Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bella Under The China Cabinet
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Trina
Bella (no, not Twilight-related!) came home almost two days ago. I lost my sweet cat Richie a week ago, and am still grieving for him, but giving someone new a safe, loving home always helps me. Maybe it's because I grew up with multiple pets and for most of my life it remained that way. At any rate, here's Bella, with me now.

She's a bit jumpy, and for now she's mainly choosing to live under my china cabinet. She comes out to take care of the necessities, and once in a while to be petted. I'm often finding myself lying on the floor, petting her, though! She loves petting, and has a good, loud purr. Bella is a *very* dilute calico - is there a term for that? The first photo here was taken by her previous human. The colors in it are pretty accurate. The second pic is one I took just after she arrived home with me, and her coloring looks a few times brighter than it actually is. She was hiding her face, trying to be as tiny as possible (which is not tiny at all!). I see that I'm going to have to post the 2nd pic in a separate message. .. I'm having trouble getting a good pic of her under the china cabinet, and, so far, she's not been out long enough for me to take one. I'm sure she'll decide she's safe here, soon enough (I'm patient!) and will be sure to take more photos then.

I think she may have been bullied by one of her littermates at her former home; either that or this is genetic shyness. Maybe a combination? At any rate, I'm prepared to stay in it for the long haul while she gets comfortable.

Trina
Here's the 2nd pic of Bella. She's pretty much in focus in this one lol.
moon_beam
Hi, Trina, please permit me to offer you my sincerest CONGRATULATIONS on your new companion Bella. She is so pretty. With your love and reassurance she will soon discover that she is now in a safe place - - that she now has a Forever Mom and a Forever Home.

I also truly believe that your beloved Richie gently guided your and Bella's paths to this point in time when you would become a new family together. Your beloved Richie knows the capacity of love that your heart holds, and is so very proud of you for embracing a new companion into your heart and home. He now has a sister to lovingly guide and watch over from his heavenly home.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Bella with us, Trina. I hope today is treating you and your precious girl kindly, and that you both will have a very peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Richie's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you and your precious Bella are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.