Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remembering My Little Danny Boy
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
Pages: 1, 2
DannysMom
My sweet little Danny boy. You were born March 4, 2001.

Click to view attachment

And what a sweet, beautiful little kitten you were! When I first saw you and looked into those beautiful green eyes I just knew that I had to take you home with me. It was instant love! It was truly meant to be. On our first night together you jumped up on the bed and fell asleep snuggled in my arm. I loved watching you play with cat toys and discovering your new home. I laughed when you made a 'dance' in your small litter box and kicked the litter everywhere. You had so much fun! You loved to snuggle up with Tina.

Click to view attachment

And you loved Christmas. It was your favorite holiday. This is a photo of your first Christmas with me. How you loved sleeping under the tree! And you always loved being photographed. You enjoyed the peace and quiet of the holiday season and the bright lights on the Christmas tree.

Click to view attachment

Danny, you brought so much joy into my life just by being there. Every time I looked into your sweet little face I just couldn't help but smiling and being happy that you were there. You loved being brushed and always purred much and you wanted me to pet you while I brushed you. I so miss you greeting me in the morning and affectionately licking my arm. My sweet little kitty angel, the time I had with you went by so quickly.
BonniesMom
So sorry for the loss of your Danny Boy. He was a beautiful little guy and I can tell he was deeply loved.
moon_beam
Hi, Andrea, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and these wonderful pictures of your beloved Danny. I know what you mean when you say "My sweet little kitty angel, the time I had with you went by so quickly." It doesn't matter how long our companions are with us - - it is NEVER long enough on this side of eternity. The good news is that your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit is forever with you in your heart and your memories - - he is always a heartbeat close to you.

I thank you so much for sharing your beloved Danny with us. I hope you, your precious Tina and little Mindy are having a good day and will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Jon730
It has taken a few days for me to get adjusted enough to give you my condolences-I am sorry to delay.

My relationship with my tuxedo is so intense that the thought of anyone losing one thows me off balance.
Once, my wife had a dream where I had to give Iggy away. It completely messed me up, the very thought.
I said, "I'd kill someone who ordered me to do so, instantly".

This is my first Tux. By extension, I can but guess at the depth of your loss.
They seem more "Human oriented" than many other cats I have had.
Danny was a special friend. I am very sorry for your loss.
DannysMom
Jon730, thank you so much for your kind words. Tux cats are indeed very special. I fell in love with Danny when I first saw him. He was sitting there in his little litterbox in the "sphinx" pose, looking out at the world and being so at peace with himself. I took both Danny and his Tux brother into the "play" room, but it was really Danny who captured my heart. I was looking for a gentle cat to balance the feistyness of my Calico cat, Tina. Danny was a very loyal friend to her. He would always alert me to her predicament when I accidentally locked her into a closet or bathroom. He was very laid back and a little jokester. Danny was always the first to try out new cats toys, blankets, and beds. He even tried to "talk" to a flock of geese once that were flying by. I have never heard a cat make such sounds before. It was almost like he was singing to them and wishing them well on their journey. When he was hungry he would open the cabinet door where his food was stored with his paw and let it bang shut. He loved racing up the stairs to a waiting Tina who would then chase him into the next room. And, oh, how he loved tummy rubs. I once rubbed his tummy for 15 minutes straight and he purred the whole time and closed his eyes and was the most content cat in the whole world.
DannysMom
Danny, the "teaser master". This was one of his favorite toys.

Click to view attachment
pipsqueak
Ah DannysMom, your Danny sounds such a character, you must miss him so much. Your last post has made me smile, what a poppet.

I had a tuxedo cat once, (although I hadn't heard that expression until I came on this website) and he looked just like your main photo, absolute spitting image. He was a real character too and I still miss him, five years on.

I'm sure Danny's spending his time wisely until he can be with you again smile.gif

Pipsqueak.
xxForeverxx
Sending my love to Danny at the rainbow bridge. A wonderful cat deserves all the love possible even after his time here has past. It will get him ready for the love you will be able to share with each other again one day.

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
Dear pipsqueak and xxForeverxx, thanks so much for your comments on my sweet Danny boy. He was quite a character indeed, and he always made me smile with his cheerful meows. He had quite a vocabulary, and he was so gentle. He enjoyed watching the birds, and he never 'chattered' at them (unlike my Tina who only likes the birds for ONE reason). He was beautiful inside out.
moon_beam
Hi, Danny's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and this wonderful picture of your beloved Danny. As I look at his pictures there is no doubt in my mind how much he is loved - - and how much he loves you. You are his Forever Mom, Danny's Mom - - and ONLY you.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Tina and little Mindy kindly, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, Danny's Mom, and that I always look forward to knowing how you're doing and sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
QUOTE (moon_beam @ Mar 21 2012, 04:29 PM) *
Hi, Danny's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and this wonderful picture of your beloved Danny. As I look at his pictures there is no doubt in my mind how much he is loved - - and how much he loves you. You are his Forever Mom, Danny's Mom - - and ONLY you.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Tina and little Mindy kindly, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, Danny's Mom, and that I always look forward to knowing how you're doing and sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Thanks, moon_beam, for your kind words. Danny was so special, and his sweet, sensitive spirit made him all the more endearing to me. My heart still aches and I miss him so. Of course what I dreaded the most is coming true...back to back grief...with Tina having cancer and me not knowing how much longer she will be around. I am thankful that I have Mindy who is so blessedly young and (hopefully) all healthy. Mindy seems to be a combination of Danny's sweetness and playfulness and Tina's feisty spirit. Like Tina, she is also not afraid of thunderstorms.
moon_beam
Hi, Danny's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. I do so understand how you're feeling about now having Tina's illness so soon after losing your beloved Danny's physical presence. It can intensify your grief for Danny and your Anticipatory Grief journey with Tina. I am so sorry you are having to travel this journey so soon, Danny's Mom. Just please know each of us are here with you - - you are not alone.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Tina and little Mindy kindly. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Tina and little Mindy. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how each of you are doing and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
This is the first 4th of July without my sweet Danny boy. He was a very patriotic little guy as can be seen from this picture. Happy Independence Day, Mr. Danny!

Click to view attachment
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful picture of your beloved Danny with us. What a wonderful pose of him next to the Flag. From first hand exprience I know how much of a challenge yesterday was for you as yet another "first without" to endure in your grief adjustment journey. I hope and pray that on this angel-versary you and your beloved Danny were still able to celebrate your eternal love bond.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley kindly. Please know you and your and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
xxForeverxx
Another wonderful photo. Now when I see that flag I will be thinking of both your babies. The grief journey is such a tough road to travel down. People say you will alright in the end but how can you be when you have lost someone that meant so much to you? I feel like the only comfort I have is my other cats I have as at least they give me something to concentrate on during the day. I still find myself shedding a tear for my Chewy though and I know it's double hard for you.

But each tear you shed for Danny and Tina and each little smile you show for them is the way of showing just how much of an impact they had in your life and that is the best tribute you can give to them.

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
xxForeverxx, thank you so much for your comforting words. That is so sweet of you to think of Tina and Danny when you see the US flag. smile.gif Like you I take comfort in the company of Mindy and Shelley, but I still cry when I write about my babies or when Mindy or Shelley do something that Tina and Danny used to do. Shelley likes to sit on my chest in the morning, purring and looking straight into my face. Tina used to sit the exact same way, and I always think of her when Shelley does that. I have to remember that it's Shelley sitting with me and not Tina.
xxForeverxx
It is hard with situations like that. With Ellie having the same sort of markings as Chewy I find myself doing the same. But I also think that it is not exactly a bad thing. If their are certain things that Danny and Tina use to do you can take pride in the fact that you have another two wonderful cats as well as see it as tribute that it reminds you of the two wonderful cats you had.

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
It was 1 year ago today that I buried my sweet Danny boy. I thought he would be around for a few more years. I had no idea that he would get so sick and that I had to make the difficult decision to have him euthanized. I am glad that my friends Rick and Marcy were with me at Danny's burial. It was so difficult and it felt good having the support of friends. Marcy gave me this book by Gary Kurz, "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates" and it was a great comfort to me. I had just always thought that when our animal companions die they are just gone forever. But reading this book gave me a new perspective and also gave me hope and comfort. I absolutely could not imagine my Danny being gone and not living on. I can't imagine NOT seeing him again. That would throw me into despair. I've loved him so much when he was alive and I love him still. He was my beloved friend and he brightened my life and brought me joy. I know his little soul lives on and I shall see him again one day.

I am glad to leave 2012 behind and to move into a new year.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing your beloved Danny with us, and how you are doing. I can so relate to your feelings when you share with us: "I am glad to leave 2012 behind and to move into a new year." Many times in my life I have felt like you do. But although a new year begins tomorrow please know that your beloved Danny is sharing it with you - - as he always continues to share your earthly journey keeping a loving vigil over you - - for he is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Mindy and Shelley kindly, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious girls. Please know you and your Mindy and Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
xxForeverxx
Hi DannysMom

I hope 2013 brings you more happiness then 2012. I am sure your two little rascals you have now will make sure of that. Your special boy would want you to have some happy times and that is why he helped guide you to your new friends.

It sounds like you have supportive friends which is always helpful at times of sorrow. I am interested in that book actually and I am going to look it up to maybe buy a copy myself if it brings a little comfort. I definitely believe you will see your Danny again. He is just up there playing away waiting for you to join him. Of course he does not want that to happen anytime soon as you need to bring Mindy and Shelley up first and maybe more little ones in need.

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
moon_beam and xxForeverxx, thank you both for your kind and comforting words. Having this forum to come to and finding kind and supportive people on here has helped so much. I don't know where I would be without your support. I too hope that 2013 will bring me much happiness. 2012 has been such a bad year for me in so many ways. My Danny boy was quite a character. Neither one of my "girls" open and bang shut the cabinet door where the food is stored like he did. Sometimes I miss that. He was always quite clear on wanting to be fed. Tina used to eat his kitten food when he was little and I think that's why he got into the habit of wolfing down his food like he did. Danny would actually push my hand out of the way as I was pouring the food into his bowl and he would wolf it down and purr loudly while eating. He was so funny and such a character.

The most amazing things about him were that he hardly ever hissed. I didn't even know he could hiss until he was a couple years old. He let Tina pounce on him and play rough with him, but every once in a while he would let out a hiss and she would stop and stare at him as if to say:"Geesh! I didn't know it bothered you!"

The other amazing thing about him was that he never chattered at the birds. He genuinely liked them. There was a pair of house finches who used to set up their nest on my balcony in one of the flower pots every year and they would always eagerly greet Danny. He was fascinated by these birds. They haven't come by since he died. I think he probably liked birds because there were birds in the pet shop where he was and maybe he liked them singing and chirping at night when the shop was closed.

He did not like windy days and was terrified by gusts of wind when he would go out onto the balcony. It sent him running back inside. When he did something wrong, which was almost never, I would always use his formal name "Daniel" and tell him gently no.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and for sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny with us. He is an incredible little boy who has endowed to you the sole privilege and honor of being his Forever Mom, and sharing his eternal love.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Mindy and Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing with you and you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
xxForeverxx
Hi DannysMom

Fudge is no closer to opening the cupboard door. Seems he has given up and become lazy and he just lays down by the food door like Ellie does now! Not quite as clever as you sweet Danny. Bet it taught Tina a lesson by him eating so quickly.....she probably looked at his bowl with disappointment thinking "oh Danny has figured it out, no more extras for me" rolleyes.gif

That is so cute about the birds. They obviously generally came by your place to see Danny. Maybe Danny has sent them to another house where the cat likes birds.

I love the fact you would use his full name when he was a little bit naughty. I cannot imagine him being called Daniel. I am sure it was not very often you had to use it though. It is definitely like telling off children telling off out fur babies!

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
moon_beam and xxForeverxx, thank you so much for stopping by and honoring my little Danny boy! I so appreciate your kind words and walking along this journey with me.

Danny was a clever one indeed, and I will always fondly remember him banging the cabinet door shut even if it sometimes startled me. I miss that sound as crazy as it may seem. I'm afraid Mindy is not much of a "bird lover" but rather a hunter. She chattered away at the birds this morning from her window perch. Those finches felt so safe with Danny that they even sat on the balcony railing when I had the door open once. He truly liked birds and enjoyed their sweet song.

Yesterday I got a page from our help desk and to my delight the guy's name was 'Danny'. Every movie that has a "Danny" character in it always make me think of my sweet kitty boy. I remember how one morning he accidentally got locked in the linen closet and remained there until I returned home from work. He looked very sleepy when I let him out and went straight to the litter box. I felt so bad for him, and from then on always checked the linen closet.

Despite his sweet nature Danny could be a bit of a "bully" sometimes. He would chase Tina under the bed and sit there so that she wouldn't get out. He loved chasing her in the living room and would quickly trap her behind the two-seater by darting from one end to the other and not letting her escape. He was quite a funny character.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny. I am chuckling about your sweet boy getting shut into the linen closet one day. This brings many memories to my heart of some of the "predicaments" a few of my furkids have found themselves in, and how very grateful they were to be "rescued."

Thank you so very much for sharing your beloved Danny with us, DannysMom. I hope as you continue to travel your adjustment journey that you will find more joy and comfort in your treasured memories - - and the deep sorrow in your heart less intense.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Mindy and Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing with you and you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Dear moon_beam, thank you for your support and for sharing my Danny with me. He never got himself locked in the linen closet again after that incident, but he did get locked in my clothes closet more than once. Tina and Danny were always drawn to that closet and would have happily napped in there if I had let them.

I don't know why, but I had a bad crying spell this past Monday evening. I guess I just always try to keep it inside, because I don't want to upset Mindy and Shelley. But for some reason the pain wanted to be let out. I thought of how he had heart problems and I didn't even know it. I remembered him crying out in pain on Christmas Day. It broke my heart to see him in so much pain, and even now as I'm writing this it brings tears to my eyes. Danny was such a happy and loving cat. He should have lived to a ripe old age and died painlessly in his sleep. I had a good cry Monday and the next two days I felt kind of "out of it".

I keep thinking people will tell me that I should be "over it" by now, but Danny's death and the way he died left such a huge hole in my heart. And once in a while the pain just wants to be let out. It may just be another year before I can truly think of him and not feel pain. He was such a treasure. One look from those soulful green eyes would just always melt my heart.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Please let me try to offer you some comfort when you share with us: "I keep thinking people will tell me that I should be "over it" by now, but Danny's death and the way he died left such a huge hole in my heart." DannysMom, there is no such thing as "getting over" the physical loss of a loved one - - whoever the life form. It is very normal for you to feel a huge hole in your heart for a very integral part of your life is no longer physically with you. Remember, this is an adjustment journey. Even though the calendar indicates that the first year of adjustment has occurred, it simply means that you have endured through the first year "withouts" - - this doesn't mean that you will no longer feel moments of sorrow - - sometimes intensely - - in not having your beloved Danny's physical presence with you. Even now many decades since a little kitty I had when I was a very young girl transitioned home to the angels on Thanksgiving Day I can still feel deep sorrow in my heart and sometimes a mist in my eyes when I think of my brave little Willie.

So please know you are always among friends here who truly do understand what you are going through. We are here for you for as long and as often as you need us to share the not so bad days, the better days, and the days when it seems like your heart is breaking anew without your beloved Danny's sweet physical presence beside you. In time the deep painful sorrow does ease, but this can only happen in your own way and in your own time.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
xxForeverxx
Hi DannysMom

Even if people did think you should be over it......they have obviously never owned an animal......an animal that can mean just as much as a child can to someone. A constant companion in your life. A little feline friend who never shouts at you, understands when you are grumpy and is there to cheer you up with hugs and love. If any of my friends said that I would ignore them as they just have not had that special feeling.

I do not think it is bad you had a cry. Danny was a special boy and your crying because of that very reason. I feel sometimes it makes me feel better to cry to as I am sure it does you.

It is funny how peaceful he was with the birds but he liked to wind Tina up! I think that is the male side of him though as it is Fudge that always jumps on Pixie first and sometimes you can see she just lays there silent and still until he realises she did not want to play and gets bored and walks away.

I hope you are feeling OK today.

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
moon_beam and xxForeverxx, thank you for understanding and for your support. I guess I feel pressured sometime to feel better and get "over it", but it's really a journey with twists and turns like moon_beam often says. There will be good days and not so good days. It really does take time for the heart to heal, and Danny meant so very much to me. I was so smitten with him the very first time I saw him. I knew he was meant to be with me, and I'm glad I was there at the right time.

xxForeverxx, thanks for saying that crying does help. It really does. It releases the pain that builds up inside and it has to go somewhere or I would go crazy. I'll never forget how much I hurt last year in January. My heart literally ached and I would often have chest pains. It was a deep and horrible ache from losing Danny.

He was a little jokester and prankster and he knew he could push Tina's buttons so easily by just standing there and looking at her with his big green eyes. He didn't have to say anything, just sit there and stare at her and Tina would give off a short protest and then leave "her" cat chair for Danny to sit in. When one was in it the other one would always try little tricks to get the other one out of the chair. Tina would start playing with a toy and try to get Danny to jump out of the chair.

In the mornings Danny would lie down by my feet and rest his head on my feet. He would wait for me to wake up, patiently sitting in front of my face. Waking up to see those big green eyes and long whiskers was always such a joy. He had this loving look on his face, my sweet boy. It's little wonder I miss him so.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. You and your beloved Danny share so many wonderful memories. I am so chuckling about the "possession in 9 tenths of the law" method he and Tina established for enjoying Tina's chair. That is soooo funny.

I know how comforting it was for you to wake up to your beloved Danny's sweet face, and how so very difficult it is adjusting to his physical absence. I hope somehow the cherished memories you have offer you comfort, especially when the deep sorrow becomes more than your heart can bear.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Has it really been 1 year and 1 month today? Sometimes it seems much longer and other times it seems like it was just yesterday. I remember how lost I felt without Danny last January, how the pain was just too much to bear and I would do nothing but cry and have this constant ache in my chest like my heart was about to burst. Thankfully, my Mindy snuggled right by my face this morning when I woke up. I really don't know how I made it through it all last year, without Danny and then without Tina.

My heart aches for my sweet Danny boy today, wanting to just hold him one more time. I wish I had taken videos of him. I often thought about it, but never got around to it. I would love to see him run around again and hear his sweet, melodious voice again. I loved hearing him purr. He had such a strong and loud purr. And he purred often, especially when I petted him. I loved the way he would crinkle his little nose and sniff the fresh air when going outside on the balcony. One time when I was real sick with a bad cold he curled up by my feet to comfort me. I loved waking up on the weekends and finding him next to me on the bed. That was the best part of waking up on a Saturday morning, with my little friend right there and Tina as well. I loved Danny so much and love him still. Living life without him is still painful at times, especially when the 28th of the month rolls around.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny. As we look back over the days, weeks, months, - - and eventually years - - as we continue on with our earthly journey it can bring many mixed emotions as to how we have managed without the precious physical presence of our beloved companions who are now with the angels. Even years down the road our hearts can still grieve and wish as we tenderly hold our beloved companions forever in our hearts and memories. The good news is that the deep seering pain does ease so that the memories that once brought us sorrow during our deep grief journey can once again bring comfort and joy.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Mindy and Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's, and Tina's, sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing with you and you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny, and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
xxForeverxx
Hi DannysMom

Do you know what helped you through last year? The fact that Danny and Tina gave you so much joy that they sent you another two beautiful cats in their memory to look after you. That is how you got through it. They never left you, they are always with you guiding you and helping you carry on.

It is lovely how he used to sit with you until you woke up and be with you when you were ill. I know it must be hard that you do not have any videos but I think photos say much more and all the ones I have seen of Danny tell a story. A story of a boy who loved his mummy. And all the years he was with you I bet you have loads of photos.

Thank you for sharing more about Danny. I feel like I am getting to know an amazing cat. I cannot wait to see more photos of your precious boy.

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
moon_beam and xxForeverxx, thank you for your kind words and your support. My Danny was so special. I wished I had taken more pictures of him, but I always thought I had more time. The few pictures I do have of him are precious to me. He very much enjoyed being photographed and would happily "pose" for pictures, seeing how it brought me so much joy. Here is one of him and Tina lying on the stairs together. I miss how he used to hop on the bed in the morning and rest his head against my feet. He loved it when I used the flannel sheets, because they were so soft and warm. He would "help" me make the bed, and roll around on the soft new sheets. The picture I use for my profile here is my favorite. I recently had that put on a coffee mug, and so now I can sip my coffee while looking at Danny's sweet face. I haven't been to the pet cemetery in a while, and hopefully the weather will be nice enough tomorrow. I had wanted to put a rose on each of their graves for Valentine's day, but I did not get around to doing that.

Click to view attachment
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and for sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny with us. I always smile when you share pictures of your beloved Danny and Tina with us, and this picture is no exception. There is no question in looking at this picture that your beloved Danny and Tina know they are loved, and are so happy to have you for their Forever Mom.

I hope you will be able to visit their resting places this weekend as you want to. Even though you were not able to visit them on Valentine's Day I hope you find comfort and joy in knowing that every day is a Valentine Day when love is shared.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Mindy and Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's, and Tina's, sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing with you and you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny, and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Jake'sGrandpa
QUOTE (DannysMom @ Feb 23 2013, 01:00 PM) *
moon_beam and xxForeverxx, thank you for your kind words and your support. My Danny was so special. I wished I had taken more pictures of him, but I always thought I had more time. The few pictures I do have of him are precious to me. He very much enjoyed being photographed and would happily "pose" for pictures, seeing how it brought me so much joy. Here is one of him and Tina lying on the stairs together. I miss how he used to hop on the bed in the morning and rest his head against my feet. He loved it when I used the flannel sheets, because they were so soft and warm. He would "help" me make the bed, and roll around on the soft new sheets. The picture I use for my profile here is my favorite. I recently had that put on a coffee mug, and so now I can sip my coffee while looking at Danny's sweet face. I haven't been to the pet cemetery in a while, and hopefully the weather will be nice enough tomorrow. I had wanted to put a rose on each of their graves for Valentine's day, but I did not get around to doing that.

Click to view attachment

Cute kitties!
DannysMom
Jake's Grandpa...thanks. They were very cute, both of them.

So today it's 1 year and 2 months. Monday, March 4, would have been Danny's 13th birthday. I always thought he'd be around for 13 or 14 years. He always seemed so healthy and didn't really have any health problems, except that he was overweight. I tell Mindy about Danny sometimes and what he used to do. I am so glad that Mindy also likes tummy rubs just as Danny did and that she also likes getting her hind paws rubbed (the paw pads), just like Danny. It is comforting to me and always makes me smile.

I don't think I'll ever forget this sweet kitty boy who brought so much joy into my life.
DannysMom
Today, March 4, would have been Danny's 13th birthday. I had planned on putting some flowers on his grave yesterday, but I've been ill and so I was not able to go. I do feel bad about it, like I've let him down in some way, and I hope he knows that I remember him today, on what used to be his special day. I always used to sing "Happy Birthday" to him on his special day, and he enjoyed it. Danny was such a happy and laid-back kitty boy. He had a real sweet temperament. I used to take short naps with him, and it felt so good just lying down on the bed beside him, and I felt refreshed afterwards.

It makes me sad that today is his birthday and he is no longer here with me. I miss him so, still. Sometimes I think the older we get the harder it is to bounce back after a loss in life. Danny was so special in so many ways, and he was such a sensitive kitty boy. That made him all the more endearing to me.
Jake'sGrandpa
DannysMom, Danny knows that you will always love him and will never forget him. Like you, I miss a lot of the little things that Jake and I did together. It's been nearly 8 months since I lost him and the hole in my heart is not getting any smaller. We just have to hang in there until that day when they run to meet us again forever at the Rainbow Bridge. Take solace in that thought.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and for sharing your beloved Danny's earthly birthday with us. Please permit me to try to add some words of comfort and encouragement to Jake's Grandpa's words of wisdom.

It really doesn't matter how old we are when we experience a loss, for how we respond to it is as individual as the nature of the loss. The relationship you share with your beloved Danny is a very special one in its own unique way, and because of this the adjustment to no longer having his sweet physical presence is extremely difficult. And when we have other life challenges to endure at the same time this can prolong and intensify the adjustment journey.

Please know that your beloved Danny knows how much you love him, and that this love continues to grow each and every day.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Mindy and Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you are feeling better. I hope you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's, and Tina's, sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing with you and you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny, and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Happy St. Patrick's Day, my sweet Danny. Green always was "your" color. I thought of you this morning when Mindy hopped on the bed to greet me. But she didn't lick my arm like you used to do when I petted you. I miss seeing your sweet, smiley face when I wake up in the morning. And I especially miss hearing your sweet, melodic voice. You're gone, and you won't be returning to me, but I will go and see you one day when the time comes.
Tom's Dad
DannyMom

Happy St. Patricks Day to you and your girls. I can imagine you're missing Danny and awful lot. I can certainly understand that. Thank you for sharing with us how you are doing and feeling today. I'm sure both Danny and Tina are looking down on you from the Bridge, hearts bursting with love and pride for you, their forever mom. Take care.

TTT
xxForeverxx
Hi DannysMom

What a wonderful photo. They look so happy together there and Danny has looked at the camera perfectly for a photo. My Ellies Birthday is march the 5th.....the same day as mine so now every year on the 4th I can easily remember your Danny's Birthday. I am sure he was watching you asking you to not go out on his birthday as you were ill as he would not want you to get any worse so do not feel bad. I am sure he had a fun day with all the other animals at the rainbow bridge. I wish I knew the birthdays of mine more. Chewy's I never knew, and Fudge and Pixie because we found them we also do not know the exact day. I am sure it was lovely to sing happy birthday to him each year. I bet e loved to hear your voice!

I hope you are keeping well today DannysMom.

I am thinking of Danny today.

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
xxForeverxx, thanks for stopping by and sharing my Danny with me. That is so special how Ellie's birthday is the same as your's. I don't know Shelley's and Mindy's birthdays, so I had to guess and pick a date. I was always so happy to know Danny's exact birthdate. It was printed right on his little collar he wore at the pet shop. I got two cemetery vases so that I can put flowers on Tina and Danny's grave this coming Easter Sunday. I was thinking of white tulips, because the churches here always put a white cloth on the cross they have outside on Easter Sunday. I was at Kroger yesterday and they had all such pretty colored tulips there, but I especially liked the white ones.

I wish I had more pictures of Danny, but I do treasure the ones that I have and had a new photo book made of my favorites which I should be getting in the mail soon. I found this photo which shows him happily posing for the camera. It was Christmas Eve 2003 and he was just 2 1/2 years old. You can just tell how he enjoyed posing for pictures.

Click to view attachment
DannysMom
While looking through Tina's pictures I found this picture of a very young Danny playing with a little catnip toy which he loved so much. He was only about 3 or 4 months old then. Isn't he cute? I love that picture. He was the cutest little kitten, so playful and sweet. I remember how I used to be able to pick him up with just one hand. Oh how I miss my sweet boy!

Click to view attachment
xxForeverxx
Hi DannysMom

Oh my god that is an absolutley gorgeous photo of him as a kitten. What fun they have playing when they are little. It is another one that shows how happy he was with you.

I dont think i have ever heard of white tulips but they sound fitting for the time of year. Did you put the white tulips at their graves in the end? i hope through the tears you also found a smile as they will be looking down smiling at you for still caring so much for them like they deserve to be.

xxForeverxx
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and this sweet picture of your beloved Danny. How blessed you are to have such sweet precious memories to hold close to your heart - - to be the one blessed to be his heir to his eternal love and to bear the name of being his Forever Mom.

Thank you so much for honoring us in sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny. I hope today is treating you, and your precious Mindy and Shelley, kindly, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious Mindy and Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious companions are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny, and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
xxForeverxx and moon_beam, thank you so much for sharing my Danny with me. This is one of my favorite pictures. He was the cutest little kitten, and seeing that picture makes me want to hug him again.

xxForeverxx, I did put white tulips on Danny's grave and orange tulips on Tina's grave. They had run out of the white ones, and I figured orange would be nice for Tina as it matches the orange in her fur. Thanks for saying that Tina and Danny will be looking down and smiling at me for caring for them. I just cannot forget them. They had been such a big part of my life. Danny was such a happy little kitten. He would always do a little dance in his litter box which kicked out the litter, but I didn't mind. He was just being happy and silly. When he was little he would often sit next to me on the couch while I studied for exams and read my books. He would often bring me one of the feather teasers and lay it down at my feet and look up at me and meow.
xxForeverxx
Hi DannysMom

The second you said orange tulips on Tina's grave I thought of her beautiful coat. I think that was a wonderful idea.

Haha a dance in the litter tray? That must of made a mess but well worth seeing! Never heard of a cat being so happy to go to the toilet rolleyes.gif He was a very special cat though so of course he had unique qualities like this! He acted a bit like a dog then in trying to get you to play with him by dropping the toy at your feet. Did it work? Did he get your attention? I am sure he did.

xxForeverxx
Jake'sGrandpa

Click to view attachment

Your Danny certainly was a beautiful cat, DannysMom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.