Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trevor
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
Bobbie
Trevor was the bravest little dog that ever lived. I loved him and he loved me. That's not quite right. I adored Trevor. Trevor was and is the BEST.

I LOVE YOU, TREVOR!

XO Mommy XO
Peggy's Human
Dear Bobbie,

Yes he was. And you are one of the most wonderful 'owners' God ever put on the planet. In my next life, I want to come back as one of your dogs. smile.gif

Hug to you ((((((Bobbie))))))

Love,

Peggy (Mom-Mom and Brandy)

P.S. Please use my e-mail address and send me any pics you need to have re-sized for upload to this site. I'll size them down and send them back so you can upload without a problem. smile.gif
Bobbie
Thanks for your kind and soft words, Peggy! I could really use them. And will send pics of Mr. Trevor ASAP.

I thought and thought about how Trevor lived. He was in constant and miserable pain, was completely misunderstood and misdiagnosed for such a long period of time, lived in an overcrowded and in appropriate foster home for too long and the suffering really never went away unless he was sleeping. In fact towards the end of his earthly life he was getting enough pain medication it would have dropped a 300 pound person in just a few miinutes. And yet, from the day he was properly diagnosed and we learned what we were dealing with (noT only symptoms, but side effects of the diseases such as claustrophobia) Trevor INSTANTLY and COMPLETELY changed into the bravest, most trusting, most loving and, for him, the happiest dog I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, much less living with. Even though he was still being abused by the diseases themselves, he knew that his mom (especially) and his dad loved him and would be with him, no matter what. I am proud to say, that from the day of proper diagnosis, we never raised our voices at Trevor, no matter what he had done or was doing, we gave him the kinds of human and doggie food that he LIKED, we padded every corner he might run into with thick towels that are still there, so that he would simply brush against something soft instead of running into a hard object and then have to recoil from that. He slept on three comforters, piled high, so things were always soft. He had 3 upstairs for night and 3 in the living room for the day.

Trevor taught me so many things, and I wasn't necessarily the fastest learner, that I will never forget and hope to pass on to every animal that may live with us, every animal that comes in contact with us and every human we know. These are TREVORS LESSONS:

1.IF YOU TREAT SOMEONE WITH KINDNESS, THEY WILL RESPOND WITH KINDNESS.
2.BEAR MOST THINGS WITH SILENCE. BARK ONLY WHEN ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
3.TREAT & GREET EVERYONE WITH JOY.
4.LOVE, ALWAYS.
5.TRUST, UNLESS YOU ARE GIVEN A REALLY GOOD REASON NOT TO.
6.NEVER LOSE YOUR APPETITE FOR FOOD OR LIFE.
7.KEEP TRYING. SOMEONE WILL COME ALONG AND HELP.
8.ACCEPT YOUR ROLE IN LIFE.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

As you can tell, this is exactly how Trevor lived his life, every day. And this is the sandard that I aspire to. With Trevor's help, I will make it.

moon_beam
Hi, Bobbie, just stopping by to check in and to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. As I'm reading through your posts, I am beginning to realize something: I believe a major part of the reason why you are hurting so very much for your beloved Trevor is, among many reasons, because once YOU became Trevor's earthly caregiver and finally was able to have him properly diagnosed with the proper medications to help him, you saw Trevor's Inner Spirit reveal himself to you - - for what his heart and soul IS - - and you embraced him totally and completely. Prior to his coming to you, he was a nuisance, an "obligation", - - a living being "unworthy" of human love. YOU, dear Bobbie, emptied yourself to him, and he to you. Your beloved Trevor was your SPECIAL NEEDS boy during his earthly journey with you, and you gave him everything you had to let him know he is WORTHY of being loved - - FOREVER. YOU, my friend, will wear a golden crown when you see him again, and it will be your beloved Trevor who places it on your head. You already are blessed with the eternal gift of his love that NO ONE ELSE can claim.

I know this doesn't help the horrible pain that is in your heart right now, but I do hope and pray that someday as / if you think upon this, you will feel comforted by it, and it will give you great joy to know that you, and YOU ALONE, gave Trevor the best 2.5 years of his life filled with love and comfort and acceptance. How very blessed you are, Bobbie.

I hope today is being kind to you, and that your beloved Trevor's resting place did not sustain any damage, or minimal damage, as Irene passed through your area yesterday. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Bobbie, and am looking forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Bobbie

Trevor died 6 weeks ago today. so sad, so very, very sad.
BonniesMom
I am so sorry about your loss of Trevor. He sounds like such a wonderful little man.
Bobbie
Dear Bonniesmom,

Thank you so, so very much for your condolences and for someone (not including me) calling Trevor what he really was "a little man".

Oh, you have brought back a ton of memories today, especially since we've had a new Spaniel for 48 hours now, and the "getting another dog" guilt is beginning to settle in.

Trevor truly was the best and bravest little dog there ever was. I won't repeat his story, but I have a bunch of spotings in both Memorials and Death sections.

I think if I write any more right now the tears are going to come very fast and heavy. Will say THANK YOU again and wish you a good, good night.

Bobbie
Bobbie

TREVOR, I WILL REMEMBER YOU ALWAYS...................................UNTIL WE ARE TOGETHER.........................UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

XOXO Mommy XOXO
Cheryl83
QUOTE (Bobbie @ Aug 28 2011, 06:12 AM) *
These are TREVORS LESSONS:

1.IF YOU TREAT SOMEONE WITH KINDNESS, THEY WILL RESPOND WITH KINDNESS.
2.BEAR MOST THINGS WITH SILENCE. BARK ONLY WHEN ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
3.TREAT & GREET EVERYONE WITH JOY.
4.LOVE, ALWAYS.
5.TRUST, UNLESS YOU ARE GIVEN A REALLY GOOD REASON NOT TO.
6.NEVER LOSE YOUR APPETITE FOR FOOD OR LIFE.
7.KEEP TRYING. SOMEONE WILL COME ALONG AND HELP.
8.ACCEPT YOUR ROLE IN LIFE.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

As you can tell, this is exactly how Trevor lived his life, every day. And this is the sandard that I aspire to. With Trevor's help, I will make it.

Hi Bobbie,
This brought tears to my eyes. How very true it all is! Trevor's such a clever and special boy.

Thank you for sharing Trevor's wonderful tips on how to get the most out of life. They have really inspired me.

Big hugs to you, your angel boy, and your new doggy xx
Bobbie

GOOD NIGHT, MY SWEET BOY.
MOMMY WILL VISIT YOU TOMORROW. GRANDMOM COMES NEXT WEEK.

i LOVE YOU MORE THAN EVER - EACH DAY WILL GET STRONGER.

THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU and loving Mommy.

I LOVE YOU, TREVOR!

XO Mommy XO
leejaye
Dear Bobbie, I know a secret (well, it's not so secret) - TREVOR LOVES BOBBIE FOREVER , take care my friend, Leejaye

Bobbie

Bless you, Leejae! You know how to help heal a broken heart! Will be in touch soon! Bobbie and bad=boy Dreamer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.