Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loss Of Pet After 18 Years
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
mysacek
Yesterday, I lost a cat that been with us for 18 years. I am still disbelief that he is gone. He was sick for a while and battled a renal failure. Last week, his health deteriorated and was not eating, or drinking. Vet said that there is not much else to do, and wait till his time will be up. Over the weekend, his fragile body shut down and Sunday, he was almost unresponsive, and foaming, and eventually passed away. I do not have any pet left, and was entire life surrounded by them. I want to get another pet, when my grief is over. However, I am not sure, what is appropriate time for it. How long time would you wait before you adopt another pet?

Click to view attachment
Snicky's Mom
I am so sorry that you lost your cat. I lost by 17 yr old cat, Chloe on Jan 1st also to renal failure. Your grief is still new and raw, but grief is different for everyone and you will know yourself when it is time to get a new pet. When you get a new cat, you will be saving a life and honoring you deceased cat's memory. Peace and blessings to you. Jennifer in Texas
BonniesMom
I think you will probably be able to feel when the time is right for a pet. It's very difficult to be without one after having one for so long. Plus it's a wonderful way to honor the memory of the pet that has passed on, by giving a loving home to a new pet.

I am very sorry for your loss. One of my 12 year old Yorkies passed in July due to renal failure. It is a sad and terrible illness. There comes a point when we can't do anything more to help them once the disease gets far enough along. I sympathize with your grief and loss.
xxForeverxx
Hi

I am so sorry for your loss. I had to but my 3 and a half years cat Chewy down just over 2 weeks ago and I am heart broken. So I can imagine what your going through after having your little friend for so long.

Please take a little comfort in this website. Although it does not take the grief away it helps you to know there are people out there who know and have felt exactly what you are going through.

At this time I can only say just know that your cat loved you very much and you gave him the best life he could have had.

My deepest sympathies.

xxForeverxx
mysacek
Thank you all for your words. I miss my cat a lot. House is empty, and lonely without his presence. I wish that he could be here longer and last to spring, so he can watch from a bay window the yard with births, bunnies. I build a birdbath for him so he can see them. I will eventually adopt another pet in spring, when I will be ready.
xxForeverxx
I am very sorry for your loss. I too lost my cat a few weeks ago and am finding it extremely hard. Take comfort in the fact that you loved that more than anyone and gave him the best 18 years you could have. He loves you very much and I hope you start to feel better soon.

Sorry I could not be more help but just wanted to send my love.

xxForeverxx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.