Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Letter To Dozer
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Memorials, Tributes, and Eulogies
Dozersmommy
Dozer
Mommy is so sorry that you are gone.i am so sorry that you had to suffer the way you did.I hope you can forgive me.I am so very sorry my sweet boy that mommy didnt know you were so sick.I never will forgive myself for not having the money that it cost for the vet to fix you.And i hope you know i was with you the day they put you to sleep.You took a deep sigh and you were gone.I love you forever,I will never forget you.I hurt so much sometimes i think i will die.I hope your not mad at me.I laid next to you at the vet until you took your last breath i hope you knew i was there.I hope your not suffering anymore.I hope i made the right decision.I am so sorry i left you with those people who let you suffer mommy would never had left you had i known that you would have to go thru that.I wish i could of gotten to you sooner so you didnt have to suffer for so long.I love you and i miss you
your mommy
Samantha
raerae777
Samantha,

What a sweet letter to your precious Dozer. I know the pain and guilt you are going through. It is so hard. But know that Dozer knows how much you love him and knew you were right there with him. He is free from any pain and suffering now. I know no words I can say can make you feel 100% better, but know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you find some comfort and peace today.

Much love.

Cinder's Mama
Gretta's Mom
OH RaeRae

What a beautiful letter to your Dozer. It made me think of a sad verse I'd created for a song - it asked Gretta (the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived) to forgive me for not knowing that she was walking "so slow" because she was in pain (spinal/neuro pain). I, too, asked her forgiveness for leaving her alone with strangers who, in treating her, must have hurt and scared her greatly. I was too scared to take her home on what was to be her last night on earth. But as bad as I feel - and as bad as you feel about you nad Dozer - I believe that, since our babies are, as my wonderful vet said, "in a safe place now" that they DO understand, that they DO know what happened and why, and, most important, they DO love us as much as ever beccause they know WE love them as much as ever. Dogs are much smarter and more insightful than people even here on earth. They know everything where they are at now. I'll send my Gretta over to see Dozer (they'll recognize each other b/c they loook the same except for color) and reinforce your message to him. Since they already know and this must seem as obvious as, say, gravity to them, I'm sure Mr Dozer will turn his head and ask Gretta, "What? Of course I know all about it. Of course I love her even more now than before. Guess I gotta send a signal, eh? Gretta, ya' know how to do that?"

Dozer and Gretta - what a wonderful pair - two oldsters just hangin' out in heaven's sunshine.

Love to you and Dozer.

Gretta (and Rufus's) mom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.