Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's A Tuxedo Girl
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
DannysMom
I wrote about losing my precious cat Danny last December, and I decided to post a story about my new friend. Danny boy was a sweet and gentle Tuxedo boy, and now I have Mindy, a 6 month old polydactyl Tuxedo girl.

Click to view attachment

She is such a lovebug! She likes to play and she also likes to snuggle. She is a real talker, and so smart! She has truly comforted me over Danny's loss. When I cry sometimes she'll come to me and she'll touch me with her paw ever so gently, and she snuggles right next to me and starts purring like crazy. She knows when I don't feel like playing and she gives me space when I need it. I am hoping that God will bless her with a very long and happy and healthy life. She has such beautiful amber eyes! She has so much energy! She even responds to hand signals. When I put up my hands like I'm going to chase her, she'll start running. Such a smart little kitten! I couldn't have found a sweeter friend.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, please permit me to offer you my sincerest congratulations on your new furchild. She is so pretty, and I am so happy that she now has you for her Forever Mom. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful news with us. I hope Tina will come to accept Mindy and that eventually they will be the best of friends and house mates. I, too, am praying that you and Mindy will have a long heathy and happy earthly journey together.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Cheryl83
Congratulations, she's gorgeous. I hope you enjoy many happy and healthy years together smile.gif

Cheryl
xxForeverxx
Gorgeous....looks just like my little boy.

I'm sorry for the loss of your baby but also welcome to your new beautiful baby.

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
Moon_beam, Cheryl83 and xxForeverxx, thank you for your comments.
Mindy is doing fine. She had a vet visit this evening for a distemper shot. Everything looks good. Her adult teeth are almost all there. She was so good at the vet about being handled and getting her temperature taken. She was very calm and patient. I am so blessed with this fine little kitten. She is my little 'puppet', because she looks like a little doll, so pretty and immensely cute.
There is nothing sweeter to balance out the grief than having a new little life to take care of and watching her grow.
Pippin's Mom Kel
Danny's Mom, what a beautiful girl she is! Her eyes are so wise, so old and knowing for such a young face. Now I REALLY have no doubt that Danny sent her to be with you and look after you, and to help guide and support you through your grief. I'm quite in love with her paws!

Congratulations, and I'm so happy you have this lovely being in your life.
Kel
DannysMom
QUOTE (Pippin's Mom Kel @ Mar 6 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Danny's Mom, what a beautiful girl she is! Her eyes are so wise, so old and knowing for such a young face. Now I REALLY have no doubt that Danny sent her to be with you and look after you, and to help guide and support you through your grief. I'm quite in love with her paws!

Congratulations, and I'm so happy you have this lovely being in your life.
Kel

Kel, thanks for stopping by to read about Mindy. smile.gif She truly is a Heaven-sent gift. When I first held her she was frightened by all the noise at the shelter and snuggled up in my arm and buried her face in my elbow. I marveled at her extra toe on each front paw; it looks like she is wearing mittens. And I was taken in by her wonderful amber eyes. Mindy is very affectionate, and that seems to be the Tuxedo way. She likes to plop herself on the floor to show me her tummy. I am glad that she too enjoys tummy rubs as my other cat Tina does not want to have her tummy touched.
DannysMom
This is Mindy at 7 months. She has taken a liking to Tina's 'cat chair'.

Click to view attachment
My Boo Bootsie
I'm so happy for you. My very first baby was Tux-we called her Tuxxy as she had the markings of a tuxedo as well. She was gorgeous just as your baby is. She will be a blessing and add so much happiness and joy to you and your home and you to her. I miss my tux so much, she has been gone but not forgotten since feb. 2000 and in May 2000 my husband brought home Bootsie. Bootsie just passed away Feb. 26, 2012 after a great loving life with us for 12 years. I am still heartbroken and my house is so quiet without her. I always told bootsie that tuxxy sent her to me to help heal my heart and that she did and twofold! I was so blessed to have her and as others told me I blessed her with a wonderful life and home just as you are doing. They are in our hearts forever and we are never the same after they are gone. Today I received a beautiful Peaceful Pet Revolving Memorial Box that I had ordered to put Bootsie's ashes in so that we can celebrate her life! It will be a beautiful way to remember her and it has spots for her pictures, and room inside the box for other things like her favorite toys(babies-they were sponge balls). I am very happy for you and pray that you continue to heal and remember that you have a new young one that needs you and is there to help heal your heart. God Bless! Patti
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful picture of your little Mindy with us. She does look quite at home in Tina's chair. Those eyes are just beautiful!!

I know how much joy your little Mindy is bringing to you. Thank you so much for sharing her with us. I hope today is treating you, your precious Tina, and little Mindy kindly. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Jon730
QUOTE (DannysMom @ Feb 5 2012, 10:40 PM) *
I wrote about losing my precious cat Danny last December, and I decided to post a story about my new friend. Danny boy was a sweet and gentle Tuxedo boy, and now I have Mindy, a 6 month old polydactyl Tuxedo girl.

Click to view attachment

She is such a lovebug! She likes to play and she also likes to snuggle. She is a real talker, and so smart! She has truly comforted me over Danny's loss. When I cry sometimes she'll come to me and she'll touch me with her paw ever so gently, and she snuggles right next to me and starts purring like crazy. She knows when I don't feel like playing and she gives me space when I need it. I am hoping that God will bless her with a very long and happy and healthy life. She has such beautiful amber eyes! She has so much energy! She even responds to hand signals. When I put up my hands like I'm going to chase her, she'll start running. Such a smart little kitten! I couldn't have found a sweeter friend.

Oh, she is beautiful and perfectly marked, too! I had never had a Tuxedo before Iggy, and he is the one who helped me with my Grief over Miles.
(Whispering)..I like her golden eyes better than his. I call him "Snake Eyes" sometimes!
DannysMom
QUOTE (Jon730 @ Mar 16 2012, 09:39 AM) *
Oh, she is beautiful and perfectly marked, too! I had never had a Tuxedo before Iggy, and he is the one who helped me with my Grief over Miles.
(Whispering)..I like her golden eyes better than his. I call him "Snake Eyes" sometimes!

Jon730, thanks for stopping by to read about Mindy. She is very beautiful indeed, and she is quite a handful! Unlike my Danny boy, she is a bit more feisty and stubborn. She LOVES shredding toilet paper rolls, but only if they are brand new and have LOTS of paper! She likes to "talk" quite a bit, and she is very social. A really sweet girl.
xxForeverxx
DannysMom

Mindy is gorgeous. Danny would be proud. She looks a bit like my little one Fudge....I will have to put a pic of him one day to show you.

I hope she is bringing you so much joy. She is lucky to have such a loving parent.

Regards

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
xxForeverxx, thank you very much for your comments and your kinds words. Mindy is indeed bringing me much joy by being so loving and talkative and playful. She is 8 months old now, and this is a recent photo of her stretched out on the stairs. She has grown so much in length, but her legs are much shorter compared to my adult cat, Tina.

Click to view attachment
xxForeverxx
That is a wonderful photo. If you don't mind I will post a picture of my Fudge when i get one on the laptop as you would not believe just how much they look alike. Almost like they are distant relations!....In fact your stairs are the same colour as ours too so I will try and get one of him laying on our stairs! smile.gif

I hope you and your Mindy are doing well today.

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
QUOTE (xxForeverxx @ Mar 20 2012, 08:04 AM) *
That is a wonderful photo. If you don't mind I will post a picture of my Fudge when i get one on the laptop as you would not believe just how much they look alike. Almost like they are distant relations!....In fact your stairs are the same colour as ours too so I will try and get one of him laying on our stairs! smile.gif

I hope you and your Mindy are doing well today.

xxForeverxx

Oh yes, please do post a picture of your little Fudge! smile.gif I can't wait to see him!
DannysMom
From Mindy's journal:

Oh, boy! I'm having such a great day! Mom let me out on the balcony, and I hid behind the chair to watch the two little creatures with wings that keep coming by. Mom calls them 'birds'. They look very tasty to me. If only I could catch one! Mom took me back inside just when one of the little winged creatures sat down on the railing and started talking to me. Then I jumped up to the window to continue watching. I started chattering. Mom said that is something Danny never did, and how he really liked birds. Well, I don't care. They look like dinner to me.

Come to me, little birdie!

Click to view attachment
xxForeverxx
I love it when they sit like that! They look so innocent but deep down there thinking I'm gonna get you!! Haha! Made me smile smile.gif

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
QUOTE (xxForeverxx @ Apr 6 2012, 06:08 PM) *
I love it when they sit like that! They look so innocent but deep down there thinking I'm gonna get you!! Haha! Made me smile smile.gif

xxForeverxx

Thanks, xxForeverxx, I am glad that it made you smile. Mindy is such a treasure, and when she blinks at me with those beautiful amber eyes it just makes my heart melt. She is so trusting and enjoys having her tummy rubbed just like Danny did. I love watching her when she is all drowsy and sleepy and blinks and stretches her legs.
DannysMom
Here is Miss Mindy at almost 10 months. She is a tiny kitty for her age, weighing around 6.5 pounds or so, but this tiny bundle is so cheerful and loving. When she blinks at me with those beautiful golden eyes she makes my heart melt. Mindy has been quietly supportive since Tina passed on. She is as happy and cheerful as my Danny boy used to be. Mindy is very trusting. I can gently touch her and bring my face close to her body without her lashing out at me. She loves showing me her beautiful little tummy, and she has this remarkable, star-shaped white mark on her chest.

Click to view attachment
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and this wonderful picture of your little Mindy. How she has grown in the four months you have been together!! And what a little beauty she is!!! I know she is a great comfort to you, as you are to her, as you both travel your grief adjustment journey together.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. I hope today is treating you and your little girl kindly. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Moon_beam, thank you for your comment on Mindy's photo. She is very beautiful indeed, and such a little lovebug. She likes rubbing against me, and she LOVES to talk. She gets so excited when I open a window for her, and she'll sit there for an hour or more, just watching all the goings on out there. She is fascinated by the dragon flies and butterflies, and all the birds.

Something is bothering me though. Mindy has not napped in the 'cat chair' since Tina's passing. I gently placed her in the chair today, but she sniffed the cushion and then quickly bolted off the chair. This really bothers me, and I hope that in time she will sleep there again. It is such a comfortable spot, and Tina always loved it.
DannysMom
Mindy is 10 months old today! smile.gif But even big girls still need their security blanket sometimes. Mindy has had this 'suckling' habit since I adopted her. She was probably separated from her cat mom too early.

Click to view attachment
Tom's Dad
Happy B-Day Mindy!

Theresa does the same thing when she gets on my chest - probably for the same reason. The shelter said they got her at 4 months, I got her at just over 4 years.
leejaye
Hey Danny's Mom, A big 10 month happy birthday to Mindy!!! Another lovely photo, both your girls are very beautiful!!! Leejaye
DannysMom
Help! I needs Kitty Weight Watchers!

Click to view attachment

Miss Mindy has gotten a bit "chubby". But she is still a beautiful Tux girl kitty! smile.gif She likes pouncing on Shelley and wrestling with her, much to Shelley's dismay. Mindy will be 11 months old this coming week.
Tom's Dad
Happy Birthday Mindy!!!
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. She has grown soooo big (and I don't mean chubby). What a precious little girl she is!!! Our babies don't stay small for very long, do they? One day they're helpless little kittens and it seems the next time we look at them they are big and beautiful. Unfortunately us gals of every life form have the challenge of keeping our girlish figures. My beautiful baby girl Abbygayle was a "full figure" gal during her earthly journey despite my best efforts. Now that she is with the angels I know she is slim and trim. Your little Mindy may need to go on a special "weight watchers" diet. When you take her in for her next check up you may want to talk to her doctor about this.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you and your precious girls for your cherished friendship. Please know you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
xxForeverxx
Well I just had to have a little giggle when seeing that post of your beautiful Mindy..........I took my little girl Pixie to the vets last Wednesday as she throws up sometimes (we think it's just a dietary problem) and he weighed her and I said "she's a little underweight isn't she" and he said "actually if anything she's a little podgy!!" well you should have seen Pixies face......but to make it weird you say that about your Mindy........she looks almost identical to my Pixie!! In fact I'm so amazed I'm gonna log on the laptop now (as I'm on the iPad) and upload a photo of pixie to show you what I mean smile.gif

xxForeverxx
xxForeverxx
Ok......I will get a better one of her lying down on the floor tomorrow during the day where eyes arent scary from the flash etc as also the likeness can not be seen that much from these two I just took but here we go!

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
xxForeverxx, your Pixie is sooo cute! And she really does look so much like my Mindy, especially her face. She has almost the exact same white blaze on her face. And the coloring on her front and back paws is very much like Mindy's. What a cute little cat!

I'll post another photo of Mindy so you can see that she really is a chubby little gal! smile.gif
DannysMom
Size matters not, ... Look at me. Judge me by size, do you?

Click to view attachment

I just had to do this. smile.gif She reminds me of Yoda, sitting there like this.

Moon_beam, Mindy eats mostly canned food which isn't supposed to make them fat. I am watching her portions already, but she is much less active than Shelley. I'm really hoping that she does not have a congenital heart defect or something like that. She was very active when I first got her, but she did slow down after Tina died.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. When you take her for her next check up you may want her doctor to run a full blood panel on her to include her thyroid - - just as a precaution as a means of elimination of causes for her weight gain. If her thyroid is underactive her weight gain and inactivity could be a "symptom". Please do NOT panic about this. My Noah undergoes a routine complete blood panel work up as part of his medical check ups, too. Hill's and Purina make a canned "weight loss" food that might be able to help your precious Mindy get her girlish figure back - - but they are prescription foods that you can only get from your veterinary practitioner. My Noah is on the Hill's which is his primary meal during the day. In the evening I do "cheat" and give him the regular single meal canned Hill's food because of the wider variety of meal selections. I can hardly get his dinner into this bowl!!! I know your precious Mindy is in EXCELLENT care with you as her Forever Mom. Your veterinary PCP will be able to give you the best guidance.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you and your precious girls for your cherished friendship. Please know you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Moon_beam, thank you so much for your suggestions and recommendations. I was actually thinking she may have a congenital heart defect or something like that. She has been a bit more active in the past few days, and I make sure that I give her special attention since she was used to being the #1 girl and Shelley's addition has shaken things up a bit. Maybe she feels a bit intimidated by Shelley's athletic skills and seems to think "Ok, I'm the fat one, so what's the point in competing?" She loves chasing Shelley around, and that should give her some good exercise.

Today, Mindy is 11 months old! She was sharing the jungle gym platforms with Shelley for a good nap.

Click to view attachment
Tom's Dad
Thank you DannysMom for the great pic of your beautiful girls!
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are doing. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits this hot Thursday.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures of your precious girls. I can see a mischievous glint in your Mindy's eyes "hmmmm - - now if Shelley just lets her tail hang down - - or maybe I can make a sneak attack - - hmmmm - -- strategy is called for here." Your girls make a wonderful pair, and I know they fill your heart with joy with their antics. So glad to know that Shelley is getting more settled in.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley with us. I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you and your precious girls for your cherished friendship. Please know you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
xxForeverxx
Hi DannysMom

I just love that photo of Mindy sitting upright smile.gif really put a smile on my face. I think with a bit of time of the two running around she will lose a little bit of weight. This is the problem I have with Pixie.....she lets the other two play and only joins in sometimes when she feels like it so i can think that this is the reason for her pot belly as I only feed her the normal amount a day.....and she throws it up sometimes!

It looks like they are both starting to get along just fine in that photo of the jungle gym which is good to see. I think indoor cats are good for our own fitness too considering we have to try and keep them active so in the process exercise ourselves! is knackering sometimes wink.gif

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
xxForeverxx, I am glad that Mindy's picture made you smile! She is such a cute little tux girl, and she has the most amazing golden eyes! I call her Mindy GoldenEyes Oddpaw. She has two extra toes on her right paw and just one extra toe on her left paw. Mindy loves chasing Shelley around, and Shelley always outruns her. Mindy and Shelley are such good friends now. Mindy is crazy about giving Shelley kitty baths. She loves licking her head and ears and does so every chance she gets. She will hold down Shelley so that she can't get away while Mindy "washes" her. I've never seen such an affectionate kitty.
DannysMom
Miss Mindy weighs in at 10.4 pounds! sad.gif Not good at all! She shouldn't weigh any more than 9 pounds at the most. Now I have to watch her portions even more. What is it with the Tux cats and weight? Danny always had weight problems as well, and I don't want Mindy to get congestive heart failure. I feed her mostly canned food which should keep her full longer and it has less calories than dry food.
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley are doing. Oh the struggles women of all life forms have to deal with - - keeping the girlish figure. I know you will be able to find a way to help her.

I hope today is treating you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley kindly, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, cool, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and TIna.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
DannysMom
Moon_beam, thanks for stopping by. I'm just amazed at how much weight even Shelley gained on this food in a short time. She went from 7.38 just a couple weeks ago to 8.00. So, this is some potent stuff! I got the Organix Feline Indoor Adult food today, and Shelley ate some of it. I hope that Mindy will like it too. She used to eat it back in January.

Miss Mindy jumped on the couch with me last night and snuggled up right beside me with her head rested on my side. She hasn't done this in a long time, but it didn't last long. After a few minutes of me petting her she got up again. sad.gif Well, she's a teenager in human years, so right now she wants her independence! Even so, she did sleep on the bed with me last night.
DannysMom
Miss Shelley is quite the acrobat. Yesterday evening she was batting around a toy ball that has a bell inside. She chased it all over the place, batting it, and carrying it in her mouth like a prized trophy. She is so athletic, and when she gets bored she knows how to entertain herself. I had to smile every time I heard the jingle, jingle, jingle of that little ball.
Tom's Dad
It is the little things that cats do that make us smile.gif
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley are doing. Hope the new food helps your little Mindy get back her girlish figure, and helps your Miss Shelley keep hers. Oh the things us girls have to endure!!!

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Angelinda
Mindy is just SO beautiful! I love her eyes and the color of her fur. Many, many years ago, we had a kitty called "Shadow" - another black cat - and he was a polydactyl as well! I love that they have what look like thumbs! It's wonderful that Mindy likes to play as well as snuggle. And being a talker and smart is also another nice component! I can just see how she can melt your heart. I see that you got her back in February, but I just saw this so I want to say "Belated Congratulations"!

QUOTE (DannysMom @ Feb 5 2012, 07:40 PM) *

Click to view attachment

xxForeverxx
I am sure she can lose the weight......especially if she keeps runnign around chasing toys like she does!

I had the problem with pixie throwing up after eating and she was a little over weight so what I do now is feed her half a pounch in the morning, half a pounch for lunch and half the normal amount of crunches she would usually have in the evening and she seems quite happy with that......so far!

She's only got to lose about a pound right?

xxForeverxx
DannysMom
QUOTE (Angelinda @ Jul 15 2012, 06:53 PM) *
Mindy is just SO beautiful! I love her eyes and the color of her fur. Many, many years ago, we had a kitty called "Shadow" - another black cat - and he was a polydactyl as well! I love that they have what look like thumbs! It's wonderful that Mindy likes to play as well as snuggle. And being a talker and smart is also another nice component! I can just see how she can melt your heart. I see that you got her back in February, but I just saw this so I want to say "Belated Congratulations"!

Thanks, Angelinda! smile.gif I love her thumbs too. It looks like she is wearing little mittens. Mindy has two extra toes on the right front paw and only one extra toe on the left front paw. Tomorrow is Mindy's 1 year birthday.
DannysMom
I'm letting the cat out of the bag...July 20 Miss Mindy will be 1 year old.

Click to view attachment

For some reason both Mindy and Shelley love to hide in this green bag. Shelley even snuggles up in it with just her head sticking out. Tonight Mindy snuggled up in my lap for almost an hour. Shelley got jealous and meowed, but there was no more room, so she knocked a beanie baby down.
Tom's Dad
QUOTE (DannysMom @ Jul 19 2012, 10:56 PM) *
I'm letting the cat out of the bag...July 20 Miss Mindy will be 1 year old.

Click to view attachment

For some reason both Mindy and Shelley love to hide in this green bag. Shelley even snuggles up in it with just her head sticking out. Tonight Mindy snuggled up in my lap for almost an hour. Shelley got jealous and meowed, but there was no more room, so she knocked a beanie baby down.

HAPPY B-DAY Mindy! (Theresa loves shopping bags too)
moon_beam
Hi, DannysMom, sending "birthday greetings" to your precious little Mindy, and hoping this finds you, your precious Birthday Girl, and your precious Miss Shelley doing well and in good spirits. What an adorable picture of your precious Mindy. And I am so chuckling about your Miss Shelley swatting a beanie baby onto the floor, "gee whiskers, there's no room for me on mommy's lap, and I wanted to snuggle, too." I bet you and your precious Miss Shelley found some snuggle time later on, and all is right wth the world once again.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Birthday Girl Mindy, and your precious baby girl Miss Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.