Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Only Friends Died.........
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
deadinsideforever
My orange tabby cat Trevor died last Oct from cancer and then Angel my orange tabby died in Jan from cancer. It's killing me. So close together I can't believe it. I have their ashes on my dresser with my childhood cat Dawn and ny dog J.J. plus my aunts' dogs Muffin and Tickles.My aunt died of cancer so I took the ashes since no one else would. My dresser looks like some sort of grave site it's so depressing I can't sleep.........
moon_beam
Hi, deadinsideforever, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical losses of your beloved Trevor and Angel. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company. Losing more than one companion in a short period of time intensifies the grief.

Deadinside, this grief journey is one of the most painful experiences you will know on this side of eternity. It is a journey that can only be traveled one day at a time sometimes one moment at a time for you are now on a journey that is filled with all the first withouts and the memories that can be all too painful right now that include this time yesterday, last week, last month, last year to endure. It doesn't matter if it's our first grief experience or our thousandth - - each grief journey is uniquely painful because each relationship we have with our individual companions is uniquely individual. In other words, it doesn't get easier as we experience more losses - - and it isn't meant to be.

I can truly understand how you are feeling as I have known multiple losses close to each other of beloved companions who have shared my earthly journey, and the grief is incredibly intense. The grief adjustment journey is difficult enough when we lose the physical presence of one companion. When we lose other companions so close together it can make us feel like our grief will truly never end.

But I assure you, deadinsideforever, that eventually the deep grief will ease and you will eventually be able to think of your beloved Trevor and Angel and find yourself smiling - - truly smiling - - and your heart will fill with the warmth of the many treasured and cherished memories you and your beloved companions share. Love is eternal, deadinsideforever - - it is not restricted to the physical laws of time and space. Your beloved Trevor's and Angel's, and all of your beloved companions', sweet Living Spirits are always and forever with you - - for they are always and forever in your heart and memories - - they are always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

I know so very well from first hand experience that when our hearts are entrenched in deep grief there are no adequate words in any language that can soothe the searing pain of sorrow. Still I hope the words I share with you will offer you some measure of comfort, support, encouragement, and hope as you travel your grief adjustment journey.

Thank you so much for honoring us in sharing your beloved Trevor and Angel, and all of your beloved companions who are no with the angels with us. Perhaps sometime you feel up to sharing pictures of them with us, but only when / if you want to. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, deadinsideforever, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LittleGirl'sMommy
Oh, Deadinside, I am SO very sorry about the physical loss of both your Trevor and your Angel !

I love what moon_beam said: "Love is eternal, deadinsideforever - - it is not restricted to the physical laws of time and space. Your beloved Trevor's and Angel's, and all of your beloved companions', sweet Living Spirits are always and forever with you." Trevor and Angel are right there with you---just not in their familiar physical forms. They love you and know how much you love them. wub.gif They want you to be comforted.

Please continue to share anything you would like to---pictures, stories, feelings.

Do you have other pets at home to hold onto during this excruciating time? Do you have other support where you are? I'm really glad you found this site.

I will be thinking about you and sending prayers your way,

Kathy
deadinsideforever
Thanks guys. I'm sorry for your losses as well.
I recently adopted Matt. He's an orange black and white cat. I'm not sure what breed. He's my only friend now, He 's going to be 13 sometime this year. I hope he lives long because all this death and bad luck is breaking me. I wish things would just go smoothly for once.
LittleGirl'sMommy
I am so glad to hear about Matt. wub.gif

People on this site have some very helpful things to say. We all understand this kind of pain.

I will keep checking in.

Cuddle with Matt and I hope that you keep writing here.

Prayers,

Kathy
moon_beam
Hi, deadinsideforever, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. I too am very glad you have your precious Matt for comfort and company as you travel your grief adjustment journey. Did you have Matt at the same time your beloved Trevor and Angel were physically with you? If so, your precious Matt is probably also grieving in his own way over the losses of his housemates.

I know what you mean when you share with us "all this death and bad luck is breaking me." I remember so well when my beloved canine companion Oslo joined the angels in December 2009 and my beloved feline companion Abbygayle joined the angels in March 2010. There was so much sorrow in the house that the house literally felt like death to me. It also took my surviving precious feline company Noah several months to adjust to the physical losses of all of his housemates. So please know we do understand what you're going through, and we're here for you for as long and as often as you need us.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Matt kindly, deadinsideforever, and that you and your precious Matt will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Trevor's, Angel's, and all of your beloved companions' sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you and your precious Matt are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.