Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grief
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
Tanya
Hello. My beloved dog passed away yesterday
He was 11 years old and he died peacefully in hands of my parents.I am not able to cope up with the fact that he is gone forever and I wont be able to see him ever again.He was my best friend.What can I do to ease the pain sad.gif ?
LittleGirl'sMommy
Oh Tanya, I am so very sorry to hear of the physical loss of your precious dog !! There is nothing like this kind of grief. sad.gif

He is still there with you but just not in the physical form that you can hug and see. He knew (and knows) he is loved. wub.gif

Do you have people in your life who understand and can be there for support and comfort? Do you have other pets?

I'm glad you found this site. It has some helpful "guidelines" on coping with grief, and people here are very empathetic.

Please check back in and let us know how you are doing. We're here for you!

Prayers of comfort coming your way,

Kathy
moon_beam
Hi, Tanya, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved canine companion. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company.

Tanya, this grief journey is one of the most painful experiences you will know on this side of eternity. It is a journey that can only be traveled one day at a time sometimes one moment at a time for you are now on a journey that is filled with all the first withouts and the memories that can be all too painful right now that include this time yesterday, last week, last month, last year to endure. It is a journey that is filled with many different emotions that can overwhelm us all at one time which is why it is frequently referred to as a horror roller coaster ride.

The saving grace in this painful journey is the blessing that the love bond you and your beloved companion share is eternal. Love is not restricted to the physical laws of time and space. Although your beloved companion's sweet Living Spirit is now free from his physical body he is still very much a part of your continued earthly journey - - for his sweet Living Spirit is always and forever a part of your heart and memories, Tanya - - he is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

I do know so very well from first hand experience that when our hearts are entrenched in deep grief there are no adequate words in any language that can soothe the searing pain of sorrow. Still I hope the words I share with you will offer you some measure of comfort, support, encouragement, and hope as you travel your grief adjustment journey.

Thank you so much for honoring us in sharing your beloved companion with us, Tanya. Perhaps sometime you would like to share a picture of him with us - - but only if / when you want to. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Tanya, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.