Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rip Bandit
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
Abby's Mom
Friends,

I found this site in 2011 when my beloved Abby passed away. It was a source of comfort and really helped me through that time. Shortly after, I rescued new baby I named Bailey, and she will be 5 in April.

The following year I lost a very dear friend to cancer and his family gave me the privelige of taking his dog Bandit. I was already Bandit's unofficial mama and had known her and looked after her for her whole life.

Tonight I had to make the awful decision to help my precious 14 year old girl cross the rainbow bridge. My heart is breaking so badly right now that I am typing through tears.

So I come to you again, asking for your support as I figure out my new normal without precious Bandit by my side. She was one of the sweetest souls God ever created:)
Gunners Mama
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Bandit. It sounds like your friends family knew that you were already his unofficial mommy and that you would give her a great life. They made a great decision. It sounds like Bandit was very lucky to have you in her life. I just lost my handsome boy Gunner 2 1/2 months ago and I still cry every day. He was only 7 and it was unexpected. I'm still not used to the new normal. I don't know if I ever will be. The only thing that all of us can do is take one day at a time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
moon_beam
Hi, Abby, please permit me to add my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Bandit. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company.

As you know this grief journey is one of adjusting to the physical absence of your beloved Bandit which is both physically and emotionally painful. Even though you have traveled this journey before it doesn't matter if it's our first experience of loss or our thousandth - - each grief journey is uniquely painful because each relationship we have with each of our companions is uniquely individual. They each find a uniquely special place in our heart that only they can occupy, and when they precede us to the angels the deep grief feels like that part of our heart will be broken forever. Hopefully as the deep grief eases you will find a peace in your heart that will comfort you in knowing that your beloved Bandit's sweet Living Spirit is always and forever a part of your heart and memories - - she is always and forever a heartbeat close to you - - and the deep grief that is now in your heart will not be so intense. But until this time comes for you, please know we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us, and will find comfort, support, encouragement, and hope as you travel your grief adjustment journey.

Thank you so much for honoring us in sharing your beloved Bandit with us, Abby. Perhaps sometime you will feel up to sharing a picture of her with us - - but only when / if you want to. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LittleGirl'sMommy
Dear Bandit's, Bailey's, and Abby's Mom,

I am so very sorry to hear of the physical loss of your precious Bandit ! sad.gif As you know, there is nothing quite like this pain. sad.gif

As Gunner's Mama said, your dear friend's family made a wise decision to officially give Bandit to you. wub.gif

Bandit and your friend, and Abby, are together, and they are all still with you---just not in their familiar physical forms. And I know you miss them so much. Years from now when it is your time, you will be fully reunited.

Fourteen years with precious Bandit--wow. Am interested in hearing anything about Bandit, and about how you are doing, that you feel like sharing.

Sending prayers of comfort your way,

Kathy
LittleGirl'sMommy
Dear Bandit's, Bailey's, and Abby's Mom,

I am so very sorry to hear of the physical loss of your precious Bandit ! sad.gif As you know, there is nothing quite like this pain. sad.gif

As Gunner's Mama said, your dear friend's family made a wise decision to officially give Bandit to you. wub.gif

Bandit and your friend, and Abby, are together, and they are all still with you---just not in their familiar physical forms. And I know you miss them so much. Years from now when it is your time, you will be fully reunited.

Fourteen years with precious Bandit--wow. Am interested in hearing anything about Bandit, and about how you are doing, that you feel like sharing.

Sending prayers of comfort your way,

Kathy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.