Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello Purszi
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Pages: 1, 2, 3
leejaye
Well I didn't think i would be writing a post like this for months, but on Saturday morning we welcomed a little ginger and white boy cat with big floppy feet into our family and lives. He was the last kitten in the pet shop again and i foolishly agreed to have a cuddle - he started purring his head off, threw his head back on my shoulder, looked up at me and went to sleep purring. I gave him back and walked away quite confused about what i was feeling and what i should do, my mum settled it by buying him for me and while I have been having intermittent guilt episodes (am i being fair to mischief, am i being fair to him? I go round in circles. I had also intended to get a rescue cat when i thought i was ready, mum argued that pet shop animals need rescuing too), I'm so glad she did buy him - he is so quickly wriggling his kitten way into my heart!
I've named him Purszival because he purrs whenever you pick him up, so loud you can hear him across the room! He is nothing like my Mischief girl, which is good, because I wasn't looking to replace her -I never could anyway, but i was lonely without a cat child, I think my Mischief would know this.
Purszi and I are still getting to know each other, but he already has his own very definite personality, bit of a rough and tumble crazy boy when he's awake but so cute when he's asleep (he does this thing where he crosses his front paws over his face in his sleep!). Oddly he has done a few things already that were peculiar to Mischief - yesterday he marched into the bedroom, ignored his water dish (and he knew it was there), got on the bedside table and drank my glass of water, just like he knew all about it - this was one of Mischief's favourite things, even if i got a new glass for myself she would drink the new one, seems she told Purszi cos he did that too. He also likes standing on my shoulder while I walk around which was her favourite perch when she was little. I hope she is here teaching him, I will never forget her and never stop loving her or missing her but I realised something this morning - I think that I can love both of them without diminishing my love for either, I'm just hanging onto that thought.
Wish us and the furniture luck (he really is a crazy boy, tearing along the back of the lounge)! I've attached some pictures of him in his cute sleeping pose!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

LoveMyMickey
Awwwww..leejaye, Purszival is so pretty and cute the way he is laying. No you are not replacing Mischief, you are just adding another furbaby to love. I bet Mischief guided you to this sweet furbaby. I agree pet shop furbabies need rescuing too.

leejaye, thank you for sharing the cute pics of Purszival. I wish you much happiness with your new furbaby. I know you have lots of love to give to Mischief's Sweet Living Spirit and to Purszival.

God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
kaylasmom
Hi leejaye,
Congrats on your baby boy! He's soooo cute! I bet he keeps you guys on your toes when he's awake. The beautiful thing about the human heart is its elasticity. As much love as you give out it can always hold more. I'm sure Mischief is looking down on you guys and laughing her tail off at her baby brother's antics. We had almost decided to get another baby but hubby fractured his heel last week and will be laid up most of the summer. Probably not a good idea to have a kitten tearing around the house until he's back on both feet. Besides, TyTy is enjoying being solo cat, Kay had such a strong personality that the poor boy was quite overshadowed when she was around.

May you, your partner and Purzs (hope I spelled it right, love the name) have a wonderful future together. Please keep us updated if you want.

Shelby (Kaylasmom)
moon_beam
Hi, Leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you're doing. Congratulations on your new lifetime companion Purszival. He is so o o adorable, and I'm so very happy that you know that you can DEFINITELY love this little new little life and always love your precious Mischief. It's NOT a choice of either / or: it's a matter of embracing each and every furchild into their own special place in our hearts and home. Please know that your precious Mischief is doing her "happy dance" with the angels seeing you happy with your precious little Purszival.

Leejaye, it is my sincerest hope and prayer that you and your precious little boy will have a long, happy, and healthy earthly journey together. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Ollie's Mama
Hi, leejaye! Congratulations on your beautiful Purszival! What a cutie - just look at that adorable patterned tummy! : )

I'm so happy for you! Like everyone said, there is definitely enough love to go around - I know you have a really big heart, so there's plenty of room in there for both Mischief and Purszival. : ) Congratulations again! : )

Love,
Terri
Abby's Mom
Leejaye what a precious little bundle of kitty cuteness! Purzi is adorable! I'm so happy for you and I know that Mischief is smiling down on you and her new baby brother-smile.gif

I also recently took a leap of faith and adopted/rescued a beautiful new baby furbaby named Bailey (JRT mix). She's not like my Abby either and that's okay because there will never be another. But Bailey is her own doggie and has already got me wrapped around her little paw LOL-smile.gif

Congratulations! I hope that you and Purzi enjoy one another and have all the happiness that you both deserve.

Blessings to you both,
Abby and Bailey's Mom
leejaye
Hi Everyone, thanks for your kind comments about Purszi, he is definitely a cutie! I'm still a little worried that i got him too soon, I don't want him to feel the sadness in my heart for Missy and think I don't love him properly. What do you guys think?
leejaye
Forgot to tell you, we had our vet check yesterday and purszi is a 100% healthy kitty (apart from the 2 free fleas the pet shop gave us)! I was a little worried cos he was from a pet shop, the vet told me these little guys are often not as healthy as rescue cats (!), so we go back next week for vaccinations - bet Purszi is braver than i am! Thanks again for all your support and big purrs from Purszi!
moon_beam
Hi, Leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you and your precious little Purzi are doing. There is no doubt in my mind that you love little Purzi with all your heart and for who he is. But he also knows there is an "empty place" in your heart, - - a place he knows he will never be able to fill - - and he is doing his best to comfort you to let you know it's okay. He wants you to know that he's not there to "replace" your precious Mischief - - he only wants to be a part of your life in his own special way. So, please relax, dear Leejaye, and just enjoy your new beloved lifetime companion - - as your precious Mischief so very much wants you to.

And thank you so much for letting us know that his check up went so well. I am so thrilled that he got a good health report from his doctor, and I hope and pray you both will enjoy a long and happy and healthy lifetime journey together. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, Leejaye, and look forward to knowing how you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

ChrisL
Those pictures of Purszival have been making me feel all gooey inside. Thanks for sharing, and it is great to know he is in good health.
It gives me hope that before too long I may welcome a new kitten into my life as well.

Thanks.
leejaye
Hey ChrisL, Purszi just does all this super cute stuff when he's asleep, when he's awake he goes at a million miles an hour - so i tend to get pics like the 2nd one below...i really didn't think there was hope beyond my girl, i was lucky enough to have her for 17 yrs, we were part of each other, so anything else was inconcievable in those first weeks, but i met this little guy and he's making a place in my life and heart and we're getting there, I still think of Mischief everyday, but then Purszi will come and purr all over me and beg for a game, it really helps...hope you like the pics, give Loki his favourite pat for me

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
moon_beam
Hi, Leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszi are doing. And thank for the WONDERFUL pictures of your little boy. He is a real sweetheart. Have no doubt in your heart and mind that your beloved Mischief is so very happy that you and little Purszi have joined your lives together.

I hope today and this weekend is being kind to you and little Purszi. Thank you again so very much for sharing with us how things are going for you both. Please know you and little Purszi are in my thoughts and prayers, Leejaye, and I look forward to knowing how your'e doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
leejaye
A quick Purszi update: Purszival has settled in really well and steals a bit more of my heart every day, his determined little boy personality is really coming out! He's already had an action packed week - we have been going for walks in the garden (with his harness on, which he is really good with actually, and loves the garden) and he found out about bees the hard way! Thank goodness he is not allergic and he got stung on the paw (not mouth), but his paw puffed up to twice it's normal size (he already has big floppy feet!) and he wouldn't let me put ice on it, trip to the vet...anyway, he seems to much prefer toys i make for him - scrunched up balls of paper, bits of string with something tied on the end, and this cardboard box he found, i cut a couple of holes in it, kitten heaven! I thought i would post these pictures of him enjoying his box, hope they make you smile , Leejaye

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ChrisL
MUST

RESIST

KITTEN...

Seriously though, that last picture. I didn't know it was possible to be that goofy and handsome at the same time.

Peace,
Chris
moon_beam
Hi, Leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are dong. And thank you so much for sharing these absolutely wonderful pictures of your boy at play. WONDERFUL pictures, and blessed memories.

I hope today is being kind to you and precious Purszival. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, leejaye, and look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi leejaye.....Those pics of Purszi are soooooo cute. That is one cute cat playhouse you made. He is such a sweet cat and I'm glad he is settling in well. I hope his little foot gets better.

Thank you for sharing your new beginning with us leejaye.

God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
leejaye
Hi ChrisL - Resistance is futile!! And you have summed up the essence of Purszi - impossibly handsome and goofy at the same time! An interesting combination!
Thanks Moon-beam for your kind words, I didn't have a camera when Mischief was small, but my mother bought me a digital camera for Christmas so I'm really making use of it with Purszi in his kittenhood! Please give Noah a snuggle for me
Hi LoveMyMickey, I'm so glad you liked the pics, I think he's a cutie but I am undeniably biased! His paw is back to normal size (big - I can't believe the size of his feet, I wonder how big he will grow?) but he tried to mess with another bee today - we went inside straight away!!
Hope life is nice to all of you today (tonight?), Leejaye (and a loudly purring Purszival)
leejaye
Forgot to say I asked LS Support to move this thread to where I should have put it in the first place, I felt kind of uncomfortable posting when people come to the Death and Dying forum with such damaged hearts, at the same time I kind of wanted to show that life could eventually go on...I suspect that if Mum hadn't bought Purszi for me I would still be depressed as hell, I don't think there was ever going to be a time when I felt "ready" for another cat child... not that it has been easy, for the first week I was consumed by guilt, I knew I had enough love for Mischief and Purszi but kind of felt like I was doing them both a disservice - I had a big talk with Purszival and explained he was definitely not a replacement cat and was a special little guy in his own right, things have been slowly slipping into place ever since, I miss my girl but life moves steadily onwards and I have no choice but to go with it, I'm just lucky I found my Purszival to walk (leap crazily!) with me.
LoveMyMickey
Hi leejaye...Thank you again for sharing your beautiful Purszi story and pictures with us. I'm glad his foot got okay. I had to laugh as I read again about the 2 free fleas you got with him. smile.gif I hope you have many many happy and fun years with your leaping Purzsi.

"Purszival...You better stay away from those bees." smile.gif

Hugs,
LoveMyMickey
leejaye
Another Purszi update: We are staying at my mum's place this week - to date Purszi has fallen in the pond (So did Mischief, and my mum's dog - i think it must be a rite of passage at Grandma's house!) and made one new friend, a 2 yr old West Highland Terrier who had a dreadful hatred of cats before he met Purszi (actually I think it was just that he hadn't met one properly, he's so boisterous we used to keep him away from Mischief). After lots of initial growling and barking on Bandit's behalf (and massive amounts of bravery on Purszi's) he decided that this strange furry thing was good to play with - they started off with what looked like hide and seek, then Purszi's favourite "chase me, chase me!"... Bandit is amazingly patient with Purszi climbing on him, biting him, trying to steal his biscuits and generally bothering him, he just looks kind of bemused by it all and is astonishingly gentle with Purszi. This afternoon they are sleeping in the sun together on mum's bed, I wish I had the camera here...I have a photo of bandit on my computer so will attach that, have a good day everyone!
Click to view attachment
LoveMyMickey
Hi leejaye....Awwww..Bandit is so cute. I love the little Westies. There is a dog food commercial on TV that shows a Westie and he is so cute.

That is so cute, Bandit and Purszi playing together and taking a nap together. Bandit knows Purszi is special. ( Of course Mischief was and always will be special too.) Your visits will be more enjoyable with the furbabies having fun.

Leejaye, I hope you are feeling better each day and remember you and family are in my thoughts and prayers.....Enjoy your visit...

God Bless...

LoveMyMickey
moon_beam
Hi, leejaye, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. Sounds like he's settling in quite nicely to his grandmother's home - - I'm chuckling about his "baptism" in the pond. So glad he has made buddies with Bandit, too. Ah yes - - where are the cameras when we have that "Kodak moment"??? Even though we don't always have a filament photograph to "capture" the moment - - our hearts are always taking "pictures" to treasure and these pictures never fade with time. It's true "a picture paints a thousand words,", but I assure you, leejaye, that the words you share with us in describing your precious Purszival speak volumes.

I hope today is being kind to you and your precious Purszival. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, Leejaye, and I look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
leejaye
Thanks Moon_Beam and LoveMyMickey, I think we have the same dog food ad here - that's where Mum saw them! I am so so happy that they are friends, I didn't think it would happen the first few days... we always had at least one dog and cat when i was growing up (sometimes 2 cats, 1 dog; 2 dogs, 1 cat; etc, I don't know how people live without a furry soul) and they were all great mates - I have one memory of my brother's german Shepherd cross licking my small black cat all over the head - she just sat there patiently and returned the favour...I love those moments! Purszival seems to have a great love of water - he gets in the kitchen and bathroom sink, tries to get in if I'm washing up and i was hosing today and he was chasing the water - so I guess his swim wasn't so bad, I'll have to keep an eye out that he doesn't go in voluntarily!!! Again thankyou both so much, I guess it's Friday morning there - hope you both have a great end of week, favourite pats to Noah again please Moon_Beam, and hugs to you both Leejaye PS Purszi and Bandit are sleeping but they'd send purrs and licks if they were awake!
moon_beam
Hi, leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. I'm smiling at your account of his enoying the water. My number one kitty son, Eli, was a "water sports" kitty, too. He would get into the shower with me, and - - then there was the water line to the refrigerator that he LOVED to bite through and watch the water spring out of the holes and - - then play in the pools of water on the floor. He did this several times before I was able to get some PVC tubing to run the water line through to hook up to the refrigerator - - and then block off access to the back of the refrigerator with boards. I hope your little Purszival by-passes this "sport."

I hope today is treating you and your little boy kindly, and that you will have a wonderful joy-filled weekend. My Noah and I are enjoying many snuggle cuddles today - - I'm just being lazy today. Please know you and your precious Purszival are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

leejaye
Thanks Moon_Beam, I've never met a cat who liked water like this! Your Eli's antics gave me a giggle, it sounds very similar to Purszival, just this morning he tried to get in the shower with me! Hope you had the loveliest of lazy days with Noah, please give him a snuggle for me!! Leejaye
leejaye
I had forgotten how sweet falling in love can be - Mr Purszival has really given me the gift of remembering this feeling, he's been with me a while now, but we looked at each other this morning and my heart just bubbled with happiness, a true moment of joy, and I really knew we belong to each other now. I think my Mischief has been helping us again, Purszi is not a very snuggly cat (being a boy and young I guess) but the last few times he has come for a cuddle I swear I have heard the faint jingle of Mischief's bell. It can't be Purszi's bell, Purszi isn't wearing a collar this week, he keeps taking them off and gouged his little face last time he decided to get naked, I'm keeping him inside until his face heals a bit - does anyone have any tips for keeping his collar on him? He's microchipped and outdoors under supervision only but I prefer him to wear a collar with my phone no and his name on it in case he does somehow manage to escape, I have never had this problem with my other cats! I'll have to post some photos next time, I can't believe how quickly my boy is growing!
moon_beam
"I had forgotten how sweet falling in love can be - Mr Purszival has really given me the gift of remembering this feeling, he's been with me a while now, but we looked at each other this morning and my heart just bubbled with happiness, a true moment of joy, and I really knew we belong to each other now."

Hi, Leejaye, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. I am so very, very happy for you and your sweet boy - - that you know you both are now one in heart and spirit.

About the collar, I know all too well with my number one kitty son Eli how creative your Purszival can be wriggling out of his collar. It is very frustrating, indeed. If you haven't already done so, you might try changing the type of collar, and just be insistent that he get used to the fact that he's going to wear a collar. It took a good couple of years for my Eli to "resign" himself to the fact that his collar was for wearing - - not for wriggling out of. It was truly a "battle of the wills" - - and I had to let him know that this was one battle I intended on winning. I hope your sweet boy's face heals quickly.

I look forward to sharing your pictures of your precious Purszival. They do grow so quickly, don't they? I look at my precious Noah and can't believe he's 8 years old already. It seems like just yesterday both he and his baby sister were little tykes. I hope you and your little boy have a very peaceful evening, my friend, and look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Leejaye....That is so sweet what you said about falling in love with Purszi. I'm so happy that you found such a sweet furbaby and that he is bonding with you. I'm sure, too, that Mischief had a paw in finding Purszi for you.....I am so sorry about his little face. I don't know how you could keep his collar on.......I would love to see some more pics of Purszi. I was thinking about that the other day.
I hope you and Purszi have a long and happy life together.....I know Mischief is up there smiling and watching out for you......

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey
leejaye
Dear moon_beam and LoveMyMickey, Thankyou so much for your kind replies - well, we tried the break apart collar last night and it was gone by morning, he's hidden it somewhere, I can't find it!! We are going back to trying one with an elastic insert (which he chewed through last time), we'll see how long it stays on for!! His little face is healing ok - oh and he's getting his grown up teeth, I found a tiny kitten tooth on my hand the other day when we were playing - I kept it! Apparently they usually swallow them, I've never found one before...I'll get some more pics of him, he's such good smile value I should share it around!! Take care Leejaye
leejaye
Hi all, I sent home for my camera and thought I'd post these pics - Purszi, like all cats, just loves getting in things - buckets, boxes, bags, and this pot...hope they give you a smile Leejaye PS We managed to keep the collar on so far!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
LoveMyMickey
Hi Leejaye....Awwwww..Mr. Purszi is soooooo cute. And so smart too, hiding his collar. I hope he keeps this one on and I'm glad his little face is doing better.
I can see how you fell in love with that cutie pie.....Thank you for the smile, Leejaye.

Hugs to you and Purszi,

LoveMyMickey
leejaye
Hey LoveMyMickey, No sign of that collar yet, but the new one is staying on so far, he's only tried to chew the elastic once...if I've done it right this is a link to a video I took of Purszi the first night he was with me kitten play 1, hope you like it!! Leejaye PS The video quality isn't the best but Purszi is still super cute!
Peggy's Human
Dear leejaye,

What a cutie he is!! Thanks so much for sharing the stories you two already have in your time together. He's only the 3rd cat I've ever heard of who loves water, gotta love that in a cat! Your pics are wonderful, he looks like a llittle scamp and I'm betting he's a lot of fun to play and cuddle with. I am thrilled you're well and appear happy. You're a very sweet person and I'm so glad to know you have a new furry family member. Isn't it funny how often what we feel will be 'the appropriate time', so rarely turns out to be the 'appropriate time' the universe decides upon? LOL

Big hug to you and Purszi!

Peggy

P.S. I LOVE his name!
leejaye
Dear Peggy's Human, Thankyou so very much for your kind comments - my Mr Purszival is a big bagful of smiles, I'm glad you enjoyed our pics and stories...I still cry for my Mischief girl but this little guy is so definitely himself and so full of kitten love, I finally know I can love him and Mischief...You were so compassionate when I lost Mischief, I just wanted to thank you again and send wishes for sunshine in your world, sending you some huge hugs Leejaye
moon_beam
Hi, leejaye, thank you so very, very much for sharing these wonderful pictures of your precious Purszival with us - - and the wonderful video. What treasures these pictures and videos are of your precious little boy.

Hopefully perseverence will rule about the collar. You know about my Eli and his collar antics. Both my Noah and Abbygayle, too, did not take kindly to collars at first. They would scratch at them and try to pull them off as well, but not successfully, thank goodness. So, eventually they "resigned" themselves to their collar, and hopefully your precious Purszival will do the same.

Thank you again, my friend, for sharing your precious Purszival with us. He is soo o o o adorable, and you are so blessed to have him with you. I hope today is being kind to you both, please know you and your little boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

leejaye
Thank you so much lovely moon_beam, That little boy of mine is a pure gift - I'm glad you enjoyed his video and pics! The collar is still on!! Although there has been some attempted chewing at the elastic I'm hoping that resignation will soon set in!! The longer tether line is a great idea and means I can get some gardening done when we are outside but also make sure he doesn't escape into the bush (there is a bushland reserve just across the driveway), which he seems quite curious about - Mischief and I lived in another house that backed onto bushland, she wasn't an outdoor cat at all at that time, so the day she disappeared only to reappear at the bottom of a cliff (which I had to climb down to get her) has stuck hard in the terrified bit of my memory and I really don't want to visit that feeling again! I've been trying to tell him that there are all sorts of dangers a kitten couldn't even begin to guess at so he needs to listen to his mother while he learns, not sure if he's listening, he gives me a look and wriggles away when the topic comes up!! Hope you and Noah have a lovely Sunday and that the weather stays away from you!! Take care Leejaye
moon_beam
Hi, leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. Your precious little boy is still checking out his world, and of course to him it's living in a big adventure. Since he already knows you will protect him from harm, he feels he can trust EVERYTHING, and of course - - that you are being "overly protective" by limiting his access (Sound familiar - - the typical battle cry of youth). So you just keep on telling him that mommy knows best. I assure you eventually he will come to understand this, and love you all the more for it.

I know you are going to enjoy having your little boy outside with you while you're working in the garden. I always enjoyed my furkids' company while I was raking leaves. And they always enjoyed walking through the piles of leaves, scampering through them, scattering them every which way. There's just something about a pile of leaves that is so attractive to play time. Noah has transitioned to an indoor kitty now by his own decision primarily.

I hope today will be a very pleasant one for you and your precious Purszival. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LoveMyMickey
Hi Leejaye...Sorry I am just now getting around to looking at the video. Been taking a break from the board.......Little Purszi is sooooo cute running around and playing. I like the way the one video ended, Purszi was saying, "you stop that!" smile.gif

Thank you, Leejaye, for sharing the pics and video with us. I am so happy for you that you found such a sweetheart. I hope you and Purszi have a long and healthy life together.

I'm always thinking of Angel Mischief....Hugs.

LoveMyMickey
leejaye
Dear moon_beam and LoveMyMickey, Thankyou both so much for you kindness, you both make an immense difference to my world, Mr Purszival sends you enormous purrs!! I told him last week that he needed to use his little voice more to tell me what he wanted - he has the tiniest little meow but he has been using it plenty since I told him that, becoming a bit demanding in fact!! He's using it right now to tell me that it's outside time so I better go and see to him, thinking of you both and sending hugs Leejaye PS The collar is still on!!!
moon_beam
Hi, leejaye, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. So glad the collar is still on!!! Perhaps this is the ONE!!! I hope you and your precious boy are having a wonderful evening, and that each day is filled with many happy memories. Please know you and your precious Purszival are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
leejaye
Hi moon_beam, Aaagh! The battle of the collar is lost! I got up this morning and not only no collar but another gouge on his face - I think he chewed on the collar and the plastic edge has scraped him, I felt the edge of the collar and it's quite rigid so I could see how it might have injured him. So that collar is in the bin, we are going back to the fabric break apart and I've decided to take it off him at bed time, since he seems to have these collar battles during the night...also, he is booked for THAT operation tomorrow, he has tried to have his way variously with my arm and Bandit (who stands completely still with the most confused look on his face when this hapens!), my little boy is growing up! Sob! So quickly! He has also been getting a bit rough with his play, so maybe the op. will calm that down a bit too...anyway, wish us luck!Hope all is right in your world my friend, sending snuggles to Noah, Leejaye
moon_beam
Hi, leejaye, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. So sorry that the "battle of the collar" continues. Sounds like a good idea to try removing it at night - - perhaps in time he will come to accept wearing it all the time. Part of any relationship is "compromise" - - and if your precious Purszival sees that you're willing to "give a little" then perhaps in time he'll "condescend" to wearing the collar all the time. Our feline furkids do tend to have an "independent" mind.

Not sure by the timing of your post if it is today, September 7, or "tomorrow" (September 8) that your Purszival is having his "manhood" surgery, but whichever day is the procedure I truly hope and pray that all goes well, and his recuperation is uneventful. Please do let us know how things go. And yes, this procedure should eliminate some of the "inappropriate" advances, much to Bandit's relief.

Hope life is treating you and your precious Purszival kindly. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

leejaye
Hi moon_beam, It's the morning of the 8th here and I dropped Mr Purszival off early for his operation - I can pick him up at 3 this afternoon. I know this is a really standard operation but a little bit of my brain didn't want to drop him off for it, I trust our vet implicitly, so I don't know where this feeling is coming from...just a bit of mum paranoia I think! I'll post again when I pick him up. Feline furkids definitely have very independent minds! This is part of the reason I've always loved cats in particular -I love all animals, but I've always been a cat girl! Thanks for taking the time again to catch up with me and Purszi, we really appreciate it! Snuggles to Noah and a huge hug for you Leejaye
moon_beam
Hi, leejaye, it's always stressful when our furkids are undergoing medical procedures. This is another testimony to how much we love them - - how deeply we love them and want to protect them - - not wanting them to be in pain for any reason - - wondering if a part of them is afraid and not being able to be there to reassure them. You and your precious Purszival are in my thoughts and prayers, leejaye, and am looking forward to sharing your news that all is well.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
leejaye
Dear moon_beam, You always manage to articulate the thoughts behind the thought - thankyou!! I picked Mr Pursz up earlier than i thought, he's a little groggy but otherwise fine - I took him to see Bandit when we got back to mum's (Bandit seemed worried all the time Purszi was away at the vets! I don't know what he will do when we eventually go home...) and he wanted a game!! Sadly I had to tell them both "No", the vet recommended Purszi have a couple of days of Quiet Time while the little wounds heal...I hadn't thought about the mechanics of the operation and was forgetting the procedure is simpler than with girl cats (duh, of course), I was remembering Mischief's recovery from that operation, she was miserable, Purszi seems like he will bounce back pretty quickly...well, I'm off to spoil him some and see if he'll tolerate a longer snuggle while he is still a bit sleepy!! (He's such a little boy, not too keen on that mushy stuff!) Hope you had a pleasant evening with Noah and that tomorrow is a good day for you, hugs and purrs from Leejaye and Purszival
moon_beam
Hi, Leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how Purszival did with his surgery. I know you will be keeping a close eye on your precious Purszival during his recuperation. Be sure to keep watch for any swelling. Will he need any stitches removed next week?

Yes, I do so relate to your Purszival's being "not too keen on that mushy stuff!" My Noah will only allow a certain amount of "mommy mushy stuff" too. There are times when I wish I could pick him up in my arms and hold him when he's sleeping, but I know moving him would only wake him up and then the "mood" would be lost. So, I'm thankful for the moments he "permits" me to hold him.

I hope today is being kind to you and your precious Purszival. Again, I am so o o o o glad to know that he is home now and well into his recovery. Please know you and your precious little boy are in my thoughts and prayers. Please give your precious Purszival a hug from "auntie moon_beam", and I am looking forward to knowing how you both are doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
leejaye
Hi moon_beam, Mr Purszival looks pretty good this morning, no swelling or anything - i had to use some wound guard spray (a bitter licking deterrent) because he was trying to lick the wounds, I hope it didn't sting, he gave me a horrified look and ran away, although i was squirting a somewhat personal place, poor boy...no stitches to have out, so I just have to try to get him to relax and rest - a challenge!! I jokingly told him he shouldn't look so cute then I wouldn't want to cuddle him - he wriggled away, like you, I am so grateful for the snuggly moments he chooses to share, I'll pick my moment and give him his hug from Auntie Moon_beam! Hope you and Noah are having a lovely evening, take care my friend, Leejaye
moon_beam
Hi, Leejaye, thought I'd stop by before shutting down this gizmo for the night - - it's 10:43 p.m., and tomorrow morning 6 a.m. will come around very quickly - - when it's time to begin the process of going to work another day. Thank goodness tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

So glad your Mr. Purszival is doing well - - no swelling. When I have had to assist my furkids with their "personals" I have always told them that I was really not getting "fresh" with them - - but that mommy sometimes needs to "assist" in their "delicate" areas. Yeah - - good luck on getting him to rest and relax!! Your sweet precious boy is so blessed to have you for his Forever Mom.

I hope you and your Mr. Purszival are having a very peaceful and blissful evening, and that your day tomorrow will be filled with many wonderful and delightful moments. Please know you and your little boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
leejaye
Hi moon_beam, 6am is an unpleasant hour - well, when it's followed with a day at work it is...hope you got a good sleep and Friday flys for you...Purszi has been yelling to go and play with Bandit so we had a supervised visit which ended when Bandit wanted to check out Purszi's wounds, mmm, so much for relax and rest!! Apart from being bored, Pursz is really doing quite well - the weather (which has been absolutley beautiful) turned cold and wet today, so it's a good day to keep him in anyway. He went outside before, I think it was the first time he has walked on wet ground, he was flicking each paw as it touched the ground, quite a funny dance!! Anyway my friend, hope your Friday is fantastic, snuggles to Noah and hugs from me Leejaye
moon_beam
Hi, leejaye, it is now Friday evening here in Virginia, and it is the BEST time of the day for me because I am home with my precious little Noah for the weekend. I live for Friday evenings Monday through Friday.

So glad to know that your precious Purszival is doing well today. Yeah, most kitty kids - - no matter how big they are - -generally do not like getting their feet wet - - although there are a few exceptions to that like my Eli. For them it must be like it is for us when our shoes get wet in the rain - - walking on sloshy paws doesn't really sound appealing, does it?

I hope you and your precious Mr. Purszival will have a very peaceful and blissful evening, and a wonderful weekend whatever you do. Please know you and your little boy are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and am looking forward to sharing your news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.