Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dirty Old Stray
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Websites, News and Other Info
Tom's Dad
I came across this on You-Tube not long after Sir Thomas passed away. It made me think that this little cat's story is all too common. The parents buy a kitten in a pet store for their child. The kitten grows to become a cat. The child loses interest, and the parents can't be bothered to care for her. So, they drive somewhere and dump her to fend for herself sad.gif

http://youtu.be/b7FMVMmp7KA
DannysMom
This video was hard to watch. It made me cry. I kept thinking about how many such cats are out there, left to fend for themselves, when they so want to share a loving home with a human. I see these ads on craigslist, with heartless titles like "Cat - need gone by tomorrow". Need "gone"?! As if the cat was just an object, and not a sweet little, living soul. I see all these excuses, like "don't have time for the cat", "my kid plays too rough", etc. A kitty (or dog) is a lifetime commitment. So sad that we live in this throwaway society. I couldn't imagine life without my two kitty girls. They bring me so much joy and give me so much love.
Tom's Dad
I don't want to know the person who does not tear up a little bit when watching this video. I think of Theresa and Tang, and even Tom who originally was found as a stray (if my crazy ex room mate can be believed) Especially Tang. If not for that kindly Banfield nurse who found him, that could have been his fate. When I have felt I have failed him, moon_beam has reminded me that if I had not taken him, he could have ended up right back out there. Seeing such careless cruelty is why I have so little faith in so called "humanity" This is why I keep coming back here to LS.
xxForeverxx
My two youngest (brother and sister) were found in a ditch along with another two and the mother. The other two were rescued first and then me and my fiance went back to save Fudge and Pixie as no one could find them but we just could not leave them there.....unfortunately we could not find the mother. I dread to think what would have happened to these cats though is no one had found them. We know they were all dumped as they were about 6 weeks old and other than scared and cold completely healthy so just be dumped.

Awful how anyone can do it.

My newest cat Ellie we got from a at sanctuary.......she was found with a collar on as a 9 month old pregnant stray. She also hugs any person and I mean any person that walks through our door.......so forgiving after what she has been through.

I think all of us on here would well up at this video.

Thanks for sharing Tom's Dad
DannysMom
xxForeverxx, your Ellie sounds like a wonderful cat! That is so sweet of her to hug people. It is so amazing how forgiving animals can be. She is so grateful to have found a wonderful mum like you! smile.gif It sounds like her previous owner dumped her when she got pregnant. How heartless! I hope her kittens found good homes as well. And I do hope so much that Fudge and Pixie's cat mother is safe. Poor things, to be thrown in a ditch like trash. Some people are just so heartless.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.