Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blackie Crossed Over The Bridge Today
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
LS Support
today my wife and her son went to the vet to put down our dog Blackie. he was 15 years old and was found in a garbage can along with his sister.

he fought an autoimmune disease as a pup (recovered), cancer and a broken back. toward the end he was nearly blind from cataracts and pretty much lost his hearing. amazingly he got by. in fact we never expected him to live this long but are so happy he did.

it was his time to cross over the bridge where he will be loved by everyone. thank you Blackie for being there for us. rest in peace old friend. we will see you again one day.

Click to view attachment
LoveMyMickey
Dear Marc,

I am so sorry about your loss of Blackie. He was such a handsome dog. Sounds like you and your family took great care of him with all his problems. He was a blessed doggie to have you all, as well as you all were blessed to have him. I know you miss him.

You and family are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless..

LoveMyMickey
LittleGirl'sMommy
Oh Marc, I'm so very sorry about the physical loss of your precious Blackie !! sad.gif

What an earthly life you gave him (found in a garbage can?! sad.gif I felt absolute horror when I read that. And cancer and a broken back.... Blackie sure hit the jackpot of all jackpots when he met you). Did his sister stay with you as well? I may have heard her story on here but I don't recall.

Know that he's in complete bliss, romping with Tribble and all the other precious souls who are free spirits but yet are also there with you and your family. wub.gif

But no matter how many times we humans go through it, there is NOTHING like that physical separation. sad.gif How we'd give anything to have them in our arms again.

What a handsome boy he is. How old was he in that picture? He looks so carefree and joyful.

Write any time and let us know how you and your family are doing. Do you have other pets as well? As you must know, you always have us here on this (wonderful, life-saving) site!

Sending prayers of peace to you and your family.

Kathy
moon_beam
Hi, Marc, please permit me to add my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Blackie. Even though we "know" our beloved companions are restored to their former youthfulness in the company of the angels, there is still the adjustment we must endure to their physical absence. It doesn't matter if it's our first experience or our thousandth - - each grief journey is uniquely painful.

How blessed your beloved Blackie is to have you and all your family for his Forever Dad and Family, and you are now blessed to be his sole, and soul, heir to his eternal love.

Thank you so much for honoring us in sharing your beloved Blackie with us, Marc. He is so handsome - - such a sweet face which I know brought you and your family much joy every moment of every day. I know so well from first hand experience that when our hearts are grieving there really are no adequate words in any language that can soothe searing pain of sorrow. Still, I hope the words I share with you - - along with our other forum friends - - will offer you some measure of comfort, support, encouragement, and hope as you and your family travel your grief adjustment journey. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, Marc, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

LS Support
thank you friends, my wife is taking it the hardest (it was her pup when we got married 10 years ago and he was a savior during hard times).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.