing bad things to cats this time of year. I have always kept them inside but I have a 15 month old who wants to pull their hair so have been keeping them out to protect them. I had a lock on the gate, but when the yard was mowed the week before it was not locked back. Now I am so grief stricken, I searched on the internet reguarding white cats and rituals and discovered solid white cats are as at risk as solid black ones this time of year because they symbolize purity. I am so grief stricken but cant grieve during the day for taking care of my son. Once he is asleep I just cry.
I cant help but imagine the horrible deeds they did to my cat. I think about his fear. He was such a loving cat, he played fetch with a small ball. I adopted him when he was just a kitten 5 years ago. I also have his mother. She seems to be looking for him and that just really breaks my heart. I am also scared now in my home. The thoughts of someone like that outside my door is so creepy. My husband is a fireman and not always available. I feel like everyone in my neighborhood should be alerted to what has happened but dont know where to start. I cant even talk about it to anyone without the fear of breaking down an crying right now.
SJ J & S
I know there are evil people out there but your letting your imagination run wild and torturing yourself with no proof.

Please put up the usual lost leaflets, ask at your local vets and put a big sign on your gate, its more likely that some half wit opened your gate and Gorbi got out.

Its bad enough that he missing and I know its easy to say, but you must try to not imagine the worst, your torturing yourself about something that probably hasn’t happened.

Im assuming that it’s a busy time in the streets in America on Halloween so ask your neighbours if they saw anything or anyone suspicious hanging around, did any of the kids knock on your door, if you know them ask them if they shut the gate or if Gorbi was in the garden at the time.

If your 100% sure then report it to the police, I doubt they’ll do anything but if a cat has been reported they will know about it.

Good Luck
Sue
LS Support
agreed with sue. tho authorities and shelters recommend keeping pets in on halloween, they also
recommend the same on independence day and most any other holiday. get those leaflets out, check
the local shelters, keep an eye out. she might have been freaked by the kids running around for
beggars night and ended up in another part of your neighborhood that is unfamiliar too.
beth
I have put out leaflets as well as an add in the newspaper. I try to remain optimistic. However, I felt so sure about this, I did also notify the police. I dont think they will do anything, but they were nice about it and the policeman said he had heard of this type of thing but had no other reports of problems in our area. He did not make me feel crazy for calling them as I had thought. Thanks for your support. Beth
glennb
Someone attemptedto steal a cat of mine last year out of our window. Fortunately for us my guard dog lupo was home recouperating from a beating a German Shepard female gave him. Lupo got a hold of the guy with lupo's cat in his hands by jumping through the window the guy forced open (lupo has since retired to a farm). and well the guy resisted and got a broken leg for his trouble. The police came charged the guy with theft, and when the guy wanted me charged with assault The Sargent said
Not happening
. However the guy's wife called the SPCA they came took my statement. and told her in front of me that.the dog was well within the law because her husband was caught in the commission of a crime against the property that the dog was staying and the dog released when commanded.

glenn
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.